Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa (6014 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / 23 Players Nigeria Should Take To 2010 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 2:00pm On Nov 25, 2009
honeric01:

Yes, santon's average and chivu is better, are you opposing this?
No Sir. How can I?  cheesy

We started the argument thing based on the ranking that was done early this month so remove the world cup ticket we just won from it before we continue. the ranking was already done when both teams were yet to play their last matches. that's where my argument started with. Well as long as we didn't do what fifa expected we do to get the right points (play high profile matches), then don't come telling me fifa should be discarded.
Ranking as we have established is based on the SIGNIFICANT matches. It was the build up and Euros that shot them up the ranking and that is what I'm trying to tell you.
I showed you the stats (FIFA, UEFA and CAF) for the last four years. Nothing exceptional to show that they were better than us. NOTHING!

Man, you are such a strange being, yes, he won with Porto because that year was a very easy year in the champions league and i said he won out of luck with Porto but the seasons i compared him with amodu was in the Chelsea season (when he was coaching Chelsea), why did you throw that part away? would you authoritatively tell me Chelsea played any cute football under mourinho even with the numbers of stars he had? but then he was winning right?
Yeah I can be strange  cheesy. No be my fault. Na my nature of work.  grin
But on a more serious note, you used the word "out of luck" something you later denied until I showed you your very own post. Will you kindly accept that you was wrong?  wink
Secondly, what do you mean by "cute" football? JM did what he had to do 'cos he had serious targets from the owner of the club (Roman) and you should know the kind of person he is. You cannot play sexy football and achieve all the time. Not all teams can play like Barca or the poorer version- Arsenal.
What he brought was the belief that IT CAN BE DONE! After winning then you can then relax. Besides, I don't buy all the talk about Chelsea playing "gra-gra" style. All that na make believe. "Cute" footie counts for nada if you don't win something. . .ask arse-nal.
I don't even want to go into the "stars" he had else we wont even finish this discussion.  cheesy

I don't know, maybe there's fifa free days in December or something like that i don't know and yes the Argentina friendly was canceled before (that was months ago) but maybe they still want to play them.
Well, it will be good if we can play some of the bigger teams to know where we stand before the Nations Cup at least.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2009
FBS:

No Sir. How can I?  cheesy
Better sir lol,

FBS:

Ranking as we have established is based on the SIGNIFICANT matches. It was the build up and Euros that shot them up the ranking and that is what I'm trying to tell you.
I showed you the stats (FIFA, UEFA and CAF) for the last four years. Nothing exceptional to show that they were better than us. NOTHING!
After i removed the world-cup ticket from it, they were better than us because they got to the semi of their own nations cup which we haven't gotten to since 4 years now.

FBS:

Yeah I can be strange  cheesy. No be my fault. Na my nature of work.  grin
But on a more serious note, you used the word "out of luck" something you later denied until I showed you your very own post. Will you kindly accept that you was wrong?  wink
I explained the era i was comparing Amodu and Mourinho on, and if not luck he used in winning the ucl with Porto, why hasn't he won it again or even get to the final? well, i just made it clear that i said that based on his time at Porto. he's no different from Amodu when he was in Chelsea. (he won with luck when he was with Porto and won matches anyhow when he was with Chelsea) grin

FBS:

Secondly, what do you mean by "cute" football? JM did what he had to do 'cos he had serious targets from the owner of the club (Roman) and you should know the kind of person he is. You cannot play sexy football and achieve all the time. Not all teams can play like Barca or the poorer version- Arsenal.
What he brought was the belief that IT CAN BE DONE! After winning then you can then relax. Besides, I don't buy all the talk about Chelsea playing "gra-gra" style. All that na make believe. "Cute" footie counts for nada if you don't win something. . .ask arse-nal.
I don't even want to go into the "stars" he had else we wont even finish this discussion.  cheesy

Yes, Amodu was given a target too by the NFF (world cup ticket) and all Nigerians were ready to tear him apart if he didn't deliver so he had to win anyhow, so what are you saying here? we all know the kind of person we are in Nigeria or don't you? we want to win by all cost so no one should blame him for not playing "cute" football since you are making excuses for mourinho too.

FBS:

Well, it will be good if we can play some of the bigger teams to know where we stand before the Nations Cup at least.

hopefully
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2009
honeric01:

Better sir lol,
At least we have agreed on something.  cheesy

After i removed the world-cup ticket from it, they were better than us because they got to the semi of their own nations cup which we haven't gotten to since 4 years now.
what about the 2006 (thats defo falls within 4 years) Nations Cup? We got Bronze innit?  undecided
So what is your point?

I explained the era i was comparing Amodu and Mourinho on, and if not luck he used in winning the ucl with Porto, why hasn't he won it again or even get to the final? well, i just made it clear that i said that based on his time at Porto. he's no different from Amodu when he was in Chelsea. (he won with luck when he was with Porto and won matches anyhow when he was with Chelsea) grin
Fallacy!!!

Again you say "luck" and later you will say you never said anything like that. Just accept that you used double standard there. FINITO!
How many managers do you know that have won the CL twice and how long did it take them.
Google and post pls.

Yes, Amodu was given a target too by the NFF (world cup ticket) and all Nigerians were ready to tear him apart if he didn't deliver so he had to win anyhow, so what are you saying here? we all know the kind of person we are in Nigeria or don't you? we want to win by all cost so no one should blame him for not playing "cute" football since you are making excuses for mourinho too.
Thank God Amodu and the boys qualified. That is all I can say for now and we are all looking forward to the Nations Cup.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 2:41pm On Nov 25, 2009
FBS:

At least we have agreed on something.  cheesy
so now you agreed with me that mourinho doesn't believe in an average player cheesy

FBS:

what about the 2006 (thats defo falls within 4 years) Nations Cup? We got Bronze innit?  undecided
So what is your point?
Fallacy!!!
The new method of ranking started (12 July 2006) so the 2006 nations cup is out of it. grin grin grin

FBS:

Again you say "luck" and later you will say you never said anything like that. Just accept that you used double standard there. FINITO!
How many managers do you know that have won the CL twice and how long did it take them.
Google and post pls.
Bro, i was talking about mourinho time in Chelsea, so forget about the luck issue i spoke about when he was in Porto, at least he didn't play ugly when he was with porto but he was lucky that the big names were already out of the ucl at that reason. i am comparing his time with Chelsea, not his time with Porto

FBS:

Thank God Amodu and the boys qualified. That is all I can say for now and we are all looking forward to the Nations Cup.

Yes oo, he should invite at least 10 home based players. he must do that.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by chidi5(m): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2009
At last we r in there and will make it.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by omar22(m): 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2009
I explained the era i was comparing Amodu and Mourinho on, and if not luck he used in winning the ucl with Porto, why hasn't he won it again or even get to the final? well, i just made it clear that i said that based on his time at Porto. he's no different from Amodu when he was in Chelsea. (he won with luck when he was with Porto and won matches anyhow when he was with Chelsea)

Chelsea were unlucky twice under Mourinho by running into Liverpool, the second time we were ravage with injury but tell me a manager that has won the CL without Luck along the way? Porto previously won the UEFA cup in 03, it doesn’t mean Jose is a bad manager the pressure was too high from the hierarchy at Chelsea to win the big ears cup, now comparing him to Amodu is the ultimate insult, Amodu hasn’t won a league title Jose has won 5 in 3 different countries, the best Amodu could boast of the Cup Winners Cup he won God knows when… Jose is a tactician and has the ability mess you up mentally….
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 10:19am On Nov 26, 2009
honeric01:

so now you agreed with me that mourinho doesn't believe in an average player cheesy
You know it is very important to read and understand. I have never said otherwise. Check my previous posts.

The new method of ranking started (12 July 2006) so the 2006 nations cup is out of it. grin grin grin
You are very funny. How many times are you going to shift post eh?  undecided
It was you who mentioned 2005-2009. Not me and now you telling me 2006? Who cares when the ranking started.

Bro, i was talking about mourinho time in Chelsea, so forget about the luck issue i spoke about when he was in Porto, at least he didn't play ugly when he was with porto but he was lucky that the big names were already out of the ucl at that reason. i am comparing his time with Chelsea, not his time with Porto
You used the word "luck" and that was the main issue so no need to shy away. You lost the battle on this one.  tongue
But don't worry, I won't tell anyone. grin
Besides, name the managers "lucky" enough to win 2 CL trophies or more in a row?  undecided Please I want to know.

Yes oo, he should invite at least 10 home based players. he must do that.
Amodu is over dependent on players in Europe. He should look inwards.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 10:46am On Nov 26, 2009
FBS:

You know it is very important to read and understand. I have never said otherwise. Check my previous posts.
Just pulling your legs, sion sir tongue

FBS:

You are very funny. How many times are you going to shift post eh?  undecided
It was you who mentioned 2005-2009. Not me and now you telling me 2006? Who cares when the ranking started.
Lol, well have u ever been in a law court before listening to a lawyer tackle a case? tongue

FBS:

You used the word "luck" and that was the main issue so no need to shy away. You lost the battle on this one.  tongue
But don't worry, I won't tell anyone. grin
Well, not to prolong matters, lets leave it at this. cheesy

FBS:

Besides, name the managers "lucky" enough to win 2 CL trophies or more in a row?  undecided Please I want to know.
He does not have to win in a role but at least he should try and win it with other clubs he's coached, imagine him coaching Chelsea for more than 3 seasons and not being able to get to the final for once with all the money he got to buy players? now he's in inter and the same thing is repeating itself again. undecided at least he should get to the final for once.

FBS:

Amodu is over dependent on players in Europe. He should look inwards.
he is surely going to look inward, he has been confirmed as the head coach to lead us to the nations cup and world cup by the nff.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 11:23am On Nov 26, 2009
honeric01:

Lol, well have u ever been in a law court before listening to a lawyer tackle a case? tongue
I wouldn't want to go to court for anything. My junior sis is a lawyer though. cheesy

He does not have to win in a role but at least he should try and win it with other clubs he's coached, imagine him coaching Chelsea for more than 3 seasons and not being able to get to the final for once with all the money he got to buy players? now he's in inter and the same thing is repeating itself again. undecided at least he should get to the final for once.
First off- getting to the finals means nothing if you can't win it.
Secondly It takes time to win anything. SAF has coached MU for how many years? How many times has he won the CL?  undecided

he is surely going to look inward, he has been confirmed as the head coach to lead us to the nations cup and world cup by the nff.
Good for him and I heard he is been paid 1.2M/month. Not a bad salary eh?  cheesy
John Obuh was paid 100k? Can you imagine?
Hopefully, Amodu will bring in new and good players. That guy, Obiora Nwankwo (from U-20) is very good in the midfield. I think there should be a blend of U-17, U-20 and Some players from the senior squad - We will be UNSTOPPABLE!
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 11:36am On Nov 26, 2009
FBS:

I wouldn't want to go to court for anything. My junior sis is a lawyer though. cheesy
Ha ha, thanks for the understanding. smiley

FBS:

First off- getting to the finals means nothing if you can't win it.
Secondly It takes time to win anything. SAF has coached MU for how many years? How many times has he won the CL?  undecided
You left out the rest like Benitez that did wonders with Liverpool grin

FBS:

Good for him and I heard he is been paid 1.2M/month. Not a bad salary eh?  cheesy
John Obuh was paid 100k? Can you imagine?
Hopefully, Amodu will bring in new and good players. That guy, Obiora Nwankwo (from U-20) is very good in the midfield. I think there should be a blend of U-17, U-20 and Some players from the senior squad - We will be UNSTOPPABLE! 
well 1.2m is not too small nor big, imagine gulitt asking for 25m per month, how robust is his CV? saf, Capello or even more robust to guus?
he must invite rabiu Ibrahim, azeez and few others, they are potential players.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2009
honeric01:

Ha ha, thanks for the understanding. smiley
It was fun! grin

You left out the rest like Benitez that did wonders with Liverpool grin
Wonders? What wonders? Benitez only won the CL once just like Jose M. So you see, it's not that easy.

well 1.2m is not too small nor big, imagine gulitt asking for 25m per month, how robust is his CV? saf, Capello or even more robust to guus?
he must invite rabiu Ibrahim, azeez and few others, they are potential players.
Yeah 1.2m is not too small or too big. And don't mind Gullit (if indeed he demanded that sort of fee). He should go and coach Saudi Arabia! grin
And yes, Rabiu, Azeez, Obiora, Sani Emmanuel and some others should be invited.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2009
FBS:

Wonders? What wonders? Benitez only won the CL once just like Jose M. So you see, it's not that easy.
At least, he got to another final

FBS:

Yeah 1.2m is not too small or too big. And don't mind Gullit (if indeed he demanded that sort of fee). He should go and coach Saudi Arabia! grin
And yes, Rabiu, Azeez, Obiora, Sani Emmanuel and some others should be invited.

no mind that thief, where him dey now self?
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 2:04pm On Nov 26, 2009
honeric01:

At least, he got to another final
Getting to the final is not the same as winning it. When he wins it, then he becomes a hero.

no mind that thief, where him dey now self?
He resigned from LA Galaxy last year.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2009
FBS:

Getting to the final is not the same as winning it. When he wins it, then he becomes a hero.

Getting to the final says alot or what do you think?
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2009
honeric01:

Getting to the final says alot or what do you think?
If you get to the final and you don't win, that means "almost" or "nearly" but as you already know, nearly does not kill a bird.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2009
FBS:

If you get to the final and you don't win, that means "almost" or "nearly" but as you already know, nearly does not kill a bird.

But it says alot about you and it is a plus to your CV
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 7:20pm On Nov 26, 2009
honeric01:

But it says alot about you and it is a plus to your CV
Just imagine winning the trophy. No just imagine for a second.
Yeah there is nothing like it.
Losing in a final is a heartbreak. A failure sort of.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 7:31pm On Nov 26, 2009
FBS:

Just imagine winning the trophy. No just imagine for a second.
Yeah there is nothing like it.
Losing in a final is a heartbreak. A failure sort of.

And does that rule out the fact that it takes alot to get to a final of any competition?
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2009
honeric01:

And does that rule out the fact that it takes alot to get to a final of any competition?
It takes a lot to get even to the QF but it is the winner that is crowned.
In the CL, there is no prize for second place.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2009
FBS:

It takes a lot to get even to the QF but it is the winner that is crowned.
In the CL, there is no prize for second place.

so does that take something away from the coach that took his guys to the final?
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 11:38am On Nov 27, 2009
honeric01:

so does that take something away from the coach that took his guys to the final?
It takes nothing even from the team that reached the QF. They all tried.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2009
FBS:

It takes nothing even from the team that reached the QF. They all tried.

Bros, let's close this chapter, i am tired of recycling. embarassed
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2009
honeric01:

Bros, let's close this chapter, i am tired of recycling. embarassed
hehehe! grin

Meanwhile. . .

Afribank Line Up Brazil, Spain Friendlies For Eagles
The Super Eagles will not be lacking in top-grade international friendly games in the build-up to the World Cup next year if the sponsorship proposal of Afribank Plc is approved as the bank is prepared to bring countries like Brazil, Argentina and a host of other top football-playing nations to Nigeria.

Revealing this was the Nigerian Football Federation’s H.O.D Marketing, Idris Adama who was upbeat that for once, Nigerians who have for long been clamouring for quality friendlies for the Eagles would finally get their wish.

“The bank (Afribank) is preparing a proposal to sponsor friendly games for the Eagles as their own support for Nigerian Football. They plan to bring Brazil, Argentina and other top teams and the good thing is that the games would be played in Nigeria so the fans could see their stars in action. The only proviso is that any of these teams that fall in Nigeria’s group after the draw, naturally, will not be involved,” Adama said.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/2009/11/afribank-line-up-brazil-spain-friendlies-for-eagles/
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2009
FBS:

hehehe! grin

Meanwhile. . .

Afribank Line Up Brazil, Spain Friendlies For Eagles
The Super Eagles will not be lacking in top-grade international friendly games in the build-up to the World Cup next year if the sponsorship proposal of Afribank Plc is approved as the bank is prepared to bring countries like Brazil, Argentina and a host of other top football-playing nations to Nigeria.

Revealing this was the Nigerian Football Federation’s H.O.D Marketing, Idris Adama who was upbeat that for once, Nigerians who have for long been clamouring for quality friendlies for the Eagles would finally get their wish.

“The bank (Afribank) is preparing a proposal to sponsor friendly games for the Eagles as their own support for Nigerian Football. They plan to bring Brazil, Argentina and other top teams and the good thing is that the games would be played in Nigeria so the fans could see their stars in action. The only proviso is that any of these teams that fall in Nigeria’s group after the draw, naturally, will not be involved,” Adama said.

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/2009/11/afribank-line-up-brazil-spain-friendlies-for-eagles/

yea, it was Spain i was trying to remember, these are big time countries
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2009
If we beat Spain, then the WC is ours! cheesy
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
FBS:

If we beat Spain, then the WC is ours! cheesy

For friendly game?
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2009
honeric01:

For friendly game?
Yep! grin
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 5:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
nobi friendly go determine if we go carry cup.
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by FBS: 5:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
Just pulling your guys legs. . .come off it dudes!
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 6:03pm On Nov 27, 2009
knew you were playing bro, was also playing too tongue
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2009
So u guyz are playerz grin grin
Re: 2010 World Cup Qualifiers - Africa by honeric01(m): 6:27pm On Nov 27, 2009
no o, we are not players oo, me i am the 4th official, fbs is the match commissioner grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FIFA: Argentina’s Goal Against Nigeria Was Illegal (Infractions) / Strong Muscular Bur Very Sexy Girl / Shirts And Polos For Football Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.