Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software (13365 Views)

2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Presidency To Probe Nigerians Named In Panama Papers / Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by AntiWailer: 7:35am On Sep 19, 2016
What nonsense.

They are always pushing thrash too far.

Sack the eediot that is found culpable and move on.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by WesBreezy: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2016
APC and useless agenda .. Should this be a priority?

4 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Zedoo(m): 7:38am On Sep 19, 2016
That will gulp millions of naira right? Mtvgw Nigerians....

4 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by loomer: 7:39am On Sep 19, 2016
adconline:

Always offering advice from ignorant position. You need an anti-plagiarism software. You have no f_ucking idea how it works, so stop talking!!

**** you wey get idea how does it work? Why dem go need the software if dem dey think with thief heads to get speech written?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by VictorRomanov: 7:41am On Sep 19, 2016
Sunglass20:
Wetin be this I beg... I have actually been wondering, if a leader cannot prepare a speech himself, it means what he reads as promises are just promises/ speeches made by others. He can never fulfill them because they were/are actually not his words. Nigeria, we import goods, we import speech! Issorait!

Not really. Virtually all leaders have speechwriters. they re just like secretaries. Their bosses express his ideas and they put it into writing in ways that would captivate the audience. Besides, the leader would have read the speech before delivery, so he can ask the speech writer to amend areas he disagrees with. watch the movie, The King's Speech.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by AntiWailer: 7:42am On Sep 19, 2016
omowolewa:
There is no need for a software, just get better speechwritter. Not software that will slow down the pace of work

Software will not slow down the work but it is not the next move.

They should sack the speech writer and get another one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Philinho(m): 7:43am On Sep 19, 2016
Other leaders can speak without even writing it down .but here is a leader who don't know his left from right......,

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Jesusloveyou: 7:44am On Sep 19, 2016
whitebeard:
All this wahala cuz of speech..!!
is all becos of ipods, just to put their brains in proper place. they dont know how to play opposition. is just to make noise for every little things, when we have alot to debate.

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by TRADELYN: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016
adconline:
So they never had one? Naija is actually ruled by Stone Age people. I have been using turnitin for about 15 years now
Even turnitin can't detect that.

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Okeikpu(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016
Daura beef angry

3 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Bizibi(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016
Em Don approve hundreds of million fr that device.....sorry em Don even purchase am,wey the receipt......

3 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by iamclime(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2016
hUmaneOne:
Haa.something that all postgraduate students have on their laptops?
Something i install free almost every week?

If news bits are exhausted, why not tell me they need to install Microsoft Office and Antivirus??
As per your comment, please which software will you recommend for an academic/business researcher, based on your experience?
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2016
Hahahahahaha.

So, them wan spend Dollars for anti plagiarism software

Can you imagine this monumental incompetence?

So, Buhari does not have people who can think out simple compositions. of English?

So, dies it mean his speech writers are without certificates too?

please, let them write the speeches in Hausa or Arabic then when he is reading it, we can get interpretation.

Under this received session, them still wan spend dollar for nothing?

Shame ooooo. shame.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Caliph69: 7:46am On Sep 19, 2016
So they don't know what Grammarly does on top all the degrees weh the PA's, SA's and SSA's gather.

I hope millions won't be allocated for such cuz my Grammarly is about $700 per annum.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by sekundosekundo: 7:47am On Sep 19, 2016
omowolewa:
There is no need for a software, just get better speechwritter. Not software that will slow down the pace of work

How will they loot Nigeria dry if not through this.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by TRAVEL101(m): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2016
What's all this brouhaha about a speech that was written with someone else .How can this information add value to us.
If only the president can write his own speech or vet the. Write up before reading.

Naija I hail

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Jesusloveyou: 7:48am On Sep 19, 2016
WesBreezy:
APC and useless agenda .. Should this be a priority?
help me ask ipods
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Acidosis(m): 7:48am On Sep 19, 2016
The problem with plagiarism detection software is that it will never solve this problem smiley

I'm speaking from my over 6 years experience with plagiarism detection software (e.g. turnitin, writeme, grammarly, etc.).

This software will never detect a paraphrased statement (like the "plagiarised" content from Obama's speech). Run it a million and one times, you wouldn't find any link with Obama's speech (if paraphrased rightly).

The Presidency should simply put its attention on Speech and Content writers with integrity.

Again, plagiarism checkers only detect VERBATIM contents (as most Nigerian copy and paste students do). Buhari's speech on "Change begins with me" was rightly paraphrased. The only crime is that the writer failed to give credit to Obama. Now that's plagiarism! not verbatim writing!

3 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 19, 2016
A very silly President, he cant even write a speech. In advanced countries, speech writers are hired because the Presidents have road-maps of blueprints they are working on; such as economic models and hence require trained script writers to persuade the people to understand government's drive. But the mor0n wan follow get speech writers, and him supposed use professionals, but truth to his archaic character, na him uncle begin write speech for him in 21st. Both the writer and the reader are incorrigible fools.

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by SycophanticGoat: 7:49am On Sep 19, 2016
Oblag (or whatever you call yourself)!! Shey you see your life for outside? This software is something that even primary schools abroad have and a whole president wouldn't pass his speech first through such before reading it out to the public.

For people who can't afford such, even Google will do the trick.

The most annoying part is that you were here defending this so ch*ld*shly.

All present APC supporters are actually brainless so I'm not surprised..
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by joey150(m): 7:50am On Sep 19, 2016
adconline:
So they never had one? Naija is actually ruled by Stone Age people. I have been using turnitin for about 15 years now
Are you a lecturer?
Turnitin frustrated me during my project days.
It could single out sentences i constructed as plagiarized contents.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by AZeD1(m): 7:52am On Sep 19, 2016
Sunglass20:
Wetin be this I beg... I have actually been wondering, if a leader cannot prepare a speech himself, it means what he reads as promises are just promises/ speeches made by others. He can never fulfill them because they were/are actually not his words. Nigeria, we import goods, we import speech! Issorait!
All leaders have speech writers.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by GoodSide: 7:53am On Sep 19, 2016
misplaced priorities
we all know we are in economic recession
wtf do we need a software for.
did obama inbuilt software in his brain was it reformatted to factory reset.
stupid idiot

den b4 u know it
they claim 5billion was spent on useless software.
stupid copy and paste apc dullards
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by PrinceEvolution(m): 7:54am On Sep 19, 2016
STUPID I REPEAT STUPID!!!!GROUP OF DUMBS..NITWITS,SCALLY ROGUES!!!ANOTHER AVENUE TO STEAL AGAIN..USE UR BRAINS AND DO THE RIGHT THING..IS WHY GOD GAVE YOU..WHY DO U EMPLOY A SPEECHWRITER?U MORONS CREATE BOGUS CABINET AND SPENDRIFT OUR RESOURCES LIKE DIARRHEA ..AT THE END UR IDIOTIC SPEECHWRITER WILL GO AND DOWNLOAD AND EDIT SPEECH ONLINE.ON BEHALF OF ALL SANE THINKING NIGERIANS I PRESENT YOU UR SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!!NEXT GOOD NEWS PLEASE!!!!
Everfrank:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/presidency-to-install-plagiarism-detection-software/163003.html
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Okeikpu(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2016
Nnamdi Kanu is anyway
We r living in the zoo
I visited Singapore ds summer
The place was like.......... shocked shocked they has no oil ooooh
But they has human resources which those claimed they were born to rule us don't hv and will never do...
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Caliph69: 8:00am On Sep 19, 2016
Acidosis:

Again, plagiarism checkers only detect VERBATIM contents (as most Nigerian copy and paste students do). Buhari's speech on "Change begins with me" was rightly paraphrased. The only crime is that the writer failed to give credit to Obama. Now that's plagiarism! not verbatim writing!

It's well.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 19, 2016
Smh will not be reading that long epistle but the title is enough to make me Smh. They only realised that now abi?
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by project4OO: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2016
Acidosis:
The problem with plagiarism detection software is that it will never solve this problem smiley

I'm speaking from my over 6 years experience with plagiarism detection software (e.g. turnitin, writeme, grammarly, etc.).

This software will never detect a paraphrased statement (like the "plagiarised" content from Obama's speech). Run it a million and one times, you wouldn't find any link with Obama's speech (if paraphrased rightly).

The Presidency should simply put its attention on Speech and Content writers with integrity.

Again, plagiarism checkers only detect VERBATIM contents (as most Nigerian copy and paste students do). Buhari's speech on "Change begins with me" was rightly] paraphrased. The only crime is that the writer failed to give credit to Obama. Now that's plagiarism! not verbatim writing!
...not sure about that
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by donigspain(m): 8:06am On Sep 19, 2016
So they have been writing speeches without anti-plagiarism checks? Jesuuuuuuu!
Let it be known that the software is free. Copyscape is the best and free before someone quotes N200m for that project.

1 Like

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by VajanahDischaj(f): 8:08am On Sep 19, 2016
buhahahahahahari ooh! cheesy grin

this is quite interesting!!
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:09am On Sep 19, 2016
That is good. Get software like Turnitin.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Gkemz: 8:11am On Sep 19, 2016
And this will also consume a large chunk of money just as 'change begins with you' initiative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Intrigues As Ex-Governors Battle For APC Chairmanship / 2023: Buhari In Adamawa, Solicits Support For Tinubu, Binani / We Won’t Endorse Any Candidate For Kogi, Bayelsa Guber Polls – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.