Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software (13363 Views)

2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Presidency To Probe Nigerians Named In Panama Papers / Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by alezzy13: 8:15am On Sep 19, 2016
Sunglass20:
Wetin be this I beg... I have actually been wondering, if a leader cannot prepare a speech himself, it means what he reads as promises are just promises/ speeches made by others. He can never fulfill them because they were/are actually not his words. Nigeria, we import goods, we import speech! Issorait!

Such astounding ignorance.

Very, very few - if any - leader write their own speech. Even the 'great' Obama are usually written by specially emplyed white house speechwriters.

In fact, the few times that Obama has written a speech himself, the whitehouse had to make statment regarding it. For instance the speech he made while attending the shooting of the policemen in Dallas was personally written by him, and the whitehouse issued a statement to that effect.

pls educate yourself
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by globe16: 8:16am On Sep 19, 2016
Another choppings don set.. hahaha.. buhari is corruption!
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Aroh48(m): 8:19am On Sep 19, 2016
What kind of useless and dead brain leaders we have in Nigeria, only to prepare speech they can't.Gej is not an exception.This country is cursed.Time to relocate to planet mars.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by justplainpaul(m): 8:19am On Sep 19, 2016
Nawa o. common plagiarism software weh bloggers dey use na im Bubu no dey use since.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by spamgod: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2016
unlooking
yahoo boys check my signature and cash out
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by mercyviv(f): 8:22am On Sep 19, 2016
Who is it going to detect first
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by alezzy13: 8:24am On Sep 19, 2016
noblezone:
Hahahahahaha.

So, them wan spend Dollars for anti plagiarism software

Can you imagine this monumental incompetence?

So, Buhari does not have people who can think out simple compositions. of English?

So, dies it mean his speech writers are without certificates too?

please, let them write the speeches in Hausa or Arabic then when he is reading it, we can get interpretation.

Under this received session, them still wan spend dollar for nothing?

Shame ooooo. shame.

#geez. Not again. Illiteracy is really bad. . .

Plagiarism software has nothing to do with "think out simple compositions" - whatever the Fugg that is. It is an indispensable tool used by academics all over the world. Essentially, its job is what its name says - check if plagiarism rule has been flouted.

Just a suggestion, you might also want to invest in a grammer checker yourself. Nonsense.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by hUmaneOne: 8:39am On Sep 19, 2016
iamclime:

As per your comment, please which software will you recommend for an academic/business researcher, based on your experience?
I'm into medical research.
Why not Google for business ones?
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by ensamy(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2016
TURN-IT-IN . thats the name of the software, I used it during my postgraduate studies. It will check your thesis, articles etc and gives you the level of plagiarism by checking all works, papers etc online and within 24hrs or less it will give back the % of similarities.
Some schools will only accept 10%, some 5% of plagiarism or similarities. some even less than 5%.
Its simple to install and good so as to avoid this type of National embarrasment.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by ephi123(f): 8:47am On Sep 19, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Not really. Virtually all leaders have speechwriters. they re just like secretaries. Their bosses express his ideas and they put it into writing in ways that would captivate the audience. Besides, the leader would have read the speech before delivery, so he can ask the speech writer to amend areas he disagrees with. watch the movie, The King's Speech.

I sincerely doubt if this is the case with Buhari, he doesn't appear to be someone with ideas, not to mention expressing them.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by omowolewa: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2016
Thank you sir, how was you weekend? Buy anti-plag software, instal it all systems and devices.

Goodluck boy
adconline:

Always offering advice from ignorant position. You need an anti-plagiarism software. You have no f_ucking idea how it works, so stop talking!!
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by sirusX(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2016
joey150:

Are you a lecturer?
Turnitin frustrated me during my project days.
It could single out sentences i constructed as plagiarized contents.

Lol...that sounds so familiar. It wuznt easy trying to beat turnitin even wen you used your own words, especially certain terms specific to a discipline
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 19, 2016
if the person that plagiarise the speech is someone else, we would have heard that He has been sacked. it's good to be Mr President nephew sha.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by sirusX(m): 9:21am On Sep 19, 2016
I just hope the government don't call up a contract worth millions for something as trivial as this undecided
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Billygee2u: 9:22am On Sep 19, 2016
Sunglass20:
Wetin be this I beg... I have actually been wondering, if a leader cannot prepare a speech himself, it means what he reads as promises are just promises/ speeches made by others. He can never fulfill them because they were/are actually not his words. Nigeria, we import goods, we import speech! Issorait!
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by osebe: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2016
This administration makes me wanna puke sometimes.Ordinary Speech....
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Tamakay(m): 9:36am On Sep 19, 2016
A good idea but I don't really know why this has suddenly become a problem. If u want to copy, u simply quote the original work or u do citation. In 9nice words, "photocopy" is the in thing here in 9ja too bad. They want to claim Odon for book
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 19, 2016
alezzy13:

#geez. Not again. Illiteracy is really bad. . .

Plagiarism software has nothing to do with "think out simple compositions" - whatever the Fugg that is. It is an indispensable tool used by academics all over the world. Essentially, its job is what its name says - check if plagiarism rule has been flouted.

Just a suggestion, you might also want to invest in a grammer checker yourself. Nonsense.

Bros, whatever tickles your fancy is okay by me.

A speech should be an intellectual property. Thank God you know academics use plagiarism software. Now, a speech by the President to the nation he is leading is not an academic exercise Sir.

You see the software in academics because you read a lot other peoples work and are there under obligation to ref them if you quote them.

What is academics about delivering a speech on Change Begins With Me??

What is the big deal about writing a simple speech conveying Mr President thoughts on the subject?

This scandal shows the.man is.not original and the idea is.not also original.

You can continue in your delusion of being knowledgeable, but please spare me this sermon and send it to the ultimate failure called Buhari and his bandwagon of empty heads.

Excuse me..
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by jidxin(m): 10:09am On Sep 19, 2016
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 19, 2016
yeye people why buy software when u can do yearly subscription for turnitin
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by VictorRomanov: 10:13am On Sep 19, 2016
ephi123:

I sincerely doubt if this is the case with Buhari, he doesn't appear to be someone with ideas, not to mention expressing them.

Well, I don't know about that grin
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by airsaylongcon: 10:19am On Sep 19, 2016
adconline:
So they never had one? Naija is actually ruled by Stone Age people. I have been using turnitin for about 15 years now

My brother, turnitin sef is overkill if they are just gonna use it to check the president's speeches
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by ephi123(f): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Well, I don't know about that grin

Haha! cheesy My guess is you don't want to be banned.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by tempest01(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2016
So the speeches are all talk...do they even understand what was written for them?

That means they can't be caught unawares and told to give a speech.

How will they now guide us to a better position?
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by tonio2wo: 10:37am On Sep 19, 2016
whitebeard:
All this wahala cuz of speech..!!
watch and see the software go reach 20 million naira! pesin go use this one chop naw
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by 4dor: 10:40am On Sep 19, 2016
Sunglass20:

Almost all world leaders have speech writers, this administration just hired lazy people.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by VictorRomanov: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2016
ephi123:

Haha! cheesy My guess is you don't want to be banned.

Not so. Ban doesnt affect my life in anyway. Besides, u ve not been banned, have u?

The truth is, most of the opinions we form about government officials are just what they are; opinions, not fact. These opinions maybe be based on political leaning or our present circumstances, conditions and situations. No real evidence. I bet u, if u spend a week up close and personal with the president, ur opinion about him might change.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Nobody: 11:11am On Sep 19, 2016
Somebody would hammer contract-wise based on this development.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by ephi123(f): 12:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
VictorRomanov:

Not so. Ban doesnt affect my life in anyway. Besides, u ve not been banned, have u?

The truth is, most of the opinions we form about government officials are just what they are; opinions, not fact. These opinions maybe be based on political leaning or our present circumstances, conditions and situations. No real evidence. I bet u, if u spend a week up close and personal with the president, ur opinion about him might change.

I just came back from my very first ban yesterday, so now extra careful what I write.

With Buhari's case, I doubt if his personal vs public personae is much different, his actions have shown what his thought process is. I held him in high esteem before but not any longer.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
omowolewa:
There is no need for a software, just get better speechwritter. Not software that will slow down the pace of work
It takes just 5-10 minutes for turnitin to run proper check on any academic materials.

It should be installed in all universities and see how many Professors will be stripped off their useless plagiarized dessertation.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by egobetatoday: 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ferdyboss:
grin grin grin. Once bitten, twice shy. This is what happens when you don't have "quality" in your team.

yes, when the speech writer is one Aminu Daura. yeye govt.
Re: Presidency To Install Plagiarism Detection Software by tolufase: 12:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
I should be given the contract to import the software. Currently, we don't have the software in Nigeria while another person will install the software. This is what is called diversification of contract.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Maritime University Land Acquired In Dubious Way - Olu Of Warri / Anambra, 4th Largest State GDP In Nigeria / Smart City: Lagos To Deploy 10,000 CCTV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.