Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi (9289 Views)

Ipob Attack Yorubas In Aba / RIVERS STATE GOVT: There Re No Indigenous Igbos In Rivers State / Breaking News: Nigerian Govt Orders Immediate Withdrawal Of Troops From ND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by hundredhunndred: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:

Thy are never at peace with any tribe they can't dominate or see as a threat.
They love ijaws today simply because they see Ijaw as angry with Nigeria, but for totally different reason.

They are the only tribe that fight everyone over crap. If they aint fighting those in Delta, they will be insulting those in PH. Soon they will start fighting the owners of Abuja, but they will be the first to cry that people hate them. Have you ever seen anyone fight over there land? Cos its a cursed and trashy place that no one care about, they are even running away from the place so i dont blame them. cheesy cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Twistaray(m): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
hundredhunndred:

Okay, you own Lagos. We have heard you, can you now face your gala hawking and stop splashing spits everywhere.

Look at flatttiies that want to dominate there master ancestral land grin

They are not even coordinated sef grin

The land of my maternal grandpa nah him those homeless people Wan claim

Kikikikiki grin

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by hundredhunndred: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
Twistaray:

Look at flatttiies that want to dominate there master ancestral land grin

They are not even coordinated sef grin

The land of my maternal grandpa nah him those homeless people Wan claim

Kikikikiki grin

Lmaooo. Its better to allow a slave feel like a master so people can laugh. How can a 10th class citizen of the whole country dominate others, people that have been relegated to the dustbin and shared as war booty to all tribes. Just laugh abeg.

9 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Twistaray(m): 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
hundredhunndred:

Lmaooo. Its better to allow a slave feel like a master so people can laugh. How can a 10th class citizen of the whole country dominate others, people that have been relegated to the dustbin and shared as war booty to all tribes. Just laugh abeg.

Abeg I no Wan laugh, make I no tear my belle sef

Damniiiiiiiii
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by phemmyutd(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:

Federal Government of Biafra said so grin

I thought as much

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by rlauncher(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=dreamworld post=49484307]Lagos state, kwara state and kogi doesnt have indiginous yoruba people in it
For example in lagos state, the first settlers in it are the binis and while qwara state and kogi which is in the middle belt is predominantly owned by the hausas
for example, Yahaya Bello
The Executive Governor of Kogi State is an hausa man
Abdulfatah ahmed, the executive governor of qwara state is an hausa man,
And also the executive governor of lagos state is also said not to be from lagos state but from ondo state
And also most land in lagos state belongs to people from all parts and tribes of nigeria
[/quote

You are a LIAR.

The executive governor of Kwara state is a Yorubaman with a muslim name. Most Yoruba people who have lived in the north before 1914 bears Islamic names , dresses like northerners and you can easily mistaken them for northerners.

One other thing you don't know is that the Yoruba areas in Kwara, Kogi and Niger states were forcefully merged with the old northern region in order to manipulate election results in 1960 so that neither the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo nor the late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe nor the combination of both of them will be able to form the first government at independence. They needed a northerner in power so that they can arrogate most of the newly found oil well in the Niger Delta to themselves.

Also, for your information, the emir of Ilorin is a Yoruba man as well. During the colonial era, the kingmakers of Ilorin ensured that the kingship returned to the Yoruba's by appointing someone whose mother is from the royal family but whose father was a Yorubaman. They did that with the approval of the colonial government in power at the time.

Finally, I wish to ask those people who relishes in misrepresenting facts about Yoruba people and their history on nairaland to desist from doing so from now on. grin

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by rlauncher(m): 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
Ooni:
Op is a tribalist

kwara is a sort of hybrid. The southern kwarans are related to us yoruba. They have oba and speak a language that is almost our own but they see themseseves different from us and i dont know why. Central kwarans including ilorin was once under oyo control but the modern ilorin was founded and owned by the fulani hence they have an emir. Northern kwarans are hausas and nupes. A non yoruba may confuse kwara as yorubaland because of the language but most of the indigenes are fulani hausa and nupe by blood hence it is a northern state. So op, we never claimed kwara as yorubaland.

Kogi is Igbira igala and okun

even though lagos is an awori and egun city, the state govt website stated that no ethnic group can claim its ownership. Most ibos and yorubas in lagos are visitors. We Yorubas never claimed kwara and lagos as our own unlike ibos that claim abuja so op take your trouble elsewhere.

You are dead wrong in all your submission. Stop writing about what you know nothing about! angry

Ilorin is a Yoruba city with scant numbers of Fulani living in it.Kwara state is not about Ilorin people alone. We also have the Ilesha people (Kwara west) different from the Ilesha in Ondo state and pronounced differently.We also have another ancient Yoruba city of the Igbomina people in Kwara East., also forcefully merged with the north against their will.

Kwara West- Ilesha- Yoruba

Kwara Central- Ilorin- Yoruba

Kwara East - Igbomona - Yoruba

This were all forcefully annexed to the North before independence to give the north political advantage over the south. They have never seen themselves as northerners and their votes until recent time have always been counted against them.

The Okun people of Kogi West are Yoruba people who also were forcefully merged with the old northern region against their wish by the colonial government in order to reduce the political powers of the Yoruba's in particular and the southern Nigeria in general.They were also forcefully inserted into Kogi state by the Abacha Administration.

Most Yoruba's on Nairaland are those who went to school when History and Yoruba language are no longer being taught in our schools litlle wonder the person I just quoted wrote the things I just quoted. angry

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by rlauncher(m): 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2016
sekundosekundo:
even though lagos is an awori and egun city, the state govt website stated that no ethnic group can claim its ownership. Most ibos and yorubas in lagos are visitors.

Chaii, so Lagos is No man's land.

Yes. No single ethnic group can lay claim to Lagos, by three athnic groups can.

(1) Egun people of Badagry ( Lagos West )

(2)Awori ( Lagos Central)

(3)Ijebu people of Lekki (Lagos Central)

(4) Ijebu people of Ikorodu and Epe ( Lagos East )

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by facelessangel: 3:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
rlauncher:

(5) IGBO
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by obaaderemi: 3:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:
Binis are the first people to set foot in lagos state
Qwaras are northerners
But why are u doing this?the indigenous people of lagos are the aworis,a subtribe of the yorubas.the binis came later and conquered what is today lagos island.they didnt even rule it but ruled through surrogate chiefs they installed.not even whole of lagos.thats why the areas in lagos state have their own kings till today because they were never under one ruler.kwara is yoruba and all have yoruba obas except ilorin whose people long ago preferred the rulership of fulanis to oyo empire.dont misinform people here.ur thread is best ignored because it smells of illiteracy and ignorance but then i have to inform pple u must have misinformed.
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by rlauncher(m): 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2016
facelessangel:

(5) IGBO

Igbo's are not indigenes of Lagos but they are all welcomed. We are all Nigerians.
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by dreamworld: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2016
obaaderemi:
But why are u doing this?the indigenous people of lagos are the aworis,a subtribe of the yorubas.the binis came later and conquered what is today lagos island.they didnt even rule it but ruled through surrogate chiefs they installed.not even whole of lagos.thats why the areas in lagos state have their own kings till today because they were never under one ruler.kwara is yoruba and all have yoruba obas except ilorin whose people long ago preferred the rulership of fulanis to oyo empire.dont misinform people here.ur thread is best ignored because it smells of illiteracy and ignorance but then i have to inform pple u must have misinformed.
Yoruba doesnt have any indigene in lagos, kwara And kogi state, fact
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by simplycarro: 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:

Ok Igbos own Lagos! Are you happy now grin cheesy
Ambode and the 100% people working in LASG are Ibos grin

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by rlauncher(m): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
obaaderemi:

Binni people never lived in old Lagos nor settled down there, though a Binniman was adopted as king just the same way Yoruba people adopted Oduduwa as king even though he was a complete foreigner.

Also the Idejo chiefs were not from binni.They were and are still the traditional heads of awori clans that owns the lands of old Lagos.
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2016
facelessangel:

(5) IGBO
Correct
Igbos are now 60% percent of Lagos population.
Igbos are indigenous to Lagos state

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by simplycarro: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
imhotep:

Correct
Igbos are now 60% percent of Lagos population.
Igbos are indigenous to Lagos state

Hhaahahaahaha quid, where are you pictures meme?

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by dreamworld: 3:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:

Ok Igbos own Lagos! Are you happy now grin cheesy
Ambode and the 100% people working in LASG are Ibos grin
Simple English, U cant read, i said binis own lagos, stop calling iboz
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by simplycarro: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:

[s]Simple English, U cant read, i said binis own lagos, stop calling iboz[/s]

This is one of the Ibos that have never cross the River Niger before, lives in Abakaliki to determine who own Lagos. grin grin cheesy cheesy
You are truly living in a dream world. grin

6 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by obaaderemi: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2016
rlauncher:

Binni people never lived in old Lagos nor settled down there, though a Binniman was adopted as king just the same way Yoruba people adopted Oduduwa as king even though he was a complete foreigner.

Also the Idejo chiefs were not from binni.They were and are still the traditional heads of awori clans that owns the lands of old Lagos.
exactly the point i tried 2 make.it's pointless replying those ibos.they do most of the things they do just to be noticed.it's shameful to say the least.
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by quickberry(m): 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
dis op is MAD
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by obaaderemi: 4:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:

i pity ur children.they are going to have an ignorant and hatefilled father.hope ur hatred 4 the yorubas will not kill u soon.so the aworis of lagos are binis or ibos and the fulanis founded kwara?lack of basic education.

3 Likes

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Twistaray(m): 4:14pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:

This is one of the Ibos that have never cross the River Niger before, lives in Abakaliki to determine who own Lagos. grin grin cheesy cheesy
You are truly living in a dream world. grin

grin grin grin grin grin

Eyah
Not fair.
But you shouldn't have take the OP serious sha,afterall his i.d says it all " DreamWorld". cheesy

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by macof(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:
Lagos state, kwara state and kogi doesnt have indiginous yoruba people in it
For example in lagos state, the first settlers in it are the binis and while qwara state and kogi which is in the middle belt is predominantly owned by the hausas

And also the executive governor of lagos state is also said not to be from lagos state but from ondo state
And also most land in lagos state belongs to people from all parts and tribes of nigeria

hatred for Yoruba will always turn people to fools. ..

look at the iidiot undecided

not only does he speak bad English, he makes an entire post devoid of common sense and basic information about Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2016
I can spot a bastard!
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
A ridiculous claim. My ancestors were from Odomola, they migrated to Noforija. In Epe, Lagos. I live in Lagos and I'm a true Lagosian.

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by sekundosekundo: 4:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
rlauncher:

Tell me something. Ehnn, is this the reason why our Uganda brothers and lost tribe of Israel always hit their chest that Lagos in no man's land.
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:

Hhaahahaahaha quid, where are you pictures meme?

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by HajimeSaito(m): 4:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
What exactly is your problem OP? If Igbos want to leave Nigeria, what concerns them with Lagos and Kwara States?
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by simplycarro: 4:44pm On Sep 19, 2016
imhotep:

quid, this your current username sounds like you are impotent. When are you leaving nairaland Kuje? grin grin
The watery beans must really be re-formatting your brain bro. wink

1 Like

Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 19, 2016
Elisean:
The Binis set up Lagos (Eko) as a camp when they were going on a war to Dahomey.
who founded the binis? do u knw many edos bears yoruba names? go and do ur research
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by NairaandNigeria: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
dreamworld:
Lagos state, kwara state and kogi doesnt have indiginous yoruba people in it

Story developed by Biafra
Re: NIGERIAN GOVT: There Re No Indiginous Yorubas In Lagos, kwara And Kogi by hundredhunndred: 4:50pm On Sep 19, 2016
simplycarro:

quid, this your current username sounds like you are impotent. When are you leaving nairaland Kuje? grin grin
The watery beans must really be re-formatting your brain bro. wink

That one want Biafra and still want Nigeria. He is confused, though its not easy to be a 10th class citizen of a country, you will always cry for everything. Lol.

I swear, Wike is wicked.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Postpones FEC Meeting Over Unfinished Budget / How Many Of You Travelled To Participate In This Election? / Hillard Eta: I Am Still APC Acting National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.