Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session (27243 Views)

UNN Students Thrown Out Of The Hostel In Enugu (pics) / 10 Universities That Will Admit Highest Number Of Candidates For This Session / UNIBEN Students Generate “Supplementary” Income In The Hostel [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Juniorbuba(m): 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
[quote author=blueto post=49488191]Now that a new session is on the verge of starting, I think this article will be helpful for those who are still cogitating between residing in the hostel or booking an off campus apartment.

Although, reasons like low cost of hostel space, adequate water and electricity dominate why one should opt for a space in the school's dormitory, but results from perusals have also depicted reason why people should eschew hostel residence. And here are they.

High Depredatory Tendencies
In the hostel your properties may be more vulnerable to kleptomaniacs, bibliokleptomaniacs and others who steal as a result of “rational” reasons. Two phones and other valuable properties were alleged stolen in my hostel room last session, which ultimately lead us to a security office of the school for further interrogations. I'm grateful that the issue was resolved, which saved our names from the blacklist
U 4got to include cockroaches.~our major problem in umar suleiman hall,ABU zaria¤
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by bigblackbooty(f): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
True, I stay off k & alone too. I so luv my privacy

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by enniewest(f): 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nice points but there are some schools with really good hostels sha
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Unlimited22: 12:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
Venus007:
Well, I stay in NDDC. Im quite safe frm all these.
MOUAU??
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Midgut(m): 12:31pm On Sep 19, 2016
The one I am facing now is even worse!
It's not easy leaving among fools, nincompoops, undisciplined, indolent, and self-centered folks.
I wish I could afford renting room outside!
It's part of life shaaaa
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by RobinHez(m): 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
XaintJoel20:
You mean Hall 3 in Uniben?
Yes

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Geofavor(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Geofavor(m): 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto:
A year na. Even children of all these looting politicians will not agree to pay that enormous sum for a single month cheesy.
I said self-con, not face-to-face like uniben screening o grin.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by stevenchiil(m): 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
Venus007:
Well, I stay in NDDC. Im quite safe frm all these.
pls consider that nddc is not for every dept
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by GoodSide: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2016
hall 3 hostel students dey gree go house
na by off k
if any thing wan happen e ho happen.
na only hostel dey inside school
dem no dey see bq
Abegi
all dis 100level off k orientation
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by azeecoboy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto:
Lalasticlala, you can see that this work is 100% free from plagiarism and not emulating buhari's examples of such. so you can honour such efforts by featuring it on FP grincheesy.
In as much as i agree with ur post,i still believe there are still advantages living in hostel...Someone told me it pays to live in hostel especially in 100lvl,as this makes it easy for u not to miss out in activities going on around the school campus and also getting acquinted with allota of student
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Teniolasmart: 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto:
receive it in Jesus name!
amen oooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by azeecoboy(m): 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2016
Midgut:
The one I am facing now is even worse!
It's not easy leaving among fools, nincompoops, undisciplined, indolent, and self-centered folks.
I wish I could afford renting room outside!
It's part of life shaaaa
LOl,guy i can relate with all these,i must say its necessary to mingle with people with diff characters,these are experience which give us the insight of life
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Midgut(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
azeecoboy:
LOl,guy i can relate with all these,i must say its necessary to mingle with people with diff characters,these are experience which give us the insight of life
It's not only about mingling with them, but putting up with their undisciplined, immoral, and egocentric behaviour.
They won't flush the toilet despite the fact that water is running from tap 24/7. Rendering the hard work of those women (cleaner) useless. that is why they remain jobless after the acquisition of their worthless certificates.

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by safarigirl(f): 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto, which kain school you dey go wey bedbugs dey una room?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by azeecoboy(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2016
Midgut:

It's not only about mingling with them, but putting up with their undisciplined, immoral, and egocentric behaviour.
They won't flush the toilet despite the fact that water is running from tap 24/7. Rendering the hard work of those women (cleaner) useless. that is why they remain jobless after the acquisition of their worthless certificates.
It's a pity we can't do without these set of people in our higher institutions and if unluckily we get to meet them,there are no choices but to adapt..
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2016
safarigirl:
blueto, which kain school you dey go wey bedbugs dey una room?
gringrin na uniben ooo. bedbugs just dey terrorise people there.

wait o, so you mean say bedbug no de for your uniabuja?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 19, 2016
Geofavor:
I said self-con, not face-to-face like uniben screening o grin.
grin I think it is for self contain. no fear smiley
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by dharay99: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2016
I'm smilinq...cool details tho.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Chukazu: 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2016
how long does it take our leaders to build livable structures in hostels?
can't the change begin with this
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Geofavor(m): 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto:
grin I think it is for self contain. no fear smiley
hmm. Okay.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Adex097: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2016
Aiit, I stayed both in school hostel and off-campus. Although I'd be graduating this session (still off-k tho), but from my stay in off-campus so far, I've been able to come up with a hypothesis that most students tend to perfect whatever it is they wish to do when they stay off-campus.
What do I mean? When a student, who stays off-k vehemently decides to take his academic works serious, there are chances that he/she will do better there. In the same vein, a student with an unfocused lifestyle would be more lazy academically if the said student decides to stay off-k.
Conclusively, taking myself as a case study, i would recommend off-k for an upright student and school hostels for the seemingly lazy kind of students. My opinion tho.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2016
Geofavor:
hmm. Okay.
so how is your admission process going? smiley
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Geofavor(m): 2:02pm On Sep 19, 2016
Chukazu:
how does it take our leaders to build livable structures like these in hostels?
can't the change begin with this
That structure is new. If that is built in any federal school's hostel, some destructive students will still render it insalubrious within few weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2016
Adex097:
Aiit, I stayed both in school hostel and off-campus. Although I'd be graduating this session (still off-k tho), but from my stay in off-campus so far, I've been able to deduce a hypothesis that most students tend to perfect whatever it is they wish to do when they stay off-campus.
What do I mean? When a student who stays off-k vehemently decides to take his academic works serious, there are chances that he/she will do better there. In the same vein, a student with an unfocused lifestyle would be more lazy academically if the said student decides to stay off-k.
Conclusively, taking myself as a case study, i would recommend off-k for an upright student and school hostels for the seemingly lazy kind of students. My opinion tho.
I agree. I have to admit, there were times in the hostel that it felt a little challenging to go and read, so I had to rely on the motivation that came from seeing fellow room mates going to read. you just have to go and read because you wouldn't like to be seen as an aberrant in such aspect.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Midgut(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2016
azeecoboy:
It's a pity we can't do without these set of people in our higher institutions and if unluckily we get to meet them,there are no choices but to adapt..
The only thing they know how to do is blaming government and school administration. When they themselves have failed and are failing to contribute their quotas to the alleviation from the dilapidated state of the hostel and Nigeria in general. Change begins with each and everyone of we the youth!
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Geofavor(m): 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto:
so how is your admission process going? smiley
It's going just fine. I should be a staylite in 3 weeks' time. Thanks.

How much is hostel fees?
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2016
dharay99:
I'm smilinq...cool details tho.
when you discover that dharay fled the hostel for off campus gringrin

Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by dharay99: 2:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
blueto:
when you discover that dharay fled the hostel for off campus gringrin
Taaah, till my 3rd year.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Nobody: 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2016
Geofavor:
It's going just fine. I should be a staylite in 3 weeks' time. Thanks.

How much is hostel fees?

About 1500 for bed allocation
about 8500 for maintenance fee
about 500 for clearance fee.
So i think you should budget an estimate of 11k.
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Ranchhoddas: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
bobbiekrantz:
Especially UNN hostels angry
Taaa. I spent all my years in Eni-Njoku. #GreatestEnites
Re: 8 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Residing In The Hostel This Session by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
dharay99:

Taaah, till my 3rd year.
ok then.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABU Zaria Dam: A Nairalander Goes On A Private Excursion (Pictures Included) / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies / Nigerian Boarding School Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.