Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,780 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count (2800 Views)

Girl Rubs Boyfriend's Sperm On Her Face. See Reason / Will My Sister Get Another Man With Very High Sperm Count If She Leaves Her BF? / 10 Texting Habits That Should Tell Guys She Is Totally A Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by teepsee(f): 11:23pm On Sep 19, 2016
Saw this post some where, think I should share. Although some of the causes seems to be laughable but why not, just take a look. There are some very ordinary things that do influence a man's fertility. Below are the things he loves doing that are decreasing his sperm production.
1. Eating Processed Meat
A study found that processed meat, like sausage or bacon, can significantly harm sperm quality. It was found that men who ate half a portion of processed meat a day had only 5.5 percent "normal'" shaped sperm cells, compared to 7.2 percent who ate less. Instead, they found that fish are possibly the secret to better sperm.
2. Wearing Sunscreen
Lathering up before a day in the sun may actually be protecting him against skin cancer, but it's also potentially impairing his fertility. It has been established that chemicals commonly found in sunscreen can impair male fertility by 30 percent. When the skin absorbs chemicals which filter out UV rays, like BP-2 or 3OH-BP, it can interfere with his hormones.
3. Watching TV
A study from the British Journal of Sports Medicine confirmed that men who watch a lot of TV have fewer sperm than men who exercise moderately or vigorously each week. Couch potatoes who viewed more than 20 hours of television a week had 44 percent lower sperm count than men who watched almost no television.
4.. Not having Sex
For guys with low sperm counts, abstaining from even one day of sex can decrease their production even further, according to researchers. Abstaining from sex also causes sperm to change in shape, a sign that the sperm is going stale.
5. Drinking
Drinking alcohol can lower testosterone levels, which in turn leads to decreased sperm quality and production. Moderation is key with drinking — and hopefully he stops doing it on the couch while watching TV, too.
6. Eating Soy
A 2008 Harvard School of Public Health study revealed that even half a serving of soy a day was enough to harm a man's sperm production. Isoflavones, which are found in soy products, actually mimic estrogen. No more Soy for men!
7.Being a Vegeterian
Researchers at Loma Linda University Medical School found that vegetarians and vegans had much lower sperm counts compared with carnivores. Moreover, vegetarians also had less active sperm: One third of sperm were active! The culprit could be vitamin deficiencies and the Soy replacements.
8. Using his laptop and cellphone
It might be best for sperm count, for men to avoid using them for long periods of time. Researchers warn that the heat given off from laptops may increase the temperature in the scrotum and reduce sperm production. It has been esta kished that that those who talked for four or more hours have fewer, weaker sperm. More recently, researchers discovered that men who carry their phones in their pocket or on their belt (they still do that?) were more likely to have fewer, inactive sperm.
9. Stress
Whether he's anxious about work or even having a low sperm count, severe or prolonged stress can interfere with testosterone production.
Do you think you can believe any of these?

1 Like

Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by kingui(m): 11:28pm On Sep 19, 2016
thank you for the info. i'm guilty of must of them
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by teepsee(f): 11:39pm On Sep 19, 2016
kingui:
thank you for the info.
i'm guilty of must of them
welcome sir. I'm happy u learnt something new

1 Like

Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 19, 2016
no no thank God for creating a strong beign in me..i cant get low sperm count.
the possiblity of me getting low sperm count is like barca and madrid going relegation same season

iamnawty oya come make i test check mine.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by veekiestickz(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2016
BlorofGod shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by EzePromoe: 12:30am On Sep 20, 2016
10. High Sugar intake
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by uboma(m): 3:59am On Sep 20, 2016
teepsee:
welcome sir. I'm happy u learnt something new

Include the source you copied the post from.

Meanwhile I don't agree with points 2, 4 and 7.
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 20, 2016
This does not apply to me
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 20, 2016
Hmmm, serious magana wallahi
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by virtue123(m): 11:03am On Sep 20, 2016
Very informative. Op can you please tell us how can somebody knows he has low sperm count apart for lab test?
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by IamNawty(f): 1:33pm On Sep 20, 2016
MrKontrovErsy:
no no thank God for creating a strong beign in me..i cant get low sperm count.
the possiblity of me getting low sperm count is like barca and madrid going relegation same season

iamnawty oya come make i test check mine.
grin
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2016
IamNawty:
grin

lol..
see ur big white teeth.. oya come jor!

i have eaten all eatables..
yoghurt.. banana. watermelon and everythin.
oya come.
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by IamNawty(f): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2016
MrKontrovErsy:

lol..
see ur big white teeth.. oya come jor!

i have eaten all eatables..
yoghurt.. banana. watermelon and everythin.
oya come.
come and do Wat nah shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2016
IamNawty:
come and do Wat nah shocked shocked shocked shocked

come and collect sample na
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2016
[size=15pt] No. 4 is really interesting
I don't wanna lower my sperm count oo
Of to work!!! grin
[/size]
Re: Shocking Habits That Can Lower A Man's Sperm Count by player007(m): 4:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
uboma:

Include the source you copied the post from.

Meanwhile I don't agree with points 2, 4 and 7.
I tire o. how does watching TV using my phone, wearing sun screens cause low sperm count?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Save This Shiit I Got Myself Into / What Does Your Neighbour Do That Annoys You? / Girls Why Are You Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.