Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,923 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook (32581 Views)

9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You / 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by misspetit(f): 6:57am On Sep 21, 2016
moscobabs:

where is your location

Ikeja
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Skipuru(m): 7:01am On Sep 21, 2016
That's why people can't add me on Facebook cus I blocked unknown people adding me and you can even see all my pictures. .

I'M NOT RICH BUT my PRIVERCY MATTERS ALOT TO ME.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by babatee126(m): 7:01am On Sep 21, 2016
Like timaya... I just concur
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Bobulopsy(m): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2016
Thanks
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by kogistar: 7:10am On Sep 21, 2016
Tweakm5971:
Trusted Data Plans:- Data Bundle Reselling Company; we have been offering data bundles since 2014 and are verified and listed by Quickteller and Cashenvoy for Online Payment processing.
Call/Whatsapp/SMS bellow

To check balance before or after purchase,
For MTN, dial *461*6#
For Etisalat, dial *229*9#
For Airtel, dial *123*57#
For Glo, dial  *127*0#‎

To purchase any of our data bundle, follow these easy steps;
Data Bundle Prices are listed at the bottom of post;
1. Choose data plan you want to buy.

MTN
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000
Valid for A MONTH and a WK (38days duration)

GLO
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

ETISALAT
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

AIRTEL 
4GB for #1000
5GB for #1200
7.5GB for #1,500
10GB for #2,000

These Prices are valid if you are‎ paying via Airtime.
To buy Call/Whatsapp/SMS .
mr scammer

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by bullabong(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2016
3mmyz:
It's quite brief and very alerting to those of us that are very open to social media and aren't concerned or disturbed by what we share regularly.

I'm quite of an open person, but very streaked when it comes to guarding my space. I detest it when people rudely intrude my privacy without giving it a second thought, people should be given spaces and also create spaces for themselves to prevent outlookers (pokers).

I once shared a photo on this blog about Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg covering his cam and microphone jack with a tape!!! <Click to see >>http://gklited..co.id/2016/06/photo-of-facebook-mark-zuckerberg.html?m=1> that's should give you brain tickle on why you ought to guard your Info on Facebook by sharing non private data online.

The 5 Do nots For Facebook :

1. PHONE NUMBER OR E-mail:

If it's your mobile phone number, i see no reasons on why you should share your contacts on Facebook with the public.
Prank callers, stalkers, identity fakers, email spammers and contacts seekers could seek to exploit you with such advantage by doing all sorts of things to ridicule your social and personal circle.
If you love talking/mailing to friends on Facebook, try restricting your contact info to friends, school colleagues or only friends of friends, it will minimize vulnerability if your friends are somewhat trustworthy.

2. WORKPLACE:

Why on earth would you want to share your work information if you love privacy and fear Kidnappers. It's scary but they have been cases of people being kidnapped for letting their jobs life go public without proper caution. If it's not a Facebook Page don't share, except you're a public figure.
Next time you think of sharing your workplace, think again.

3. HOME ADDRESS:

No one would love surprise visits from unknown or untold guests, especially if you stay with your parents or otherwise.
I hate surprise visits and so would some of y'all, except sanguine ! To halt such visits, make sure you never share your home address(es) on Facebook except otherwise.
Who knows whether poachers are looking for who to visit!!! Don't be a victim.

4. RELATIONSHIP STATUS OR INTEREST :

If you're married or single, it should stay private, except you don't want poachers trying to sway you to their tune - try keeping it private.
If you are interested in Women or Men it should stay private, except you wanna get hooked up or do something like that.

5. YOUR BIRTHDAY

I actually mean the date like 1989... 1993... everyone loves good birthday wishes. If you don't like amebor analysts crawling your profile for your age information, make it private or restricted to your circle of friends, classmates and families who you trust.
on point.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by misspetit(f): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2016
kogistar:
u are using female monika to attract ur customers abi? mtwwwwew

Lolz
Am a lady working for IREPAIRS grin
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Emeka71(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2016
I have seen this on homepage so many times.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by klassykute(m): 7:16am On Sep 21, 2016
beautiful232:
never share a guy pictures on you fb wall
cause even if his just a friend

monitoring spirit of fb would carry the fake news around
ur talkin from experience abi
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 21, 2016
I once put the "in a relationship with" for my ex, and have since learned the hard way after the devastating breakup, having to undo the relationship status and deal with questions from fb friends was even worse than the breakup itself, so since then I have restricted the information I share on fbk, who knows I might not even share my wedding pictures on fbk when I get married grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by oluwaniyi66(m): 7:17am On Sep 21, 2016
3mmyz:
It's quite brief and very alerting to those of us that are very open to social media and aren't concerned or disturbed by what we share regularly.

I'm quite of an open person, but very streaked when it comes to guarding my space. I detest it when people rudely intrude my privacy without giving it a second thought, people should be given spaces and also create spaces for themselves to prevent outlookers (pokers). most of these are made public by Mark Zuckerberg . What's your justification?

I once shared a photo on this blog about Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg covering his cam and microphone jack with a tape!!! <Click to see >>http://gklited..co.id/2016/06/photo-of-facebook-mark-zuckerberg.html?m=1> that's should give you brain tickle on why you ought to guard your Info on Facebook by sharing non private data online.

If it's your mobile phone number, i see no reasons on why you should share your contacts on Facebook with the public.
Prank callers, stalkers, identity fakers, email spammers and contacts seekers could seek to exploit you with such advantage by doing all sorts of things to ridicule your social and personal circle.
If you love talking/mailing to friends on Facebook, try restricting your contact info to friends, school colleagues or only friends of friends, it will minimize vulnerability if your friends are somewhat trustworthy.

2. WORKPLACE:

Why on earth would you want to share your work information if you love privacy and fear Kidnappers. It's scary but they have been cases of people being kidnapped for letting their jobs life go public without proper caution. If it's not a Facebook Page don't share, except you're a public figure.

3. HOME ADDRESS:

No one would love surprise visits from unknown or untold guests, especially if you stay with your parents or otherwise.
I hate surprise visits and so would some of y'all, except sanguine ! To halt such visits, make sure you never share your home address(es) on Facebook except otherwise.

If you're married or single, it should stay private, except you don't want poachers trying to sway you to their tune - try keeping it private.
If you are interested in Women or Men it should stay private, except you wanna get hooked up or do something like that.

5. YOUR BIRTHDAY

I actually mean the date like 1989... 1993... everyone loves good birthday wishes. If you don't like amebor analysts crawling your profile for your age information, make it private or restricted to your circle of friends, classmates and families who you trust.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by segbas(m): 7:21am On Sep 21, 2016
I totally dis agree withyour second point, now adays most employers are conducting background check through social media, they want to really know where you work and have worked as stated on your CV and the kind of things you do on media platform etc....

3mmyz:

I'm quite of an open person, but very streaked when it comes to guarding my space. I detest it when people rudely intrude my privacy without giving it a second thought, people should be given spaces and also create spaces for themselves to prevent outlookers (pokers).

2. WORKPLACE:

3. HOME ADDRESS:

5. YOUR BIRTHDAY

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Ealiserwest(m): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2016
misspetit:

Ikeja

How much will you fix Tecno L6 charging port? ??
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by optional1(f): 7:24am On Sep 21, 2016
beautiful232:
never share a guy pictures on you fb wall
cause even if his just a friend

monitoring spirit of fb would carry the fake news around

Yea, you right i did this and b4 i knew wat was happening my mom called and was asking who d guy was and if i av interest wit him i should back off or else....

So many monitoring spirit on fb oooo.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Queeneen(f): 7:29am On Sep 21, 2016
tell them......
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Lexzytee(m): 7:31am On Sep 21, 2016
Gosh I jxt pogba my time in reading dis. Mtchew

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by tunary(m): 7:32am On Sep 21, 2016
Suxes:

Who ask you?
lol
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 21, 2016
People with bad mindset. I don't leave my life to please others op. if you don't shere your details that's your own type of life you chooses to leave. it didn't change anything op.

But how this one come change the price of garri?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by 3mmyz(m): 7:43am On Sep 21, 2016
annnikky:
Wat if d prsn put 03/10/1900 is it also wrong op ?

mmmm... its right for security purpose and a lie also ! as long as there's no clue...just hide the birthdate (making it private)
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by 3mmyz(m): 7:45am On Sep 21, 2016
Brighte:
People with bad mindset. I don't leave my life to please others op. if you don't shere your details that's your own type of life you chooses to leave. it didn't change anything op.

But how this one come change the price of garri?

it's about people out there trying to stalk or poach us! it's not a bad thing to get guided

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by annnikky(f): 7:50am On Sep 21, 2016
3mmyz:

mmmm... its right for security purpose and a lie also ! as long as there's no clue...just hide the birthdate (making it private)
Hmmmm.. Ok tnx
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by 3mmyz(m): 7:50am On Sep 21, 2016
segbas:
I totally dis agree withyour second point, now adays most employers are conducting background check through social media, they want to really know where you work and have worked as stated on your CV and the kind of things you do on media platform etc....

its true though... but LinkedIn could a good source for that also... I wrote about the negativeness of sharing your workplace to public.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by sherif4owo(m): 7:54am On Sep 21, 2016
If op is right.. Then you don't need a Facebook page because that's probably what Facebook was built for.

And if op is right, you don't need a profile pic on your fb.. So just don't Facebook
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by buoye1(m): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2016
I agree with all but i have my phone number on my facebook
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by 3mmyz(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2016
moscobabs:
always switch off your GPRS while posting

Please explain further
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 21, 2016
sherif4owo:
If op is right.. Then you don't need a Facebook page because that's probably what Facebook was built for.

And if op is right, you don't need a profile pic on your fb.. So just don't Facebook
abi o

Why should I hide my marital status when over 200 people come chop rice for my wedding?
Sha stop adding people you do not know and you won't need to be so cautious

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by 3mmyz(m): 8:02am On Sep 21, 2016
sherif4owo:

Everything has an disadvantage and advantage... using FB comes with both.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2016
Suxes:

Who ask you?

Who ask you too bros?

Mind your business.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Ebubemg(m): 8:09am On Sep 21, 2016
I'm giving you a free ride on the Uber app (up to NGN3,000). To accept, use code 'ebubem10ue' to sign up. Enjoy! Details: https://www.uber.com/invite/ebubem10ue
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by misspetit(f): 8:13am On Sep 21, 2016
Ealiserwest:

How much will you fix Tecno L6 charging port? ??

5500#

Pls reach out to our engineer on 08130088324
To assist you better
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) / Nigerians Bad Mouth Injoo Phones On Their Facebook Page ( Pictures) / Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.