Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook (32580 Views)

9 Things You Should Never Share On Social Media, No 5 Will Shock You / 5 Things You Shouldn't Do With Your Android Device / Why You Shouldn't Use Your Phone In A Toilet Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by wonderfulchild: 8:15am On Sep 21, 2016
As for age, many people don't state their real ages. My friend claimed 60 years, as at the time she registered. lol. Don't even be tempted to believe that most information you read there are true
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 21, 2016
this one don pass bokoharam
Neimar:
my profile pix on Fb...yu go fear
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Ealiserwest(m): 8:36am On Sep 21, 2016
misspetit:

5500#

Pls reach out to our engineer on 08130088324
To assist you better
Thank you

sad sad

#5500 ??
shocked shocked

For charging port oo

That price doesn't look friendly
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by misspetit(f): 8:40am On Sep 21, 2016
Ealiserwest:

sad sad

#5500 ??
shocked shocked

For charging port oo

That price doesn't look friendly

Lolz
How much do u wanna fix it
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Ealiserwest(m): 8:42am On Sep 21, 2016
misspetit:

Lolz
How much do u wanna fix it

grin grin.. When i load call card will call the engineer. .
Thanks
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by misspetit(f): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2016
Ealiserwest:

grin grin.. When i load call card will call the engineer. .
Thanks

That's fine

Thank you

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by bolabolabo: 8:48am On Sep 21, 2016
moscobabs:
always switch off your GPRS while posting

How will it post without GPRS

I believe u meant GPS

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Ealiserwest(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2016
misspetit:

That's fine

Thank you

Uwc.. U look so... ... wink
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by naijaboiy: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2016
Better still....don't post anything on Facebook at all. undecided
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2016
jazinogold:
Don't Share your girlfriend pic or details, one comment by her real Boi friend will make you realise you are an assistant boi friend

Lol. I've heard stories like that. A side boo wrote this extraordinary love message and tagged his bae on facebook. And oh, there was a nice pic of both of them. Girl went crazy asking him to take it down... But main boo had already seen it. That was how they all broke up with her. grin grin
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 21, 2016
naijaboiy:
Better still....don't post anything on Facebook at all. undecided

Lol. Extremist!
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by jazinogold(m): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol. I've heard stories like that. A side boo wrote this extraordinary love message and tagged his bae on facebook. And oh, there was a nice pic of both of them. Girl went crazy asking him to take it down... But main boo had already seen it. That was how they all broke up with her. grin grin
ehya...what of your picture that your ex tagged you in?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by naijaboiy: 9:41am On Sep 21, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol. Extremist!
Lool! Well that's what I could infer from the whole post.

How can you possibly be on social media without at least 5% of your private life out for others to see? It's not possible.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by John902(m): 10:08am On Sep 21, 2016
pharmadoctor:
girls first be like
single
then, in a relazionzip
complicated
open relazunzip
complicated
single again
relazunzip
single again secondly
complicated
singles
engaged
then single
then open relationship
engaged
and Finally married
Before they finally realise that Facebook gangan is the cause of their ever changing relationship status.#fact
I had a girlfriend, her relationship status were,2013 in a relationship, 2014 in a relationship, then 2015 in an open relationship. we met 2014November on Facebook and i wooed her,we met in person in 2015 march when we got admitted to the same school here in Ibadan but then I never knew a woman and I was obsessed that my partner had been into this long time ago. she don't bother of even deleting the write up and all the likes and she doesn't know in my own leisure time,those are the things I searched for and my love for her is declining every single time I read those things.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by kogistar: 1:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
misspetit:

Lolz
Am a lady working for IREPAIRS grin
picture of urself reparing phones, or i don't biliv it
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2016
The nature of my profession cant allow me not to share mobile numbers
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by oaroloye(m): 2:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
3mmyz:
It's quite brief and very alerting to those of us that are very open to social media and aren't concerned or disturbed by what we share regularly.

I'm quite of an open person, but very streaked when it comes to guarding my space. I detest it when people rudely intrude my privacy without giving it a second thought, people should be given spaces and also create spaces for themselves to prevent outlookers (pokers).

I once shared a photo on this blog about Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg covering his cam and microphone jack with a tape!!! <Click to see >>http://gklited..co.id/2016/06/photo-of-facebook-mark-zuckerberg.html?m=1> that's should give you brain tickle on why you ought to guard your Info on Facebook by sharing non private data online.

SHALOM!

I had to read your article several times, before I realized what you were talking about.

He taped over the camera and microphone ON HIS LAPTOP.

I still cannot see it. Is that white rectangle tape over the camera?

Actually, I did the same thing myself, then said, "What the Hell?" and stripped it off. I don't care if somebody wants a look at my ugly mug, while I'm online.

I always browse with my clothes on.

MARK ZUCKERBURG does have valid cause to fear for his life- so he dare not be careless with information as to his location. There could be hundreds of Hackers tapped into his laptop any time he goes online- just because they can do that.

Whereas, any one of them could be part of a gang that aims to "OCEAN 419" kidnap his jive White ass, and hold him to ransom for $500 million.

There are a lot of desperate people who would want a piece of that action.

The 5 Do nots For Facebook :

It is so cute that you think that these things are significant.

1. PHONE NUMBER OR E-mail:

If it's your mobile phone number, i see no reasons on why you should share your contacts on Facebook with the public.

It's MY number, and I can do whatever I want with it, thank you.

Prank callers, stalkers, identity fakers, email spammers and contacts seekers could seek to exploit you with such advantage by doing all sorts of things to ridicule your social and personal circle.

If you love talking/mailing to friends on Facebook, try restricting your contact info to friends, school colleagues or only friends of friends, it will minimize vulnerability if your friends are somewhat trustworthy.

13-year olds please take note!

Those who were born yesterday, take note, so that when you are old enough to go online, you now know what not to do!

2. WORKPLACE:

Why on earth would you want to share your work information if you love privacy and fear Kidnappers. It's scary but they have been cases of people being kidnapped for letting their jobs life go public without proper caution. If it's not a Facebook Page don't share, except you're a public figure.
Next time you think of sharing your workplace, think again.

Can you name any of those people who were kidnapped for letting their work information go public?

Why do you feel you have to propagate paranoia?

How many people will actually be in danger from people knowing where they work?

Nobody criminal cares about where most people work.

3. HOME ADDRESS:

No one would love surprise visits from unknown or untold guests, especially if you stay with your parents or otherwise.
I hate surprise visits and so would some of y'all, except sanguine ! To halt such visits, make sure you never share your home address(es) on Facebook except otherwise.
Who knows whether poachers are looking for who to visit!!! Don't be a victim.

Again, unless you are a member of a Ninja Cult, or you Selfied yourself next to a Methamphetamine Cooker, you should have no reason to withhold your Home Address. Everybody on your street can see your house. They know who lives there. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT.

THE PENNY DROPS: You are one of those people who LIES about your home address on your SIM Registration- aren't you?

Unless you are a CRIMINAL, nobody needs this in formation.

4. RELATIONSHIP STATUS OR INTEREST :

If you're married or single, it should stay private, except you don't want poachers trying to sway you to their tune - try keeping it private.
If you are interested in Women or Men it should stay private, except you wanna get hooked up or do something like that.

Who the HELL do you think you are TALKING to- Preteens?

Who are you to tell people what they want or don't want?

5. YOUR BIRTHDAY

I actually mean the date like 1989... 1993... everyone loves good birthday wishes. If you don't like amebor analysts crawling your profile for your age information, make it private or restricted to your circle of friends, classmates and families who you trust.

Why would you hide your date-of-birth- unless you want to lie about your age.

Why would an honest person want to do that?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Akinaukwa: 2:58pm On Sep 21, 2016
Why will i even share my residential address on fb, abi na public place? But that relationship status, if Bukola finds out i filled single instead of engaged she fit cut my head oh, she go ask me question tire. Most importantly, i hate the attitude of some fb users especially ladies posting pics of their new attires, pose, shoes, necklace etc every minute. Kilode?
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 21, 2016
naijaboiy:

Lool! Well that's what I could infer from the whole post.

How can you possibly be on social media without at least 5% of your private life out for others to see? It's not possible.

Sure, it isn't.
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
jazinogold:
ehya...what of your picture that your ex tagged you in?

No such thing has ever happened to me...
Re: 5 Things You Shouldn't Share On Facebook by 3mmyz(m): 9:41am On Sep 22, 2016
oaroloye:

SHALOM!

I had to read your article several times, before I realized what you were talking about.

He taped over the camera and microphone ON HIS LAPTOP.

I still cannot see it. Is that white rectangle tape over the camera?

Actually, I did the same thing myself, then said, "What the Hell?" and stripped it off. I don't care if somebody wants a look at my ugly mug, while I'm online.

I always browse with my clothes on.

MARK ZUCKERBURG does have valid cause to fear for his life- so he dare not be careless with information as to his location. There could be hundreds of Hackers tapped into his laptop any time he goes online- just because they can do that.

Whereas, any one of them could be part of a gang that aims to "OCEAN 419" kidnap his jive White ass, and hold him to ransom for $500 million.

There are a lot of desperate people who would want a piece of that action.

It is so cute that you think that these things are significant.

It's MY number, and I can do whatever I want with it, thank you.

13-year olds please take note!

Those who were born yesterday, take note, so that when you are old enough to go online, you now know what not to do!

Can you name any of those people who were kidnapped for letting their work information go public?

Why do you feel you have to propagate paranoia?

How many people will actually be in danger from people knowing where they work?

Nobody criminal cares about where most people work.

Again, unless you are a member of a Ninja Cult, or you Selfied yourself next to a Methamphetamine Cooker, you should have no reason to withhold your Home Address. Everybody on your street can see your house. They know who lives there. NOBODY GIVES A SHIT.

THE PENNY DROPS: You are one of those people who LIES about your home address on your SIM Registration- aren't you?

Unless you are a CRIMINAL, nobody needs this in formation.

Who the HELL do you think you are TALKING to- Preteens?

Who are you to tell people what they want or don't want?

Why would you hide your date-of-birth- unless you want to lie about your age.

Why would an honest person want to do that?

What a long one! so to you there's no disadvantage when using Facebook... Try googling that thread header and know better

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Rise And Fall Of Some Of The Biggest Smartphone Giants In The World (PHOTOS) / Nigerians Bad Mouth Injoo Phones On Their Facebook Page ( Pictures) / Introducing The New HTC 10: Beautiful Smartphone With World-class Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.