Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,549 members, 7,847,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:35 PM

Gov. Obiano Suspends Various Forms Of Taxes And Levies In Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Obiano Suspends Various Forms Of Taxes And Levies In Anambra State (627 Views)

Wike Sacks CTC Chairmen Over Illegal sticker Levies, Radio Licences etc....Photo / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Approved List Of Schedule Taxes And Levies In Nigeria - Federal,state&local Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Obiano Suspends Various Forms Of Taxes And Levies In Anambra State by ANSOM: 2:52am On Sep 23, 2016
Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State has abolished some levies and taxes in the state as a way of cushioning effects of the current economic recession in the country.

Some of the levies suspended include hawkers permit, wheelbarrow tax, sale of consolidated emblems and unapproved levies in primary and secondary schools.

Obiano, who addressed the state in special broadcast, said abolishment of the levies and taxes was to cushion the effect of the economic downturn on the people.

“Following the formal announcement by the Federal Government that the nation’s economy has gone into a recession, I consider it my duty as your governor to distill the message of the economic situation of the country down to the grassroots.

“Following this development too, I am happy to announce to you that I have come up with a stimulus package that will ease the pain of the recession and help our dear state bounce back to prosperity.

“I wish to assure you that after a careful study of the situation, I am more convinced now than ever before that with our fundamentals, our infinite capacity to come back from deficits and our implicit faith in God, our story should be different in Anambra State.

“Consequently, our intervention comes in four key areas: Tax Relief Programme, Special Intervention Programmes for Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and Large Enterprises, Social Intervention Programme for Low Income Households and finally; Intervention in Infrastructure-for-Jobs,” Obiano said.

He added that his Tax Relief Programme was meant to evaluate existing taxes, levies and fees in the state and introduce some waivers and, in some cases, scrap the collection of some illegal levies imposed on the people, adding that they would go a long way to cushioning the impact of the recession on households in the state.

He said: “I hereby suspend the sale of consolidated emblems in Anambra State. I suspend the collection of hawkers permit on all streets in the state. I suspend the collection of wheelbarrow tax in all markets in the state.
“Lastly, I abolish the imposition of unapproved levies on students in public primary and secondary schools in the state. All these pronouncements shall take immediate effect.

“My role as your Governor is to envisage challenges and provide solutions that will ensure a speedy comeback from difficult situations that require the power and might of a state government.”

Obiano assured the people that his agricultural policy and other intervention measures would sustain hope and life for his people in the prevailing hardship and urged them to support the government to continue to develop that state.

SOURCE:https://web.facebook.com/AnambraOnline/posts/1076938279051106

Re: Gov. Obiano Suspends Various Forms Of Taxes And Levies In Anambra State by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
Wow! shocked Why didn't i see this? This is coming just when his counterpart in Imo is imposing N3,000 levies on the people of Imo.

Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44
Re: Gov. Obiano Suspends Various Forms Of Taxes And Levies In Anambra State by Vicadonis(m): 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
This guy got the people at heart unlike the other selfish governors

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Obiano Suspends Various Forms Of Taxes And Levies In Anambra State by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2016
Vicadonis:
This guy got the people at heart unlike the other selfish governors

I'm telling you
Re: Gov. Obiano Suspends Various Forms Of Taxes And Levies In Anambra State by Kingsley1000(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2016
don't be deceived ....by constitution ,those partisan traders don't suppose to be paying any tax,its govt obligation to support them,give them condusive environment .....obiano is a failure,no single road project ...always deceiving ndi anambra
Re: Gov. Obiano Suspends Various Forms Of Taxes And Levies In Anambra State by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
Kingsley1000:
don't be deceived ....by constitution ,those partisan traders don't suppose to be paying any tax,its govt obligation to support them,give them condusive environment .....obiano is a failure,no single road project ...always deceiving ndi anambra

Oga, is it you or the chief of your village that is currently rehabilitating the Umunya Axis of the Awka - Onitsha Expressway?

Say the truth and the truth shall set you free!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa / President Buhari Meets With Nigerian Professionals In The USA / Live Broadcast: #akwaibomat29 Special Thanksgiving Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.