Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa (617 Views)

The Goodluck Ebele Jonathan Bypass, Calabar: How Nigeria Is Strangling Her Own / Business Card With The Title "Governor's Friend" Surfaces Online (Photos) / How Nigeria Swapped 21 Chibok Girls For 4 Boko Haram Commanders - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa by Emycord: 3:22am On Sep 24, 2016
Pls at what convention was nigeria named or emerged as giant of africa or what activity did nigeria perform that makes it take the title giant of africa. Any ideas
Re: How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa by FunkyMetahuman: 4:27am On Sep 24, 2016
First TV station in Africa

First tallest building in Africa

Once the highest oil producer in the world and currently the biggest in Africa.

Nigeria army ... especially the Nigeria peace keepers. Their actions in Liberia,Sudan and other African countries.

Nollywood, still biggest in africa

Nigeria music industry nko?

Technology. More than two satellites in space and still counting.

Plus the main thing which is the population.

Some of them are Past glories though, but nigeria still a country to beat in Africa. I have not seen that African country that can stand Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa by Flexherbal(m): 4:48am On Sep 24, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

Nigeria army ... especially the Nigeria peace keepers. Their actions in Liberia,Sudan and other African countries.

Some of them are Past glories though but still a country to beat in Africa. I have not seen that African country that can stand Nigeria.

Ok!
Re: How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa by oglalasioux(m): 5:19am On Sep 24, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:

Some of them are Past glories though but still a country to beat in Africa. I have not seen that African country that can stand Nigeria.

Very right.
Re: How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa by stigmond(m): 5:29am On Sep 24, 2016
Nc one... Buhari got a question for you.

Re: How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa by juman(m): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2016
Maybe because nigeria as the most populous country in africa.

But today's reality shows nigeria is not the giant of africa.
And there is no hope soon.
This is a country with very useless "leaders".
Re: How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa by MPSA(m): 8:11am On Sep 24, 2016
As South African, I used to ask nairalanders why nigeria called itself Giant of Africa, but after I became nairaland member, I got the right answer. majority said their leaders used to scam them from the young age by the word ''Giant of Africa'' grin , now they are old, and started to realize that; They have been scammed for so many years grin
Re: How Nigeria Got The Title: Giant Of Africa by FunkyMetahuman: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2016
MPSA:
As South African, I used to ask nairalanders why nigeria called itself Giant of Africa, but after I became nairaland member, I got the right answer. majority said their leaders used to scam them from the young age by the word ''Giant of Africa'' grin , now they are old, and started to realize that; They have been scammed for so many years grin
too much pain in one post cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Buhari,Dangote,Fayemi At 44th Meeting Of Manufacturers Association Of 9ja(pics) / Pastor Ize-iyamu, Sir, Did God Ask You To Contest? / Fmr Dep Speaker Nwuche Received N1b For Tambuwal To Help Pad Amnesty Budget - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.