Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Welcome To Aba - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Aba (38512 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / My Trip To Aba / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 3:26pm On Jul 02, 2011
bashr4:

state or city? umuahia the capital of abia is among the neatest and most peaceful cities in nigeria with very good roads. aba is the opposite of umuahia grin grin grin grin

sorry aba is a city, abia is a state, my bad wink

hmm i just hope the governor is doing something about it

i mean witht he level of complains about aba undecided
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 3:29pm On Jul 02, 2011
Re: Welcome To Aba by bashr4: 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2011
Re: Welcome To Aba by aljharem3: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2011
bashr4:

alahji you have started again angry angry angry angry those are old pictures angry angry

no no i know they are old and i did not mean to stirre up anything

i just added to the pictures posted by the op
Re: Welcome To Aba by Calculia: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2011
I AM NOT SURPRISE OF THE DILAPIDATED LEVEL OF INFRASTRUCTURE IN ABA. THE CITY WAS THE SETTING OF A BITTER FIGHT BETWEEN BIAFRA AND NIGERIA. I AM HOWEVER AMAZED BY THE WAY IN WHICH THE PEOPLE OF ABA HAVE COPED AND THRIVED WITH 50 YEARS OF FEDERAL GOV NOT INVESTING OR ALLOCATING ANY APPROPRIATE REVENUE FOR INFRASTRUCTURE ON THE SAME LEVEL WITH CITIES LIKE LAGOS. IGBOLAND IS THE EMERGING GIANT OF AFRICA, U CAN QUOTE ME ON THIS IN THE FUTURE.  cool
Re: Welcome To Aba by Afam4eva(m): 4:19pm On Jul 02, 2011
How come I did not see all this when I visited Aba.
Re: Welcome To Aba by bashr4: 4:28pm On Jul 02, 2011
afam4eva:

How come I did not see all this when I visited Aba.

can post pictures next time you visit.
Re: Welcome To Aba by Afam4eva(m): 4:32pm On Jul 02, 2011
I even asked my guide to show me the dirty places in Aba that I've been hearing about.Aba is just like every other Nigerian city.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2011
City of Onitsha, Anambra
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2011
Here
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2011
bashr4:

state or city? umuahia the capital of abia is among the neatest and most peaceful cities in nigeria with very good roads. aba is the opposite of umuahia grin grin grin grin

Umuahia?? On express axis toward umuahia there to show that its a state capital. I think it is more like a mere glorified local council or provincial district. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To Aba by seanet02: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2011
Welcome to Aba

Re: Welcome To Aba by seanet02: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2011
Aba the best city to live for weeds

Re: Welcome To Aba by seanet02: 8:03pm On Jul 02, 2011
[url]http://www.republicreport.com/okija-2011-%E2%80%9Cex-governor%E2%80%99s-mistress-mysteriously-dies-in-us-mansion%E2%80%9D%E2%80%94report/[/url]

Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2011
^^^^^Shut up. Its yorobah caves called states of wild wild west. From oyo to ogon to akure to oson its the same story of of dirtiness, filth and under-development
Re: Welcome To Aba by seanet02: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2011
chino11:

^^^^^Shut up. Its yorobah caves called states of wild wild west. From oyo to ogon to akure to oson its the same story of of dirtiness, filth and under-development
Haba my best friend, we are all one and we are only highlighting the areas our leaders need to do something on , at least it was because of one Nigeria that Ironsi introduced unitary system!! My friend i greet you Eze Chino
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2011
If you are really my friend in one Nigeria, then do a balanced reportage
Re: Welcome To Aba by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2011
chino11:

If you are really my friend in one Nigeria, then do a balanced reportage
dont mind that guy! who dont know what he is for!
Re: Welcome To Aba by FACE(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2011
chino11:

Umuahia?? On express axis toward umuahia there to show that its a state capital. I think it is more like a mere glorified local council or provincial district. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't know what you are talking about Umuahia. The Umuahia on the express is the out skirts and it is better planned and bigger than Awka and you can confirm the population from 2006 census figures. You talk very carelessly and I wonder if you have actually been outside your cocoon.

Onlytruth:

From the google shots, it shows that the city is WELL PLANNED. All it needs now is fixing the roads and the buildings, it'll just transform into a beautiful city. Abia state can do this. Just throw Orji and his team out next year.

The truth is that Mbakwe did a very good job with Umuahia,Owerri and Aba. Those three cities are well planned with straight and wide roads. Our buildings are mostly in line and you don't find houses facing east,west, north and south on the same street.There is extensive underground drainage system in Owerri and something of lesser scale in Umuahia. Next to Abuja, there is no other place in Nigeria as orderly and well planned as Owerri.(maybe we should all start posting pictures of our cities) We don't do flooding in those two cities and we don't do narrow and winding roads either.

De Sam was on Aba's case before the military struck. What Aba needs is a facelift (road repairs and declogging of the drainage). The outline is already in place and it's a shame that our silly governor does not realise that Aba is Abia's cash cow.
Re: Welcome To Aba by redsun(m): 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
Fashola is a model in as much as he has his faults,he is d kind of peep demoralized nations like naija needs
Re: Welcome To Aba by redsun(m): 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2011
Community building is about sacrifice and vision
Re: Welcome To Aba by mensdept: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2011
Aba is going to just be fine. Afterall, they have Theo Orji as their governor, and who knows, PDP may make him the Igbo candidate in 2015.
And if for some reason he still cant perform since being selected as governor way back in 2007, then surely the all PDP returnees in state assembly will turn Aba into Africa's first class city.

If that doesnt work, we got the entire PDP legislators in Abuja that all "won" their re-election, and they already promised international airport and dry ports from 2003 till now!!!
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2011
Aba is the opposite of Umuahia, but that is because Umuahia is the state capital.
Re: Welcome To Aba by EzeUche(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2011
Sam Mbakwe was another Igbo politician who cared deeply about his people.

Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 7:14pm On Jul 03, 2011
EzeUche:

Aba is the opposite of Umuahia, but that is because Umuahia is the state capital.

It's because Umuahia is not as industrialised and Aba is with more people. Umuahia has always been a quiet clean market town, well until recently.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2011
FACE:

You don't know what you are talking about Umuahia. The Umuahia on the express is the out skirts and it is better planned and bigger than Awka and you can confirm the population from 2006 census figures. You talk very carelessly and I wonder if you have actually been outside your cocoon.

You arguement is baseless and devoid of any facts. Why in the world will you compare Awka to a small Umuahia. However nothing could have taken me to umuahia few months back except for a traditional marriage of a friend. On approaching Umuahia one hardly know its a state capital. I can tell you that umuahia is more like an improved local government council. You mentioned population, apart from state civil servants in Umuahia nothing more is happening in the town. Awka is more balance, organized, planned and bigger 3x the size of the umuahia. Awka has the much needed population from civil servant to the students population that add to bolstering social life to it. If have been to Awka recently you won't have the moral justification to post trash on this thread.

Back to the topic: I think your gov need to wake up, Aba is a major disaster in the SE and I think it calls for collective efforts of the citizenry.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 8:15pm On Jul 03, 2011
^^^^ See the 2006 census result before start frustrating yourself.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Nigeria06CensusFigs.html

Abia state is the least in population in the southeast.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2011
chino11:

You arguement is baseless and devoid of any facts. Why in the world will you compare Awka to a small Umuahia.  However nothing could have taken me to umuahia few months back except for a traditional marriage of a friend. On approaching Umuahia one hardly know its a state capital. I can tell you that umuahia is more like an improved local government council. You mentioned population, apart from state civil servants in Umuahia nothing more is happening in the town. Awka is more balance, organized, planned and bigger 3x the size of the umuahia. Awka has the much needed population from civil servant to the students population that add to bolstering social life to it. If have been to Awka recently you won't have the moral justification to post trash on this thread.

I don't really see, in terms of infrastructure, what Oka has over Umuahia. Umuahia has always been known as one of the cleanest and most peaceful towns in Nigeria, until the recent problems in Abia. The Umuahia you're even talking about is on the outskirts which is surrounded by several villages. Even the villages are becoming more advanced with gsm masts and better improved roads. Have you visited Library Avenue or the world bank? Have you seen the new housing and recent developments there? Oka may be bigger than Umuahia in terms of land size and population, but it is hardly bigger than it in terms of advancement.
Re: Welcome To Aba by ezeagu(m): 8:25pm On Jul 03, 2011
chino11:

^^^^ See the 2006 census result before start frustrating yourself.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Nigeria06CensusFigs.html

Abia state is the least in population in the southeast.

The census says Ebonyi is the least. The census also says there are 500,000 people in Onicha so you should really ask yourself how seriously you want to take this information.
Re: Welcome To Aba by kasiem(m): 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2011
Bia ezeagu, if this a joke better stop. How can u in ur wildest dream compare any part of abia state to anambra? This like comparing ghana to usa.
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 8:35pm On Jul 03, 2011
Am wondering advancement and Umuahia  grin grin grin grin grin,  My brother lets look at this with elders view. I was in that town few months back so I know what am talking about. Do you want us to mention roads and post pictures. The estates in Awka with good infrastructure is un-countable. From Abuja estate (where you have Orient Petroleum HQtrs) to Udoka estate to Liberation estate to Amansea estates to Iyi-agu estates (where you have Silverbird TV & Radio communications).
Re: Welcome To Aba by chino11(m): 8:38pm On Jul 03, 2011
Kasie, biko tell them. Anambra is = US and Abia= Ghana

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lady Refuses To Alight And Apologize After Bashing A Man's Car At Lagos Island / Traditional Wedding Guests In Accident In Abia, Many Feared Dead (Graphic) / Helicopter Crashes Into Lagos Lagoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.