Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? (20543 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / What Kind Of Gifts Should I Get For People Back Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Uche2nna(m): 9:33pm On Oct 15, 2009
snokky:

wot is bad in you receiving $5k at the end of the month and sending 3k from it to

family and friends back home while u make do with the remaining 2k ehn, ?

LMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by redsky1: 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
Uche2nna:

Maybe the laptop would help make it less hard  grin

But then again, the simple thing to do is to tell him that U dont have the money to get him a laptop . Works for me all the time. Matter of fact, they will quit bugging U after sometime.

of course i said i don't have money - have i bought myself a new netbook yet - i will enjoy my hard earned money - after that my siblings get pocket money from me - or shopping trips after that its for worthwhile charitable organisations - i would rather donate my time for the homeless or poor widows in naija then parasites.

how can someone see what i have and say they want the same - do u know how i got it. remember our fingers are not all the same length
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by bluespice(f): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
*Hauwa*:

yes o they have choice grin i used to hear a beggar got no choice. i sent two nice bags thru a coursemate going home for summer break to family members. they wrote to say next time i should send or bring the bigger size handbags like the one she was holding in her pix shocked grin i was like ummmm, na wah o.
*death* grin grin grin
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by platinumnk(f): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2009
redsky1:

of course i said i don't have money - have i bought myself a new netbook yet - i will enjoy my hard earned money - after that my siblings get pocket money from me - or shopping trips after that its for worthwhile charitable organisations - i would rather donate my time for the homeless or poor widows in naija then parasites.

how can someone see what i have and say they want the same - do u know how i got it. remember our fingers are not all the same length

Agreed, the needy always come first not the greedy!
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Sauron1: 9:42pm On Oct 15, 2009
platinumnk:

Agreed, the needy always come first not the greedy!

Make una take am easy with una friends and relatives.
Na condition make crayfish bend. grin
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by danexd(m): 9:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
In the spirit of brotherhood and one 9ijeria, Sis I need Laptop with I TB Hard and an iPhone the version 3 type, do it quick o be4 i go veeeeexxxxxxxxxxx cheesy grin grin grin grin
LWKMD
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by IgboGirl(f): 10:11pm On Oct 15, 2009
Nna biko tell that to Meldrick. He was frowning at that and even looking down on it when i mentioned doing cab job or doing dishes in America is better than doing same in Nigeria cos it opens up doors of opportunities. Your dad is a classic example, more grease to his elbow.

platinumnk:

It is very iritatting! It took my father years to build our home in the east.

Everytime, people will double the funds and steal money!
And when the house was finished, our relatives were killing each other to live in the house like they owned it!!
Even driving our cars WE sent home, and Breaking our very very expensive Generator, they know they cant afford to fix!!
Gosh ! Drive me mad!
I remeber when I came home and bought a phone and put naira on my fone, quick as ever my cousin tried to "mtn transfer" 400 naira to her phone without my knowledge.
They think that you live abroad they can leach off you!

I have this guy who keeps emailing me, saying he needs this and that. . .and that God will bless me for helping him, since he has become a pastor. If you knew the circumstances I met him, you will think more than 2x lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I would rather be cab driver in US than on ein 9ja.
You can always work yourself up.
Like I said before, not everyone is suffering in US, seriously.

My dad (for example) came here in the early 80's worked menial jobs in the US until he could save enough to bring mom over.
My dad worked 3 jobs putting my mom through 2 degrees, and his got his own masters.

Now during this time, my dad puts literally all my cousins through school. And still paying their fees.
I thank God that living in the US me and my four siblings didnt cause any additonal stress, because of free education, and free tution and scholarships to college.

You will be surprised to see how far hes come. . So dont think menial jobs wont get you anywhere

I remeber he told us he took the jobs that nobody wanted, cleaning sh!t in toliets, and finally was made a manager of the company that he was working for.

How many times you will see that in 9ja?

Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by platinumnk(f): 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2009
IgboGirl:

Nna biko tell that to Meldrick. He was frowning at that and even looking down on it when i mentioned doing cab job or doing dishes in America is better than doing same in Nigeria cos it opens up doors of opportunities. Your dad is a classic example, more grease to his elbow.

Amen, Im lucky to have such an example in my life smiley

Meldrick is the the type to brag about life in Nigeria when he still has to buy fuel and pay for water to be put in tanks or pay for a borehole.

Yeah from a cultural aspect, Nigeria is second to none, but basic infrastructure?hell no. Nigeria is still on the "devolping countries " list!

Generators dont sell in US unless there is a hurricane that knocks out the power
If my call drops on a call, I can call my Cell phone company and get credit back
Internet Cafes are rare because most people have fast access in their homes. . .
I can wake up anytime and switch the light on, or take a shower anytime I want
I can drive when I want, no crazy hold ups from corrupt police

comeon! Keep it real.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by redsky1: 10:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
keep what real - u dont believe that we never have blackouts here.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Janeesa: 11:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
Look at how stupid most of u sound, HOW THE HELL CAN U COMPARE THE U.S THAT IS OVER 300 YRS OLD TO A COUNTRY THAT IS A MERE 49 YEARS OLD? thats not fair at all.

Nigeria is OBVIOUSLY a developing country, so all of u who say thank God my parents came here because if we were back there n blah blah shut the hell up and stop comparing, fools
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by redsky1: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2009
if you disagree with people say it but there is no need for name calling and insults - it really does show limited intelligence and debating skills
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Janeesa: 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2009
Look at how stupid most of u sound, HOW THE HELL CAN U COMPARE THE U.S THAT IS OVER 300 YRS OLD TO A COUNTRY THAT IS A MERE 49 YEARS OLD? thats not fair at all.

Nigeria is OBVIOUSLY a developing country, so all of u who say thank God my parents came here because if we were back there n blah blah shut the hell up and stop comparing, fools and everyone should stop trying to act like if u are in AMERICA that u have no problems and life is just smooth, if anything u might have more problems here then when u left. People talk real stupid they act as if nothing bad can happen in America, how naive and ignorant,
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by spoilt(f): 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2009
Because people here travel back to naija with ten suitcases to show off. They never reveal the true hardship here.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Demainman1: 11:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
Janeesa:

Nigeria is OBVIOUSLY a developing country, so all of u who say thank God my parents came here because if we were back there n blah blah shut the hell up and stop comparing, fools

I think u are very stupid for saying we should not compare. Do you realise that everything required to make a country great is already discovered. All Nigeria needs to do is buy those things with our money if those sick rulers of your wants to. A lot of country is doing it. of course, they don't care. Let me ask u a question. How old is saudi arabia as we know it today? how old is dubai, Malaysia, Singapore. Go to those countries and see what proper management can do.

NIGERIA DOES NOT NEED TO WAIT TO BE 300 YRS TO BE LIKE AMERICAN. SPEND NIGERIA MONEY WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE SPENT AND WE WILL BE LIKE THEM IN NO TIME>
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by redsky1: 11:56pm On Oct 15, 2009
b4 i go to bed let me ask all u people a question - if u get into trouble in any country around the world will this ur beloved naija govt come and help you.

yes thank God i am a fake british citizen at least i know that if something should happen to me anywhere they will come and help me. even drug dealers get help (remember the case of that nigerian born british drug dealer who was pregnant) how many of ur brothers are on death row in china and lybia?

so ur waiting for 300 years to develop. does it take 300 years to build a hospital - does it take 300 years to tar a road abeg stop insulting yourself
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Janeesa: 12:00am On Oct 16, 2009
you are one of those who r living good in naija and believes others r living same as u. in case u dont kno d rich is getting richer and poor getting poorer in naija. and for your info my name is Igbogirl not Nigeriangirl. I'll claim Igbo b4 i will ever claim Nigeria cos there's nothing to be proud of abt nigeria. and yes u read me right, washing dishes in America can open so many doors for u, u can save up money, go to sch, or even get promoted and no one will ever look down on u. but do same in naija and see if ppl wont laugh at u. believe it or not America has more opportunity than Nigeria and stop being in denial cos u happen to hav a good job. hav u wondered how ppl in naija without your job or money r living? they r obviously not living as good as u, they r suffering and the govt isnt doing anything abt it, in fact the govt doesnt care. i am in America to stay, i can never be kicked out cos i wasnt here illegally. so your prayer will not come to pass.
admit it Nigeria is a big shame! at 49 still hav nothing to show for it. we hav our own natural resources yet we dont see the use of the money, till today electricity is not reliable, health care is a joke, ppl die frequently from diseases they shdnt die from why? cos there's no good medical care, no medical equipments, no nothing. what exactly are u proud of abt Nigeria? a country and leaders that dont care abt their citizens.
old ppl here are catered for, they have social security benefits and medicare. America's health care may not be the best right now but we are getting there wit d help of president Obama. can u say your grandparents back home in village are getting good medical care? does the Nigerian govt even kno abt your grandparents? mentally challenged ppl here are taking good care of, the govt takes care of them and pay the care givers. can u say that abt mentally chalenged in Nigeria? we hav crazy ppl everywhere on the streets of Nigeria and in market places with no one to account for them. wat exactly has Nigeria done for her citizens? even students are not catered for.

So you think people who do service jobs  in America are looked highly upon? , they get looked down too especially the ones who are of a certain race, Cleaning dishes only gets you money for what you NEED. I dont know about this ur talk about "opening doors" like hell you get sooo many opportunities from cleaning a freaking dish. Education gives you opportunities, not cleaning dishes. I can see that you are very IGNORANT. You say that the Nigerian Gov't doesnt care about its citizens, haha and you think the U.S. gov't does? Keep decieving urself there, the government doesnt give a shit about you, me or anyone else. Do you know why? BECAUSE ITS ABOUT THAT ALMIGHTY  DOLLAR. if the gov't cared then why were millions of families displaced after hurrican Katrina? Why did it take the U.S govt so long to respond and help its OWN people? And your talkin about health care? what do you even know about what Obama is doing about health care? what do you know about how metally challenged people are being taken care of? when our tax MONEY is going to these so called "mentally challenged" people who are just using the system? Yes, the U.S. has good health care but you really cant compare it to Nigeria, a developing country of only 49 years old, if you think students in the U.S are so well taken care of you got another thing coming, you really sound like a naive American ( only ur not even American) who never bothers to ask questions and just goes along with what the gov't and the media want you to believe. POINT IS : ALL GOVERNMENTS ARE GREEDY AND WANT WHAT THEY CAN GET, NO GOV'T IS REALLY intrested in serving their people, it is money that they see and it is money that they WANT.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Janeesa: 12:02am On Oct 16, 2009
I think u are very stupid for saying we should not compare. Do you realise that everything required to make a country great is already discovered. All Nigeria needs to do is buy those things with our money if those sick rulers of your wants to. A lot of country is doing it. of course, they don't care. Let me ask u a question. How old is saudi arabia as we know it today? how old is dubai, Malaysia, Singapore. Go to those countries and see what proper management can do.

NIGERIA DOES NOT NEED TO WAIT TO BE 300 YRS TO BE LIKE AMERICAN. SPEND NIGERIA MONEY WHERE IT NEEDS TO BE SPENT AND WE WILL BE LIKE THEM IN NO TIME>

FOOL, WAS AMERICA BUILT IN ONE DAY? DID IT BECOME INDUSTRIALIZED IN ONE DAY? how can a country that is only 49 yrs old suddenly be like America, with health insurance, good quality education etc, it TAKES TIME
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Demainman1: 12:11am On Oct 16, 2009
FOOL, WAS AMERICA BUILT IN ONE DAY? DID IT BECOME INDUSTRIALIZED IN ONE DAY? how can a country that is only 49 yrs old suddenly be like America, with health insurance, good quality education etc, it TAKES TIME
[quote][/quote]

So we have to wait 300 YRS to enjoy those things by ur reckoning. U must be a politician or a product of the political class. Continue reasoning with ur ass there. U did not answer my simple question. Is Saudi arabia 300 YRS, Ur president go there for his medical checkup. Is malaysia 300 yrs, Is Singapore? is Hong kong?

Countries that nigeria started the race together are all leaving us behind. even Ghana!
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Janeesa: 12:36am On Oct 16, 2009
which president? yardua? haha is he a president? and is he my president? grin

Those countries have leaders who have their heads on their shoulders, obviously Nigeria doesnt which is why other African countries are doing much better
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Demainman1: 12:54am On Oct 16, 2009
Thank u. It is not how old. It is how focus the leaders are. every damn thing that is need to build a country can now be acquired COTS if u have the means and NIGERIA has the means. we just refuse to grow! no thanks to the warped minded rulers.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by IgboGirl(f): 1:02am On Oct 16, 2009
Janeesa:

you are one of those who r living good in naija and believes others r living same as u. in case u dont kno d rich is getting richer and poor getting poorer in naija. and for your info my name is Igbogirl not Nigeriangirl. I'll claim Igbo b4 i will ever claim Nigeria cos there's nothing to be proud of abt nigeria. and yes u read me right, washing dishes in America can open so many doors for u, u can save up money, go to sch, or even get promoted and no one will ever look down on u. but do same in naija and see if ppl wont laugh at u. believe it or not America has more opportunity than Nigeria and stop being in denial cos u happen to hav a good job. hav u wondered how ppl in naija without your job or money r living? they r obviously not living as good as u, they r suffering and the govt isnt doing anything abt it, in fact the govt doesnt care. i am in America to stay, i can never be kicked out cos i wasnt here illegally. so your prayer will not come to pass.
admit it Nigeria is a big shame! at 49 still hav nothing to show for it. we hav our own natural resources yet we dont see the use of the money, till today electricity is not reliable, health care is a joke, ppl die frequently from diseases they shdnt die from why? cos there's no good medical care, no medical equipments, no nothing. what exactly are u proud of abt Nigeria? a country and leaders that dont care abt their citizens.
old ppl here are catered for, they have social security benefits and medicare. America's health care may not be the best right now but we are getting there wit d help of president Obama. can u say your grandparents back home in village are getting good medical care? does the Nigerian govt even kno abt your grandparents? mentally challenged ppl here are taking good care of, the govt takes care of them and pay the care givers. can u say that abt mentally chalenged in Nigeria? we hav crazy ppl everywhere on the streets of Nigeria and in market places with no one to account for them. wat exactly has Nigeria done for her citizens? even students are not catered for.

So you think people who do service jobs  in America are looked highly upon? , they get looked down too especially the ones who are of a certain race, Cleaning dishes only gets you money for what you NEED. I dont know about this your talk about "opening doors" like hell you get sooo many opportunities from cleaning a freaking dish. Education gives you opportunities, not cleaning dishes. I can see that you are very IGNORANT. You say that the Nigerian Gov't doesnt care about its citizens, haha and you think the U.S. gov't does? Keep decieving urself there, the government doesnt give a shit about you, me or anyone else. Do you know why? BECAUSE ITS ABOUT THAT ALMIGHTY  DOLLAR. if the gov't cared then why were millions of families displaced after hurrican Katrina? Why did it take the U.S govt so long to respond and help its OWN people? And your talkin about health care? what do you even know about what Obama is doing about health care? what do you know about how metally challenged people are being taken care of? when our tax MONEY is going to these so called "mentally challenged" people who are just using the system? Yes, the U.S. has good health care but you really cant compare it to Nigeria, a developing country of only 49 years old, if you think students in the U.S are so well taken care of you got another thing coming, you really sound like a naive American ( only your not even American) who never bothers to ask questions and just goes along with what the gov't and the media want you to believe. POINT IS : ALL GOVERNMENTS ARE GREEDY AND WANT WHAT THEY CAN GET, NO GOV'T IS REALLY intrested in serving their people, it is money that they see and it is money that they WANT.

You are a classic case of a MAD  Nigerian! Don't get mad and result to insulting others when they are saying the truth about Nigeria. It took China 10 yrs to be where they are today. You say we r 49yrs? That's correct but what can we show for those 49yrs? I know a lot abt American health care to know that Nigerians have a long shot of getting that kind of medical care and I'm not even suggesting we shd have it good like Americans but that we shd at least have it fair. Why do your leaders fly their sick families abroad to get medical care? Stop getting emotional and accept the truth about Nigeria. Insulting us won't help your cause.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by IgboGirl(f): 1:06am On Oct 16, 2009
redsky1:

b4 i go to bed let me ask all u people a question - if u get into trouble in any country around the world will this your beloved naija govt come and help you.

yes thank God i am a fake british citizen at least i know that if something should happen to me anywhere they will come and help me. even drug dealers get help (remember the case of that nigerian born british drug dealer who was pregnant) how many of your brothers are on death row in china and lybia?

so your waiting for 300 years to develop. does it take 300 years to build a hospital - does it take 300 years to tar a road abeg stop insulting yourself

LOL
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by i4serious: 3:29am On Oct 16, 2009
With shipping a leased car home my bros them,its possible as simple as possible.Even rented car travel home faster than u can think.
No be 419 guys ?Abegiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii with some people nothing wey no fit dey impossible ooooooooo.Because we don't do it,we may not have ideas of it works.Just leave shit for agbepo
EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE WITH NAIJA MENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by OvieE: 4:04am On Oct 16, 2009
Do you think that Nigeria will exist in 300 years. Why do you think pregnant women go abroad to have their children? Because they know Nigeria have no future. For those who say that we should not compare Nigeria to US, maybe we should compare Nigeria to China. China only old than Nigeria by ten years. Lets give Nigeria a ten years time if Nigeria can get to were china is today. A fool at thirty is a fool forever. The road in front of my house in Brooklyn was in good condition than Abuja so called good roads, they just removed everything and resurface it. Where in Nigeria can they do that. The roads in Nigeria cannot be fix not to talk of resurface. All this mania jobs that people back home are talking about, I do not know people like that. Last week I believe I read an article were it says that Nigeria doctor make 200k a month then I paused. That is equivalent of what I make in just two week after tax in one job. Some people who are bragging that they living well back home are just a freak-in liers. You may have a good jobs but the car and the house you live are given you by you job. Doctors, bankers and other do not live well their salary. They only thing they own is their monthly salary. Everything else is given to they and if they lose their job, they have to return the car and house, is that a life? Last year when I went home to marry, my wife told me that bankers make 80k a mount and I laughed.

Someone who is not related to me texting living a rubbish message on my phone stated that he (cannot to the burial because he does not have money and his close are still are the Tailor). One question I ask my is that if cannot go a burial so what concern. The person that died is not even related to him. People back home their demand is too much. A thing that will not cost more that 100 dollar, they will triple it for you. Imaging my father work hard to build a house for grandmother, bought a house in Lagos and Warri and also build a hostel at abraka plus two cars he bought for his immediate family. The two cars they destroy it and continue to tell my father to send money home to repair some parts. That was one thing he regretted by they can because we were expecting to used both cars when all our 8 of 11 families here to use when we get home but not to write about. Since that day, father never pay attention to them even when they said that they will care for the car better this time. The other thing my Father regretted is the hostel because of the stupid strikes over and over.

IgboGirl and redsky1, I hail you two and others as well. One in hundred living a good live in Nigeria is pathetic. Apart from me sending money to wife, even my own family forget it. By god grace she will join January of 2010. I ignore everyone else. I have the money but I think of my life first before anything else. People back will claim they never get pay over and over. So when will get pay. From January to December; this same story, no pay no pay. If eventual you be pay they do not call to let us know they are paid. Nonses. Live in US is great. If Nigeria government who about tax, they can use that tax money to build roads, bridges, invest in education, care for the mental disable and more like America do. This tax money is great because the day I retire and move back home, I will collect my social security thru America embassy in Nigeria and live large.

Do not mind my English.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by platinumnk(f): 5:16am On Oct 16, 2009
OvieE:

Do you think that Nigeria will exist in 300 years. Why do you think pregnant women go abroad to have their children? Because they know Nigeria have no future. For those who say that we should not compare Nigeria to US, maybe we should compare Nigeria to China. China only old than Nigeria by ten years. Lets give Nigeria a ten years time if Nigeria can get to were china is today. A fool at thirty is a fool forever. The road in front of my house in Brooklyn was in good condition than Abuja so called good roads, they just removed everything and resurface it. Where in Nigeria can they do that. The roads in Nigeria cannot be fix not to talk of resurface. All this mania jobs that people back home are talking about, I do not know people like that. Last week I believe I read an article were it says that Nigeria doctor make 200k a month then I paused. That is equivalent of what I make in just two week after tax in one job. Some people who are bragging that they living well back home are just a freak-in liers. You may have a good jobs but the car and the house you live are given you by you job. Doctors, bankers and other do not live well their salary. They only thing they own is their monthly salary. Everything else is given to they and if they lose their job, they have to return the car and house, is that a life? Last year when I went home to marry, my wife told me that bankers make 80k a mount and I laughed.

Someone who is not related to me texting living a rubbish message on my phone stated that he (cannot to the burial because he does not have money and his close are still are the Tailor). One question I ask my is that if cannot go a burial so what concern. The person that died is not even related to him. People back home their demand is too much. A thing that will not cost more that 100 dollar, they will triple it for you. Imaging my father work hard to build a house for grandmother, bought a house in Lagos and Warri and also build a hostel at abraka plus two cars he bought for his immediate family. The two cars they destroy it and continue to tell my father to send money home to repair some parts. That was one thing he regretted by they can because we were expecting to used both cars when all our 8 of 11 families here to use when we get home but not to write about. Since that day, father never pay attention to them even when they said that they will care for the car better this time. The other thing my Father regretted is the hostel because of the stupid strikes over and over.

IgboGirl and redsky1, I hail you two and others as well. One in hundred living a good live in Nigeria is pathetic. Apart from me sending money to wife, even my own family forget it. By god grace she will join January of 2010. I ignore everyone else. I have the money but I think of my life first before anything else. People back will claim they never get pay over and over. So when will get pay. From January to December; this same story, no pay no pay. If eventual you be pay they do not call to let us know they are paid. Nonses. Live in US is great. If Nigeria government who about tax, they can use that tax money to build roads, bridges, invest in education, care for the mental disable and more like America do. This tax money is great because the day I retire and move back home, I will collect my social security thru America embassy in Nigeria and live large.

Do not mind my English.

Well said!
U forgot to mention the diseases lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
I never had malaria  a DAY in my life!
typhoid. . etc. you start mentioning the houshold diseases u get from containmated water in the us and they would look at you like your mad

Please, Janessa and co, dont kid yourself grin
Culturally, Nigeria is tops, but basic infrastucture? Hell no grin
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by rygem: 6:10am On Oct 16, 2009
Ghana must go is turning to Nigeria must go!
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by DisGuy: 6:53am On Oct 16, 2009
spoilt:

Because people here travel back to naija with ten suitcases to show off. They never reveal the true hardship here.

God save you if you dare return from obodo oyinbo with only one suitcase!!!
remember somebody somewhere is expecting something something right from teh airport till the day you're going back!!
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by na2day2(m): 7:49am On Oct 16, 2009
@ topic

yeah, i get alot of those calls, i need a laptop, i usually reply, me too but the fact of the matter is some of us don't help the situation, they use credit cards to buy alot of things they will pay for, for the next one year and take those things home to show off, naturally those poor folks think money must grow on trees here
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by honeric01(m): 9:13am On Oct 16, 2009
why most people expect you to send money to them here in Nigeria might be because they contributed to your going to that abroad in the first place, so courtesy demands that you let them get something from what you must have gained in that "wonderland" every stupid Nigerian think anywhere but Nigeria is.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by Nignog: 9:33am On Oct 16, 2009
Wen i need de money i sell a body part at de lagos market.
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by sayso: 9:46am On Oct 16, 2009
This topic is good and opening some things about individuals,we in Nigeria I will say spend more money than some of this abroad people and some of this money is spent on health issues,school fees,feeding all of relatives and neighbors,is there anything wrong in blessing those around you and your relatives if you make more money than them and we are still in 9ja living fine,this coming Xmass if money is not spent for gifts,visitation etc it will not be less than $6k so why not spend it if you can afford it?
Re: Why Do People Back Home Think Money Grows On Trees Abroad? by 2tait: 10:38am On Oct 16, 2009
of course, money grows on trees!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Moment Overloaded Car Fell Over Sideways (Video) / Nigeria Deports 53 Illegal Immigrants / 10 Things You Can Relate To If You’ve Enter Entered A Keke Napep In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.