Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,011 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari (6523 Views)

Alex Ekwueme's Last Major Public Outing Was His Induction Into Imo Hall Of Fame / Major Reasons Why IPOB Has Been Very Successful / The Last Outing Of Abacha With Yasir Arafat - In Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by phiphis: 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
I had a very successful UN outing — Buhari

At the conclusion of his five-day activities during the 71st Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA71), President Muhammadu Buhari declared that he had a very successful outing.

Addressing the media to round off his visit to New York, the president reviewed all his major and side events during the visit and highlighted the issues on which he sent a direct message to world leaders.

“I highlighted the need for the international community to work together to liberate humanity from poverty, save our planet from the devastation of climate change and rid the world of terrorism for a more peaceful and prosperous future,” a statement from his office said.

President Buhari also said that, “I mentioned that the plight of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) arising from Boko Haram terrorism is of particular concern to us. For this reason, we have taken concrete steps to address their humanitarian needs and to ensure that necessary conditions are established to enable the voluntary return of the displaced persons to their homes in safety and dignity”.

While acknowledging that “Nigeria as a developing country has been adversely affected by the global economic downturn,” he however, said that “we are undeterred and have embarked on a wide range of reforms in our efforts to diversify our economy and shift emphasis to mining, agriculture, industrialization, infrastructure development and the creation of the enabling environment for Foreign Direct Investment”.
He also noted that “fighting corruption remains of prime importance to our administration,” adding that the campaign is already yielding positive gains including significant stolen assets recoveries.

The president stated clearly Nigeria’s position on Climate Change, development in developing countries, youth development, statehood for the Palestinians, and reform of the UN Security Council with Nigeria ready to serve on a reformed Council to “advance international peace and security.”

President Buhari listed his meetings with world leaders and the benefits from some of the side events such as the US-Africa Business Forum during which discussions focused on how top American business executives “can collaborate with us to diversify our economy, which will in turn drive development, job creation and general business development in Nigeria.”

He mentioned his meeting with top Nigerian professionals in the United States and the urgent need to reclaim the shrinking Lake Chad, even as he expressed delight that “some countries notably the United Kingdom and United States pledged additional support in the tune of US $391 million humanitarian aid for the Lake Chad region.”

President Buhari used the occasion of the media event to thank relevant United States authorities for efficient security and administrative arrangements, and officials of the Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs for demonstrating “that we still have capable officers in our Foreign and Civil Services”.

He commended the Nigerian officers for the “tireless effects in projecting a positive image to our country, even in difficult times”.

President Buhari did not forget members of the Nigerian media, as he thanked them for “going through elaborate security checks and clearance procedures to follow my activities and hectic schedule in order to keep all our people at home well informed of my meetings and engagements”.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/211155-i-successful-un-outing-buhari.html

1 Like

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by INTROVERT(f): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
K
Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by jamesharryson(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2016
ok, continue ....(in patience jonathans voice)

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by jaymejate: 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2016
Una welcome.

Really it was successful because you didn't have a plane crash.

In terms of developing the Nigeria economy, don't say it's Successful yet. Wait till the result start showing.

19 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by sarrki(m): 5:31pm On Sep 25, 2016
Baba welcome

They are free to run their mouth (Wailers )

It's free to air

5 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Okworigeorge(m): 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
you always do... China comes to mind

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Brooklynsouth(f): 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2016
Mumu come and tell nigerians lies cos that's what you brought back from the trip. And where's aiSha. Shebi she don run go UK make we no talk Say public fund she carry go US bubu we are smarter than u even @ your useless age

23 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by richidinho(m): 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
That is how u had a successful outing in china oo

The rest is history

39 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by IykeChukz(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
Most countries in the world came up with what they can offer or sell, we end up begging and bringing to the fold our dependency syndrome for the world to see.

I pray we learn from most developed countries.

16 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by obiageIi(f): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:
Baba welcome
It's free to air
Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:
Baba welcome

It's free to air
Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Paperwhite(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
Only if your being there translates to good governance & relief from this your self-induces economic recession.Anything short of that means you still remain your dull self.

3 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Soneh(m): 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
Allow nigerians to rate ur outing abi you don ever see where student de grade himself

7 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by TPAND(f): 6:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
Baba please shut up. As far as we concerned you went on tourism

18 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by payosehtor(m): 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
well come sir. we''ve not ceased praying for you, your going out & coming in shall be prospered in Jesus name
Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by payosehtor(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
TPAND:
Baba please shut up. As far as we concerned you went on tourism
voice of the born HATERS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Izonpikin: 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Welcome
Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by RichYoungNigger(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2016
A good outing ??
Did you go with a translator ??

I'm from Nigeria, born in Nigeria and grew up in Nigeria, speaks 4 Nigerian languages but to tell you the truth, i don't understand anything when Buhari talks, millions of people don't hear what he says while talking

This is not Hausa accent, i don't know what he speaks

I wonder how people from all over the world who are not Nigerians will understand what he says

38 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Thisis2raw(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2016
Well no be him fault sha! They say lizard from up fall nobody praise am, na him shake him head praise himself

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by hobermener: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2016
I bet it was successful, after wasting tax payers money on fruitless trips with your family, while the idiots who voted you in were writhing in pains inflicted on them by your gross incompetence and stupidity!!! And did the senile president talk of diversification after ordering the nnpc to commence immediate search for oil in the north with tax payers money One is only left to wonder how Nigerians will survive the first four years of this horrible, hypocritical, demonic ,clueless administration. cry cry cry

9 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by anonimi: 7:51am On Sep 26, 2016
How much more loot did he RECOVER so that we don't have to BORROW grin cheesy
Bloody jokers and LIARS.

STFUand4kMeHARD:
Looted Funds: FG Recovers N3.4 Trn Cash, Assets – Amaechi

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/looted-funds-fg-recovers-n3-4-trn-cash-assets-amaechi/

FG Saves Over N3 Trillion through TSA
March 24, 2016

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/03/24/fg-saves-over-n3-trillion-through-tsa/

gabydaniels:
Buhari Has Saved N1.4trn By Not Paying Subsidy On Fuel – Osibanjo

Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/08/26/osinbajo-we-have-saved-n1-4tn-by-not-paying-fuel-subsidy/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4274093_50n_jpeg66612b82f19bacce57a72fd3b44895c8

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by jerryunit48: 7:52am On Sep 26, 2016
Na lie , i can bet my last meal you did not really understand what took place there

8 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Mayorsholly(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2016
I believe u die.. sai baba.. hope say u Neva sell naija sha embarassedI believe u die.. sai baba.. hope say u Neva sell naija sha
Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Adeoba10(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2016
Shebi na bcus u no dey buy rice n fuel

6 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2016
Bubu one chance driver

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2016
Another waste of scarce resources on a fruitless trip.

Oh God of Nazareth, fast forward Nigerian time to 2019 and cause Buhari to contest again. We need to disgrace him with our votes oh God

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by sharliz(f): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2016
I hope it yield positive results
Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Aidy97(f): 8:04am On Sep 26, 2016
Before nko, more grease to your elbow
Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Generalyemi(m): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2016
Mr President.. welcome

1 Like

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 26, 2016
Because your family travelled with you successfully and you eat your local delicacy instead of Burger and chips

2 Likes

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Marvyx(m): 8:09am On Sep 26, 2016
If you call travelling to blame GEJ to Nigerians in diaspora a successful trip, then it was really successful..

1 Like

Re: I Had A Very Successful UN Outing — Buhari by Maj196(m): 8:20am On Sep 26, 2016
Wetin u go talk b4. Old mumu lyk u. Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Summons Anenih To Account For Abandoned Road Project / Ex-Militants Drag Paul Boroh To Court (Photos) / I Hear Heavy Rain With Thunder In Aso-rock – Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.