Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,362 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? (839 Views)

#WorldSexualPurityDay: Nigerian Couple Who Avoided Pre-Marital Sex / Relationships: How To Make A Great First Impression In Love, Tip That Works / Over Sharing In Relationships. How Do You Cope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Originalsly: 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
Abusive relationships are on the rise... but this is a topic we are somewhat afraid to address face to face and even on social media where we can hide behind our ehmmm...iPhone 7's. Women are by farrrrr the majority of victims.... and most of them are silent victims trapped in the relationships.
How did we get to this stage?.... moving forward in technologies and back to beast mode in behaviour? If we can find causes then we can find solutions.
Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
undecided
Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Neolah(f): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Maybe women should endeavour to be submissive and at the same time make it known to her partner at the beginning of the relationship that violence (physical) violence is out of it. Theyy should also not engage in 'vocal violence' too. Please how do I upload my pics on Nland??

1 Like

Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
Neolah:
Maybe women should endeavour to be submissive and at the same time make it known to her partner at the beginning of the relationship that violence (physical) violence is out of it. Theyy should also not engage in 'vocal violence' too. Please how do I upload my pics on Nland??

By using your God given fish brain.
Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Agimor(m): 6:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
Demigods666:

That's demn too harsh.
Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 25, 2016
Neolah:
If ths understanding you have is true, my dear u're going very far and high with ur hubby in marriage above ur colleagues. Keep it up!

As for the pic upload, go to edit profile and select the pic from ur phone file

2 Likes

Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Neolah(f): 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2016
Demigods666:

[color=#000099][/color]. Lol...it takes a fish to understand a fish..
Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Neolah(f): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quo[/color]te author=RadicallyBlunt post=49667698]
If ths understanding you have is true, my dear u're going very far and high with ur hubby in marriage above ur colleagues. Keep it up!

As for the pic upload, go to edit profile and select the pic fro[color=#006600]
m ur phone file[/quote] I'm not married ooo bh soon enough I will by God's GRACE... Thank you!
Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Richy4(m): 8:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
Some women got an acid tongue.... when they open their mouth and it starts running like tap, it takes real men to endure and walk out of that scene...

I must say that in every real relationship, every partner knows the weak point of either the man or the woman....

There are some trigger subject or topic u do not really need to boldly bring up without "buttering" it.. if a partner brings that trigger topic up and he or she sees a warning sign, it is always wise to drop it...

1 Like

Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 26, 2016
Neolah:
[color=#000099][/color]. Lol...it takes a fish to understand a fish..

Lmao, this girl you are funny grin grin
Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by dotcomnamename: 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2016
Neolah:
Maybe women should endeavour to be submissive LION and at the same time make it known to her partner at the beginning of the relationship that violence (physical) violence is out of it. Theyy should also not engage in 'vocal violence' too. Please how do I upload my pics on Nland??
Re: Abusive Relationships.... How Can Such Be Avoided? by Originalsly: 12:47am On Sep 27, 2016
I think one of the main reasons is that we get into relationships for the wrong reasons. ..and once we step in...our ears and eyes are closed..... closed to making observations, seeing negative patterns of behaviour... closed to seeing warning signs... until we find ourselves trapped in the middle of the ring on the receiving end of physical or mental abuse. We need to look at our partner from all angles.... not just focus on his six pack... when his hands are balling into fists.... or be busy drooling over the big bubbly boobs while her mouth be loading with sharp words. We just need to pay attention...to get out before we get suckered in.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Man To Depend On A Lady For His Financial Needs? / Gloria Please Take Me Back. / One Silly Question For The Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.