Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,502 members, 7,823,170 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? (837 Views)

Lady Accuses Eno Obong Okon Of Deceiving Her With Marriage Proposal / Help, An Older Lady Is Obsessed With Me / Photos From Marriage Proposals On Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by Smoke2015: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
We all know how obsessed women can be about proposals. Not necessarily marriage but proposals.

They love to exchange stories about how their boyfriend’s went overboard to make sure she was presented with a ring in the most elaborate way. Some even warn their men about how glamorous and romantic they want their proposals to turn out, even if they were to act surprised. It’s like a competition and whoever has the most romantic proposal wins. Frankly, this is madness!

Talking with a few close friends of mine, they laid out their various complaints.

Man A said his girlfriend warned him not to propose to her in front of a huge crowd, even threatened to leave him if he does.

Man B said his girlfriend kept comparing him to her fried who recently got proposed to. saying that her now fiancé took her skydiving jet and proposed to her over Dubai while they jumped out of the plane. This particular guy can’t even climb to the top of a 15ft ladder because he is petrified of heights.

Man C said the diamond she expects should be as big as her grandmothers kneecap. He particularly told me that what he had budgeted for the engagement ring was roughly N100k.At most. Worse yet he had already bought the ring he wanted to proposed to her with the following week…. yawa.

From what I can conclude, these guys were panicking more about trying to impress their girlfriends rather than the actual reason why they wanted to propose. That was the problem.

Getting any man up to the point where he decides to spend the rest of his life with you takes a whole lot of patience. They why should everything rely on a petty proposal? The truth is only 12% of men in the world are NATURALLY romantic so if he decides to try and go as far as arranging a REASONABLE proposal then you should give him some kudos.

It’s not about how well, it’s about why he wanted to propose which is the whole idea entirely.

To be continued…..

http://mojidelano.com/2016/12/why-are-women-so-obsessed-with-marriage-proposals/

Cc: Lalasticlala seun

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by softMarket(m): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
Do you know how it feels to be 31 and still single?

Ur parents will be looking at u and be seeing Cow!! grin
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by LordIsaac(m): 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
It's because of gender inequality!
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by Luizkid(m): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
so u mean somebody took his gal thousands of feets up in the air n proposed, what if she's carried away n forgot to use her parachute??

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by Ukeachu1(m): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
softMarket:

make dem kill d cow chop o
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by Splinz(m): 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
softMarket:

Op is not talking about marriage per se, but "marriage proposal" and the silly ways some women prefered it.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by LuvU2: 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
hmm nt all women
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by OhMyG0d: 12:03am On Dec 02, 2016
Ah! My brother, im nor easy at all.

You no know how times dem don go for Shiloh.

Abi shey na the times wey dem don lie under plastic chairs for church dey pray for hubby after the service don end??

Abeg, im worth am.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 02, 2016
its too much of Zee world and Telemundo.... how i hate those programs.

However, thats what they have turned our ladies to, which accounts for why they do so much comparison.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by lhawarl1(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2016
Maychang:
its too much of Zee world and Telemundo.... how i hate those programs.

However, thats what they have turned our ladies to, which accounts for why they do so much comparison.

exactly......... Buh you are a woman, why do you hate those channels?
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by Nobody: 7:16am On Dec 02, 2016
lhawarl1:

exactly......... Buh you are a woman, why do you hate those channels?

Not every woman is obsessed with them.

1. I have better things to do with time than follow up a program which can last for months. you begin to think about it, suspense fills you.

2. The need to put on the generator when the light goes off- waste of money, in this recession?

3. The indian series are always the same story- its either about 2 lovers, strict mother-in-law / marriage.

4. The Koreans make me sick with their kissing scenes. I remember when "Boys over flowers" was everywhere. Infact the hostel i resided in , all the rooms watched it everyday. My roomates made it worse, i had no choice than to join them but i stopped quarter way.

point: whenever they try to kiss- its always annoying. Id be like ...open your mouth na...they wil jus put their lips together , no action, nothing.

so many other reasons jare....need to stop here, im on the road.
Re: Why Are Women So Obsessed With Marriage Proposals? by lhawarl1(m): 7:21am On Dec 02, 2016
Maychang:

Not every woman is obsessed with them.

1. I have better things to do with time than follow up a program which can last for months. you begin to think about it, suspense fills you.

2. The need to put on the generator when the light goes off- waste of money, in this recession?

3. The indian series are always the same story- its either about 2 lovers, strict mother-in-law / marriage.

4. The Koreans make me sick with their kissing scenes. I remember when "Boys over flowers" was everywhere. Infact the hostel i resided in , all the rooms watched it everyday. My roomates made it worse, i had no choice than to join them but i stopped quarter way.

point: whenever they try to kiss- its always annoying. Id be like ...open your mouth na...they wil jus put their lips together , no action, nothing.

so many other reasons jare....need to stop here, im on the road.

unbelievable, so a woman that doesn't watch this programs still exist? .................. I like the way you think

(1) (Reply)

Chinelo Why Me? / Ladies, Oya Come And Answer This Question. / Actress & Mother Of Four Omotola Jalade Flaunts Massive Curves (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.