Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer (35463 Views)

Adekunle Gold: "I Was Dating A Girl That Had A Boyfriend And I Did Not Know" / Adekunle Gold: "I Wrote Orente For Simi" / Arike Gold: "I Hate Poverty, My Husband Will Kneel And Also Cook For Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by tosyne2much(m): 11:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
ClassCaptain:

I also went to project fame 2013 at Ilorin...They sent me out...

look at I mike , look at olawale... Past winners of mtn pfame, where are they now Yet praiz and niniola that didn't even win are making waves..

Hoping to perform on that stage too by God grace .

anyway, life is all about determination and hardwork plus a lil bit of luck
I pray that God will soon open a book of remembrance unto you
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
FlirtyKaren:
Check out this amazing testimony star singer Adekunle Gold shared with his fans via Snapchat as the 9th season of Project Fame which was won by Okiemute Ighorodje came to an end yesterday.

7 and 8 years ago, Adekunle failed to qualify for the MTN Project Fame competition. Eventually, his dreams still came through as he was a Guest Performer on the show yesterday. Adekunle Gold is currently signed to Olamide's YBNL record label.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2016/09/i-failed-mtn-project-fame-audition.html
FlirtyKaren:
Check out this amazing testimony star singer Adekunle Gold shared with his fans via Snapchat as the 9th season of Project Fame which was won by Okiemute Ighorodje came to an end yesterday.

7 and 8 years ago, Adekunle failed to qualify for the MTN Project Fame competition. Eventually, his dreams still came through as he was a Guest Performer on the show yesterday. Adekunle Gold is currently signed to Olamide's YBNL record label.

FlirtyKaren:

Not about beibg a guest.peple should try to understand something.that u are something u are which on anorm wont because uknowpeople whold help u.he failed auditions because his voice was bad.he went home and trained coming back again he still failed.now he either fedup or had connections wirh a promoter or some1 who helped him shine.But even after that is your voice still good.cone to auditions again he still fail it.he didnt learn bt forced it.music is voice
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by slimsoshady(m): 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
landinfo:
From Chris Brown to 50 to Eminem, Kells, etc, these guys have sucecced than those who won the American Idol, etc except for Dakolo & Omawumi (Winner & runner-up to Celtel West Africa), every other winners have been nothing to write home even Iyanya except for Praiz & a little of Chidinma
mentioning Eminem and 50 is disrespectful... angry

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by elvision1(m): 12:00am On Sep 26, 2016
ClassCaptain:

look at I mike , look at olawale... Past winners of mtn pfame, where are they now Yet praiz and niniola that didn't even win are making waves..

wait o! Johnny drille and niniola na thesame set?
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by DarkRed(m): 12:07am On Sep 26, 2016
That Nigga is blessed!
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by louie3(m): 12:54am On Sep 26, 2016
ClassCaptain:

Dude go get a job and stop dreaming.
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Hhundredhundred(m): 1:35am On Sep 26, 2016
CSTR2:
Given the quality of his voice, I am not surprised. He wouldn't last 10 minutes there.

Hater, what can you do apart from your scam.
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by miqos02(m): 3:53am On Sep 26, 2016
ClassCaptain:

He inspires people through his music and even this post is an inspiration
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Chukazu: 3:56am On Sep 26, 2016
landinfo:
From Chris Brown to 50 to Eminem, Kells, etc, these guys have sucecced than those who won the American Idol, etc except for Dakolo & Omawumi (Winner & runner-up to Celtel West Africa), every other winners have been nothing to write home even Iyanya except for Praiz & a little of Chidinma

I think the prize money is an obstacle for. it gives them a false sense of hope, and nothing to motivate but the ones who have no money and fame keep pushing
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by miqos02(m): 3:57am On Sep 26, 2016
Peacetemi:
Most of these competitions are shitty!!!
The organizers just want to sell tickets and make money, after the competition, the winner is sucked into oblivion.

i thought tickets are free
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by chachanga: 5:14am On Sep 26, 2016

thecrush:

Please just SHUT-UP!!
Do you know what these shows have done for them?
Why not ask them and find out?
These companies organize shows to bring out talents and train them(oh yes!! they must make money) its left for the winners to use that platform to hustle.
Have u gone through X-factor UK....?
Look at Alexandra Burke, Leona lewis......U will cry as they sing out their hearts.
But ask yourself why they are not as big as Adele, Beyonce and the likes. Its not easy!
I know of people with sweet voices who have gone to MTN projectfame auditions and didnt make it...Many factors must have come into play...1. Their look or face 2. They had a bad day themselves and didnt impress 3. God didnt want it for them 4. Judges didnt like them
Finally, MTN project fame is still the best......These guys are groomed to be ready for the outside world asap!
They are trained to be versatile....u shd sing any song.....They are trained to be performers and they are trained to give Nigerians what they want.
Its obvious u are not a music person.....SO SHAT AP!

Peacetemi:
Most of these competitions are shitty!!!
The organizers just want to sell tickets and make money, after the competition, the winner is sucked into oblivion.

The world's biggest stars didn't win competitions

Adele, Sam Smith, Taylor Swift, Edsheeran, Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande,

If you're really serious about your music career, I'll advise you not to even waste your time on those dumb competitions.

I wonder why this guy is so pained grin grin
Are you one of those organizers I mentioned??
If not, then SHUT THE FUCKKK UP AND GET YOUR PAINED ASS OUTTA MY MENTIONS

hey, lighten up, you both...
you both got points
a lot of blowing big in music depends on the individual who knows how to do the best with the legacy of Comps like projectFame, starQuest etc OR the one who, despite the lack of it, can create the same for himself on the streets with hardwork, preparation and luck, right?
ok, go get ready for werk...time to get back on the grind!

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by ibkgab001: 5:38am On Sep 26, 2016
Thanks ... God bless
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by jordinsparkles(f): 6:29am On Sep 26, 2016
Very inspiring...... with or without project fame if God talk say na your time to blow, nothing wey anybody do fit stop your shine. Adekunle!!!! Ride on bro....
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by ClassCaptain(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
I pray that God will soon open a book of remembrance unto you

Lol..Baddest !!!! Mr Ten ten... Amen my pastor
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Oghumu1(m): 7:38am On Sep 26, 2016
demolaxl:
I am going to resume work at a company tmrw. I av plans to buy that same company in the nearest future.
Pray your boss doesn't see this your comment. grin
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Oghumu1(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2016
U hear fans screaming and u never thought of yourself, these people sing other people's songs, they get free beats and sound, their wears are been given to them. After their stay at the project fame, what is it like to make good music?? You will have to write a good song that will make sales or throw a hit banger, go for tour, get a music director that you will be paying if you're not signed to any record label, una go find location, get wears and the rest, these guys stay in a building g and they get fed by MTN so don't expect anything from them when they leave there. The winners didn't win because they know how to sing but because people voted them, their family members Shae money out there to people.
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2016
hungryboy:
True that,
Majority of winners of this music talent shows hardly become Stars and make hit records,
To sing another pesin hit song flawlessly no mean say you fit create your own hit record
o boy na true ooo upon the past winners na only 2 to 3 persons the drop hit
I was at the project fame 2012 but I didn't make it
now I have many hot bangers although I haven't gotten a record deal or management but I av gotten about 50k downloads on my Jim Jim but nairaland never aloud my songs to get to fp because they are selective
bro do you know how I can get my songs on tooxclusive thanks
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 26, 2016
thecrush:

Please just SHUT-UP!!
Do you know what these shows have done for them?
Why not ask them and find out?

These companies organize shows to bring out talents and train them(oh yes!! they must make money) its left for the winners to use that platform to hustle.

Have u gone through X-factor UK....?
Look at Alexandra Burke, Leona lewis......U will cry as they sing out their hearts.

But ask yourself why they are not as big as Adele, Beyonce and the likes. Its not easy!

I know of people with sweet voices who have gone to MTN projectfame auditions and didnt make it...Many factors must have come into play...1. Their look or face 2. They had a bad day themselves and didnt impress 3. God didnt want it for them 4. Judges didnt like them

Finally, MTN project fame is still the best......These guys are groomed to be ready for the outside world asap!
They are trained to be versatile....u shd sing any song.....They are trained to be performers and they are trained to give Nigerians what they want.
Its obvious u are not a music person.....SO SHAT AP!
are u chidima or Praiz if you are can help me upload my song on tooxclusive or notjustok although its on other sit but I need to expose it more to millions of people plz
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 26, 2016
thecrush:

Ask Iyanya and Praiz what they started singing..? Love songs?

Thats not what Nigerians want...Nigerians want naija hip-hop and some razz jatty jaty noise...They understood that fast.

Chidinma started well with Kedike....

I still feel Chidinma is the biggest of them all.

The music industry is hard to comprehend why beautiful and better voices dont just make waves.

If fans like you...they like you....

U must be a proper business man in music,......Understand the Nigerian market and consumers....

Thats y Victoria Kimani left Kenya to join Chocolate City!

o boy I am a proper business man in music u can check my songs JIM JIM.. WINE AM.. BOUNCE
its all hits upon hits with about 80k downloads in all but no management nor record deal I need to heat it big
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by tosyne2much(m): 4:19pm On Sep 26, 2016
ClassCaptain:

Lol..Baddest !!!! Mr Ten ten... Amen my pastor
And how ur wives and kids? cool
Re: Adekunle Gold: I Failed MTN Project Fame Audition Twice, Now I'm Guest Performer by Jedixraja(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

B-red Buys A N120m House In Lagos / Teebillz Kisses Tiwa Savage's Baby Bump In Public / Tayo Adeniyi Asks For More From Man Who Gave Her N1m At Her Movie Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.