Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage (30607 Views)

Laberry, Nigerian Lady's Massive Boobs Cause Stir On Instagram (Photos) / Not All Relationships End In Marriage, But... - Bamisepeters 'blog / My Fiance Is Leaving Me , Cause I Let Out My Painful And Biggest Secrets To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 26, 2016
Xiadnat:

Heheheh!!! No crime. I just have this aversion to social media like bbm, whatsomething, facebook blah blah. I am only on linkedIn for professional associations.

Forgive me! I am working on my social media shortcomings. Email me if you want to catch up.

Lol.
okay. Sure will, irresistible Xiadnat. wink
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
Iamhatey:
and the list continues embarassed

Time to stop all this lists and be yourself and mind you Op, marriage is not for everybody

Don't quote me

Big toto
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by fresho4real(m): 10:30pm On Oct 10, 2016
Ok
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Ichliebedich(f): 10:38pm On Oct 10, 2016
Xensity:

@bolded, what is this thing that is permanent?

How can a standard turn out to be flawed and imperfect? Say a standard a woman sets for herself is to get married to a man who is more intelligent than she is. If she actually does get married to this man, how can it turn out "flawed?" And what are the chances that being pressured into getting married to someone who is less intelligent than she is, wouldn't turn out more "flawed and imperfect?"

I think threads like this are sort of platitudinous. It's premise is the prevailing mantra in our Nigerian society- That Ladies should look past so called superficialities and high standards they set for themselves and give other men a chance, blah blah blah. Every girl has heard this sort of advice.

Propositions like this aren't entirely bad, but they are predicated on shallow perceptions of relationships, that aren't thoroughly pondered. Too much importance is placed on running against the aging clock, and getting married early, which places too much pressure on the individual, which invariably leads to making wrong choices, while less importance is placed on what the individual wants and how settling for less would affect the relationship in the long run.

1 Like

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by bbjummy: 10:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
8. When your parents still feels you are still little to have a bf or gf. Even at 25, you are still in a secret relationship. Hmm! All these parents sha! Such it was with me but thanks to mercy that curved me out eventually. Happily married now sha but really those times weren't funny.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by danasjoe1: 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
I can't find the head of fish in my pot of soup...una no go sleep tonite if that head of fish is not found..
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Barigaboy(m): 11:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
Nyc one, every lady u see will tell u I don't like someone is not real. I don't like someone who lies.
After I heard all this I felt that well am a plain person. And she asked me after wooing her. Do u have a gf I told yes n that I don't love her anymore that's y am talking to u now n we ve agreed on breakup. She asked what do u do? I said m still searching for job. I observed that she was not satisfy with ma answers n she avoided me for 3 months. So I restategize. She ask me again do have a girlfriend I told that have stop dating for 5months but m ready to pick a girl I want to love forever. I told her my car was down n its with mechanic n I don't stay in Lagos, I cud be in Abuja today, Port Harcout tomorrow for businesses. If u see d way dis girl was jumping over me. She wanted to kiss me on d road. I refused. She calls me 6 or 5 times in a day. Abeggy y dem prefer lie
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Onogiede(m): 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2016
Iamhatey:

Time to stop all this lists and be yourself and mind you Op, marriage is not for everybody

Don't quote me
I only sight a lesbian & dn't quote me

1 Like

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Samsonklin(m): 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
Xensity:
Marriage is a very delicate enterprise. It's not something people should rush into, and it's surely not something that is compulsory, like your post is suggesting. I am of the opinion that if someone should enter an institutionalized agreement that essentially involves spending the rest of her life with just one person, then that one person should be someone who meets her standards. Everyone has standards, and these standards shouldn't be circumscribed by opinions of "relationship article writers" who think they have all the answers.
well capped, bt why do think dat u urself is up to standard? Or are u saying that ur partner does nt also wants some1 who meets their standard? Wel, i tink i wil go wit d op on dis one. #no_disrespect
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by obowunmi(m): 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
Rubbish.

The truth is marriage is about luck. You can meet someone and regardless of what they have or do not have, love them regardless.

Then you can meet someone who has all that materialistic things and not like them one bit.

Then you can sometimes never meet someone who tickles your fancy.

Luck. Choice .. Timing.

Don't let anyone defraud you with stupid essays.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by obowunmi(m): 11:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
Xensity:
Marriage is a very delicate enterprise. It's not something people should rush into, and it's surely not something that is compulsory, like your post is suggesting. I am of the opinion that if someone should enter an institutionalized agreement that essentially involves spending the rest of her life with just one person, then that one person should be someone who meets her standards. Everyone has standards, and these standards shouldn't be circumscribed by opinions of "relationship article writers" who think they have all the answers.

So true.

Imagine being with someone you're not attracted to. You'll cheat even if you marry them.

Attraction has nothing to do with wealth or materialistic things.

Its luck, choice and timing.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
Iamhatey:

Don't quote me

can you have the nerve to tell your parents what you just said here
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by AndyAustin(m): 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2016
i just hope she reads this... i hope somehow this girl see this write up on time.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2016
Was a Victim of numba 3 cry cry[color=#990000][/color] Was late wen I got to realised i've lost him!!!Damn#wen babe was jst a girl#

1 Like

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by jclassiq(m): 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
Xensity:

How can a standard turn out to be flawed and imperfect? Say a standard a woman sets for herself is to get married to a man who is more intelligent than she is. If she actually does get married to this man, how can it turn out "flawed?" And what are the chances that being pressured into getting married to someone who is less intelligent than she is, wouldn't turn out more "flawed and imperfect?"

I think threads like this are sort of platitudinous. It's premise is the prevailing mantra in our Nigerian society- That Ladies should look past so called superficialities and high standards they set for themselves and give other men a chance, blah blah blah. Every girl has heard this sort of advice.

Propositions like this aren't entirely bad, but they are predicated on shallow perceptions of relationships, that aren't thoroughly pondered. Too much importance is placed on running against the aging clock, and getting married early, which places too much pressure on the individual, which invariably leads to making wrong choices, while less importance is placed on what the individual wants and how settling for less would affect the relationship in the long run.

u make very valid points. However we cant dispute the fact that the marriage institution itself is about taking chances. For instance its impossible to have every quality you want from just one man, and so there must be some element of compromise. I guess the man is suggesting that you single women need to be a bit more realistic and more accepting in your interactions with potential suitors. Every lady deserves a decent partner, and so does every man. So i believe that rule of thumb is that every lady desiring any sort of guy shld endeavor to be the type of woman who attracts such a man. And I don't support the idea of women lowering their standard just to get married, either. I think that is the most destructive piece of advice given to women.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by obowunmi(m): 11:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
The truth of the matter is that friendship is the core of most relationships.

If the friendship isn't there, is marriage still possible.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by auditor1981: 11:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
ok
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Boyooosa(m): 12:16am On Oct 11, 2016
interested in judges arrested and released biko!
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 1:13am On Oct 11, 2016
carmag:

can you have the nerve to tell your parents what you just said here
which century are you from Any YES, it's my life undecided
Onogiede:
I only sight a lesbian & dn't quote me
so
michael142:

Big toto
WTF is that undecided

3 Likes

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 2:44am On Oct 11, 2016
You think say na everybody go scxhool abi? Werey
Xensity:

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Stanbeto: 5:19am On Oct 11, 2016
Na so onye nkem
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 11, 2016
Yet another stupid topic by men trying to force marriage down women's throats. I opened the thread thinking I would see the supposed 'unreal' factors as they pertain to both men and women but no, it's another attempt by men to make women think they can't exist without them.

Thank God for the few sensible men that have sense to know marriage is not a life or death issue. When you force everyone to marry you put mentally unstable people who shouldn't be anywhere near marriage in life ties with sane people and they end up creating disturbed children and dysfunctional homes and worsening societies problems I don't know why many people are too dense to understand this simple fact.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Iamdipson(m): 5:32am On Oct 11, 2016
Xiadnat:
One should make list of what they want in suitors, but be flexible and willing to hold loosely to the list--

I have my "lists of non-negotiable", "deal breakers" and I will not settle for less. If it means remaining single, then so be it. Point blank.
Lol. Be deceiving yourself.
Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 11, 2016
emusmithy:

My perspective is as lovely as yours. #even

It really isn't as lovely as his.
Doesn't even come close

2 Likes

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by HENRY940: 6:10am On Oct 11, 2016
Xensity:

Eh, tenku, but if u carry this mindset, very soon u will carry mud and make som1 according to ur taste, because as far as standards go, no one on this planet will meet urs perfectly, u go still have to do some pimping and tweaking, that is the fun of a union or else union will be boring.
The earlier u realize the truth that "no one was put on this planet to meet ALL of ur needs" , the beta...... Good luck undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by uzolexis(f): 6:26am On Oct 11, 2016
Xensity:

you know the most annoying part? It is always women who have to lower their standards, never the man. Men can aim for a beautiful, working class, homely and all their ridiculous criteria but a woman is not allowed to have hers and these topics keep getting on fp regularly, topics insulting and degrading women everytime. NL is a perfect reflection of our society and it's shameful.

Marriage is not compulsory, leave women alone, stop judging women based on their marital status.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 11, 2016
Iamhatey:

Don't quote me

OP is saying something really fantastic, you're saying another thing, in fact come here!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by goingape1: 6:51am On Oct 11, 2016
Xiadnat:
One should make list of what they want in suitors, but be flexible and willing to hold loosely to the list--

I have my "lists of non-negotiable", "deal breakers" and I will not settle for less. If it means remaining single, then so be it. Point blank.
I once got a female friend like you!

right now as we speak she is running mad!

do join her soon.

1 Like

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 11, 2016
goingape1:
I once got a female friend like you!

right now as we speak she is running mad!

do join her soon.

Make I believe say you they play with your comment

I am like that and today I cant thank my stars enough for being like that ... Yea all my non-negotiable has been checked
"Till death do us part" is too long to be unhappy

1 Like

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by kufre2010: 7:02am On Oct 11, 2016
mmmh

Re: 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage by goingape1: 7:04am On Oct 11, 2016
favoured234:

Make I believe say you they play with your comment

I am like that and today I cant thank my stars enough for being like that ... Yea all my non-negotiable has been checked
"Till death do us part" is too long to be unhappy
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am About To Tell My Fiancee My Secrets Please Advice / 8 Qualities Of A Desperate Husband/boyfriend Snatcher / Amnesty International"s Same-Sex Goal For 2022 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.