Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,633 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

"Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe (22580 Views)

Youth Leader Kills Huge Camel To Celebrate Buhari's Return In Bauchi State. PICS / Guys Celebrate Buhari's Return By Drinking Water & Fanta From The Ground (Photos / Excited Youths Parade "Customized" Cow To Celebrate Buhari's Return. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe by ElsonMorali: 8:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
ephi123:

Same president who is flying haphazardly all over the world for various unproductive meetings, does that look like a president willing or able to tackle any of Nigeria's issues? Not to mention the money going into maintaining his fleet, met an empty treasury indeed! If he is serious, he should adopt austere measures as the rest of the country has been forced to do.

Secondly, this is the same govt that has NO tangible policy in place, it is quite obvious they had no plan for leadership. Worse still, they make and reverse all manners of 'policies' making the business environment even more volatile, does that seem like a govt that knows what it's doing?

It is completely stale to sit and blame Jonathan, if there is evidence supporting all the money he and his cronies looted, why is he still a free man today? Why hasn't he been prosecuted and jailed? Oh I forgot, the same govt pointing fingers is full of thieves.

I couldn't give a hoot about who is in power as long as they work and this govt is clearly NOT working.

It's easy to say the president is flying haphazardly all around the world and it's also easy to say that the meetings are unproductive.

You have neither an iota of what transpired at those gatherings to label them unproductive. I don't want to believe that you actually think that life works like an electric switch whereby you flip a switch and all of Nigeria's problems disappear.

The money going into maintaining his fleet of jets which the last administration bought with money we could have used to develop the agricultural sector. Why hasn't the president sold off the fleet? I won't pretend to know the answer to that neither do you.

You say the government has no tangible policy in place, yet the minister of finance comes out regularly to give updates on financial roadmaps they've planned for economic recovery.

Ditto the minister of works, power and housing.

Is it more like a case of you aren't just interested because it's your arch enemy buhari at the elms of affairs? I guess only you can answer that.

Then comes the icing on the cake, if Jonathan we're guilty why hasn't he been prosecuted.

This assertion made me pause and consider maybe you aren't residing in Nigeria. It's just like someone saying Diezani Alison Madueke is innocent because she hasn't been indicted yet.

Yeah. Just like Ibori was innocent here in Nigeria before the courtsin London found him guilty.

It's only people who have decided to bury their heads in the sand that don't know that Jonathan is an embezzler of public funds. His wife confirmed this when she asserted ownership of the millions of dollars in her account. Same millions that would have provided economic buffer for these hard times.

I'm not just indulging in blame game and I'm surprised you don't see that.

Blaming them won't bring back our money.

Get them prosecuted. Recover our money. Make a good example out of them.

If we don't do that we have already failed in nation building. No nation thrives on a foundation of injustice.
Re: "Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe by Forwetinnah: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
rlauncher:

I have always believe this government should ignore those criticising it and go ahead and implement its programs and take responsibility for it. It is very obvious that most of those who criticise the FG are only interested in its downfall. See the crap this one is writing here.

...another joker on the prowl. Name 2 programmes the present administration has implemented, just 2 with credible evidence. See your government see programme implementation, you go wait taya!!
Re: "Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe by drmikeadams(m): 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
ElsonMorali:

OK. I'm not one to run away from an intelligent discussion. Let's do this.

Now what I'm saying is the treasury has been emptied practically and the money is lying useless in some foreign bank accounts or tied up in some foreign and local real estate.

The courts are like a drunken giant making very slow and undetermined steps. Getting the money back may not be in this decade if the constitution isn't amended.

On the other side, our mono-product economy is suffering a huge blow from two sides i.e low oil price in the market and activities of the Niger Delta terrorists.

So in short, every month that the FG pays salaries and other stuffs to keep the government running and the nation alive means our national reserves are being depleted without substantial income.

The little that comes from internally generated revenues will not last because the govt. doesn't only pay salaries, it also embarks on developmental projects.

The depletion of of our foreign exchange reserves by Jonathan and family and friends is a major contributor to why we have the naira taking a severe beating from the dollar.

Now if all the dollars they skimmed out of our treasury is recovered, we'll be able to weather the storm.

The rest of the world that you say is making progress don't have a mono economy like Nigeria and they have enough in their piggy bank to tide them over any bad economic patch. We don't.

For the last 16years Nigeria earned so much from oil revenue. We didn't diversify our economy, no infrastructure or social amenities we're put in place. Our politicians embezzled everything.

Isn't it fair to wanna get these money back so that we can use it to weather this storm?

Now, if you were in the president's shoes what would you do?
..if i were the president,,i will first of all cut down all the salaries,allowances of all them fat ,greedy politicians in power ...all of them..jumping from pdp to apc by the same cabals wont help this country,,2050 will come and we still be wailing ..
Re: "Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe by ElsonMorali: 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
drmikeadams:
..if i were the president,,i will first of all cut down all the salaries,allowances of all them fat ,greedy politicians in power ...all of them..jumping from pdp to apc by the same cabals wont help this country,,2050 will come and we still be wailing ..

I absolutely agree with you. That would be a good step to take.

Also we don't need a bi-cameral legislature. The upper house should be scrapped.

Unfortunately the Senate won't vote against themselves now would they?
Re: "Nigerians Will Celebrate Buhari Next Year" - Dr. Peter Kwembe by lurdkriss: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2016
By then maybe he will have to rule over just his family and the families of the rich, Cus only them will survive this economy if things go on like this till nxt year. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gambo Jimeta Is Dead! / CBN Had My Approval In Replacing Naira Notes - Buhari / Tinubu Visits Afenifere Leader, Pa Fasoranti In Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.