Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Can I Start A Family With 70k? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Start A Family With 70k? (36961 Views)

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by SAMBARRY: 9:26am On Sep 30, 2016
Swizdom:

I know you mean well SAMBARRY, but most of your advice comes up as generalization. It is just like seeing a depressed man weeping and you say to him, " you will be fine." Of course he knows but wants to be taken through the thought process to be fine.

The way you hammer on "work hard" like it is a prerequisite for success. It is not. Just the same way love alone isn't the prerequisite for a happy home. There people who work extremely hard but what they get the next day is their sack letter. There are people who have worked hard in their business and what they see the next day is fire consuming the whole thing.

I like your advice per se but others here hit the nail more on the head than yours (no offense). I respect you a lot not even on this thread. Life is full of ups and downs. It is a risk but with God it is vert, very easy no matter the circumstance. No wonder King Solomon said everything is about time and chance. I have come to realize that what he meant was that the chance should be taken by us and not wait till it comes. Nice day ahead!
see how person type like gentleman and even though he didn't fully agree with me on my own perspectives he still did it with class and grace.

Thank you jare for the complements.omo luabi. YOUr mother train you well.she will reap from you in Jesus name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Swizdom(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2016
SAMBARRY:
see how person type like gentleman and even though he didn't fully agree with me on my own perspectives he still did it with class and grace.

Thank you jare for the complements.omo luabi. YOUr mother train you well.she will reap from you in Jesus name

Thanks maam... God bless you abundantly. Keep doing your good work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by SAMBARRY: 10:03am On Sep 30, 2016
Swizdom:

Thanks maam... God bless you abundantly. Keep doing your good work.
amen o
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 11:17am On Sep 30, 2016
Kkposky:

70k is enough to start up a family, my brother. Don't mind what people are saying..how many Nigerians are earning more than that.. Most of people saying it is not enough are jobless and dreaming of get a job of 200k.. "may their dreams come true "

God bless you brother. My exact thoughts. Start small and work your way up the ladder.

I've never seen any small and humble beginning that goes down easily. I'm not saying that those that get a fat salary won't go far either.

All I'm saying is starting small teaches one to become more prudent and a good manager of his finances.

If you get the big bucks rolling in, good for you.

I'll always be on the side that if your aim is to get married and you have the means, start early. I'm pushing my younger brother to get married next year. I don't mind supporting him. He's earning a little but with the pillars of the family by his side, he will surely thrive.

Part of the problem we have in the Nigerian ecosystem is we all believe "my money is my money". We always forget that our families prayed for us too. Our younger ones or older ones supported us one way or the other. Let's cast our minds back. I can't say much.

The movie Godfather 1, 2, 3 really shaped my thinking as a young man. I took the positives out of it.

Family support is key for an early start. If the families don't demand much during pre and post wedding, then the OP is good to go.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2016
nuelyoyo:
Truth is, there is never a perfect time to marry, it all depends on the mindset of the would be couple.

Bravò, hombre. Nice words. Make brain wella. cool

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Swizdom(m): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
dfrost:

God bless you brother. My exact thoughts. Start small and work your way up the ladder.

I've never seen any small and humble beginning that goes down easily. I'm not saying that those that get a fat salary won't go far either.

All I'm saying is starting small teaches one to become more prudent and a good manager of his finances.

I'll always be on the side that if your aim is to get married and you have the means, start early. I'm pushing my younger brother to get married next year. I don't mind supporting him. He's earning a little but with the pillars of the family by his side, he will surely thrive.

Part of the problem we have in the Nigerian ecosystem is we all believe "my money is my money". We always forget that our families prayed for us too. Our younger ones or older ones supported us one way or the other. Let's cast our minds back. I can't say much.

The movie Godfather 1, 2, 3 really shaped my thinking as a young man. I took the positives out of it.

Family support is key for an early start. If the families don't demand much during pre and post wedding, then the OP is good to go.

My man, you actually said enough on this thread. Each of your comments comes with it wisdom upon wisdom. I tap into it.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
dfrost:

Bravò, hombre. Nice words. Make brain wella. cool
holla hombre.
I was banned in that section. I'm back now.
Como pasaste la manana
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 6:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
Iamhatey:
holla hombre.
I was banned in that section. I'm back now.
Como pasaste la manana

Ha? Who banned my español señora?

Anyway, welcome back.

Muy bien. Como es ta? Buenas noches, mujèr.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
dfrost:

Ha? Who banned my español señora?

Anyway, welcome back.

Muy bien. Como es ta? Buenas noches, mujèr.
gracias

Buenas noches hombre

See you in that thread
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 7:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
Iamhatey:
gracias

Buenas noches hombre

See you in that thread

Sí, señora.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 7:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
Swizdom:

My man, you actually said enough on this thread. Each of your comments comes with it wisdom upon wisdom. I tap into it.

My brother the wisdom is God's. Life can really teach you if you truly want to learn. Hope your day went well?

Tú habla español, señor?

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Skoopy(m): 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
Iamhatey:
holla
Gracias. Tú hablo éspanol

gracias tambien mi amigo espanol.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Skoopy:

gracias tambien mi amigo espanol.
holla

Tú escribo in éspanol
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Skoopy(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
Iamhatey:
holla

Tú escribo in éspanol

solo aprendiendo
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by DaGeneral(m): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
My guy, it's not about the the pay rather it's about the person(s).i have seen single guys earning over 200k monthly and on monthly basis borrow money from married with kids guys earning 70k. I have read through the different comments both for and against.
Personally 70k can start a family but I will advice you work for atleast a year, to study
1. Job nature/security and salary pattern.
2. Other available sources of income.( madam's income is not another source of income ooo.. She is someone's daughter/sister b4 becoming your wife, she has people she needs to support just like you thus her's should be to support you cos na you jejely go waka go tell her papa sey you want take responsibility from him, so brace up).
3. Family demands as becoming an income earner.
With this informations you will know how to sustain and maintain your proposed family.
I might no be taking my family at the moment to Dubai for vacation but if them wan chop fried rice with chicken them go get am, my daughter may not be in greenville schools for now but hey I don't fail or borrow to pay her fees,i don't even live for now in the mainland talk more of the island but I sleep at night peacefully in the inland knowing I will not wake up to crazy rent increments. I can go on and on.. Bottom line is, so long as you can provide the basic family amenities bros take the plunge..“we nor go fear darkness com piss on top bed na".Life as I see am na every mallam to his kettle.
Caveat Emptor:All the above will be a nightmare if you marry the wrong partner o cry
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 8:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
Skoopy:

solo aprendiendo

Sí, beuno.

Join us at the thread for those learning espanol. Adiós, hombre. Buenas noches.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
DaGeneral:
“we nor go fear darkness com piss on top bed na".Life as I see am na every mallam to his kettle.

This your phrase do scatter my brain. One bottle of, of, of.... Eva water for you. cheesy grin My type of homie that hits it on the head. I for say make we hang out one day but make we dey yarn for NL small small. If you dey make correct comment, I go follow you for back. Lemme have a peek at your past comments/posts.

I avoid some monikers on NL like tomorrow no dey. Some too dey carry matter for head like gala.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Skoopy(m): 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
dfrost:

Sí, beuno.

Join us at the thread for those learning espanol. Adiós, hombre. Buenas noches.

buena noche también querida
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by DaGeneral(m): 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
Bros you harsh o.. Even Bible say take a little wine for the stomach sake...loll
Nothing do you bros,i hardly comment unless where my personal experience n encounters can help..
dfrost:

This your phrase do scatter my brain. One bottle of, of, of.... Eva water for you. cheesy grin My type of homie that hits it on the head. I for say make we hang out one day but make we dey yarn for NL small small. If you dey make correct comment, I go follow you for back. Lemme have a peek at your past comments/posts.

I avoid some monikers on NL like tomorrow no dey. Some too dey carry matter for head like gala.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 4:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
DaGeneral:
Bros you harsh o.. Even Bible say take a little wine for the stomach sake...loll
Nothing do you bros,i hardly comment unless where my personal experience n encounters can help..

No worry. From water, we will migrate to wine. smiley grin.

On your last comment, same with me.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by DaGeneral(m): 9:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
dfrost:

No worry. From water, we will migrate to wine. smiley grin.

On your last comment, same with me.
Base on say na from clap dem dey enter dance.. No lele mk the Eva water big size then.. wink
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
DaGeneral:

Base on say na from clap dem dey enter dance.. No lele mk the Eva water big size then.. wink

Your head dey there my gee. Salute!
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 03, 2016
dfrost:

well said. cool
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 11:09am On Oct 03, 2016
DaGeneral:

I've gone through your posts, almost all make sense. Which shows that you must either be Gen X or early Gen Y. I'm following you now. wink
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dfrost: 11:10am On Oct 03, 2016
VikingsOO7:

well said. cool

Thanks brotherly. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by minibus(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2016
Handsomecole:
I don't know how to advice you. But Ist minus 22K bag of rice from your salary.

Even at that, is it every month they Will finish a bag of rice??
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by minibus(m): 8:51am On Oct 22, 2016
zubby55:
It depends on how you plan yourself...am earning 70k in Abj and still leaving very fine with my family and I hve also build a house by God's grace I will move in next year before my rent expires

Motivated bro
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by shugasofttouch: 10:20am On Jan 03, 2017
pamelga:
I just got a job dat pays 70k per month couple with other allowances. Considering the economy, can I begin a family with this pay...
Advice please!
. Hmmm lucky you. Me I'm praying to God for my man to earn as lil as 40k so we can settle sown cos we've waited 4 too long.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Olumyyde(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hmmm lucky you. Me I'm praying to God for my man to earn as lil as 40k so we can settle sown cos we've waited 4 too long.
GOD in HIS infinite mercy will show u favor and surpass ur expectation, in JESUS name, amen.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by ThinkSmarter: 8:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
Planning matters alot .
Never! never! be pushed to live to impress people and feel bitter inside like for e.g Sending ur kids to a school that will drain ur income bc Mr Mike's kids re there while there re modest ones where ur kids can be well taught.
Or going to spend a huge sum of ur money to rent flats in high profile environment just to show off while u re dying inside.
Learn to live within ur limits.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by diva90: 8:46am On Jan 04, 2017
No you can't! Unless you live in a very remote area where expenditure is minimal. If you live in an urban city like lagos, no you can't! You earn roughly 840k per annum. By the time you pay house rent, take care of your personal needs, transport and feed yourself, you will have barely 100k or nothing left talkless of when you have to carter to yourself, spouse and probably a new baby, also do factor in recession and how things have changed, price of everything has gone up. How would u even fund a wedding with 70k salary? The only way you will be able to cope is if you marry a woman who has a job and makes some money for herself, someone who can help support you. Other than that, I would say, take some time out to establish yourself some more

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help / People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.