Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Can I Start A Family With 70k? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Start A Family With 70k? (36932 Views)

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by AreaFada2: 11:19am On Sep 27, 2016
OP you can. But be realistic. You have not told us if you have a fiancee already & if she too works.

If you are prudent & even more important if your wife is prudent, you can.

Let your future wife know your income. You both sit down and consider what lifestyle your joint income can afford you and how to manage. That way, you can both decide when to start having kids & how many.

Your accommodation cost, cost of travel to work, clothing, food & utility costs would be critical in your decision.

Then comes your obligations to others like parents & siblings if applicable.

After analysing all these, you may have to be very frugal & save hard for around a year before taking the plunge. With around 350k saved & sitting in your account. Good luck!
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Chingyyang(f): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2016
No oh you can't, just be giving me the 70k every month...... L0L
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Forwetinnah: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2016
For this day and time...except you have another source of income, twill be difficult. Anyways Goodluck!!
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Lexusgs430: 11:23am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
I just got a job dat pays 70k per month couple with other allowances. Considering the economy, can I begin a family with this pay...
Advice please!

Does your other half work or trade?
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Charly68: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2016
This question should be thrown at the woman you want to marry . She will tell you the reality my brother. Forget about every other advise ,your wife to be is a major determinant..will she be able to endure with you even if you lose your job suddenly ..many variables come in on this matter . I tell you that if your woman says yes,then go ahead and marry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by mousco(m): 11:25am On Sep 27, 2016
Oboy for dis buhari administration ? Postpone ur family plan. I spend more than that and am still single. Anyway think carefully n be prayful abt ur plans let God order ur steps. The woman might also bring good things to u who knows
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 27, 2016
Hammefeez:

I wish to learn many language as possible.
please!!!! how can I?
we are both looking for it sir wink. You can mention me when you find one smiley
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by bigerboy200: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2016
people start families with 25-30k sef....and they are doing fairly ok...it's all about cutting your coat according to your cloth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by bankybobo11: 11:28am On Sep 27, 2016
OP, marry a wife that will be earning 300k per month. Stop thinking as if your wife will be earning nothing
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by hrykanu231(m): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2016
Olumyyde:
Brother, with GOD ,determination n contentment,u sure can..i earn about 83k monthly n I'd be wedding in two months time by GOD'S grace. My fiancee is a diligent nurse,n I've also told her i dont cross my bounds to impress anyone. my brother,we can.cheers!

Kai! My brother, how are u guys doing this marriage thing? I earn something very reasonable(the economy not withstanding) but I still feel it's not OK for marriage. How did you make up your mind with just 83k...please help a brother with suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by henryelfhel: 11:29am On Sep 27, 2016
Bro. It is simple get a lady that works too, may be she may be earning 50k or 70k. Because 70k in present Nigeria my dear, you are bringing sadness to yourself.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by iredia77(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2016
niggi4life:
[b]OP, Sure you can considering some listed factors which other NLders stated.

First, Never marry a woman who is not working, e.g A Student or just a stay at home girl.( They will only drain your lean income faster)

I find it so irritated seeing girls of nowadays doing NOTHING, Some dont go to school, just wearing expensive clothes, shoes and Phones and going to parties with friends( Very Common around S/Lere and Yaba Axis.

Some just sit down at home, always on their phones and chatting their lives away.
Look for a decent homely girl who earns a decent living, be it a Nurse, A fashion designer, a marketer, a teacher, she doesn't have to be a white collar job woman.

Be open with her about your income, don't start forming Dangote when indeed you are a hustler.
Above all, work harder and pray harder, luck shines on everyone, only time can tell when your own sun will shine.

Last bullet, avoid excessive gambling, drinking and wayward life and save a bit, i guess you should be fine by then[/b]
Very on point bro, never marry a lady that isn't working even if u earn #200k a month, she can frustrate u.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by OlujobaSamuel: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2016
i know of a couple in lagos that the joint salary for the month is not more than 60k and they are doing well, which kind question be dis? the point is, the day you derive satisfaction with whatever your income is, you start dying.
make your decision, carry the cross, with just few months you will correct the decision's errors.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by odomanis: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
I just got a job dat pays 70k per month couple with other allowances. Considering the economy, can I begin a family with this pay...
Advice please!

It is more than enough to start a family. You are even lucky you earn that much plus other allowances.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by chigoziri2403(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2016
O. P.,
IT DEPENDS ON THE FOLLOWING,
DO YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY SOMEHOW DEPEND ON YOU?
WHATS THE EDUCATIONAL STATUS OF YOUR FIANCEE?
WHATS HER TAKE HOME PAY LIKE?
IS SHE THE EXTRAVAGANT TYPE?
DOES HER FAMILY DEPEND ON HER?
these are some pertinent questions you need to ask yourself?
as per marriage, it's a state of mind? you might earn millions and still not be ready,
just have it in mind that with time an egg will fly.

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Kgdavid(m): 11:33am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
Advice please!

My only piece of advice to you today is that you should use wisdom to sift out the wise responses from that of toddlers in this thread. Ultimately, the decision is yours, and you should be able to discuss with your partner, to determine how you both can make it work.

Remember that we are here on earth but for a breath or two and then we are gone: don't spend all of your life planning for how to live it, without actually living!

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by zubby55(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2016
It depends on how you plan yourself...am earning 70k in Abj and still leaving very fine with my family and I hve also build a house by God's grace I will move in next year before my rent expires

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by OlujobaSamuel: 11:36am On Sep 27, 2016
hrykanu231:

Kai! My brother, how are u guys doing this marriage thing? I earn something very reasonable(the economy not withstanding) but I still feel it's not OK for marriage. How did you make up your mind with just 83k...please help a brother with suggestions.
are you in lag, how far is your work to home, is your potential wife working or self employed, what kind of social life do you have, are you the egocentric type that always wanna show off, etc, on location, if you are not in lag, which city are you?
give honest review to all that and you get a solution, appreciate your needs and wants.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by wizaro(m): 11:37am On Sep 27, 2016
Op..pls go ahead ooo..there is no gain I must tell u if u eventually marry late.. Imagine training a child at 60plus.. because probably u married at 40 or more.. Pls planning and understanding between u and ur wife is d main thing.. Plan well..I know of a friend who started with 40k income and now earns 50k..Cut ur clothe according to ur size.. Live according to ur income. Above all God should be in ur marriage. Above all never u marry a lazy woman.. Who can't bring anything to d table.. No marry all dis chewing gum Sidon dey paint hand girls. Pls never date dem self I beg u if u want to succeed marry an industrious woman who works or is good into biznes.. And u both should sit down an calculate ur cost and expanses on d kind of family u both want.. Gradually u will get there.. He dat finds a good wife an industrious wife finds a good thing. Succ

6 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by evictor305: 11:38am On Sep 27, 2016
You can brother, all u need do is PLAN. As the wise one says he who fails to plan is planning to fail. You need a prudent partner too. Believe me even if you earn 500k a month without proper planning and right partner, you can find yourself in great mess. I wish u all the best bro

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Originalsly: 11:38am On Sep 27, 2016
You just got the job...guess not received your first salary as yet. We can't make that call for you...you have to. Wait for a few months to see how well you can manage your total income being single....if you can't save half... then you can't afford to maintain a family with the same standard of living.....if your wife is not working.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by basadenet: 11:39am On Sep 27, 2016
Though paltry N70k may look small but that does not mean you can't start a family if you want to me. And if you think you want to wait till when you start collecting N500k before you get married then you may likely not got married. My advice from real life experience, please go ahead and over time things will change for better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by MadCow1: 11:43am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
Advice please!

NO!!!!

Unless you have no plans of living a half decent lifestyle with your family.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by CephasTK(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2016
First thing you should consider is the your "location"; then your "house rent fee ratio to your income"; likewise "distance between your house to your place of work, I mean cost of mobility" and most importantly who your spouse is, will determine if you can actually settle down with that amount.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by chinnyonwu(m): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2016
Dont do it man. I would still advise the same as at last year, not to talk of today
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Miladi(f): 11:49am On Sep 27, 2016
Joel3:
it's advising you build your house first. even if its BQ. then you can complete the main flat or duplex later.

because when bills start to surface then you will know 70k is chicken change. except you want to suffer. my friend who had a wife and one child stock his fridge every week with meat 10k only. other food items is not among. just imagine that your money for food, rent, change of clothes at least 2 clothes a month u and kid each.

I spent more than that amount a month. I don't know how I do it but I don't have a family.

not forgetting that I relax always with few drink daily. life is too short bro. so decide for yourself.

lalasticlala, seun.

What an advice - a whack one I must say (no insult intended on your personality).

Wise people build their business before building their private estate. Obviously, the OP is working in the urban area in Lagos, so how's he going to afford money to buy land and start the possible one room project? Or, is land now free of charge in Lagos state? Don't tell me that he should go look for land in one of the villages near the state, because when you factor in the cost of transportation and stress of commuting from a far distance to a city centre, you would begin to understand the maxim penny wise pound foolish.

At the OP, the standard of life you intends to live should be the yardstick to determine if you can start famliy now or not. But remember, wise people always live their lives at the periphery of conventionlism. Create your life path and encrypt it. Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by captainD567: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2016
You just got a job that pays 70k and u think you have arrived? Ur head is now reasoning marriage not even girlfriend. That means u never chop street money that's why 70k is big to u, 2mar wen u start sufferin u will say its from the village. Well i will advice you to respect urself use that 70k and arrange urself chop better food and find a gud job. (SAVE FIRE)

4 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Empredboy(m): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2016
Olumyyde:
Brother, with GOD ,determination n contentment,u sure can..i earn about 83k monthly n I'd be wedding in two months time by GOD'S grace. My fiancee is a diligent nurse,n I've also told her i dont cross my bounds to impress anyone. my brother,we can.cheers!
bro marry First and see what that 83k will do for you within a year. See marriage is different from boy friend girl friend relationship. The life we are now we need money to keep our home and if that doesn't come that is when you see people stealing and fefruading
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Kingy10: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2016
Handsomecole:
I don't know how to advice you. But Ist minus 22K bag of rice from your salary.
Lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
What do you mean
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Empredboy(m): 11:58am On Sep 27, 2016
Olumyyde:
bro marry First and see what that 83k will do for you within a year. See marriage is different from boy friend girl friend relationship. The life we are now we need money to keep our home and if that doesn't come that is when you see people stealing and defrauding at places of work. 5 yrs and still counting with God on ourside no be beans.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Feanah(f): 12:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
zubby55:
It depends on how you plan yourself ...am earning 70k in Abj and still leaving very fine with my family and I hve also build a house by God's grace I will move in next year before my rent expires
This is the best advice for you,coming from someone who earns the same amount as you do.Just learn to cut your coat according to your size.
I hope your wife is the simple type too,who can manage funds well (&if possible,start earning something no matter how little it is)+ doesn't have too much expectations.If she is,I think you are good to go...I wish you all the best.
Mr Zubby55 I hope you get to finish your house when you want to too,best of luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by youngalex(m): 12:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
i don't know why most ladies are silent on this ,their honest contributions will enable the Op plan his life well,for me i suggest you find a Conservative,Smart and Working Class lady,with her the Sky is the Starting Point

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help / People Exchange Kids, Clothes For Food To Survive Hard Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.