Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Can I Start A Family With 70k? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Start A Family With 70k? (36896 Views)

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Cheating Husband From Benue State Destroys Family With HIV/AIDS (must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by ItuExchange(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2016
Yes, that's possible. You simply buy want you need, not what you want, and you avoid all unnecessary expenses.

You're blessed if you wife also earns an income. The sad thing is that, millions on Nigerians earn far less than this.

I wonder how they survive.

Neteller here: .com.ng

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Pavore9: 10:55am On Sep 27, 2016
If you have a wife who is also earning, it will help out.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by maryhaam(f): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2016
No one is asking if the wife is working,if she is marriage is a synergy, if you are earning 70 n she is earning something too,that cool,fr a start.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Deen77: 10:56am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
It's not the main focus but it's important I start considering it...I'm a guy and based in Lagos.

Don't marry a liability and a lazy woman.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by miqos02(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2016
yes
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by soberdrunk(m): 10:57am On Sep 27, 2016
Why not? My security man dey run family of "8" on 25k salary, "Planning" is key........

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by davidigomanel: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2016
Possibly Bros. Look for opportunities to increase ur cash too like mmm for just 20k.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by KayodeAjani: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2016
Brother no amount of salary that you are been paid can sustain you in a family race survival

Only God can

So my advice is yes you can with 70k

If you trust God

8 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dayveed1(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2016
70k lol
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Handsomecole(m): 10:59am On Sep 27, 2016
I don't know how to advice you. But Ist minus 22K bag of rice from your salary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by divinelove(m): 10:59am On Sep 27, 2016
Yes if u will stay in face me I slap u apartment cool

2 rooms in face me I slap u apartment in any town is abt 6k monthly or 72k yearly n could b less.

On d slip side considering d allowance u will get if ur wife to be works n brings in at least 40k monthly u shld b fine n can even start on a one bedroom flat of abt 180k yearly.

All in all ur location is a big factor to d purchasing power of ur money beyond buhari recession
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by olarent: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2016
May b u should wait till u secure 700k job beta go and marry anyway it depends on ur age shall but if u know u are dew for marriage start it now God we bless u more

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Hammefeez: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2016
Iamhatey:
I'm a lady please

Exactly, I don't miss my training everyday. I think I can write in it but can't really speak it.

Seriously, I wish to speak all the languages in this world cheesy. I admire your dad

I wish to learn many language as possible.
please!!!! how can I?
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by wwee: 11:02am On Sep 27, 2016
its about what you and your wife to be believe,
for me its ok, some dont earn upto that but they are surviving with their family though locations matter. for now work for about a year and see how much you can save before making the decision.
Good luck
but Economy get as e be oo
even to survive alone no easy.

#wwefan#

for wwe info and videos
check my signature

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by youngboss1(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2016
first ask yourself can you sustain only your mouth and have other things going with that yourself. Your answer will be able to guide you on this .
pamelga:
I just got a job dat pays 70k per month couple with other allowances. Considering the economy, can I begin a family with this pay...
Advice please!
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by hadura29(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
I just got a job dat pays 70k per month couple with other allowances. Considering the economy, can I begin a family with this pay...
Advice please!

Bro Mindset matters ooo, if your mind carry am, then you have got the right heart. One thing you should also note is that *don't look at your friends way of life oo, I meant a those ones saying how much be my salary wey I wan feed another person*. We all have them around us, if you wait till you start earning big, bro, time would have long gone. With God all things are possible. I am a contact worker and I am planning my wedding for next year.

Gods be bro..

4 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 27, 2016
Am just passing oo,, godforbid if I'll be getting 70 k monthly by age 28
I gas aim higher. The hustle is real undecided
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by ventq: 11:05am On Sep 27, 2016
SAMBARRY:
exactly what I was about saying

Op do you know how much house rent is alone talkless OF other bills

The cheapest and decent house in Lagos is starting FROM 100k upwards and that is even self contained

If you're talking about 3 bedroom flat it's 200k upwards

Abi you want to live in face me I slap you where over 24 people will be sharing one toilet and bathroom, where they'll be stealing your wife's pant or your clothes.when you're fuckig your wife your neighbours will know and when your neighbours are having sex you will know.that one is gbo gbo ero house. Everyone will be in your buisness giving you solicited and unsolicited advice ON how to live your life.meanwhile your neighbours can be hemp smoker or drunkard. It's 24k per year but I can assure you you won't enjoy your life living there

You will still pay nepa bills
buy generator
fuel it (especially when the kids start coming )
Your wife has needs you will satisfy her otherwise she's leaving. A woman's tolerance level to poverty differs
You will buy food stuffs
To refill gas cooker you're talking of 4,500
The cheapest private school in Lagos is at least 80k.how do you want to cope?

You better get your priorities straight. Marriage is not your problem now get a job or start a buisness, get comfortable before you turn to a wretched frustrated and angry or violent man
We know ur type

5 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by DifferentBoy1(m): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2016
B4 nkor
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by MicroBox: 11:08am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
Advice please!
Your question is so childish and easily tells your age bracket..
My friend go and marry that lady if you are truly in love with her, everything will fall in place later..
You can own a house, car and turns of wealth in a day but you can't have baby(ies) in one day..

4 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by pedrilo: 11:09am On Sep 27, 2016
i currently face this same issue too, but i decided to shelve marriage plans for my building which i''ll soon complete b4 i clock 30. people make marriage look so scary that one begins to wonder if the sayin that "he who finds a wife, finds a good thing" is still correct.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by doskie(m): 11:10am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
Advice please!
depends on where you are. If its a mega city, then its difficult.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
Advice please!
My guy a family shouldn't be on your priority list right now. Where is the job security? No matter where you live, think about nepa bills, transportation, feeding, house rent etc.

Won't your woman make her hair? Consider the recession wahala where price of things is almost 3 times expensive.

Things will surely get better someday but that 70k monthly pay will obviously not take you to the promise land at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by GdexFolami(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Of course smiley......that's if you live in the jungle with no electricity, no rent and no bills.....it possible smiley
thief!!!
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by dubbiskelly(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2016
No try am!!! No go put person daughter through hardship for no reason.
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by oluxy(m): 11:13am On Sep 27, 2016
I know who is running his family with 10k as salary and God is helping though he also do some extra lesson job.

Put all in God hands n make ur decision.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Sanchez01: 11:14am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
Advice please!
Certain questions you have to answer like most people pointed out;

Is your apartment meaningful enough to allow for coupling?
Distance from your home to your work place.
Would I be marrying a woman who would fully depend on me or someone who's working?
Do I have siblings who would need my help and reach out for me to help every now and then?
Is my job security guaranteed? If no, what other options do I have should this fail?
Am I going to solely rely on my income or source for other means as soon as possible?
Would the person I'd be getting married to key into my 70k salary plan?
How extravagant is she?
Do I have plans to study further?

I believe these should answer your questions and motivate you either positively or otherwise.

PS: A family shouldn't be your priority for now, since you mentioned that you just started the job. It would be wise if you take some time out to save and put some things in place before thinking of settling down.

1 Like

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by ariesbull: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2016

Job Descriptions

Identify opportunities, produce leads and book appointments for the sales force with the emphasis on high quality leads.
Develop creative pitches and propositions aimed at specific industry sectors
Proactively follow up leads generated from canvassing by the account managers.
Use of initiative to identify and follow up opportunities with companies who are not already on the database

Manage the database to a high degree of accuracy to ensure targeted marketing activity can take place to generate new business
Work closely with the marketing team to achieve sales objectives.
Negotiate commercial terms within set guidelines-attend monthly meetings with the Corporate Account Managers to update information and discuss any issues.
Liaise effectively with all departments to ensure customer requirements are met.
Contribute to the team performance by sharing and implementing Best Practice Ideas.

Job Requirements

1 year(s)
Not Specified
Not Specified
Knowledge, Skills, Experience

Computer literate/keyboard skills
At least 1-2 years working within a sales environment preferably in a proactive telemarketing role within the FMCG or Pharmaceutical Industry
Excellent telephone skills
High degree of accuracy
Demonstrated ability to prioritize issues
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s

https://etimesafrica./2016/09/27/job-title-tele-sales-executive/
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by kegoodman: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2016
Guy go and get a wife.u ar ok. And I promise u things will change for good on its own.God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by celestine2015: 11:15am On Sep 27, 2016
No amt is too small to start up a family ;it depends on level of understanding between u and ur wife. Early marriage is still d best. U may not start big now, but u wil enjoy it as time goes on... It's a decision u won't regret.. BTW, some pple both husband and wife earn total of 50k or less and are still living happily..
Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by justmenoni: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2016
Omo see advice, you don't even know Op that much and you have concluded that he should build a house, this kind of advice has led alot of people into further debts.

Let's assume Op is currently residing in a room apartment somewhere in mushin and he works on the island, considering that a room apartment might not be more than 5000 a month, that means op is left with 65,000..then consider other expenses, transportation, bills, misc etc how will it be possible for the op to build that house you have just suggested?

If he's going to build a house, putting into consideration the high price of lands and building materials then it means op will have to save alot, and I'm optimistic that with such salary op might need to spend much more to get to work, maybe he'll end up getting to work late and you know what that'll result in..

Anyway, back to the question..Op I'm not an economist ooo but I'll advise you to first manage or stay a bit where you currently stay and then save up in a year, let's say you manage to save up to 30k a month, that's 360 in a year, then after one year you can rent a mini flat(one room,one living room, one toilet, and kitchen), then get married( doesn't have to be extravagant, just go to the registry blah blah blah).. try to use the remaing money to furnish your place a little bit( you can furnish further later on) but keep small change for foodstuff and transportation, then save 30k again for another 6 months( that should give you 180k, use this to establish your wife, small shop and stock it up a bit, at least to start from somewhere).. use the remaining 6 months to save 30k again and use that to pay your house rent( this way you'll be in the good books of your landlord,)... next year try to save for 6 first 6 months and use part of it to support your wife's business and keep the rest just incase a child come's in between, use the remaining 6 months to save and pay your rent...

Op, I'm not advocating that you shouldn't build a house, but to me, that's not and shouldn't be your top priority for now and shouldn't even be for the next couple of years,.

Joel3:
it's advising you build your house first. even if its BQ. then you can complete the main flat or duplex later.

because when bills start to surface then you will know 70k is chicken change. except you want to suffer. my friend who had a wife and one child stock his fridge every week with meat 10k only. other food items is not among. just imagine that your money for food, rent, change of clothes at least 2 clothes a month u and kid each.

I spent more than that amount a month. I don't know how I do it but I don't have a family.

not forgetting that I relax always with few drink daily. life is too short bro. so decide for yourself.

lalasticlala, seun.

9 Likes

Re: Can I Start A Family With 70k? by Jethrolite(m): 11:19am On Sep 27, 2016
pamelga:
It's not the main focus but it's important I start considering it...I'm a guy and based in Lagos.
70k is enough, if your spouse has her own income and can contribute to the finance of the home else you could be getting yourself in trouble.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Twin Sisters Share The Same Husband / My Mom Is A Troublemaker... I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.