Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Will I Ever Get Married? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will I Ever Get Married? (74632 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Lexusgs430: 4:27am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired

The honest truth be told, marriage is not for all. Would you rather be single and happy or married and miserable?
Self actualization and self fulfillment, you seem to have achieved (but marriage).
We have high achieving single ladies and high achieving single mothers!!!!!!
Its the Nigerian mentality/culture that instills marriage by FIRE or FORCE.
If Mr Right ever comes, Goodluck. If not do what makes and keeps you sane and happy..........

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by InvertedHammer: 4:29am On Oct 04, 2016
/
OP:

If every attempt fails, join a feminist organization.

They will definitely convince you that men and marriage ain't sh1t.

If you can't have it, hate it.
\

2 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Toks2008(m): 4:40am On Oct 04, 2016
EngrAk1991:
E bami womo o Emi na fe love oo I want to love. baby...I should buy you a drink! Whew! My story isn't far from yours oBut relax...it will happen.

For someone not an eye sore, my case is freaking funny. The A loves B but B loves C story is just too real. And they say I'm doing shakara, some even say I'm an intentional bachelorette ( I no fit spell am jare) wetin we go do nau? Finding the One is an herculean task!

Here is my advice: try to live more and not think too hard about it. Treat yourself to some feel good therapy dear...expensive hair(no apologies, trust me it feels goooood to wear them) , nice perfumes (my sis just got the bottle of Marc Jacob that looks like a purse...been stealing it), lovely shoes and put on some lipstick! Ogbeni, live a little by enjoying your spinsterhood while it last. You will soon be responsible for plenty people wink

By the way, I no be your mate for age o...my mama dey presently confused about my status sef. My bestie is married to a guy she met within a year! They met here on NL o( they just saw each other and knew straight up) I never fail to point out their luck to them. No be say guys aren't coming, we just no dey jive ni. A particular Nairalander has turned it to fight for me after I told him straight up its a nono for me after an exchange of about three emails. Wetin person go do nau...we owe ourselves the responsibility of finding the One lest we create dysfunctional homes. I miss the companionship, I miss the sense of being a team mate, I seriously can't wait to procreate, I envy my friends with those wonderful kids mehn...but I want a man who would light me up like a bulb.

You will find... Just relax.

Nah this kind thread dey bring una out of hiding.

I knew there are sweet and decent spinters on nairaland.

As for me I'm just too busy to dey find woman upandan and the way ladies see me on nairaland as a terror to them as a result of my threads no give me hope for nland so I no dey too bother to send mail to any lady....but I still love to meet people anyways so add my number posted on the previous page and let's chat

Please for the records I don't like ladies that form hard nuts o...we are matured individuals and making new friends is the opium of an elite.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Chinwem(f): 4:55am On Oct 04, 2016
@seizethabae

Relax. I went through a disastrous relationship at 27 and almost ruined my life. Thank goodness it fell apart- believe me you DONT want to live shackled to the wrong person for the rest of your life.
At 27 I thought it was over. I turned to God and said its not over till you say so. I met hubby at 28, married at 29.Be nice to everyone regardless but still be discerning as scammers abound.

Yes you have to filter a lot . You know what you want go for it. Don't apologise for your standard because it's you who will live with this person and no one else. be firm and polite. I knew what I wanted but the pressure became too much that I succumbed to some deceitful fellow.

Relax and let God. I ve felt how you feel and people also advised me some time ago.

It's not easy but thank God for what you have now and what is to come. We don't trust Him enough. Trust Him. He won't give you a stone when you ask for bread. Trust Him. Pray. Fast.

4 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by bigdreamx1: 5:18am On Oct 04, 2016
I created this trend some weeks back, my contact is on it. hope to here from you

https://www.nairaland.com/3369932/need-love-lady-should-contact
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by udysweet(f): 5:31am On Oct 04, 2016
It's well with you @op. Very soon you will celebrate

2 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ejohnny39(m): 5:44am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired
You sounded like someone who did something wrong and it is hunting you. Look deep within you and you might find whats actually wrong with you. God will not help you chose

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by mikolo80: 5:59am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

better put signboard for forehead and go to where men are and start screening process

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by mikolo80: 5:59am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

better put signboard for forehead and go to where men are and start screening

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Dyt(f): 6:10am On Oct 04, 2016
odeebee:
Long time Dyt. Missed you@Dyt

undecided undecided undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by rotimi2016: 6:12am On Oct 04, 2016
My dear sister, go and meet ur Pastor, you need to get involved in Kingdom's Assignment in ur chrch and I'm very sure God will meet you at the point of your heart desires as Soon as you stay at ur Divine Duty Post for God! God is not a Debtor of any one and He will Never Fail You IJN! Testimony will follow IJN!

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by VajanahDischaj(f): 6:49am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

marriage is not a priority in any way. many wey dey wan comot. the few happy ones are fine. just focus on ur life plans. I will come force a ring into your cute fingers even if u clock 79.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by masseratti: 6:51am On Oct 04, 2016
Onegai:
There's a difference between dating a guy you're not sure of and dating a guy you are wondering what you're doing there. I have been on dates where I wondered what made my legs come to this place and i have been on dates where I was hoping the guy would like me but inside me I was baffled why I was setting my standards so low.

See, if you think this longings you have and loneliness you feel are bad, try getting married to someone whom in a year's time you think to yourself "maybe I should have waited a bit longer". That is the truth of so many marriages, each spouse thinking "maybe, just maybe if I had stayed a bit longer, the next guy/girl was The One". So don't rush. The only people who can live a happy life in a loveless marriage are those whom are able to effectively distance themselves from any sort of emotion: happiness doesn't carry them away and neither does Sorrow. They are pragmatic to the core. That's less than 15% of the world's population. You're not one of them, because this is getting to you. You get?

If the pressure gets to you, get off social media. Why bombard yourself with a million pics of your classmates posting pictures of smiling babies and happy husbands and blissful peace? You're not jealous, just being sensible: no need to punish yourself looking at cake when you're dieting. You get?

What are your interests? Go find them. It is better to find someone who likes you the way he met you. So if you like going out, it's better to meet a guy in a club than meet him in church and pretend to be what he wants for a ring and dying inwardly. Go pursue your interests.

When you meet a guy, take a look at your list. Find the one thing that you really need, not what you desperately want. The first thing in my list was a Strong Sense of Humour and Wit. But every single witty guy i met didn't want me. Guys are weird, they want girls they can impress, not girls that can match up to their skills. That Intelligence factor you crave, well those guys will friendzone you so quickly for that chick who thinks a Sidney Sheldon novel is deep intellectual thinking and puts up motivational pictures which she barely understands. That's why every wise woman will tell you to "laugh at his jokes and don't crack yours wink". You get?

Live and love your life. Don't wait around for Prince Charming, go out there, attend the ball like Cinderella did. He may be waiting there. Enjoy this minute because you are never getting it back. You get?

You're gonna be fine. Fist bump!
am baffled that you guys don't know that there are males forming female on Nairaland, the op in my opinion, I might be wrong tho is one of them, am not saying the story is not common, but If you read the words very well? you will figure the op out.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 04, 2016
Sempumping:
Op PATIENCE is all you need .

You 'll get married when the time is right ...

Go out ,have as much fun as you can

1 thing I have learnt in relationships is NEVER be desperate .

Love grows ,it's not an overnight feeling

Find 1 thing attractive in 1 of those guys around you and try build a relationship and with time you 'll find yourself in love ...

PATIENCE is the solution to your problem and learn to smile (some guys thought me that )

Person wey get head no get cap ,another get cap no get head

Life

Op, Solution to your problem. Guys are easily attracted to a smiling and welcoming lady. Even me that I'm married, when I smile (genuinely at men), maybe Neigbour or so, I get full attention and most times the flirty ones would try to come closer. What I do is to keep a straight face with men, afterall they know I'm married and its not that I'm super beautiful but you see that smile you give men will make them feel easily attracted to you and see you as a NICE person they can get close to.
Note: I am married with a kid.
Apply this method genuinely and always. I'm sure in no distant time, as you get closer to men and nuture the relationships, your own Man will cling to you as your husband.

3 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by shizle26(m): 7:00am On Oct 04, 2016
Am interested but I cannot see ur pic,put ur pis because am seriously searching for better girl to marry
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ELNODS(m): 7:01am On Oct 04, 2016
same thing happens to me too. I tot I was d only person with such case. those that like me I dont want to be with. Those i like repeatedly told me I can't even date u. it hurts wen u hear such words like u r cute, u have a gud job u r cul but I can't just be wit u. So I am just waiting on God. I'm pretty sure HE has a super plan for me. But e dey pain sha...just keep on keeping on

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by megaik: 7:02am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

Babe trust me your challenge is as follows:
Respect all Men you see both rich and poor( don't tell me you do cuz even from your write up tells me your won't respect unintelligent gentlemen)
2ndly we marry someone we like not loved, it is when u are married that you love who you married.
Thank me later n I wish you good luck.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Deepfreezer(m): 7:17am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

ebe a na ahu kari udi ihe a bu na ala igbo, tell those mounting pressure on u to relax, so so 27years were nwayo onye nke gi ga abia.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Ussy230(m): 7:20am On Oct 04, 2016
will u marry me?

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by yetseyi(f): 7:23am On Oct 04, 2016
mastermaestro:

From your maiden post it is clear that you aren't faced with a famine of suitors, just that you haven't found the one that matches your inner colour. Read and think carefully, my baby sister who got married at the twilight of 2015 actually got married to a guy she initially adjudged a mismatch. She confided in me how she didn't feel anything for him when he first asked her out. For many months her heart never panted a second for him.

I was far away. She called me on the phone one morning to discuss it with me. She told me how she wanted a guy as smart and sociable as myself and a cousin of mine. This guy wasn't close in many respects. That morning I had to open her mind to a few details about love and marriage. Well most important of all, I asked her to go enquire from the Creator of marriage if the dude was right for her. Yes I actually asked her to. Human judgments are usually flawed! It's extremely risky and a huge gamble as well for anyone to rely solely on themselves when choosing a lifetime bedroom mate. This is my belief.

After a few days she called me to tell me she hadn't found out anything yet. Well I told her that the guy was her soulmate. How I knew is something for another day. grin My sweet sister was distraught. cheesy The conversation lost steam and she hung up. grin Few days later she rang me to inform me she had confirmed what I told her. I wasn't interested in how she found out. Today they are married. She is overjoyed. They both call me all the time expressing their gratitude.

Moral lesson:

1. Don't chase after feelings of love.
2. Love is not enough.
3. The weak-looking one is usually the jackpot.
4. The flashy ones usually are a load of pain when you arrive home together.
5. Never lean on your own understanding when making the choice. It's a risk you may never be able to undo.

1000likes
I just had to log in to quote you for reference purposes grin

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by peacekeeping(m): 7:24am On Oct 04, 2016
How will u write all dis epistle without putting ur dp, pray against spiritual husband cus dey perform magic like dis.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Gmekx(m): 7:27am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

You've always been blessed, HE is preparing you for the right time and person. No hurries, everything is under control

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by JONSYN7154: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

DON'T BE DISCOURAGED. GOD IS BRINGING SOMEONE WHO WIL LOVE YOU AND BE YOUR HUSBAND.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by talk2bash42: 7:29am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
if u guys no d level of my seriousness walah iu wont take it as a joke. shams040 im not here to look for patner/husband but to find experience pple to diagnose what could be wrong with me or if it happens to most ladies before they settle down. Experience pple pls respond plsssss
ain't u been Choosey again

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by justiz5(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2016
missjo:

It isn't just one source,i mean reading about it. I actually typed that out from a combined residual memory involving many different books I have read over the years and scholarly write-ups I have come across randomly on the internet.

But I'd love to share with you some books that talk on the subject in parts:
Amazing laws of cosmic mind power
Psychic perception - the magic of extrasensory power
The cosmic power within you
Secrets of the I Ching

All of those are authored by Joseph Murphy.

Robert Greene also gives a little insight on human interactions in:
The 48 Laws of Power
The Art of Seduction

The Art of War by Sun Tzu may have added to my memory too I guess,lol. Though it is purely a political book, it sublimely articulates human interactions.
Same with the works of Niccolo Machiavelli.

For specific books on understanding humans based on the frequency they emit and wavelengths, I can't name specific books off the top of my head. I came across the topic by chance on scholarly articles by biological scientists mostly on the internet and on very educative programs on TV.
But reading a combination of those books up there and many more all point to the same fact.

Lahaye's books on temperaments also might be enlightening.

Was expecting you to mention this book ''Why you behave the way you do''

**Melancholy**
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Hallenjay: 7:34am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palavas keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by studM(m): 7:37am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

Pele op..d gud Lord will soon connect u wit ur desired spouse..only b watchful nd sensitive..mind if i send u a pm?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by HayZee06(m): 7:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Onegai:
There's a difference between dating a guy you're not sure of and dating a guy you are wondering what you're doing there. I have been on dates where I wondered what made my legs come to this place and i have been on dates where I was hoping the guy would like me but inside me I was baffled why I was setting my standards so low.

See, if you think this longings you have and loneliness you feel are bad, try getting married to someone whom in a year's time you think to yourself "maybe I should have waited a bit longer". That is the truth of so many marriages, each spouse thinking "maybe, just maybe if I had stayed a bit longer, the next guy/girl was The One". So don't rush. The only people who can live a happy life in a loveless marriage are those whom are able to effectively distance themselves from any sort of emotion: happiness doesn't carry them away and neither does Sorrow. They are pragmatic to the core. That's less than 15% of the world's population. You're not one of them, because this is getting to you. You get?

If the pressure gets to you, get off social media. Why bombard yourself with a million pics of your classmates posting pictures of smiling babies and happy husbands and blissful peace? You're not jealous, just being sensible: no need to punish yourself looking at cake when you're dieting. You get?

What are your interests? Go find them. It is better to find someone who likes you the way he met you. So if you like going out, it's better to meet a guy in a club than meet him in church and pretend to be what he wants for a ring and dying inwardly. Go pursue your interests.

When you meet a guy, take a look at your list. Find the one thing that you really need, not what you desperately want. The first thing in my list was a Strong Sense of Humour and Wit. But every single witty guy i met didn't want me. Guys are weird, they want girls they can impress, not girls that can match up to their skills. That Intelligence factor you crave, well those guys will friendzone you so quickly for that chick who thinks a Sidney Sheldon novel is deep intellectual thinking and puts up motivational pictures which she barely understands. That's why every wise woman will tell you to "laugh at his jokes and don't crack yours wink". You get?

Live and love your life. Don't wait around for Prince Charming, go out there, attend the ball like Cinderella did. He may be waiting there. Enjoy this minute because you are never getting it back. You get?

You're gonna be fine. Fist bump!
Interesting! I actually read this piece twice to get what you are passing, but its really so on point. Most pple find perfection instead of focusing on the lil positives and turn that to happiness. Nice one sis smiley
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by badguy1(m): 7:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Your present situation is someone else prayer point. . . Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, go to God in prayer, , if it has not happened yet, it means d time has not yet come. . . Cheer up and don't let it trouble you lest you become desperate
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Onegai(f): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2016
UIA04:

Hello can I send you a pm

ok
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by sconp: 8:03am On Oct 04, 2016
KevMitnick:

Wow, I almost thought this was my comment. Couldn't have said it any better.
how well do you love social engineering

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.