Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,645 members, 7,813,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Will I Ever Get Married? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will I Ever Get Married? (74603 Views)

Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? / He Was To Get Married On 2nd Of December But Now He Is Late / ''if You Used This Go And Get Married'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Titilayooni(f): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2016
Babe,I salute you for your courage..am also in the same shoe as you are. In my own case,my younger sister(3yrs older than) got married 4 months ago,u can understand how it would feel? I just decided not to let anyone or anything put pressure on me,I know God is a man that won't lie,allow him to work the wonders in your life...shey"that man" you will be surprised at how easy he will come your way. Just keep on praising God.. To all the ladies in the same situation as us,God will direct Mr.Right our way IJN,we won't miss it maritally cos this phase makes or mar a person. God bless you dear

4 Likes

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Dyt(f): 10:43am On Oct 04, 2016
Funjosh:

Abeg tell me more about the home biz you are doing I mean the working at home biz you are doing before you get your well paid job biko embarassed
You like money ehhh
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Funjosh(m): 10:48am On Oct 04, 2016
Dyt:

You like money ehhh

Ewo.............. i no like money o when e no be woman grin

But i like Dollars, Pounds, Yen, Yuan, Euro, Naira, Cepha, Rand and their other brothers. cool

Did you got my reply on Telegram.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Ezemust: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
Thanks so much for this; @bolded; i would love it both ways i.e the kind of person that i have feelings for and also have feelings for me. Honestly stories like that of your aunt scares me every single day, and if i said i shld go with someone i dont love now hoping love will grow with time,wat if it doesnt?. The ex of mine i talkd about,i dated him for good 3yrs! wishing/praying to God for me to like him,it dint just happen.

dat guy must be a dumebie.for 3yrs no 20 parcent feeling?how on earth!!!!!!
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Dyt(f): 10:52am On Oct 04, 2016
Funjosh:

Ewo.............. i no like money o when e no be woman grin

But i like Dollars, Pounds, Yen, Yuan, Euro, Naira, Cepha, Rand and their other brothers. cool

Did you got my reply on Telegram.

Replied

I have a friend too who does this

www.swiftecurrency.com
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired

I thought I listened to something like this on splash fm Ibadan and I am damn sure it was this question and your question was answered. Nne you will get married in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by berryice(f): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2016
I feel your op..am having same issue...but such is life,still hoping for d best

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by AfterHours(m): 11:05am On Oct 04, 2016
You will find love, humans always do in life.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by KipPushing: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2016
My dear,
the hauz already nailed it.
Live your life as normal as possible, and he'll definitely come along.

It's better to get it right than marry the wrong person. I married a wrong person and had to walk away from the marriage after 3 yrs.
Take your time Love.
Must you even get married??
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by ganshious(m): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
I don't even know where to start or how to explain what my problem is, hopefully i get lucky for the 'problem' to be 'diagnosed'. I'm a 27yrs old lady, finished university very very early and i've been extremely lucky with almost everything in life, but to get a suitor and settle down na palava. Friends/family members keep saying I'm too choosy or not serious.

Honestly, I AM NOT choosy. When the one thing i fast/pray for is for God to link me with the bone of my bone very soon, I even gave up my travelling plans in order to increase my chances of finding a future patner (i know you can meet ur patner anywhere, but na just to shut up people wey don tink say i no dey serious), a close friend even suggested i pend my 'work-from-home business', look for job so i can be leaving the house, and i got lucky within a month or two of dusting my CV i got a fantastic high paid job with no connection (honestly i've always been so lucky when i ask God for anything but i have no idea why he is delaying this). I just dont know how to explain it, the ones i like doesnt like me and the ones i dont have single feelings for will do anything to wife me. I'm not desperate or something, i just want to reach out if I'm the only one having this problem.

There was even a time i made up my mind to accept an ex proposal even tho i have no single feeling for him, i kept hoping/fasting/praying for a miracle to happen so i can at least like him (even if its 20%) bcus hes just too PERFECT, but it didn't just happen. My type of man doesnt need to be extremely rich, tall, handsome like most ladies dream man. He should just be neat, God fearing and have something upstairs biko (i love intelligent guys). Back to the main reason why i created this post; Married women/mature lady out there, has this ever happen to you? I really envy people that love their partners and they are loved back equally. Married women, please, I'm waiting to hear from you.

And for most people that will think I'm looking for a rich guy, believe me i once met a guy that was willing to sponsor my M.Sc in UK if i can be his Mrs, but i will never engage in anything that will bring curse on my head. So my problem is not even money. I'm so sick and tired
well..it happens like that but don't think God is not on Ur side.... I av similar story like urs aldoe not dt similar, a girl av been dating from 200lv forcefully end our affair bcus I don't av a job nd some selfish reasons... I nearly commit suicide but alihamdulilah.. av moved on....if u don't mind we can be friend..take care nd focus. God mercy will surely locate u
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by SUPOL(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
if u guys no d level of my seriousness walah iu wont take it as a joke. shams040 im not here to look for patner/husband but to find experience pple to diagnose what could be wrong with me or if it happens to most ladies before they settle down. Experience pple pls respond plsssss
My dear dats d normal age girls begin to wonder if they will ever get married especially wen dey see their friends marry easily. It's very normal ur not an exception esp in dis Naija where marriage is seen as everything in a woman's life. But then just continue to be good, respect men, and urs will soon come.
Meanwhile those are my specifications but am not available now. God bless u n harken unto ur heart cry.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 11:40am On Oct 04, 2016
i had no idea my post made Fp until few mins ago. i've been reading pple's comment,still on page 6 tho.lol. i wont forgive myself if i forget to reply ur comment after reading everyone's comment(hopefully before d end of today). Thanks. God bless you for ds comment bro.

judaboom:

Frankly, I would not say it's a thing to worry about much. That's how you get married by not worrying about if he would marry you. Obviously you've spent too much time in relationships hoping it leads to marriage and dreaming of that perfect wedding.
What you should avoid is building castles in the air. Be with a man because you want to know him, you don't have to even date him. You like him befriend him. Talk to him when you get a chance find out if he's got a gf very important. Don't build any notions when he starts noticing you more, he just sees you as one more vagina in a world of different kinds of vaginas, it's like seeing ripe mangoes in the market or queuing around junctions to buy corn. It's every where with different flavors. Yours isn't special.
If after three months he hasn't stopped trying to sleep with you and just accept your friendship move on.
If he has then you broaden the scope of your friendship. Talk about work, invite him over on weekends for free food but make sure he's out of your house before 7:00.
If you still like the dude after the 6th month I'd say gradually faze into the romance, he must be used to coming over by then, telling you about work, maybe even gossiping with you, he might tell you about all your other competitors giving you first hand information required to discourage any other babe.
Don't nag him, but scold him when he does things you don't approve of so he knows how you feel about it. If he does it again ignore him. Let his conscience be the judge, see if he doesn't apologise.
Don't starve him of food because you're angry. And don't insult him in public. And when his blindness finally clears. Tell him what you are ready to tolerate in a relationship before you even begin. Let him decide if you are his jackpot or not. If you are then you shouldn't spend more than a year getting him to see you as that golden ticket he wouldn't like to lose.
I'm a dude though you are older and in already in love with someone and I've been learning about her for the past two years and some and this is how she got me thinking of marriage. Though I'm yet to propose. Still you wanted advice and I was seriously bored and decided to oblige you. Hope you read this sha.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2016
I most likely won't. Getting married + having kids is overrated. Maybe i think this way because I'm a guy tho. I don't plan on living long either too

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Funjosh(m): 11:49am On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:
i had no idea my post made Fp until few mins ago. i've been reading pple's comment,still on page 6 tho.lol. i wont forgive myself if i forget to reply ur comment after reading everyone's comment(hopefully before d end of today). Thanks. God bless you for ds comment bro.

Nne please reply my comment too biko embarassed
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by KingTom(m): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Guy!!...... The babe na Asset o! grin.....send PM shaperly... I ready to design your wedding IV for free! grin.......no wait!... Not free... But 50% off! grin
my mail Don crash cry
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 11:55am On Oct 04, 2016
My broda in d lord grin. i tink am gonna get a freelance P.A to read all my pms. grin. how i wan fish out my husband from hundreds of pms in my inbox sef? i no even bother open am. Interested freelance P.A pls holla at ur girl.

chronique:
Brother in the Lord,I see what you're doing. grin grin. However,it won't be nice to move in now. PMs go don plenty and confusion will certainly set in. From experience,we should never allow lighting strike twice in the same place.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 12:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
oya, u are officially my freelance P.A.*fist bump* I hereby hand over my inbox to you. we must find d one by fire by force oo, 50% OFF I.V abi? no wahala.

JeffreyJamez:

Guy!!...... The babe na Asset o! grin.....send PM shaperly... I ready to design your wedding IV for free! grin.......no wait!... Not free... But 50% off! grin
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by debbydee(f): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dear OP

I will advise you to be patient. Work on yourself, attend singles fellowship at fountain of life illupeju every Monday by 6pm. it will really help you.

i am a living testimony.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
AlPeter:
who are you? Like I am very serious. You just describe me to a t. This is truly amazing. But you must understand if the OP is like me LOVE would be a veeeerrrrry big ISSUE. Someone of the same freqquency is her best bet. Trust me if she marries a guy she doesn't love and she later comes across the one she does love, it can became a very big issue. I am not always choosy but once I found something I like I hardly let go.
Finding someone who will be on her exact same frequency may be a stretch,which is why I asked her to marry someone she can tolerate basically.

You're right though.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
afroluxpaint:

you must be too good at what you do missjo. this is me you talking about
at late 30s stil having problem in my choice of woman. im following your advice straight away though ive always had at the back of my mind, i dont need love to marry eventhough there are things i would never compromise.
Goodluck in your search,and thanks for the compliment. smiley
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
deathcomestoall:
I love your comment
kiss
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thanks papi, pls can u send a copy to seizethabae@yahoo.com.

cescky:

I made sure to quote you so that hopefully you will see my message.

Please google and download this book

"Power Of Your Subconcious Mind"
By Joseph Murphy .

If u can't find it alert me I'll send a copy to you.
....this may sound vague but if ur really serious about finding YOUR man. Please just get the book or download it, it's free if u don't get it., I'll help u out . When ur through with this book you will bless me always.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by Eddodoh(m): 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
blazer234:

You shouldnt congratulate her yet. All I see ahead of her is confusion. She will have many guys showing interest in her on nairaland and she will get confused on which to choose among them.
Some nairaland guys don't have sympathy instead they would complicate her situation.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by toby2(m): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
missjo:

Finding someone who will be on her exact same frequency may be a stretch,which is why I asked her to marry someone she can tolerate basically.

You're right though.
bros/sis, can u pls send me the pdf version of this book, I'll like to read it, or maybe the link, I won't mind. Thanks in advance
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 12:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
AlPeter:
I have known about the frequency/wavelength stuff since I was about 8 and have always referred to it has part of the personalty vibrations or the persons air. I have always enjoy studying peoples air and have found must to be simply put annoying or irritating. Though there is a recent cause that has been bordering me since 2 days ago. There's this lady in my area that I just couldn't place her vibrations so have hardly have a conversation with her, don't even greet her. 2 days ago I saw someone walking towards me and the person was BLANK. No vibrations, no personalty, no air, nothing! She got close and I realised it was this Lady and that was the reason I have not been able to place her frequency. She had zero, sorry but this has been disturbing me and its kinda scary. Have aany Idea what it means.
Lol,i completely understand how scary it can be when you can't get a reading from people.LOL. It used to give me that feeling that they might be ghosts in human form. embarassed

To be honest,it might actually be a ghost or spirit-being, these group usually don't have any cellular vibrations that fan emit frequencies. BUT THIS IS JUST AN EXTREME ASSUMPTION, lol. grin
The other explanation is that she's someone who has mastered the act of complete cellular control,its a tough thing to master but I hear there are people who may have been born with the ability to master it.

Why don't you try talking to her one of these days. use her words, body language, and facial expressions to gauge her personality.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
kiss kiss kiss.
missjo:

You're right though.

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by jjman2322: 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dude, Chill out.. Breathe.... Marriage isnt everything..

Nigerians love to believe that marriage is the solution to all of life's problems..

I'm 31, not yet married, and my reason is slightly different.. I moved back to Nigeria a few years ago and I've met dozens of girls but some part of me can't fully trust them.. Seems like these girls over here will say and do anything once they see money..

So for now i'll just focus on business, make some $$, and if the girl comes, good, if not, good..

The way i see it is right now my personal happiness level is 100%, (highest point)

If i get married, theres a chance she will mess up my life and kick me down to 90%, but if shes a great wife i'll still be at 100%.

Moral of the story? If you're really happy with yourself then marriage is just a complement which isnt that big of a deal..

Nigerians need to stop all that marriage nonsense. Average Nigerian over 30 and unmarried is depressed! Who gives a shit..

My estimate is at least 50% of marriages are crappy in Nigeria(cheating husbands, no love, etc), for something that fails so much its amazing how quickly people are willing and craving to rush to it..

If i told you to jump off a building with a 50% chance of survival would you rush and do it?

Chill out habibi.. Go hang out with your friends and enjoy life..

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
toby2:
bros/sis, can u pls send me the pdf version of this book, I'll like to read it, or maybe the link, I won't mind. Thanks in advance
I'm terribly sorry,i really would have sent it if I had the eBooks. I read most of them in hard copy.
But I figure you may be able to get them online if you search on Google.

Just search for books by JOSEPH MURPHY. I already listed some of them:
- Amazing laws of cosmic mind power
- Psychic perception - the magic of extrasensory power
- The cosmic power within you
- Secrets of the I Ching

There are many others as well, be sure to read a review of the books to get the one that will most cater to what you need.

Edited:
I just saw a post by cescky. Get in touch with this person, I saw where he/she says they have a copy of 'Power of the Subconscious Mind'.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
chronique:
Witch!!! You almost perfectly described me. Only thing wrong is that,I find it hard to have sex with people I'm not emotionally attached to.
Lol, I'm a Witch of the Light. tongue
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by andyanders: 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
seizethaBae:

Just hang in there. God will definitely locate you. You will NEVER EVER fall into any wrong man's hands.

From the subject, I can only deduce that your problem started with your last relationship hence your present predicament. You are not too old and pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee, never have it at the back of your mind that you are getting old. I foresee you having a wonderful home.No matter the pressure, if any, never rush into anyone. Only note that there are not two perfect people on the face of this earth. You have to accommodate some , but not dirtiness, an abusive man or a night crawler. I am praying for you.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by seizethaBae(f): 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
I am still not understanding when im reading pple commienting abt wealth. which wealth? when i wrote 'money isnt d problem" what i meant is:even if d guy get money nd i dont like him,i dont like him be dat! period! d statement isnt meant for me,but for d guys. leave all my Wealth ke! which wealth! i pray ooo.

Lagazine:
Op, u need to get more closer to your God.

Let's start from here; did u really follow your Pastor's advice? if not, I will implore u to do that... leave all your wealth somewhere and rent a small spinster's room, then u bring urself so low for a real man to see u.

Some guys who suppose to propose for you may not have the courage to do that if they sees that u are richer than they are and those who may come around you may ask u out because of your wealth (Gold diggers). pls, be wise n wait for God's intervention as well, then u will be surprised for good.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? by missjo(f): 12:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
afroluxpaint:

when i was quite younger i felt same way, there were many girls i decline their sex overtures then . but as igrow older i feels indifferent about this sex aspect. i believe if she were a male shes would act same way
Yea,the strong emotional aspect in female physiology makes it hard to be disconnected from sex on an emotional level. Easier with guys who just don't care to care cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Help My Husband Lacks Self Control / Trolls Say My Disabled Husband Can’t Satisfy Me But They’re Wrong / Unclad Man Roaming The Streets Of Abuja With His Kids All Dressed Up (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.