Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist (7292 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How We've Been Praying The Wrong Way All This Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by hahn(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2016
shadeyinka:

I am sorry for your display of total ignorance of Christianity. You seem to believe any other convenient alternate theory.

Lol. Coming from someone who I am sure has not read the bible fully and who has not read up the history of his religion and any other religion for that matter, it is amusing to say the least.

Why did all Jesus disciples die violent deaths?

Because they serve an incompetent god tongue

How come some "unexplainable" are still happening in Jesus Name?

The same way "unexplainable" things happen in the name of Allah and other religions. You really need to read.

How come the early non-christian historians such as Josephus and the roman record spoke about "a certain cristus-a jewish magician" that was killed during the reign of Pilate?

Vague to say the list. So, now Jesus was a magician that performed tricks. This is new smiley

This same Jesus you will see when you die? Read my Friend!

Just as you will meet Amen-ra when you die. Hell is your portion no matter how you look at it.

For believing in Jesus, Allah will definitely send you to hell. There's no escaping it.

I'd advice you take a goat with you to prepare asun smiley

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by shadeyinka(m): 10:15am On Oct 02, 2016
hahn:

Lol. Coming from someone who I am sure has not read the bible fully and who has not read up the history of his religion and any other religion for that matter, it is amusing to say the least.

Because they serve an incompetent god tongue

The same way "unexplainable" things happen in the name of Allah and other religions. You really need to read.

Vague to say the list. So, now Jesus was a magician that performed tricks. This is new smiley

Just as you will meet Amen-ra when you die. Hell is your portion no matter how you look at it.

For believing in Jesus, Allah will definitely send you to hell. There's no escaping it.

I'd advice you take a goat with you to prepare asun smiley

[size=28pt]Some Ramblings Deserve No Comment![/size]
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

How do you know this? Whats the source/reference of the statement? That's very wrong please.
Provide me with a single case of mutation that has given rise to a new species.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by mank1234(m): 11:33am On Oct 02, 2016
onetrack:

Do you have any evidence that we can examine or test scientifically? This is quite a claim you are making.

It is wrong to believe everything can be tested scientifically. Very very wrong.

Even in the sphere of science, frequencies above a certain level cannot be measured, some wavelength of light cannot be detected.
Until theory of relativity came about, our understanding of the universe was very limited. Is it possible that there are still laws/theories undiscovered? Yes very well.

So, for me I'll say develop your science tool very well, then and only then will you be able to proof scientifically that the creator of the universe exist. For me there's God and he has always existed
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 12:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Provide me with a single case of mutation that has given rise to a new species.

Are you not getting me wrong?
I want to know how you got to know that mutation is always 'detrimental' to the mutant as you implied in your previous post which I precisely quoted.
In the field of science I study, mutation is often 'beneficial' to the mutant (e.g Mutation resulting in antibiotic resistance in bacteria).

Although it is well established that single-species populations of bacteria can evolve over time (Studies abound supporting this).
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by mank1234(m): 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
hahn:

[size=20pt]I DON'T KNOW[/size]

And I am not about to start making hasty assumptions. You should try it

undecided

Scientist don't act this way. They pick up questions and explore for solutions. If they had been acting this way nothing would have been discovered.
Sometimes they assume(hypothesis) and then proceed to proof or reject the assumption. You've been challenged if there a force behind creation and I assume you're a great scientist or you have so much fact to disproof same.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

Are you not getting me wrong?
I want to know how you got to know that mutation is always 'detrimental' to the mutant as you implied in your previous post which I precisely quoted.
In the field of science I study, mutation is often 'beneficial' to the mutant (e.g Mutation resulting in antibiotic resistance in bacteria).

Although it is well established that single-species populations of bacteria can evolve over time (Studies abound supporting this).

Single-species populations of bacteria can evolve over time? Evolve into what? Tell me.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 12:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Single-species populations of bacteria can evolve over time? Evolve into what? Tell me.

You're digressing while avoiding my previous question.
I assume you have realized that you were wrong about 'mutation always being detrimental to the mutant'.
Let's be clear on the argument at hand before jumping into another.

gracias!
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 12:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

You're digressing while avoiding my previous question.
I assume you have realized that you were wrong about 'mutation always being detrimental to the mutant'.
Let's be clear on the argument at hand before jumping into another.

gracias!

(Very minute)Mutation is responsible for variation in individuals. However, significant mutation(the one evolutionists say can change a bacteria into a worm or whatever) is detrimental individuals.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by onetrack(m): 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
mank1234:

It is wrong to believe everything can be tested scientifically. Very very wrong.

Even in the sphere of science, frequencies above a certain level cannot be measured, some wavelength of light cannot be detected.
Until theory of relativity came about, our understanding of the universe was very limited. Is it possible that there are still laws/theories undiscovered? Yes very well.

So, for me I'll say develop your science tool very well, then and only then will you be able to proof scientifically that the creator of the universe exist. For me there's God and he has always existed

In theory everything should be testable scientifically. While we don't yet have the means to do so for everything, anyone who says that something is true must be prepared to show testable evidence. Otherwise it can be dismissed without further discussion.

"What is claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens.

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
onetrack:

In theory everything should be testable scientifically. While we don't yet have the means to do so for everything, anyone who says that something is true must be prepared to show testable evidence. Otherwise it can be dismissed without further discussion.

"What is claimed without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens.

If I tell you that jealousy exists in my heart, how are you going to test it scientifically?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by hahn(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
mank1234:

Scientist don't act this way. They pick up questions and explore for solutions. If they had been acting this way nothing would have been discovered.

The first step is to agree you do not know. When you do that, it is easier to research objectively. Imagine if Isaac Newton has said of gravity, "humpty dumpty did it". Do you think we would have the laws of gravity today? undecided

Sometimes they assume(hypothesis) and then proceed to proof or reject the assumption.

Hypothesis comes after observation and it is not the end of the scientific process.

You've been challenged [size=20pt]if[/size] there a force behind creation and I assume you're a great scientist or you have so much fact to disproof same.

This shows that it is still an assumption and not fact.

No I am not a scientist but I am working to become a great business man though smiley

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

(Very minute)Mutation is responsible for variation in individuals. However, significant mutation(the one evolutionists say can change a bacteria into a worm or whatever) is detrimental individuals.

Agreeable!
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If I tell you that jealousy exists in my heart, how are you going to test it scientifically?

Jealousy can be tested psychologically anyway. i.e. with the "science of psychology".

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

Jealousy can be tested psychologically anyway. i.e. with the "science of psychology".

I tell you that jealousy exists in my heart. How can you conduct a scientific test to prove it?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by plaetton: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
UyiIredia:

He didn't emerge without guidance He has always existed. A FACT too big for your small mind to comprehend.

Schizophrenia spotted. undecided

And how did your big mind arrive at this if not through fertile imagination ?

I mean, look at the absurdity and hypocrisy that you guys are displaying here.

You imagine a somebody supposedly existing outside of space and time. How you that exists inside space and time arrived at this remains a mystery. But then, you have the audacity and temerity to mock another who questions this mental contraption of yours.

I don't get it.

" God exists outside of space and time" . Full stop. No questions.

What a load of cow dung.

Wasn't he the same God that walked in the garden, asked Cain where Abel was, took Moses on eagle's wings, wrestled with Jacob, had an appetite for barbecued lambs, and even got his own share of virgins from the spoils of war ?

Now, in the age of reason and scientific rationalism, he has conveniently taken up residence in the outskirts of space and time ?

Na wa.

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 2:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I tell you that jealousy exists in my heart. How can you conduct a scientific test to prove it?

A psychologist can detect it by examination and use of adequately drafted questionnaires. Maybe you should consult a psychologist.

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by plaetton: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

A psychologist can detect it by examination and use of adequately drafted questionnaires. Maybe you should consult a psychologist.

Thank you.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

When you want test for protein in a sample, do you ask the sample questions? What about dumb individuals?

Questioning is not experiment. How can you conduct an experiment on me to determine if I have jealouy in me?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by plaetton: 2:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

When you want test for protein in a sample, do you ask the sample questions?

Questioning is not experiment. How can you conduct an experiment on me to determine if I have jealouy in me?

Questionnaires and Surveys can be scientifically designed to ferret out scientifically acceptable facts from individuals, groups and populations.

Secondly, questioning is an important and integral part of scientific experimentation when it involves persons.

You didn't know that ?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 2:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
plaetton:

Questionnaires and Surveys can be scientifically designed to ferret out scientifically acceptable facts from individuals, groups and populations.

Secondly, questioning is an important and integral part of scientific experimentation when it involves persons.

You didn't know that ?

I can lie when you're questioning me. Thus, truth will not be achieved.

How can you conduct a scientific experiment on me to determine if there is jealousy in me?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by plaetton: 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
CoolUsername:

If God exists outside time and space that means he isn't real.

Lol.

Funny how they don't realize that they logically put God out of existence by repeating that God lives outside space and time.

Space and time = reality

Only the mind, imagination can travel beyond space and time.

If God lives outside of reality, then isn't this what atheists have been screaming ?

I am glad this God believer is confirming what we atheists have always known and suggested : that God lives outside space and time, in the fertile soil of the mind.

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 2:41pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

When you want test for protein in a sample, do you ask the sample questions? What about dumb individuals?

Seems you're a science student or something...
Your understanding of science shouldn't be limited to physical or biological sciences.

Psychology is social science.

While a biochemist would experiment with a protein sample in a lab, you, as an intelligent being with a mind are the sample of a psychologist and he explores concepts such as perception , cognition , attention , emotion , intelligence ,motivation , brain functioning,
personality , behavior, and interpersonal relationships , and other areas under which jealousy fall.

I have schooled you on how psychologists experiment basically.
If you want to better understand how an expert psychologist would do his work, do consult one.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by plaetton: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I can lie when you're questioning me. Thus, truth will not be achieved.

How can you conduct a scientific experiment on me to determine if there is jealousy in me?

A simple psychological questionnaire can pinpoint your character traits , your emotional state of mind with mathematical accuracy, even you are trying to be deceptive.

They have developed cameras that can record your eye movements during questioning to measure truth and deception.
The truth , which I have always stated on threads like this, is that the whole gamut of human emotions have biochemical origins , biochemical reactions that involve molecular bondings. As such , they are all reducible to mathematics. Yes, your emotions have mathematical corollaries.
As such, they can be modelled, predicted, and altered with the right mathematically arranged chemicals.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
plaetton:

A simple psychological questionnaire can pinpoint your character traits , your emotional state of mind with mathematical accuracy, even you are trying to be deceptive.

They have developed cameras that can record your eye movements during questioning to measure truth and deception.
The truth , which I have always stated on threads like this, is that the whole gamut of human emotions have biochemical origins , biochemical reactions that involve molecular bondings. As such , they are all reducible to mathematics. Yes, your emotions have mathematical corollaries.
As such, they can be modelled, predicted, and altered with the right mathematically arranged chemicals.

What if I refuse to answer the question? LOL.

So cameras observing my eyes can tell if I'm lying or not? Bro, you're going mythical.

Truth is not an emotion please. The earth is geoid approximately oblate spheroidal in shape. There is no gamut of human emotions to this.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

Seems you're a science student or something...
Your understanding of science shouldn't be limited to physical or biological sciences.

Psychology is social science.

While a biochemist would experiment with a protein sample in a lab, you, as an intelligent being with a mind are the sample of a psychologist and he explores concepts such as perception , cognition , attention , emotion , intelligence ,motivation , brain functioning,
personality , behavior, and interpersonal relationships , and other areas under which jealousy fall.

I have schooled you on how psychologists experiment basically.
If you want to better understand how an expert psychologist would do his work, do consult one.

When I say science, I mean the one that employs skeptical empiricism.

What if I refuse to answer your questions, but you still have to determine whether there is jealousy in me or not?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

When I say science, I mean the one that employs skeptical empiricism.

What if I refuse to answer your questions, but you still have to determine whether there is jealousy in me or not?

But at least you have realized that its possible to determine Jealousy in someone by psychological tests.

On you refusing to answer the question, that's a problem that the expert has to fix, else his test would be abortive. It doesn't mean that jealousy can't be determined in other individuals.

Just like a biochemist has a problem when a sample has been overheated resulting in protein denaturation hence test for protein may prove abortive. It doesn't mean that protein can't be determined in other samples.

I hope you get my point!

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by plaetton: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What if I refuse to answer the question? LOL.

So cameras observing my eyes can tell if I'm lying or not? Bro, you're going mythical.

Truth is not an emotion please. The earth is geoid approximately oblate spheroidal in shape. There is no gamut of human emotions to this.
Well, it's not fault if you don't what is happening in the areas of scientific innovations.

When you speak what you believe To be truth, your body releases chemicals that affect your heart rate, blood pressure, pupil dilation, even minute finger movements that can all be detected.
These are not even new developments.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
DeSepiero:

But at least you have realized that its possible to determine Jealousy in someone by psychological tests.

On you refusing to answer the question, that's a problem that the expert has to fix, else his test would be abortive. It doesn't mean that jealousy can't be determined in other individuals.

Just like a biochemist has a problem when a sample has been overheated resulting in protein denaturation hence test for protein may prove abortive. It doesn't mean that protein can't be determined in other samples.

I hope you get my point!

If I bring my son to you, and ask you to determine scientifically whether there is jealousy in him, what will you do? (assuming he refuses to answer any questions you ask).

When you bring a sample to determine scientifically whether or not it contains protein, you don't begin to ask the samples question. Even if the sample could talk, science does not depend on human opinions. You proceed to experiment on the sample.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
plaetton:

Well, it's not fault if you don't what is happening in the areas of scientific innovations.

When you speak what you believe To be truth, your body releases chemicals that affect your heart rate, blood pressure, pupil dilation, even minute finger movements that can all be detected.
These are not even new developments.

Truth is not emotional. I say "I am male." There is no increase in my heart rate.

Moreover, truth is not dependent on human acceptance/belief. The boiling point of water is 100 degrees centigrade. Whether you accept it or not, it is the truth.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by plaetton: 3:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Truth is not emotional. I say "I am male." There is no increase in my heart rate.

Moreover, truth is not dependent on human acceptance/belief. The boiling point of water is 100 degrees centigrade. Whether you accept it or not, it is the truth.
Yes. But when are asked about the boiling point of water, you say 100 degrees with a certain confidence , attitude and demeanor that can be physically and biochemically detected. That's my point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 3:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

If I bring my son to you, and ask you to determine scientifically whether there is jealousy in him, what will you do? (assuming he refuses to answer any questions you ask).

When you bring a sample to determine scientifically whether or not it contains protein, you don't begin to ask the samples question. Even if the sample could talk, science does not depend on human opinions. You proceed to experiment on the sample.

I repeat "You can consult a Psychologist" to know how he'd determine jealousy in a child or an unwilling individual.
I am not trained to conduct psychological tests and analyses.

My point is "It's possible to determine Jealousy in an individual".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Saved To Save Others; Preach With Anything And Everything / Notable Converts To Christianity From Islam / Atheists!!! God Loves You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.