Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist (7295 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How We've Been Praying The Wrong Way All This Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 5:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

Science, itself, isn't about truth. It is about a certain kind of "consistency" and "predictability".

Scientific findings are not "true", they are "currently accepted in the field". Science evolves.

And, in general, scientists are no more honest than anybody else. Because something is "scientifically accepted" does not mean it is true.

The worst recent case of deception in the scientific community is the supposed confirmation of the Higgs Boson.

You will recall that, during the theatrical debacle, designed to justify investment in enhancing the Large Hadron Collider, Stephen Hawking actually pretended that he had lost his bet that the the Higgs Boson did not exsist, and Peter Higgs was awarded the Nobel Prize!!
so the 1+1=2 evolves?
Or in the future the hearts work will no longer be used for pumping blood?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 5:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Seun,

You said scientists have a good record of saying the truth.(LOL) In 2007, fishermen caught a very rare creature known as a Coelacanth. Evolutionists originally told us that this “living fossil” had gone extinct 70 million years ago. It turns out that they were only off by 70 million years. See the link here: [url]news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6925784.stm[/url]

Perhaps, the most famous fossil in the history of the theory of evolution, "Piltdown Man", turned out to be a giant hoax. See the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piltdown_Man

Chai! LOL grin I laugh at the way "scientists" deceive these gullible atheists.

Cc: donffd
do you know twas an atheist that discovered the hoax?

Now you know...
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by sinequanon: 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
donnffd:
As to the Nobel prize winning discovery, you think they lied about it? Dude, you sound like a crazy conspiracy theorists!, like seriously...

https://home.cern/topics/higgs-boson

I've cut out your essay, as it is irrelevant.

All your post boils down to is "like, seriously..."

Now try to act rationally, and cut to the chase. Quote the part in your link which says that the existence of the Higgs Boson has been scientifically proven.

I'm telling you right now, it doesn't say or imply that, and, if you think that it does, it means you cannot read anywhere near critically enough to understand or be debating about science.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
lordnicklaus:

God is not confined to time and space. He exists in a dimension outside of time and space. Existing outside the universe would make Him absolute, infinite and totally uncaused.
Please can u tell me what is outside time and space?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

Now try to act rationally, and cut to the chase. Quote the part in your link which says that the existence of the Higgs Boson has been scientifically proven.

I'm telling you right now, it doesn't say or imply that, and, if you think that it does, it means you cannot read anywhere near critically enough to understand or be debating about science.

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
UyiIredia:

He didn't emerge without guidance He has always existed. A FACT too big for your small mind to comprehend.
And what stops billions of God from always existing?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by sinequanon: 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
raphieMontella:

so the 1+1=2 evolves?
Or in the future the hearts work will no longer be used for pumping blood?

1 + 1 = 2 isn't science. It is mathematics. To be precise, it is a mathematical definition.

As for your second rhetorical question, it also shows lack of understanding. There are many examples in the scientific theory of evolution, itself, of co-option and exaptation.

Unfortunately, this is typical. People who follow science mainly through popular media have little idea of what they are supporting.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

1 + 1 = 2 isn't science. It is mathematics. To be precise, it is a mathematical definition.

As for your second rhetorical question, it also shows lack of understanding. There are many
examples in the scientific theory of evolution, itself, of co-option and exaptation.

Unfortunately, this is typical. People who follow science mainly through popular media have little idea of what they are supporting.
what does scientific theories and science base on?
Are laws of physics independent of mathematics and its concepts?

Evolution sire...is not darwins theory of evolution...thats where you mistake it...

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
winner01:

You can only be an angry atheist by loosing a dear one or failed request to a heartcry. This is only what can motivate one to spend hours of his day on hate.

You can only be an angry Christian and not believe in Allah by loosing love once or relatives or ur fellow Christians to maybe bomb blast like ur other moniker truthman2012?

Anger is not acquired by simply lack of or misunderstanding of scriptures, it is acquired by an experience. A terrible experience.
And it is the only motivation they need to fight back.
Yes that anger that truthman2012 spill on Muslims is cause of his basics understanding of the Quran
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ontarget:

Just as the earthly realm and the space realm follows different laws and patterns, the realm of God is different on its own working system. On earth anything we throw up must surely come down, but it doesn't work like that in the space realm. In the earth and space realms everything that has a beginning must have and ending, but it doesn't work like that in the realm of God with an entirely different working system.
EyeHateGod:

And what stops billions of God from always existing?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
I hate seeing rubbish talks!!(sorry to say)
There are something's we don't know and cannot change (it's better we live it as it is)
Everybody believes on whatever he/she likes...
Saying there are something in the bible that are not true I'll totally disagree because those things exist long time before we were born..
The existence of God is completely a misery and in the bible it's stated that "God Can't Lie" please everyone some be sure before concluding ..

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Seun,

For the records, I'm not a catholic and I don't believe the catholic church is a Christian organization: it's a pagan one actually. I'm not an Anglican, either.

I'm a Bible-believing Christian. Don't bring the activities of the catholic church into this. Even the Bible knows the earth is spherical, but the Catholic church chose to teach otherwise.
U are just a [size=20pt]Hypocrite[/size] the same Bible(NT) that the Catholic church compiled?

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by sinequanon: 5:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
raphieMontella:

what does scientific theories and science base on?
Are laws of physics independent of mathematics and its concepts?

Absolutely, just as music is independent of musical notation.

Nature doesn't care about the models scientists use to describe it. Models have become obsolete, even. The nature they described remains.

raphieMontella:
Evolution sire...is not darwins theory of evolution...thats where you mistake it...

That depends on context. The context being debated in this thread is Darwin's ToE.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
donnffd:

Dude, you havent actually read anything about Evolution by Natural selection, because if you have, you would not sprout such things like "a frog suddenly turned into a snake" and the painful part of it is that you dont want to learn about it because you have already made up your mind.

So i guess more grace to your elbows, but i do advice you, when you are in an intellectual gathering, don't say what you just said, because 99% of the people there would just laugh at you.
I don't think he even knows what natural selection is
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ontarget:

If you want to figure out about the existence of God just drop the Bible and take a deep look into the structure of creation. The Bible is never an evidence that God exists. The Bible only used God to create stories. The fact that the stories are fictional doesn't mean the concept of God is not true. Saying that God is inexistent because the Bible is fictional is like saying Arnold Schwarzenegger doesn't exist because he featured in a fictional movie.
If you are an atheist because the Bible is fictional then that is the wrong way to be an atheist.
I need my freedom from religion! until then i would keep on ridiculing ur myth and the rest!
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 5:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

Instead of "wowing", produce a scientific paper or quote from a scientist that says that the existence of the Higgs Boson has been proven.

Pls can u tell me what the Highs bosom is?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by CoolUsername: 5:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
lordnicklaus:

God is not confined to time and space. He exists in a dimension outside of time and space. Existing outside the universe would make Him absolute, infinite and totally uncaused.

If God exists outside time and space that means he isn't real.

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
hahn:

Done grin

Well, nature is indeed a mystery. However, the more we study, the more we understand it. Look at it this way, if I was to say that due to the structure of the earth that aliens are responsible, would you agree? Seems you are leaning towards deism.

winner01, kingebukasblog, promise10, naijadeyhia(where have you been?), malvisguy22 etc can you believe the nerve of this guy? tongue

I agree. The bible is only good for smoking weed and as toilet tissue.

There are over 4,000 version of "God". Which one are you talking about?

We have seen Arnold. No one has seen "God".

I am an atheist because there is no evidence for any of the gods. If "God" knocks on my door and says hi I will believe. Promise grin
When I mention "God" I am refering to the intelligent force behind the intelligent design of creation. I don't really know what you believe is the force behind creation. So if I may ask, since you believe there is no intelligent force behind creation, what you think is responsible for the intelligent designs and complexity of things in existence?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by sinequanon: 6:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Pls can u tell me what the Highs bosom is?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by hahn(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ontarget:

When I mention "God" I am refering to the intelligent force behind the intelligent design of creation. I don't really know what you believe is the force behind creation. So if I may ask, since you believe there is no intelligent force behind creation, what you think is responsible for the intelligent designs and complexity of things in existence?

[size=20pt]I DON'T KNOW[/size]

And I am not about to start making hasty assumptions. You should try it

undecided
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

Absolutely, just as music is independent of musical notation.

Nature doesn't care about the models scientists use to describe it. Models have become obsolete, even. The nature they described remains.
i mean...musical notation is not independent of music...

That depends on context. The context being debated in this thread is Darwin's ToE.
glad you understand....
Cheers
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

been discovered ''tentatively''... I.e the footprints.. Garrit bruh?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 7:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

been discovered ''tentatively''... I.e the footprints.. Garrit bruh?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by sinequanon: 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
raphieMontella:

i mean...musical notation is not independent of music...

glad you understand....
Cheers

raphieMontella:

been discovered ''tentatively''...
I.e the footprints..
Garrit bruh?

Are you drunk?

If not, go back to school and learn to communicate in some intelligible language.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by onetrack(m): 7:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I have derived my premise from the Bible. There is no point in quoting what you see as inconsistent and primitive.

The Bible, like all other books, was conceived and written by men. I have never seen a Bible made of divine material.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by donnffd(m): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

k
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by WORLDPEACE(m): 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
Seun:

Many people don't have the time to study evolution in depth. For such people, it makes sense to simply accept it because scientists accept it.

Please read this blog post for some enlightenment: https://rarebible./2009/12/06/false-prophecies-of-jesus/ sad
What I see happening with evolution is the same thing that happened with religion. It's not really about studying in depth or not. It is about success. If successful people are associated with a thing, with time it catches on. With Islam it was trade and superior knowledge of warfare and literacy. With Christianity it was Literacy, route to a better life, fancy clothes and European type houses. Success will sell anything. Evolution to me is a probability stretched to the position of lab experiment type of fact. And it is not.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
sinequanon:

Are you drunk?

If not, go back to school and learn to communicate in some intelligible language.
for real?
Be polite dude...
Ts nothing
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by sinequanon: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
WORLDPEACE:

What I see happening with evolution is the same thing that happened with religion. It's not really about studying in depth or not. It is about success. If successful people are associated with a thing, with time it catches on. With Islam it was trade and superior knowledge of warfare and literacy. With Christianity it was Literacy, route to a better life, fancy clothes and European type houses. Success will sell anything. Evolution to me is a probability stretched to the position of lab experiment type of fact. And it is not.

Science is also politicized and battle hardened. It is the David that has turned into the Goliath. It has become dogmatic.

Darwin's Theory of Evolution (ToE) is an hypothesis, not a theory, despite all the claims.

ToE will remain an hypothesis at the very least until it can prove its claim that mutations of DNA are "undirected". This explicit denial of the teleological argument needs to be proven, because ToE is not silent on the issue.

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by EyeHateGod: 12:18am On Oct 01, 2016
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by shadeyinka(m): 6:37am On Oct 02, 2016
hahn:

If you buy a mathematics text book for your kid and you see that on the first page it says "1+1=11", would that not be sufficient for you to start disputing the source of the book especially when the writer claims to have a masters degree?

Besides, there are lots of other loophole like for instance, there is no proof of Jesus' existence and also the Israelites were never slaves under Egypt as depicted in the bible. Also, most of the stories are plagiarized.

Actually, the inconsistencies are very good points for refuting the claims of Jehovah. Remember also that atheists speak against ALL religons.

As a matter of fact, when you read ALL "holy" books, you will find out they are full of loopholes.

The same way you would view the writings in all other books is the same way other theists, not just atheists view yours.

For instance, muslims will never agree that Jesus is the son of god just like a Buddhist or Hindustan will not agree that Yahweh/Jehovah are the supreme gods. Remember, even among Christians there are lots of disagreements about the translation of certain texts and also religious practices. If Christians cannot come to a concession on the interpretations of the bible,to the extent of having 33,000 different denominations, why should anyone else? undecided

I am not a scientist though, however judging by the evidence presented by history against religion and also the lack of evidence by religion to prove their various gods, it is safe to say none of these gods as proposed by religion is the true god.

Maybe you should read more on history of your religion and other religions to get the point

smiley

I am sorry for your display of total ignorance of Christianity. You seem to believe any other convenient alternate theory.

Why did all Jesus disciples die violent deaths?
How come some "unexplainable" are still happening in Jesus Name?
How come the early non-christian historians such as Josephus and the roman record spoke about "a certain cristus-a jewish magician" that was killed during the reign of Pilate?

This same Jesus you will see when you die? Read my Friend!
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DeSepiero(m): 7:22am On Oct 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:
... and all known (albeit very rare) cases of mutation have proved fatal and destructive to the mutant individual. Thus, mutation brings extermination instead of development in species.

How do you know this?
Whats the source/reference of the statement?
That's very wrong please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions / Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded / Your Thoughts On Objs New Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.