Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,035 members, 7,953,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

A Thread To Remember Our Lost Loved Ones - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Thread To Remember Our Lost Loved Ones (788 Views)

Man Writes On How Some Families Have Destroyed Marriages Of Their Loved Ones / Man Fails To Remember His Father & Daughter’s Names In Abeokuta Court / Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Thread To Remember Our Lost Loved Ones by DukeNija(m): 10:05am On Sep 30, 2016
As my mom would say 'When the coffin of a stranger passes by, it would seem as though it is wood'. I had never really lost someone close to me so she said this to remind me that someone somewhere is mourning whenever you hear a siren wail by.

I lost my friend in May this year and for the very first time in my life i felt the terrible pain that comes with losing a loved one. Its a terrible horrible feeling of loss that never goes away. It hurts even more when they were part of your everyday and significantly so. sad sad

So a couple of days ago, i was talking to a neighbour about my friend and he also shared his story and i was speechless. He lost his dad and sister within a year. That day, i realised that we all have our own story to tell and i decided to open a thread so we can remember the people who were a significant part of our lives. The memories we shared is all we have left, we cant afford to lose that too.

I hope people will contribute..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread To Remember Our Lost Loved Ones by DukeNija(m): 10:12am On Sep 30, 2016
I lost my friend Regina Agwu who also happens to be my colleague on the 2nd of May 2016 and it has been a struggle for me. We were like bread and butter, garri and groundnut and she was the closest person in the world to me.

She passed on after a brief illness and ive still not gotten over her death even after the tears have rolled and i have wailed. It made me realise that there are things money can't buy e.g True happiness, Long life e.t.c. Although im much better now, but im still not completely over the loss, infact, i doubt i'll ever be over it.

She was an enigma, full of life, all over my business; she was a very loyal friend. Her H.O.D came to me one day and was lamenting how much they miss her and i had to console him. I talk about her everyday so much so that my friends and famiy know her more after her death than when she was alive. I will never forget how much she cared about me, and what we talked about, the synergy and bond we had, the final hug she gave me e.t.c.

I thought i was a very strong person with immunity to pain, cos i don't dwell on unpleasant experiences. I'm very quick to move on and put things behind me. But this time its not exactly working as ive really tried to forget or atleast ignore the thoughts but to no avail, even my friends are surprised at how emotional ive become lately. I am much more caring than i used to be, more considerate of peoples feelings and opinions etc a whole lot has changed about me.

I know my friend is in heaven as i got a message from her weeks after her passing, plus she told me before her death that she had amended her ways and she enjoys spending time in the presence of God.

I am so so heartbroken and pained. I remember i was in my car with her when my mom called to inform me of her sisters death, my friend was so emotional and tried to console. About a month later, i was in my car calling my mom to tell her of my friends passing. Life is such a mystery.

Rest In Paradise my dear Geena, till we meet to part no more. No day has gone by without the thought of you flooding my heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread To Remember Our Lost Loved Ones by DukeNija(m): 11:25am On Sep 30, 2016
2months ago, I got the news of the death of a friend and colleague from a previous place of employment. It was a big shock as he was a very healthy young man with a very bright future. Nkem slumped and died just as he was about entering his car by the side of the road.

RIP Nkem and thanks for all the memories we shared on the road, and most especially at work.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Facts About The Female Gender / / lies That Nigerian Parents Told Us When We Were Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.