Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? (4157 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 7:31am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:

How do u expect Christian to reason
Do you reason ? Do you have evidence that God does not exist ? Indeed, it take a giant leap of faith to be an atheist, why will someone jeopardise his eternity on something he have no idea of ?

1 Like

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2016
sekundosekundo:

I don't need to wait until I get home before I do that and it's none of your business where I do it.

excellent !!!
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
Do you reason ? Do you have evidence that God does not exist ? Indeed, it take a giant leap of faith to be an atheist, why will someone jeopardise his eternity on something he have no idea of ?

You see? You have shown you don't even know if a God exists or not but just have to stick with believing the Judeo/Christian God because you fear what it might do you if it actually exists.

Wow.

Now tell me - what do you make of someone who is willing to burn billions simply because of belief?

Jeeez you guys make your god look like a sadistic egoistic and evil entity..

2 Likes

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2016
johnydon22:

And the bolded is even grosser - it seems Yahweh has a severe lust for bloody sacrifices even to the extent of using a human [Jesus]……

Thanks for bringing more abhorable verses.
tell me. What is wrong in smelling the burn offering of sacrifice ?
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by sekundosekundo: 7:36am On Oct 01, 2016
Immorttal:
No one cares about your god and Atheist can never be deceived by your man-made idea of God. Comprendez?

You are entitle to your opinion. Your doubt and unbelief about God CANNOT STOP SEKUNDO from serving the ALMIGHTY God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 7:40am On Oct 01, 2016
johnydon22:

You see? You have shown you don't even know if a God exists or not but just have to stick with believing the Judeo/Christian God because you fear what it might do you if it actually exists.

Wow.

Now tell me - what do you make of someone who is willing to burn billions simply because of belief?

Jeeez you guys make your god look like a sadistic egoistic and evil entity..
This is the reason people become atheist, fear of hell, not that they believe or have evidence that God does not exist, but they just want to ease their fear of hell. Did I mention hell in my post ? Your post expose the intention of most atheists. Keep it up.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 7:47am On Oct 01, 2016
Heaven and hell exist, either you like it or not, you must spend eternity in either one, depend on the choice you made. Whatever you believe does not count, it does not matter if you believe hell exist or not.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2016
sekundosekundo:

You are entitle to your opinion. Your doubt and unbelief about God CANNOT STOP SEKUNDO from serving the ALMIGHTY God.
PERFECT ANSWER MY BROTHER.

1 Like

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by ValentineMary(m): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
This is the reason people become atheist, fear of hell,
This is really funny. U have been highlighting hell since, that shows that its ur only reason for being a xtian (let us keep speculating about others intentions). I guess am also afraid of the punishment of Vishnu that's why I regect it.
not that they believe or have evidence that God does not exist, but they just want to ease their fear of hell.
Like seriously I guess u should first of all know what AGNOSTIC ATHEIST means and stop wallowing in ignorance
Did I mention hell in my post ? Your post expose the intention of most atheists. Keep it up.
Actually u mentioned hell several times in ur prev post.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by reallest(f): 7:54am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
Do I really need evidence to prove dat something does not exist?i only need evidence to prove his existence not d other way around
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 7:57am On Oct 01, 2016
ValentineMary:

This is really funny. U have been highlighting hell since, that shows that its ur only reason for being a xtian (let us keep speculating about others intentions). I guess am also afraid of the punishment of Vishnu that's why I regect it. Like seriously I guess u should first of all know what AGNOSTIC ATHEIST means and stop wallowing in ignorance
Actually u mentioned hell several times in ur prev post.
Hey, I have read many post on nairaland, and I can confidently say, their are NO Agnostics atheists on nairaland. If you truly know the meaning of agnostics atheist, then you will know what am talking about.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 8:00am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:

Do I really need evidence to prove dat something does not exist?i only need evidence to prove his existence not d other way around
very funny. Oh, how I love this post. I wonder why atheist claim , Atheism is simple a lack of faith/belief. Keep it up. Alright
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by reallest(f): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
very funny. Oh, how I love this post. I wonder why atheist claim , Atheism is simple a lack of faith/belief. Keep it up. Alright

Let me break it down for u,if I want to tell u dat my dog can speak like human being all I need to do is to bring it out and command it to speak,if it did speak like human being in ur present will u still need any evidence?it will be unwise of me to tell u to find way to prove dat am lying,better still if u accuse me of not having hand don't u think d best way to let everybody know I have is by showing my hand,it is unfair of u to have ask me to prove dat god does not exist
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:

Let me break it down for u,if I want to tell u dat my dog can speak like human being all I need to do is to bring it out and command it to speak,if it did speak like human being in ur present will u still need any evidence?it will be unwise of me to tell u to find way to prove dat am lying,better still if u accuse me of not having hand don't u think d best way to let everybody I have is by showing my hand
maby you don't understand. Apply this same logic to atheism. In christianity, we believe God exist, and jesus has made him known to us, by faith, we believe.

John 17:26
I have made you KNOWN TO THEM , and will
continue to make you known in order that the
love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

But for Atheist, were is the Evidence that God does not exist ? Why will you jeopardise your eternity on assumption ? Is this not faith ? Infact the atheists faith is bigger than the religion folks.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by reallest(f): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
maby you don't understand. Apply this same logic to atheism. In christianity, we believe God exist, and jesus has made him known to us, by faith, we believe.

John 17:26
I have made you KNOWN TO THEM , and will
continue to make you known in order that the
love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

But for Atheist, were is the Evidence that God does not exist ? Why will you jeopardise your eternity on assumption ? Is this not faith ? Infact the atheists faith is bigger than the religion folks.

How does d book written by anonymous writer prove dat
God exist
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by Immorttal: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2016
sekundosekundo:

thank you mr sekundo for your kind gesture but can you please enlighten me why you think your god amongst the other 4000+ gods is the Almighty God. any prove would be appreciated.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 8:50am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:

How does d book written by anonymous writer prove dat
God exist
which book the op quote ? Dawking book ? Yet you believe everything he say about God.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by hopefulLandlord: 8:55am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:

How does d book written by anonymous writer prove dat God exist

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by honourhim: 8:55am On Oct 01, 2016
johnydon22:
I made a comment on a front page thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3368022/why-does-god-create-people#49627369

And i got a bombardment of quotes the next time i logged in from Christians who were obviously offended by my post and some even implying that my post was insultive and blasphemous against God [Judeo/Christian]

This particularly interesting one is distancing the Christian yahweh from the original Judaic Yahweh due to obvious reasons of distinct attributes and almost unreconcilable personalities of the deity.

Here are the other replies

Worthy mentions

Ok now down to the point -

I'm confused on why the post irked some nerves, i'm confused how the comment was an insult to the Christian deity because anybody who knows Christianity, Yahweh or the bible even in a fundamental sense knows the post is just an explicit truth about the Character.

What part of my post was incorrect or insultive.

That the Christian God loves smell of burnt flesh or That it has a hell to burn people for eternity?

Let us check!!

That Judeo/Christian God love the smell of burnt flesh?

This is a biblical truth, it constitutes the very fabrics of the Judeo religious rituals and tradition.

Genesis 8:20
Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean
animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. The LORD
smelled the pleasing aroma…

Exodus 29: 22 -25
“Take from this ram the fat, the fat tail, the fat around the inner parts, the
covering of the liver, both kidneys with the fat on them, and the right thigh.
(This is the ram for the ordination.) From the basket of bread made
without yeast, which is before the LORD, take a loaf, and a cake made with
oil, and a wafer. Put all these in the hands of Aaron and his sons and
wave them before the LORD as a wave offering. Then take them from their
hands and burn them on the altar along with the burnt offering for a pleasing
aroma to the LORD, an offering made to the LORD by fire.

Verse 40
to the LORD, an offering made to the LORD by fire.
With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with a
quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a
drink offering. Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain
offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma , an
offering made to the LORD by fire.

There are tons of other biblical references pointing to this fact - The Judeo/Christian Deity Loves the smell of burnt of flesh

So as it has been shown - This was not an insult from my post but a biblical fact. i wonder why people were disturbed by it.

Jumping to the next point of my post

" why should it come as a surprise to you that it plans to set up an eternal barbacue of burning flesh for his own lustful insatiable pleasure and need for burnt flesh."

Eternal Barbecue

It is a gospel truth that the christian God has a hell [Lake of fire for sinners and unbelievers] (The Judaic Yahweh had no mention or reference to that - as the character of Yahweh goes, hell became part of it's scheme immediately after it was Christianized)

here are some verses from the bible

Rev 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually
immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they
will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second
death.”

Matt 13:50
and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping
and gnashing of teeth.

To mention but a few and also right here on NL we get countless threads from Christians reminding others of how hell is waiting for them.

Now as i have supported my comment on the Judeo/Christian deity with biblical verses which is exactly the religious book from whence the character is portrayed.

Why then were these Christians disturbed, they read this everyday in the bible, hear it every sunday in church, or on daily basis in the street, buses and even say these things on NL without twitching but if someone makes an exact comment in a very explicit manner they get offended?

Maybe there are things in these attributes that are disturbing, maybe they find these attributes distasteful - there is no more reasonable explanation than this.

How exactly are the attributes of Yahweh as the bible and Christians imply an insult to Yahweh when i say it?

If you get offended when someone mentions the fundamental attributes of your God concept, then maybe there is something wrong with your concept of God..

You either modify these disturbing attributes or live with that bitter truth and continue a gross reverence for complete abhorence.

Yes so what is your problem with God loving the smell of what he created? Are you the one who created animals? You people reason so foolishly.
Yes sinners will be punished in the lake of fire. If you are not stupid you would have been able to differentiate between burnt offering and punishment. Lake of fire is a punishment and not a burnt offering so the issue of God liking smell doesnt arise here.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by honourhim: 9:03am On Oct 01, 2016
Immorttal:
thank you mr sekundo for your kind gesture but can you please enlighten me why you think your god amongst the other 4000+ gods is the Almighty God. any prove would be appreciated.

You are an atheist so you have no business talking about God or other gods. Face your foolishness and leave christians alone. IF any of those who worship other gods feel that their god is superior then they can come so that we sort it out.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by sekundosekundo: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2016
Immorttal:

Point of correction, I am not serving 'god' but God. For your question, it's not what I can tell you here. If you are truly a genuine seeker and not a fault finder let's hv a date. I am in Nigeria right now may visit China and Dubai middle of the Month. Thanks.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by Immorttal: 9:10am On Oct 01, 2016
honourhim:

You are an atheist so you have no business talking about God or other gods. Face your foolishness and leave christians alone. IF any of those who worship other gods feel that their god is superior then they can come so that we sort it out.
its disheartening to see comments like this from Christians.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by honourhim: 9:11am On Oct 01, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Point of correction, I am not serving 'god' but God. For your question, it's not what I can tell you here. If you are truly a genuine seeker and not a fault finder let's hv a date. I am in Nigeria right now may visit China and Dubai middle of the Month. Thanks.

Dont waste your time on that fool. Did the other gods he is talking about make him their spokesperson?
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by Immorttal: 9:14am On Oct 01, 2016
sekundosekundo:

am an Atheist who is open to every possible truth, a liberal mind and also a seeker. whats app would be best if you are looking to discuss more.thanks
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by reallest(f): 9:17am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
which book the op quote ? Dawking book ? Yet you believe everything he say about God.
Did op really say God exist?
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by reallest(f): 9:20am On Oct 01, 2016
honourhim:

Dont waste your time on that fool. Did the other gods he is talking about make him their spokesperson?
@bold, typical Christian always resort to name calling when they find no more lie to defend their sky daddy
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:
Did op really say God exist?
Did you believe what the op say ?
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by reallest(f): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
Did you believe what the op say ?
I don't believe,i checked it n I found it to be true according to ur bible
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by honourhim: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:

@bold, typical Christian always resort to name calling when they find no more lie to defend their sky daddy

I already made my point before telling him to face his foolishness so i dont understand your rants here.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by reallest(f): 9:32am On Oct 01, 2016
honourhim:

I already made my point before telling him to face his foolishness so i dont understand your rants here.
Keep doing what u re good at,u re indeed Yahweh like
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by honourhim: 9:36am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:

Keep doing what u re good at,u re indeed Yahweh like

Yes i am for God (Yahweh) till eternity. A million atheists or even more cannot change my stand for God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2016
reallest:

I don't believe,i checked it n I found it to be true according to ur bible
you don't believe, but it is true. Okay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Understand As Palm Sunday? / A Pagan Africa / Book Of Revelation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.