Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? (8778 Views)

Botswana Police Ranked Africa's Best, Nigeria At Bottom Of Global Report / Diezani Alison-Madueke Loses 56 Houses To FG, Court Orders Permanent Forfeiture / Nigeria At 56: Confusion In The Ranks - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Isotopes2015: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2016
"Naija is 51.
Some are celebrating why some are roaming helter skelter homeless and jobless.
Some will use bombs as bangers.
how are you celebrating or are u not.
Nigeria great people great nation".

Thanks to Facebook for keeping this memory.
I wrote that post 5 years ago,hoping that it might be improved on but its sad to see that it has worsen. So it won't be bad if I write this again!

While some are celebrating with millions of naira in the name of national, state or local cakes, so many will still be roaming helter skelter in the name of been homeless and jobless.

Where as, some think their several religious centres are the best place for this kind of celebration. Most people will actually remain at home watching TV and will just prefer seeing as the news (good or bad) unfolds.

Some even will think its better to celebrate with bombs exploding as fireworks or gun shots spreading round like water from an irrigation process!

Not forgetting also, our dear brothers and sisters who would prefer to take the partying to several clubhouses and lounges.

Oh! How ironic
Nigeria! Great People!! Great Nation!!!

How are you celebrating your nation at 56?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Isotopes2015: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2016
lalasticlala, please do justice
Jah bless!!!
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Dyt(f): 11:03am On Oct 01, 2016
No light
No water

undecided undecided undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by emeraldknytt(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2016
To be honest, I am doing the dirty laundry in my house including the curtains and the footpads. Maybe I'll take a walk to let loose of the agony of underdevelopment.... in the evening

18 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Isotopes2015: 11:25am On Oct 01, 2016
emeraldknytt:
To be honest, I am doing the dirty laundry in my house including the curtains and the footpads. Maybe I'll take a walk to let loose of the agony of underdevelopment.... in the evening

That's thoughtful.
The best we can do is to take it off our minds!

4 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by SurePresident: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
Have you heard about the forthcoming the program "What Can We Do For Nigeria?"
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by PierreDeFermat(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
I'm hissing all the time cos of a man that's been owing me money for long and making feel frustrated

11 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by VickyRotex(f): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
My heartfelt prayer: God Bless Nigeria! cry

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Rapmoney(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
Whether Nigeria is 10 years old, 25 years old or 56 years old, there is nothing worthy to celebrate about!!! I can only celebrate the successes in my life and not the ('In')dependence of an artificial political entity, hurriedly put together by some God-forsaken white bastar.ds from faraway Europe! angry

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Bgorgeous: 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
No joy

1 Like

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by nazeefsco(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
Wishing nigeria more successful years...

1 Like

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by tuoyoojo(m): 4:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
I formerly had a lot of faith in the Nigerian project but right now, I really don't care

there is an adage that says "a day that would be good, you would start noticing for the morning time"

we (leaders and followers) still keeping doing the same thing that keeps us backwards

we are going round in one big cycle

patriotism is not cheap. it is earned. earned with good policies and a knowing that the government cares of its citizens (I means the ordinary citizens)

I just dey my house they sleep since after a finished some chores

ask yourself what have achieved to celebrate about

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Kenneth205(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2016
Judging by the independence speech of President Buhari, it seems they've identified our problems. They just need to expedite the solutions

3 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by MisterGrace: 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
I have been sick all day... Spent over #4000 in the hospital.

All the same, thank God for life.

God heal our land.

9 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Vickiweezy(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
Very wonderful, Better than my regular days...
Today, there is..
No light...
No food...
No money...
No where to go (Nobody wan invite person come im house dis holiday)
Its very very great, i"m enjoying the holiday.
Thank u Buhari! Thank u APC!! Thank u Recession!!!

22 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by dollyjoy(f): 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
In my house,sleeping.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Kangol99(m): 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
Going to out reach to win more souls for Christ.

10 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2016
emeraldknytt:
HAHAHAHA, we have some things together #washing

1 Like

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by dollyjoy(f): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
MisterGrace:
I have been sick all day... Spent over #4000 in the hospital.

All the same, thank God for life.

God heal our land.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew, you will be fine smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
Debaddest:
I'm not celebrating cos our horses are nowhere to be found, cos they've been complaining of good water to drink
I fit donate my kpalakuku,.... and my two goat, for d sake of my country

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by MedicalSamwise(m): 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
Is today independence day?? angry[color=#990000][/color] angry angry
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Debaddest(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
Taichimaster:
I fit donate my kpalakuku,.... and my two goat, for d sake of my country

You will be feeding the goat with imported grass

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by VickyRotex(f): 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
tuoyoojo:
I formerly had a lot of faith in the Nigerian project but right now, I really don't care

there is an adage that says "a day that would be good, you would start noticing for the morning time"

we (leaders and followers) still keeping doing the same thing that keeps us backwards

we are going round in one big cycle

patriotism is not cheap. it is earned. earned with good policies and a knowing that the government cares of its citizens (I means the ordinary citizens)

I just dey my house they sleep since after a finished some chores

ask yourself what have achieved to celebrate about

shocked RIP English! cry cry cry

Na joke o undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by HDee(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
angry

For me o.. Nothing to celebrate about Nigeria.

And for those celebrating, check below, see where this country is heading.

5 Likes

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by vicola0281: 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
av been banging my visiting galfrnd frm abj since morning... wish tomarro was anoda independence day
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by gudnex22(m): 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
This govt bad no celebration at all my prayer is that let God treat Buhari and ALL APC members the way buhari is treating us.

Qυσтє мє αи∂ ∂ιє

1 Like

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by jokerphilics(m): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
Just semi with ponno kika. No light so na to hit viewing centre to watch ball
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by jokerphilics(m): 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
Just finish semo with ponno kika. No light so na to hit viewing centre to watch ball. Lol
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Capableben(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
Im a patriotic Nigerian, and today is a very important day to me so much so that I wrote, recorded and dedicated a track to Nigeria, titled My Nation.

To answer your question, I have been dancing to My Nation, while reflecting upon our journey so far as a nation. My hope in the country has been re-ignited and I'm not giving up on Nigeria any time soon!

Join me and dance to My Nation

Download links:

http://kingdomboiz.com/download-music-mastaben-nation-ft-ls-ecorest/

https://spinlet.com/album/300943

1 Like

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Weedcrusher: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
I will celebrate it by listening to Legendary Fela Anikulapo-Kuti

There are numerous Fela songs where he foresaw and sang about what is happening today 30, 40 years ago

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
Debaddest:

You will be feeding the goat with imported grass
buhahahahaha... funny dude, abi nigeria no be land filled with milk and honey again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Murtala Mohammed's 78th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / COVID-19: Governor Umahi, Daughter And His 3 Aides Test Negative / Kaduna State Pays End Of Year Bonus, Junior Staff Get 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.