Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? (8791 Views)

Botswana Police Ranked Africa's Best, Nigeria At Bottom Of Global Report / Diezani Alison-Madueke Loses 56 Houses To FG, Court Orders Permanent Forfeiture / Nigeria At 56: Confusion In The Ranks - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by beasty: 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
....just trying to calm the beast in me with a good w...... its not worth the celebration....
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by diegwu01: 6:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
HDee:
angry

For me o.. Nothing to celebrate about Nigeria.

And for those celebrating, check below, see where this country is heading.

There are nations with worse currencies but doing very well.
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by kaliyu97(m): 6:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
I am grin
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by StarPlayer: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
Dyt:
No light
No water

undecided undecided undecided
funny enough my father's house is a duplex and pipe borne water flows all the way upstairs from water board every day, even today. If i lie make thunder wipe me and if i say the truth it shall never be well with you.
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by StarPlayer: 6:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
VickyRotex:
My heartfelt prayer: God Bless Nigeria! cry
i concur even though you ran away from nigeria.
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by VickyRotex(f): 6:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
StarPlayer:
i concur even though you ran away from nigeria.

lol. I did not. I'm coming back cry cry

Btw, unveil the mask, who are you? undecided
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by VickyRotex(f): 6:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
promkingzz:

See. The thing is.. u can't deny that u got the message he was trying to pass along even if it wasn't well constructed grammatically.. but yet you decided to be a bad mouth about it. What value have u added to this thread with your negativity and self glorification; since you know better. Na your type put naija for this situation wey e dey so. Your type! Support your brother! Whether good or bad. Mumu

Thank You Sir!
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by StarPlayer: 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2016
VickyRotex:

lol. I did not. I'm coming back cry cry

Btw, unveil the mask, who are you? undecided
Haha.. I'm a banned friend of yours. Don't worry, still love you wink
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by VickyRotex(f): 6:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
StarPlayer:
Haha.. I'm a banned friend of yours. Don't worry, still love you wink

Aayyyaaaahhh! How many years ban? tongue

First and last letter of previous moniker? angry
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by otokx(m): 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
No light, No salary, how does one celebrate? by faith shey?
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by labeerson: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rapmoney:
Whether Nigeria is 10 years old, 25 years old or 56 years old, there is nothing worthy to celebrate about!!! I can only celebrate the successes in my life and not the ('In')dependence of an artificial political entity, hurriedly put together by some God-forsaken white bastar.ds from faraway Europe! angry
You actually hit the nail on the head.......... No joy bro....

1 Like

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by PrettyMizQdot(f): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
Celebratin "Independence Day" kwa?...wen d first news i eard dis mornin was d@ d price of 1 keg of palm-oil as increasd by #900...thou i was appeasd by d light we get...
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by StarPlayer: 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
VickyRotex:

Aayyyaaaahhh! How many years ban? tongue

First and last letter of previous moniker? angry
Lol.. It was a 2 month ban, but will end by the end of this month. Hope all is well?
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by VickyRotex(f): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
StarPlayer:
Lol.. It was a 2 month ban, but will end by the end of this month. Hope all is well?

Oh! All the best with that!

Yes, all is well. Bless God! Yourself?
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by bethelmendels(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nigeria @56: Group celebrate by distributing free clothes to the poor

To mark Nigeria's Independence celebration, a humanitarian organization, Voice of Change Network International , stormed the Ajegunle-Ikorudu community in Lagos, to distribute free clothes to poor children and adults. This was done under the auspices of its Project- Help-a-Child Cloth Bank Initiative.
According to the leader of the group, Mr. Azemobor Gregory, the cloth bank initiative was borne out of the need to provide clothing to millions of children and adult in Nigeria, who do not have sufficient clothes to wear. He observed that while many people go about naked or scantily dressed, yet many rich and average families have heaps of unused clothes stacked up in their wardrobes. This cloth bank initiative according to him was launched to bridge the gap between those that have abundant clothes and those that have none.
Speaking, during the free cloth distribution program in Ajegunle, Ikorodu, which is the inaugural event to kick start the campaign, Azemobor said, “ We are here today, to kick start the cloth bank campaign. The aim of the initiative is to help provide free clothing to millions of children and adult who do not have clothes to wear. What we do is to collect unused clothes from rich and average income families, and distribute those clothes to the poor. This project is so timely in Nigeria, especially during this period of recession where many Nigeria families could barely feed not to talk of buying clothes for their kids”
Speaking further, Azemobor said “This initiative is in line with our Project- Help-a- Child Global Campaign that is envisioned to ‘create a world where no child lives in lack’. We are determined to ensure that every poor child in Nigeria is provided adequate clothing. Let me also use this opportunity to enjoin Nigerians to be their brother’s keeper and, learn to always give to the poor and the needy around us. Look, if you have some clothes that you have not used within the past six months, I do not think you need those clothes, give then out to the less privilege around you. Do you know that your children’s clothes that are stacked up in the wardrobe can bring great succor to a poor family? Come on let us show some love to each other!
“ The vision of the Project-Help-a-Child Cloth Bank is to build a big warehouse that will serve as a massive collection and distribution centre for used clothes, shoes, school bags toys etc. The rich and average families can walk in and drop their unused children and adult clothes, and other items. While the poor can also walk in with their children to get free clothes. The facility will also have a laundry, barbing and free food kitchen”
The Ajegunle-Ikorodu free clothes distribution was a massive success as residents: children , adults and the elderlies trooped out amidst the showers of rain to benefit from the gesture. They were full of smiles as they thank the Project-Help-a-Child team for this noble vision.
The free clothes distribution program is going to be done on monthly basis and the organization is using this medium to appeal to kind- hearted Nigerians to support the project by sending in their unused clothes . Just give them a call and they would be there to pick them up. call 08080741414,
www.facebook.com/ project help a child global campign
www.projecthelpachild.com
https://www.facebook.com/azemobor.gregory

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Doyin400l(m): 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2016
Me just dey flex my phone ooo.. Thanks to Nairaland , if not I for bore tire.
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by tuoyoojo(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
VickyRotex:

shocked RIP English! cry cry cry

Na joke o undecided

na me me sef laugh after I read wetin I write o. na rush to type quick before e commot from first page o

you know how e be na
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Ramj: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
My way of Celebrating Independence
Nigeria @56 - A Question worth asking?
youreyesright.org/does-change-begin-with-me-nigeria/

Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by VickyRotex(f): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
tuoyoojo:

na me me sef laugh after I read wetin I write o. na rush to type quick before e commot from first page o

you know how e be na

No mind me jere. Na joke I dey joke. Na trouble I dey find. grin

No one is above mistake.

Good to know you dint take it personal.
#Maturity_Speaks! cool
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Mafia4life(m): 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
nazeefsco:
Wishing nigeria more successful years...
Was there a successful year in Nigeria?
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by abbeylincon23: 10:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
celebrate keh?....wey i neva eat
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by ChimaAdeoye: 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
Abeg, what is worthy of celebration in Nigeria today?

Our hungry children because of expensive food price?
Our government?
Our corruption?
Our disunity?
Our poor infrastructure?
Our economy?
Our growing militancy due to injustices meted to the 5%
Our failing currency that many airlines have started rejecting and even accepting Cameroonian CFA or Ghana Cedi than naira?
Our monumental rigging of elections to make sure the APC must win every election in Nigeria, even when the people want change?

Nigeria is not worth mentioning these days, talk more of celebrating.
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by spartoo: 11:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
gudnex22:

Qυσтє мє αи∂ ∂ιє

I likes this font. how do I gets it. grin
Re: How Are You Celebrating Nigeria At 56? by Kobicove(m): 9:52am On Oct 03, 2016
Nothing worth celebrating undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG, States, Lgs Share N420bn For October - Adeosun / Remi Tinubu Set For Senate / IMAGINE: Netanyahu, The Prime Minister Of Israel Insulting Us The Blacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.