Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (72289 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2016
Aringon:

Do you love her dearly? Then let your love for her cover such wrong and move on with your marriage because age is just a number
love? wtfk is that? what would he love her for now? where's the trust to love?

even God loves for a reason. he loves those who worship him and promise them mansions made of gold.

what should be the basic of his love now? can you please explain this love you talk about?

am going crazy right now

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Tpl2015: 8:17am On Oct 04, 2016
Op, its annoying but u need to 4give n go ahead. Love n ur kids, b happy wit urself. Such is life. Thanks
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Emasel(m): 8:27am On Oct 04, 2016
Age is one common thing that women lie about, and I wonder why
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2016
Na you sabi,all women does that,when a woman tells you that she is twenty five,beAr in mind that she is 31.
Since our marriage in 2011 I have not set eyes on my wife birth certificate,but due to her action which emanate from always trying to stand head to head with me,I decide to invade her box where she kept all her documents,I saw her birth certificate that supposed to be 1981 change to 84 with a black pen.when I saw that I smile and said"women can never change"
Well my conclusion was ,I married her for love not age.
I advice you to do same.
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by pepigeorge(m): 8:30am On Oct 04, 2016
dollyjoy:
You want to divorce a legally married woman who has risked her life to make you a man because of age issues? Nigga you are bluffing!!

Your stance would have been understandable if the affair is just a b.fr and g.fr thing.

She lied.....
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TerrorSquad147: 8:30am On Oct 04, 2016
chronique:
Any good quality red wine would do.
no wahala bro
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by militarypasto2: 8:33am On Oct 04, 2016
my brother u better be-careful on your decision. age is not a problem in marriage. marriage is for companion then procreation.i had similar experience . my wife is 3yers older than me. i thought about letting go but God didn't support divorce ,cos biblical ground for divorce is only on sexual immorality.God hate divorce. if u do it u will regret.
[s][/s][color=#006600][/color]

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Jailerrr(f): 8:35am On Oct 04, 2016
You guys always fucking threatening of divorce, gosh! just because of the age difference you wanna divorce, that woman you love with everything in you,go ahead and do that and who fucking cares,mtwwww some guys are just bitches.You guys always fucking threatening of divorce, gosh! just because of the age difference you wanna divorce, that woman you love with everything in you,go ahead and do that and who fucking cares,mtwwww some guys are just bitches.You guys always fucking threatening of divorce, gosh! just because of the age difference you wanna divorce, that woman you love with everything in you,go ahead and do that and who fucking cares,mtwwww some guys are just bitches.

4 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by kayowalemi(m): 8:42am On Oct 04, 2016
Mr. Man forget about her age. Although she might be holding other secret from u but I can read from her action is that she loves u dearly and will do anything to marry you.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Blackfire(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2016
I wish the wife I would take to the alter will be older than me with 2 to 4 years gap.

@op u deserve a king Kong slap.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Forwetinnah: 8:54am On Oct 04, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The deed is already done. The marriage is already damaged as he's going to always wonder what else she's keeping from him. He's going to second-guess every decision she makes, everything she says is going to be scrutinized consciously or otherwise through the lens of this lie. Eventually, he's going to be irritated by her every deed and their marriage will disintegrate slowly. The divorce is only a matter or time. I won't blame him if he makes the move now...Note that I give room for the very slim possibility that he forgives her and they get to live happily ever after.

Wonders shall never end. ..see people wey dey support APC with all their illegality especially Booooohari age cheat and WAEC saga dey here dey preach sincerity. Chhaaaaaaaa!! Hypocrites everywhere!! You and realmindz..smh

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nkechiben(f): 8:56am On Oct 04, 2016
Many women are like that it's hard to see a woman that will actually tell u her real age. Even the ones that u know are up to 50 yrs will claim 35 yrs. The younger ones of 25 will claim 20 so it's in our nature. Even some men too. So guy pls still see her the way you've been seeing her before now and don't allow the devil to penetrate into your marriage because of this issue.

See, this time it is even more safer to marry a matured lady than younger ones Why? Because a matured lady is ready for marriage and can successfully face whatever challenges that comes with marriage, also contribute financially too.

I don't really know why men see age as a barrier for marriage. As long as the lady is ready to submit to the man, a Godly person and the gap is not much nor too obvious I don't think there's nothing wrong with that. Age is just a number. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by salvation77177: 8:56am On Oct 04, 2016
The woman is wrong and her action is actually painful. Very bad thing to do. But beloved, what has happened has happened. Please, for the sake of God and your children, divorce is not the solution. I will advise you to forgive her and move ahead with your life. Life's short and one should make a good use of the opportunities in it when the time is still there.
Do not bring more problems to yourself and children by divorcing her because of her initial lies. You do not know the next woman you may meet;maybe more deceptive than this the present one. I know how you feel about this issue but forgive and forget. Allow peace to reign in your heart, please.

4 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by koboko69: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2016
chuksbogus2001:
All those that comment didn't address the issue at hand .you guys are absolving the wife of any wrong doing making it look like the guy I not suppose to feel bad after finding out this.what is there are other things this guy is yet to find out.I expect people to first condemn the wife for lying to the husband .in fact she deceived the guy into the marriage.if the guy is aware of the age then he can make an inform decision .

Now ,op I know u are feeling bad about this but you have to put urself together.has she not been a food wife to u? remember her good attributes and forgive her. I guess she did it cos she doesn't want to loose u.

God bless u. U are so wise. I was getting nauseated had the commments i was reading at first. Someone lied about being 6 years younger to get into marriage and so many hypocrites are dismissing it as nothing instead of condemning the woman first then advicing as u just did. This is even a criminal offence....

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by dre11(m): 8:59am On Oct 04, 2016
the comments I did read on the first page of this thread is just nauseating......

marriages is based on love and one major ingredients that makes love grows is "trust" and if he couldn't trust his wife .......

then the marriage is heading for the rocks.

who knows she has more lies covered that her husband will soon be unveiling as the years go by.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nkechiben(f): 9:04am On Oct 04, 2016
dre11:

the comments I did read on the first page of this thread is just nauseating......

marriages is based on love and one major ingredients that makes love grows is "trust" and if he couldn't trust his wife .......

who knows she has more lies covered that her husband will soon be unveiling as the years go by.

But he has been leaving with her all these yrs nah. He did not complain any negative thing about her except this age thing.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by koboko69: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2016
werthy:
Op, you have been enjoying a woman who is older than you for about five years and yet you arw conplaining about age wahala,

Its not even about the most important thing which is her respect for you

Bro.... you are still a boy...

Tired of seeing babies with grown fallangies inbetween their legs getting married because the feel they have aged enough

This is day light fraud and a criminal offence and u are insulting the OP about it while u absorb the woman of any wrong doing. If an organization can terminate ur appointment if such fraud is discovered, the OP as a right to be angry. The ideal thing to do is to condemn the liar first, then advice positively not throwing hypocritical insults to the OP. Falsification of age is even criminal offence in law. This is not about the OP being an overgrown baby, but it is about u being childish with ur immature comments and advice.

3 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by edbor(m): 9:10am On Oct 04, 2016
nkechiben:

But he has been leaving with her all these yrs nah. He did not complain any negative thing about her except this age thing.

i would feel cheated, coerced into the union. why didn't she tell him before marrying him?

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by newmusic: 9:10am On Oct 04, 2016
Guy you are not serious if you want to divorce your wife cause of age falsification...you want to do iranu before so stop using that as an excuse, makes no sense at all. Forgive her and continue with your happy marriage.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by flokii: 9:11am On Oct 04, 2016
nkechiben:

it's "living" and not what you typed up there.. you're welcome

in case you dnt know.. not everyone can stand liars, d love and respect automatically dwindles upon such discovery..
Proud Liars are worthless beings who do not deserve any form of happiness. Even d creator frowns at such

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by koboko69: 9:13am On Oct 04, 2016
dre11:

As if i read u comment before. To make it worse, falsification of age is even a criminal offence in law. An organization can terminate ur appointment or takw actions against u if such fraud ia discovered yet so many hypocrites on the first page were insulting the OP. May of them wouldn't have felt different if they found out such about their wife.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 9:15am On Oct 04, 2016
Forwetinnah:

Wonders shall never end. ..see people wey dey support APC with all their illegality especially Booooohari age cheat and WAEC saga dey here dey preach sincerity. Chhaaaaaaaa!! Hypocrites everywhere!! You and realmindz..smh
Your stupidity is depressing. I won't bother explaining to you because you still won't understand. BLOCKHEAD

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ngokafor(f): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2016
.....@op i hope you have started divorce proceedings because your wife 'lied' about her age as your fellow clowns on this thread has advised??....please throw her out fast as well as your children without delay and look for a 15yr old to marry and live happily ever after undecided

.....yeye confused things who do not have the foggiest idea what marrige is about angry

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by josite: 9:17am On Oct 04, 2016
She wronged you on a fundamental level.but allow that wrong to be forgiven since she has been a good wife to you and make you a proud father.to intending groom,please know it is your duty to go on a fact finding mission to verify every information given to you by your intending bride or groom.

dont expect a lady to tell u she is LovePeddler,u have to find out and dont expect a guy to tell he is a thief.you have to find out.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 04, 2016
Age falsification should not be a barrier. What if she was an international professional footballer and she is raking in millions, would you contemplate divorce? Besides you loved her irrespective of her age. You can only move on and get on with life,get her the job.Besides we all lie about certain other things like how many girls we've dated,if we've cheated. Boss a lie is a lie.
Cheer up and love her.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by queencalipso(f): 9:22am On Oct 04, 2016
awelekiti:
It goes beyond what you think. It's better imagined than experienced. Instead of filing for a divorce, involving her family where he married her from will solve the problem.

Why will he consider divorce for some thing so simple? The marriage have so far be going well until now (so I think). Did he even consider the fact that she may be telling the truth? If he involves family members, we both know the highest that will happen is for them to prostrate and beg him not to divorce her.

So if he will eventually forgive her, why involve family? Two is a company, three is a crowd not who it is. Not every issue one have to take to family members except when they can't sort it between them selves.

In my opinion it's not a serious issue the way he made it look. Except there's something he's not saying.

If the marriage have been going smoothly before now, I think he should forgive and take her back. If he divorce her, what's the certainty that his next woman won't be worse?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by heilige(m): 9:25am On Oct 04, 2016
Guy muscle up and love the woman. Age is just number. Women are like red wine, the older they are the sweeter they become. Enjoy your red wine bro. No divorce. Love her more. This is no issue at all. People change age to remain in a profession, ask our footballers.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nkechiben(f): 9:39am On Oct 04, 2016
This man u need to walk on ur character. Ur roaring like this in Nairaland , what happens where u dwell I wonder. Must u express urself this way?Is amadioha or what do u call ur father? Pls be conscious of what say! It is well with u though.
TerrorSquad147:
AMEN OOO

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nkechiben(f): 9:42am On Oct 04, 2016
National mens orientation programm? yES O BUT STARTING FROM U!
samuel051:
u re nothing but a dummy a mannequin. i salute ur stupidity be cos it exceed human comprehension.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nkechiben(f): 9:45am On Oct 04, 2016
Age reader! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Looooolsss I like that!
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nkechiben(f): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2016
truthsayer007:

One thing I have noticed is women lie about their age almost all the time. My ex girlfriend lied about her age until I got to find out after spoofing her gmail acct. Till today she doesn't know I discovered she's 3years older than me.

So now, I am more smarter and never ask a girl am dating about her age. Instead I would find out myself by violating her privacy. Because they will always lie or just tell you 'am in my Twenties".

Ok o! Continue but be getting to face the law one day ok? grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

American Woman's Father Accepts Her Nigerian Husband Finally / Delta Hunter Lures Housewife Into Sex Romp In A Thick Forest With Bush Meat / A Young Girl, 5, Wanders From Mushin To INEC Office Yaba Says Her Father Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.