Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? (11469 Views)

Is It Wrong To Compliment Another Man's Wife Or Girlfriend? / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends / Another Beautiful Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by blandyne(f): 1:33am On Oct 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Errm, not really. Rather, I think its people with complexes that cannot take compliments in stride.

I've never and still don't have problems complimenting girls, I just know the kind of girls to compliment. Usually, the reaction of the complimented puts me off. You'd get stuff like :

Me: Hey, I like you dress, it really looks nice on you.
Her: I know

or

Me: What have you been eating? Makes your skin look great
Her: If I were you, I'd eat fruits for the rest of my life

or

Me: Hey, my boyfriend saw you the other day and said you are really pretty
Her: Do you think you're finer than me?

PS. I didn't make any of those conversations up, they actually happened! This is why I get miserly with my compliments.

Thank you, thank you!!!!!! You're so right. I don't have any problems complimenting other women either, but like you said some of them seems to have a problem with it. I don't get their reactions at all. Shouldn't they be happy when u compliment them, but nooooo they have to be nasty with you.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by iice(f): 3:30pm On Oct 17, 2009
are the compliments food? undecided
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Busybody2(f): 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2009
babyx:

@Poster
I can't explain why we ladies cant compliment each other when we look hot, i guess its a girl thing. For me i do give compliments, but i find my male friends wonder if am ok, anytime i draw their attention to a good look gal. smiley

Exactly, then they (the guys) start asking if I am a lesbian and start giving me queer looks cheesy Guess you can't win undecided
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by muffins(f): 9:42pm On Oct 17, 2009
Cos, it sounds so gayish. cool
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Nobody: 2:59am On Oct 18, 2009
dont know what the OP is talking about.

girls compliment each other all the time here.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by ritaNL: 3:11am On Oct 18, 2009
I dont care if you compliment me or not but why should i compliment others?
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by africhika(f): 3:25am On Oct 18, 2009
it's either or---    you're either a female who compliments or one who doesn't. i know some ladies who seriously think complmting other females is like--- bowing down. it's silly. but that's how some think.

i compliment. but sometimes i find if u compliment too much, females will see u as naive, so i've calmed down on how i handout compliments.

its annoying when a group of 5 females  re  starin me down, admiring my outfit  wth hard glares.
it's childish.

but do guys compliment each other?
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by chelseabmw(m): 12:50am On Oct 19, 2009
GIRLS OTHER NAME IS JEALOUSY, So there is no way they can compliment each other
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 19, 2009
anyway, quick correction: some girls compliment.

spikedcylinder you have a few weird friends i must say shocked

females compliment each other on things like hair and stuff.

most times when women run each other down its usually because there's a man involved. Not always though.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by spikedcylinder: 9:47am On Oct 19, 2009
tpia.:

spikedcylinder you have a few weird friends i must say shocked

Lol. Tell me about it. cheesy
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by debest1(m): 9:57am On Oct 19, 2009
@ post
it all boils down to envy and inscecurity. I deally most girls will feel nothing about complimenting their friends, but deep down if the friend happens to be prettier or dresses better they often givesuch compliments with a tinge of hypocrisy and even sarcasm,
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by iice(f): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
tpia.:

females compliment each other on things like hair and stuff.

most times when women run each other down its usually because there's a man involved. Not always though.

True that
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by chinesedoll(f): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2009
No big deal in giving out compliments to a fellow babe
but like hell I remember one incident that happened at tthe beach a while ago
was with my friends and we saw this really cool looking chic her skin was like wow
so I and my padddy walked up to her and we were like u have a lovely skin instead of d stupid babe to utter a simple thank you she looked at us and was like "I know"
infact the razzness in me came all out that day, but that did not still stop me from telling another bab that her hair looks nice or she has a luvly skin tone. cool cool cool
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by finemocha(f): 2:18am On Nov 25, 2009
well to each his own. i have friends that give compliments to girls while i have others that dont. it might also just boil down to personality. i think it might be a little unfair to jump to the conclusion of jealousy. i also have a lot of freinds who are higly delusional and believe every girl is jealous of them
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Gabry(f): 6:17am On Nov 25, 2009
@Topic

Well, do you see guys complimenting other guys?> I dont think so!
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by oyinda3(f): 8:36am On Nov 25, 2009
I compliment girls ALL the time. but only girls that are nice or modest. if she seems stuck up or cocky (like spikey's friends) then i assume she doesn't need the compliments and move on. lol

it's funny a guy created this topic. do guys compliment each other at all?
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by SisiKill1: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2009
Lmao @ Topic!

Not only are some girls not complimenting, they start hating on girls who are complimented. You needn't go too far to see the sample of that. . .just park yourself on NL for 5mins. When a girl is complimented on NL, she automatically becomes public enemy #1 to some girls.

It's sad and so sick, honestly.

@ spike
Rotflmao! How about. . .

Me - Hey, those are really Lovely Shoes!

Her - (like she's got a gun to her head) Thanks.

Me - Where did ya get 'em?

Her - (mumbling) I don't remember.

Me - you don't remember?

Her - (snapping) it's been awhile.

Me - Hmmm.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by spikedcylinder: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2009
Sisi_Kill:

Lmao @ Topic!

Not only are some girls not complimenting, they start hating on girls who are complimented. You needn't go too far to see the sample of that. . .just park yourself on NL for 5mins. When a girl is complimented on NL, she automatically becomes public enemy #1 to some girls.

It's sad and so sick, honestly.

@ spike
Rotflmao! How about. . .

Me - Hey, those are really Lovely Shoes!

Her - (like she's got a gun to her head) Thanks.

Me - Where did ya get 'em?

Her - (mumbling) I don't remember.

Me - you don't remember?

Her - (snapping) it's been awhile.

Me - Hmmm.

That same convo happened with me too. I have his colleague that NEVER remembers where she gets her stuff even if they are brand new. And she follows me around when I go shopping.
Weird.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by netotse(m): 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2009
i dont get something, are we talking about people that know each other? or strangers complimenting each other?
cos spikey's talking abt ppl you know and ogidi was talking about ppl you dont know

me i can compliment guys i know o, na small sturvs, as for guys i dont know, if they're wearing something really bunz and i want to know where i just might. . .

and if anyone's wondering if i'm a queen, i could give you references. . .
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by finemocha(f): 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2009
the type of complimenting i do is in fashion. that's all i really care about anyway. if the babe or guy is fine trust me they konw it. so i assume they dont need me telling them. i mean she or he has to be like freaking drop dead gorgeous like lola luv feshgenet or shemar moore b4 i will even compliment on their face.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by Sauron1: 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2009
rave2u:

I'm not trying to generalize, but I've noticed a lot of them females find it hard complimenting another pretty female girl?

I just want to know why this is so?  undecided

Because women are envious, hypocritical and crazy bunch of species.
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by oyinda3(f): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2009
women compliment each other all the time. i don't get these comments
Re: Why Can't Most Girls Compliment Another Beautiful Girls? by sjeezy8: 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2009
they do ALL the time

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Photos Of Black Facebook Slay Mama - See Bra / Best Ways To Toast A Girl . . . What To Say\do And Not To Say\do? / More Big Yansh ( Pics )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.