Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? (1386 Views)

My Mom Doesn't Want Me To Marry My Fiancee Because She's 5 Years Older Than Me / My Fiancée Is 7 Years Older Than Me / Marrying A Lady 6 Years Older (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nelbless(m): 7:46am On Oct 02, 2016
I'm a 32 years Old man; A Motivational Speaker/Investor; I've had several affairs that have always ended with infidelity from the part of my partner or loss of interest from me due to the level of mentality of my female counterpart; as by nature.....I have tall dreams and aspirations for my future .......

few weeks ago; I pumped into this 18 year old undergraduate...medical student; at first I projected her to be in her 20s; 23 or 24 as she looks older/extremely brilliant and very very spiritual.....i liked her immediately

we became acquaintance; and I drew her closer; mentoring her; but then I learnt she is only 18...

Honestly this damsel has everything I need in a wife; the maturity at age 18; lost the Dad (hw was actually murdered)when she was younger...and grew up under the care of a single mother.

she is extremely brilliant and reasonable; which makes our chemistry "PERFECT!"

appearance wise....well I'm that sort of specie of human that looks younger than their actual age, standing at 5.9ft

She understands me perfectly well; my huge dreams; and would often encourage and advices me On How to go about certain endevours.....which works out......again She is an African American Based In Louisiana. ....While I'm Based here In Ontario Canada....

we met in Austin; Few months ago....during one of my prigrams; .Honestly I don't know how to make this approach as the years may be a bit much
...for her....but not a detour to ME

MY INTENTION ACTUALLY IS TO KNOW IF ITS OK TO MAYBE PROPOSE TO HER; THEN SETTLE WITH HER WHEN SHE TURNA 19, 20 TOPS

so please house what do you think.......

please I honestly seek a constructive advice.....a little bashing though ......I understand ....falling for an 18 years Old? yes I know it's odd....but it's my heart.....and I can't help knocking this off.
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by saintfellow(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2016
you should be dating her mother and not the daughter.
she is suppose to be ur step daughter. OGA pls go and look for ur mate and leave her for young bloods like me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by midolian(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2016
Yea, you can propose to train her to the end.

Honestly this damsel has everything I need in a wife; the maturity at age 18; lost the Dad (he was actually murdered)when she was younger...and grew up under the care of a single mother.

The problem with most of us is that we see every food as edible. Some foods are not just meant for us but for some others.

Why not complement the single mother by fathering her daughter till the end? Must you tear her to be a good father?

Na una make fresh babes dey turn our advances down. If you marry our mates, who go come marry your mates? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by sobastical: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2016
To me that's child abuse and girl child marriage.
DON'T DO IT
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nelbless(m): 7:57am On Oct 02, 2016
saintfellow:
you should be dating her mother and not the daughter.

she is suppose to be ur step daughter.
OGA pls go and look for ur mate and leave her for young bloods like me.
thanks
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 02, 2016
What's the legal age to marry over there. If you think she's really into you, why not propose to her, then wait for her to graduate before you guys get married.

By then she would be older, and if you notice a change in character or whatever, you can end it.

Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by KevMitnick: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2016
She may be brilliant and intelligent but her emotional maturity is in question. Girls like that know nothing about relationships and dating. They are still like children, you will suffer just carrying the emotional burden of the relationship alone. Please look for your mate, or wait for her to turn 25.
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by babs01(m): 8:05am On Oct 02, 2016
but I'm 16 more than mine
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2016
KevMitnick:
She may be brilliant and intelligent but her emotional maturity is in question. Girls like that know nothing about relationships and dating. They are still like children, you will suffer just carrying the emotional burden of the relationship alone. Please look for your mate, or wait for her to turn 25.
this fellow said it all... turn no blind eyes to his words..
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nelbless(m): 8:08am On Oct 02, 2016
mhiz:
What's the legal age to marry over there. If you think she's really into you, why not propose to her, then wait for her to graduate before you guys get married.

By then she would be older, and if you notice a change in character or whatever, you can end it.

thanks.....still praying on it .....and even trying to allow life have it course on this.....

1 Like

Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by SUPERPACK: 8:09am On Oct 02, 2016
love does nt cost a thing, she is up to 18 years u can marry her.
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by dollyjoy(f): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2016
I think 18 years is quite low though,why not wait for her to graduate first?

Girls that age are usually emotionally immature.
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by thatNUPEboy: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2016
18? Is that not the age of consent? Why do you have to open a thread for this to seek people's opinion.

You are old enough to know the country is filled with hypocrites. Those advising against it will marry a 17yr old, even @ 40...and the ladies, the other way round.

If you don't marry her, an older man will. Go think about this and send me an invitation if you eventually decide wisely undecided

3 Likes

Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nelbless(m): 8:18am On Oct 02, 2016
KevMitnick:

very on point .....as survey has it that ladies over here that actually marries between the ages of 19 and 23 tend to divorce in their 30s; when maturity sets in......Am still talking to God about this....thanks so much
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nelbless(m): 8:22am On Oct 02, 2016
KevMitnick:

very on point .....as survey has it that ladies over here that actually marries between the ages of 19 and 23 tend to divorce in their 30s; when maturity sets in......Am still talking to God about this....thanks so much
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Kakamorufu(m): 8:24am On Oct 02, 2016
don't
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by whirlwind7(m): 8:28am On Oct 02, 2016
If you are coming to NL to ask this question, then I put it to you that you are not matured yourself.

A man of age 32 ought to know what to do with his life, not coming to a faceless forum to pose a question that has a lifelong implication to folks who do not and cannot have the level of info you are working with.

Nothing wrong with the age difference. But a lot is wrong with your approach to it.
An 18 year old could be inexperienced, but is still legally an adult. You haven't even done enough to be really convinced that proposing would be the next logical step.
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nelbless(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2016
MAYBE I FORGOT TO SAY THIS.....MY INTENTION AIN'T REALLY TOO MARRY HER RIGHT AWAY; BUT TO WAIT HER TURN 19; 20 OF 21 TOPS.....TO ENABLE ME SEE MORE OF HER AND HER EMOTIONAL MATURITY LEVEL TOO.

still praying on this anyways
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Nelbless(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2016
whirlwind7:
If you are coming to NL to ask this question, then I put it to you that you are not matured yourself.

A man of age 32 ought to know what to do with his life, not coming to a faceless forum to pose a question that has a lifelong implication to folks who do not and cannot have the level of info you are working with.

Nothing wrong with the age difference. But a lot is wrong with your approach to it.
An 18 year old could be inexperienced, but is still legally an adult. You haven't even done enough to be really convinced that proposing would be the next logical step.

fantastic.....Thanks a bunch for showing me how foolish I am.....

one more thing.....may you never be on crossroad in life....

Why must Nigerians have a say even in issues....they least understand.....

what happens to freedom .........must I die in silence....all because I believe I should be man enough to handle this issue. ...

I Guess you haven't felt this way before or maybe ...if married .....you have lost that spark in your marraige....

affection sometimes breaks even the meanest of all men.

Am sorry if you find this offensive

1 Like

Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Gebbson007(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2016
Child abuse
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by Zirah: 9:58am On Oct 02, 2016
Then don't propose her. Wait till you're ready. It's selfish to propose when you're still "trying to see" (irrespective of what your intentions may be). You have a steady relationship with her already, be contented with that. When you're done evaluating and compiling, you can then propose to her.

Note: She's too young. It feels selfish and unfair to her. Pls give her time.

Nelbless:
MAYBE I FORGOT TO SAY THIS.....MY INTENTION AIN'T REALLY TOO MARRY HER RIGHT AWAY; BUT TO WAIT HER TURN 19; 20 OF 21 TOPS.....TO ENABLE ME SEE MORE OF HER AND HER EMOTIONAL MATURITY LEVEL TOO.

still praying on this anyways
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by bitchcrafts: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2016
The picture of your 32yesold self or adonblifit... Seeing the pic (of u maybe) on your profile, just fogerit she wont bug tongue.
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by AuroraB(f): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2016
mhiz:

Babe, you fall hand oooo. See as men dey give ogbonge points here naaa. Even @Dollyjoy? You here championing a cause that could be delirious and even advising the man to leave if...kai sad embarassed
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by AuroraB(f): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2016
bitchcrafts:
The picture of your 32yesold self or adonblifit... Seeing the pic (of u maybe) on your profile, just fogerit she wont bug tongue.
cheesy cheesy cheesy Negodu evuls grin
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2016
midolian:
Yea, you can propose to train her to the end.

The problem with most of us is that we see every food as edible. Some foods are not just meant for us but for some others.

Why not complement the single mother by fathering her daughter till the end? Must you tear her to be a good father?

Na una make fresh babes dey turn our advances down. If you marry our mates, who go come marry your mates? angry

Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by midolian(m): 11:13am On Oct 02, 2016
[quote author=BeeBeeOoh post=49848187][/quote] cheesy grin

Vagina bi bawo? cheesy
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2016
midolian:
cheesy grin

Vagina bi bawo? cheesy
abii e no do or makai Adam soki-soki.. wink angry
Re: Am 14 Years Older Than Her; Can I Propose? by bitchcrafts: 2:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
AuroraB:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Negodu evuls grin
Negodu Akproko ;P

(1) (Reply)

12 Challenges Nigerian Girls Go Through That Men Just Don't Get / CURIOUS: Any Brothel In NIGERIA Where Women Visit For Sexual Pleasure? / Guys Is Dis Tru? Why Do Guys Think Ladies With Mini Skirt Are Not Wife Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.