Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? (37603 Views)

kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused / Should She Take The Offer Or Not / Who Elsh Got This Offer Or Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
Please I need an advice of experienced peeps here.
A friend of mine working in Dubai wants to link me up with a factory job of 400k salary, and also I am due to partake in one year vocational training in Nigeria Law school that would enable me to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria.
Now I'm left in the dilemma of accepting his offer to link me up with the job or proceed to Nigeria Law School to qualify as a lawyer in Nigeria

Please what do I do?

dont try it.... I've gotten ds offers too but they are not true. You'll get there and realize the offers aint true.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by babeface3: 4:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
A friend of mine working in Dubai wants to link me up with a factory job of 400k salary, and also I am due to partake in one year vocational training in Nigeria Law school that would enable me to practice as a lawyer in Nigeria.
Now I'm left in the dilemma of accepting his offer to link me up with the job or proceed to Nigeria Law School to qualify as a lawyer in Nigeria

Please what do I do?
hey brov. You will work yourself to the mills. You will rob shoulders with starkvillitrrated who are not an inch qualified to stand near you. You will be emotionally disturbed because of your status. You will also seek further works wherein you may work more hours and in up to 3 places to utilise your decision in a way to justify such. You may never be fulfilled . Its not all about money. I was there at some point. As a lawyer there are prospects till you die. Your head is always high even if you decide to leave after your call say to same Dubai. You will have more chance and better prospects.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Tommfrench(m): 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2016
Speeddial:
how many lawyers receive 400k monthly?
D big question
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by divinelove(m): 4:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
I have learnt from all of your contributions... I think I will continue in my career path. Nothing can be so dignifying than being a lawyer.
With time and by God's grace, I will reap the benefits of the calling.

If u dnt take this offer u will surely regret it, one dollar will soon hit 1000naira b4 June 2017 if this clueless Govt continues.

Very few lawyers below 5yrs post call earn 150k monthly

Go n work as factory staff for 5yrs make ur money n go to law school if u must. Dignity doesn't pay bills money does, dnt learn d hard way. Under this Govt things can only get worst.

Man think this job gives above 7m per annum n u want to turn it down, even if na mortuary staff d money is worth it. By d time dollar gets to 1000 u will b making 14m per annum

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by focus7: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?
Accepting the job may be enrolling you into slavery. Go for your training and gradually build your future.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
sommerised:
Go to law school, but pls link me with the factory job. Don't worry I will pay my tithe. My number is 080xxxxxxxx
Sharp man.
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by goldedprince: 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
Why do Nigerians think life starts and end with school.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by bernabc: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by bernabc: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?
What are u waiting for, go and work there fast fast. What is law sch? Go get the money and u can go back to law sch if u still like it bro. Bottom line is, we go to sch so that we can get a better job that pays and now u hv what we are all looking forward to and u are asking for our opinions. Okay oooo bro. My humble opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Kirinwa: 4:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Speeddial:
Go for the job if it is viable, in 6months you will be a millionaire. Opportunity come but once.

Not all that glitters is gold. Op is that your friend pure or is he a conman or someone that can do anything for money?

You may be used as a courier for drug and we may soon hear your news on Nairaland.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by calmG(m): 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
sommerised:
Go to law school, but pls link me with the factory job. Don't worry I will pay my tithe. My number is 080xxxxxx
Badt Niggur grin
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by pepigeorge(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2016
Please go for the one yr law school. .then link me to the guy

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by donestk(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
How much do you earn

queenfav:
Help me ask am o...Please go to law school,then you can give me the factory job..I laugh in Spanish,you had better grab that opportunity.Law school is not shutting down o,its always there!Don't let me even start to talk!Me with my call to bar and all what not,I don't earn up to 100k,you come dey ask us jamb question!Many married men with kids to feed practicing law with some chambers don't even receive 50k monthly.You law school aspirants think that after law school,employers will roll out the red carpet for you with offers of fat salaries abi?Go and do your research, lawyers are one of the least paid professionals in Nigeria.I know how it goes down,and you should thank me for being honest.Nobody told me or I wud'nt have quit my booming human hair Business to attend law school.I would have invested my fees to grow my business,then go for my law school programme after a year or so.An average illiterate Gateman and some lawyers are earning the same salary of 15-20k.Be wise!
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by ruggedadventure(m): 4:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
sommerised:
Go to law school, but pls link me with the factory job. Don't worry I will pay my tithe. My number is 080xxxxxxxxx
Seconded 080xxxxxxxxxx
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:
I have learnt from all of your contributions... I think I will continue in my career path. Nothing can be so dignifying than being a lawyer.
Wishing you all the best if na dignity u wan chop.just to remind you,40% of Nigeria lawyers can only feed there nuclear family even with loans self

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Kobicove(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
Craven:
Speeddial, you're offering really bad advice.

A $1200 job in Nigeria is not the same as a $1200 job in Dubai. Sure, people earn at least N500,000 monthly here in Nigeria, and with the exchange rate, it is almost the same thing $1200. This same people are complaining about the cost of living in Nigeria becoming expensive.

Now Dubai is not Nigeria. It is a richer economy with better infrastructure. You know why? Because they have a working government. And you know what makes a government work? Sufficient revenue. Now you know some of the sources of that revenue? Tax. You will be taxed at every corner. You will have to handle all sorts of bills to live comfortably; lighting, rent, water, heating, insurance. You will handle your own transport and feeding. All this and more on $1200 and you still want to become a millioniare.

Even Americans who earn $40,000 (N16,000,000) per year complain about piling bills and debts. And it is $1200 that'll turn you to a millionaire overnight abi?

Debbys, there's hardly any career prospect for a factory worker. There's more in becoming a lawyer. It's best to think of your future and tailor your decision around it. The question you should be asking yourself is this; "Where do I want to be in years to come?" When you figure that out, you should be able to make the right choice.

Spot on! smiley

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Marcus992000(m): 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
So many thing are amiss here.....the value of $1 isnt d same thing in US and Canada 4 instance, so also dat same dollar wont fetch you same thing it will fetch you in Dubai as well as in Nigeria. Consider this, there was a time $1 was equal to like #320 in black market but then d normal exchsnge rate recognized by int'l market was #199. So bro, your $1200 isn't really what your Nigerian exchange rate is telling you, rather its what ur Dubai exchange rate is telling you.

Let me site a pratical example. I left engineering to work in professional service. My offer letter says my cost of employment is about #3.6mil per annum. Me was very happy, after doing the maths, naïve me tot i would b paid over #270k monthly....only to realise after a month dat my take home isnt even upto #200k...u see, so many things came in, pensions, insurance bla bla bla....and this is Nigeria where tax is still abit lenient ....I can easily save half of my pay monthly and still live like a big boy....in Dubai, I doubt if $1.2k will do dat same magic.

I gave up a scholarship abroad to stay and do my job here....I was like u too, seeking advice from anyone that cares to listen, but in d end, we know what we gonna do! Its just best you do what we feel its best for you, not what others think is.....reason is, its your life, and u get to live with d consequences of ur actions.

Pray the Holy spirit teach and guide ur confused heart.

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Speeddial:
I know so many layers in nigeria who have worked for 30years and can't even boast of 200k monthly, and know u have a job of 400k monthly as a young man, you want to trade that for name(lawyer) In fact I can count how many lawyers how receive 400k genuinely, they are few of them. He won't be a factory worker forever. In america, most persons don't go to college, they decide to work after high school so as to raise funds and do their own businesses. But here in nigeria we think school is everything. The richest people today never got employed with their certificate.
U see beyond d person above you.good job.my thought before was to have like 5Bsc.but since scholars dnt even have money,why should I waste my time...?I found myself quickly and I am perfectly OK for now

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by k10: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Please dont be deceived, you can hardly get a factory job for that amount in dubai...
Please inquire very well before taking the leap before you regret it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by dantori(m): 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?

Bro let me make testimony with your name you may decide to forego the job in case you do pls am a mechanical engineering graduate since 4yrs I need job BADLY. THANKS IN ADVANCE

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 4:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
Pamelayoung:

It's not always about the money, but the prestige. Besides don't underate the lawyers.
Na prestige u wan chop for this change time? Continue

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by adeboizy11(m): 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Then please gimme dat ur friend's link and let me go to dubai. 070xxxxxxxxx, 081xxxxxxxxx. My numbers. Since me I did business administration, factory work is my field.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?

Bros please calm down.
I'm in the UAE. Abeg na which kind factory work dem dey pay 400k? I ain't seen any here yet. Factory job 400k?

Mind you I'm an engineering graduate. I work with an engineering firm and I ain't getting that much salary.

Check that your friend well. I have seen so many stories that touch. Even I'm looking at one right now.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Pidggin(f): 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Are you serious?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Michel2013: 4:40pm On Oct 03, 2016
my brother i will give u an advice as my own brother because you sincerely seek for it. i am living in Dubai right now please do not come here.#400k may look big in nigeria but it is a peanut here.

average rent for just one room is 1700 Aed = $462.83 x #490 black market rate = #226,786.00
electric bill is average of 500 Aed = $136.13 = #66,703
so what remains?

however as a factory worker you will live in camp just like school hotel so your rent is being taken of by your employer but i want you to imagine the condition of living in camp. also consider the excruciating sun raze here which is why air conditioning system is a must here. bro if your type of work is under the sun you can be best assured of darkness as your new skill colour that is if you are not coal already.

finally beware of scammer who normally promises job just to get his commission on your visa fee that is if he actually get the visa for you.another thing most job seekers here pay commission about 2000-3000 AED($816.76) upfront to agents before they get the job.

so it is left to you now to make the right decision.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Arckeen: 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
Pamelayoung:
How can a learned lawyer stoop so low to becoming a factory worker pls go to law school.
igberaga

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by whitebeard(m): 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
sommerised:
Go to law school, but pls link me with the factory job. Don't worry I will pay my tithe. My number is 080xxxxxxxx
bro I dey feel u
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by Kirinwa: 4:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
goldedprince:
Why do Nigerians think life starts and end with school.

Your question should rather be why Nigerians think everything starts and ends with money?

There's what is called Professional fulfilment and passion for your career.
No wonder you see someone that read Biochemistry working in a bank.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by ifewise(m): 4:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
Follow ur career
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by ahmg001(m): 4:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
Michel2013:
my brother i will give u an advice as my own brother because you sincerely seek for it. i am living in Dubai right now please do not come here.#400k may be look big in nigeria but it is a peanut here.

average rent for just one room is 1700 Aed = $462.83 x #490 black market rate = #226,786.00
electric bill is average of 500 Aed = $136.13 = #66,703
so what remains?

however as a factory worker you will live in camp just like school hotel so your rent is being taken of by your employer but i want you to imagine the condition of living in camp. also consider the excruciating sun raze here which is why air conditioning system is a must here. bro if your type of work is under the sun you can be best assured of darkness as your new skill colour that is if you are not coal already.

finally beware of scammer who normally promises job just gain his commission on your visa fee that is if he actually get the visa for you.another thing most job seekers here pay commission about 2000-3000 AED($816.76) upfront to agents but they get the job.

so it is left to you now to make the right decision.
if Dubai is dt bad,y u neva com bk to naija

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by cosade(m): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
Speeddial:
how many lawyers receive 400k monthly?

More than half of that money would go on living expenses.
--------------------------
Cost of Living in Dubai:

Cost of living in Dubai is 92.51% higher than in Lagos (Info)Our estimator (with default settings) estimate monthly expenses for a single person at 268,035.18₦ (3,154.21AED) and for four person family at 936,349.81₦ (11,018.88AED) (without rent).
Re: Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? by obynaDmob(m): 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
Goddys:

Please what do I do?

Here goes one 1kobo..These jobs are usually based on a contract, for about two years or three usually and then you have an option of renewal. Dubai dont give a shii about unskilled workers. You would be treated like crap! No labor law. Also you would not be able to go anywhere until ur contract expires..That being said. Usually they give accommodation so your salary will not be spent unnecessarily. Look i am all about education, but if you understand these conditions and you are okay with them, them please go..You can come back for prestige. Better looking for a job under ac car than from a bus.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TGI Group Of Companies Management Trainee Program 2018 / Access Bank Entry-Level Training Programme - 1st Of MarchToo 29 March 2016 / EFCC Recruitment For Oyo, Osun Ekiti, Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.