Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? (12621 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by jabojafa(m): 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
stephenmorris:
you are damn wrong so for example because i don't have a job ,i should surrender my honor as a man to a woman
so u wud prefer to sit idle @ home dan to help ur broda's wife with little chores? Wot is in watching of plates sef? Its nt as if u didnt eat frm d food.. OP plz let ur broda atleast help her out. If it wz ur mum am sure u wudnt be asking such questions. She is ur wife and dnt over work her so dt she wudnt look older dan her age. You too can also help her out with some chores @ home... That is love in action...

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by jabojafa(m): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ifakiland:
How can ur wife be washing plates for ur younger broda Are u an idiot
Ure now a married man, act like one, if ur bro is gonna be living with u, he shuld get down and do d washing....or go find himself anoda apartment.
For u to be asking dis question sef...I pity ur wife already.
no mind d Op if na him mama whether im for dey ask dis question ni? Becos na person pikin him com dey ask. Wich hus chores him broda dey do wey he nor fit watch common plates for a nuclear family? Can the used plates be more than 10 per mean? And how many minutes wud it tak him to watch plates dt u want to be siding ur broda? Haba op help d poor girl mak she nor com old pass u quick quick becos of over working.... Rememba say she go still carry u for nyt after cooking, washin plates, goin to market, sweepin d hus etc.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by jabojafa(m): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Acheron:

You expect a grown man to wash plates used by his brother, wife and kid(s)?

How unreasonable can some people be?
a grown man wudnt be staying in his broda hus for more dan a week. A grown man shd stay in hotels or his hus. Doesnt dis grown man cook in his hus and also wash d use plates? So a grown man shd nt work in d hus dey are accommodating him but he shd eat abi? Wot laziness.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Acheron: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
jabojafa:
[s]a grown man wudnt be staying in his broda hus for more dan a week. A grown man shd stay in hotels or his hus. Doesnt dis grown man cook in his hus and also wash d use plates? So a grown man shd nt work in d hus dey are accommodating him but he shd eat abi? Wot laziness.[/s]
Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Berbierklaus(f): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2016
jabojafa:
a grown man wudnt be staying in his broda hus for more dan a week. A grown man shd stay in hotels or his hus. Doesnt dis grown man cook in his hus and also wash d use plates? So a grown man shd nt work in d hus dey are accommodating him but he shd eat abi? Wot laziness.
Abi o

I see some empty barrels bragging already grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Incrizz(f): 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Bodmas119
Aww..but he's already assisting with fetching water and other chores...
I just feel your wife doesn't understand.
Do explain the psychology of men and washing plates to her. She may get it.
I think power tussle is at play.
Maybe she's forgotten that he's already helping out with water and oher chores.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by jabojafa(m): 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
Acheron:
Nonsense.
nonsense to you but that is d bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by eyinjuege: 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2016
If your brother cooked his lunch, and left dirty pots and plates for your wife to start cleaning up after getting home from work then he deserves to be scolded.
He should learn to clean up after himself. That's damn annoying.
However, if it's a communal plate and pots that you all used, anyone can clean up including you. There's no big deal, except your wife is a full time housewife and doesn't contribute anything to the home.
Or you can get a dishwasher and let everybody rest.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by sisisioge: 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
No...it is not proper. Guy is already doing enough, wifey should pretend that he isn't there to help at all. However, if the remaining house chores still too much for her, get a maid or roll up your sleeves.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by eyinjuege: 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
than your siblings you mean?? Guess you don't know there's a huge probability that that so called wife would dump you but you always gat ur siblings/children till death takes the toll

Never have high expectations of anyone because you can always be disappointed. Yes, that includes your siblings and your children. You obviously don't have of your wife so I won't bother to mention her.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by mamachizzy(f): 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2016
Pidggin:

I suppose you have never met a male Chef before?
I think u should read and undastand everything I wrote. not just part of it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
oh really!! Ah bet if the said brother in-law is your sibling, you wouldn't say the same thing undecided

My brother does not live with me because he has a job and a family. However he has visited my home many times and washed dishes. Before I know it, he has done one small thing to lessen my burden. I do not see him as any less of a man. I see him as a loving brother.

I feel much of our way of thinking is a poverty mentality. When people are living comfortably and happily, such things tend to mean less. I've seen many Naija guys change their mindset once they are living in better conditions (i.e. US): washing dishes, carrying babies, helping cook, etc. When life is good, it seems people treat each other better. I've change so much myself. I feel free and happy and I enjoy my family much more now. It's just my humble observation.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Konzent(m): 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
I think you need wisdom here more than any other thing said . First understand that your brother is feeding his ego and would not want to go down and wash the plates. Allow him there, rather define the tasks in the house and give him a portion of work that would be more dignifying. This would also relief your wife of some work and placate her. If she still complains, know she has something personal against your brother.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Bibitayo2: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
stephenmorris:
you are damn wrong so for example because i don't have a job ,i should surrender my honor as a man to a woman
What honor are you talking about?....so washing plates is enough to take away your "honor".

People and misplaced priorities or in this case "honor".

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by dapsonlou(m): 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
bodmas119:
My younger brother is living with us but my wife used to complaint to me he doesn't wash plates, pls how should I handle the matter peacefully coz am confused?

It depends on his age. If he over 21 then it's no proper unless he volunteered. If your Wife don't respect Your siblings, she will never respect you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by dapsonlou(m): 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ifakiland:
How can ur wife be washing plates for ur younger broda Are u an idiot
Ure now a married man, act like one, if ur bro is gonna be living with u, he shuld get down and do d washing....or go find himself anoda apartment.
For u to be asking dis question sef...I pity ur wife already.

He's talking about all the plates not just his. He should at least wash his own.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by dapsonlou(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
bodmas119:
we don't have house help,
my brother just graduated from university
he used to fetch water and do some house chores.

Sorry to tell you, but your brother is too old to be washing anyone's plates but his and yours, your Wife can wash her own and the kids if they are still Young.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 8:48am On Oct 04, 2016
jabojafa:
no mind d Op if na him mama whether im for dey ask dis question ni? Becos na person pikin him com dey ask. Wich hus chores him broda dey do wey he nor fit watch common plates for a nuclear family? Can the used plates be more than 10 per mean? And how many minutes wud it tak him to watch plates dt u want to be siding ur broda? Haba op help d poor girl mak she nor com old pass u quick quick becos of over working.... Rememba say she go still carry u for nyt after cooking, washin plates, goin to market, sweepin d hus etc.
Sensible post bro...wetin dey to wash plate? Free house, free food, to wash plate u come wan dey do big boy Better go bk popman house!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 8:52am On Oct 04, 2016
bladeAnders:
oga Americana their is more to the plate washing
Wen ure living in a house that isn't urs....u take wateva is thrown ur way....same way wen u work in a place where u aint the oga!
When I was staying with my big sis, I wash plate, sweep floor, fetch water, on Gen, off am....why, cos I had free housing, free food, free allowance to use Deir cars.....so fork house chores.
U can't be proud wen u av notin abeg!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 8:54am On Oct 04, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
this isn't about using your wife like a slave, believe me a real woman wouldn't make a big deal out of this, she wouldn't even raise an eyebrow!! Only women who gat the kinda ego that would raise a dead man rant over things like this
Oga go and sit down!
Can ur mom wash plate for ur dad's younger bro if he decides to start living with u guyz Use ur brain abeg!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
than your siblings you mean?? Guess you don't know there's a huge probability that that so called wife would dump you but you always gat ur siblings/children till death takes the toll
Not when u marry ur destined wife...sorry ur point no sharp!
U sed children...who gave u d children

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by toyeem(f): 9:29am On Oct 04, 2016
Lots of comments here makes me laugh. You need to be in someone's position to understand how things should be done. @op, your woman is yours,you married her and the way you take care of her is how you will see her years to come. I don't think it's too much for your brother to assist your wife. Infact a well-trained man would know that he's suppose to assist his sis-in-law. When my bro-in-law was staying with us, he helps me sweep,wash plates and even run errands without asking him, I beg him not to do anything sometimes. A working class man ooo. Now he is married,he does exactly the same for his wife and he has not become less than a man. I respect him so much and I do the same when I visit them. Life is too simple to complicate it with minor issues

7 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 04, 2016
Ifakiland:

Oga go and sit down!
Can ur mom wash plate for ur dad's younger bro if he decides to start living with u guyz Use ur brain abeg!
I'd want to believe you are far more enlightened than you've just portrayed here

Now calm down and read again- a real woman wouldn't nag over such, maybe your mom isn't that kinda species undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 04, 2016
Ifakiland:

Not when u marry ur destined wife...sorry ur point no sharp!
U sed children...who gave u d children
can't help but laugh grin grin

Look here mahn, your destined wife would never nag over something like this, she loves you too much to make an issue of that!!

You made a point that contradicts your view, that brain of yours needs to be cleaned undecided

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by jabojafa(m): 10:13am On Oct 04, 2016
Ifakiland:

Sensible post bro...wetin dey to wash plate? Free house, free food, to wash plate u come wan dey do big boy Better go bk popman house!
abi ooh... Nor be say na restuarant him dey wash plate but for hus wen nor fit pass 5 or 6 people living as a fam. Even if na garri n soup dem eat dt is 6 times 2 equals 12plates na be big work for d guy to wash.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by toyeem(f): 10:38am On Oct 04, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
can't help but laugh grin grin

Look here mahn, your destined wife would never nag over something like this, she loves you too much to make an issue of that!!

You made a point that contradicts your view, that brain of yours needs to be cleaned undecided

Really?now you just gave me a good laugh. Your destined wife would love you so make to wash your brother's cloth, plate, sweep his room and even run errands for him. That is not love dear, it's called slavery

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 04, 2016
toyeem:

Really?now you just gave me a good laugh. Your destined wife would love you so make to wash your brother's cloth, plate, sweep his room and even run errands for him. That is not love dear, it's called slavery
dunno why u guys like misquoting someone undecided undecided

Where did the op mention that his wife washes his brother's cloth and all that?? My solid point is doing the dishes for your brother in-law isn't something to nag about. Maybe there are other things the op's wife nags about that the op himself isn't telling us
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Acidosis(m): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
mamachizzy:
Me personally will never let a man enter my kitchen and wash plates. be it my husband, brother or even brother in law. I think there are other more manly chores around the house that he can help ur wife with. like fetching water or cleaning the house. But if washing of plates will constitute a problem in ur house, then let ur brother was his plate immediately he is done eating
I like this.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
LMAO. this life is funny.

am sure when they were engaged the girl would be sooooo nice to that brother oh. now wey dem Don marry matter Don change.

that's why my elder brother gf I no dey give her face. she nice ehn, always calling me and knowing weather am doing well(whats her own sef)

everytime she comes with her niceness in my mind I'll be like "Watin dey do this one again" "my friend comot make I see road"

nonsense.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Pidggin(f): 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
mamachizzy:

I think u should read and undastand everything I wrote. not just part of it.

I read it perfectly and I do feel sorry you think this way. I am also praying you birth only boys so you get no one to help you out in the kitchen, good luck dear
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by missjo(f): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
eyinjuege:

Never have high expectations of anyone because you can always be disappointed. Yes, that includes your siblings and your children. You obviously don't have of your wife so I won't bother to mention her.
Including siblings, spouse,and children? shocked

That is an unhealthy way to live ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by eyinjuege: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
missjo:

Including siblings, spouse,and children? shocked

That is an unhealthy way to live ma'am.

It's served me just fine.

I hardly get disappointed, and I'm an extremely understanding person because of this.

I have come to terms with the fact that humans are made up of so many flaws.

It's also helped me move on from issues quick enough.

I believe people can only hurt you when you give them the power to.

Anyways, that's just me and like I said earlier, it's served me just fine..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? / 82-Year-Old Woman Missing In Lagos (Photos) / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.