Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? (12624 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by cococandy(f): 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
stephenmorris:
you are damn wrong so for example because i don't have a job ,i should surrender my honor as a man to a woman
What's your honor? Being jobless?

7 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by cococandy(f): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
Marry your family. I'm sure you have females in your family. That way problem will be solved.
chigoizie7:

Let them be learning nonsense here.

As for me, I will respect my wife the way she deserves, but any day she disrespect my family is the day she is leaving my house, if she like make she born jesus christ for me, I don't care what u all think or will say, she is my wife, "YES", but they are my family, my blood, my everything, they were there for me when I was a nobody, when I was nothing to write home about, we suffered together, conquered together, now I will come and disrespect them just because I married a woman who is 100% " REPLACEABLE". My family ain't replaceable.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by cococandy(f): 1:32pm On Oct 04, 2016
Marry them.
JUSTbuchi:
than your siblings you mean?? Guess you don't know there's a huge probability that that so called wife would dump you but you always gat ur siblings/children till death takes the toll

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by cococandy(f): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
kiss truth
FortuneTeller:

My brother does not live with me because he has a job and a family. However he has visited my home many times and washed dishes. Before I know it, he has done one small thing to lessen my burden. I do not see him as any less of a man. I see him as a loving brother.

I feel much of our way of thinking is a poverty mentality. When people are living comfortably and happily, such things tend to mean less. I've seen many Naija guys change their mindset once they are living in better conditions (i.e. US): washing dishes, carrying babies, helping cook, etc. When life is good, it seems people treat each other better. I've change so much myself. I feel free and happy and I enjoy my family much more now. It's just my humble observation.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by mamachizzy(f): 3:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
Pidggin:

I read it perfectly and I do feel sorry you think this way. I am also praying you birth only boys so you get no one to help you out in the kitchen, good luck dear
like I said, its a personal thing. of course my sons will learn how to do kitchen/ house chores. My sons will learn how to cook, wash, clean, do everything. I never said my sons won't enter the kitchen did I? don't put words in my mouth. I just have a problem with a grown man washing plates for me. that's all
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Estonto(f): 4:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
bodmas119:
My younger brother is living with us but my wife used to complaint to me he doesn't wash plates, pls how should I handle the matter peacefully coz am confused?

Maybe you should talk to your wife calmly and make her understand that your brother is a grown up man. Make her see that he is humble enough to assist with some house chores. Your brother sef try, if na some they will not even lift a pin in the house.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
dunno why u guys like misquoting someone undecided undecided

Where did the op mention that his wife washes his brother's cloth and all that?? My solid point is doing the dishes for your brother in-law isn't something to nag about. Maybe there are other things the op's wife nags about that the op himself isn't telling us

Is it too much for a wife older than you to want you to wash your OWN plates after you eat?!
That's simple courtesy now for live-in house GUESTS! You don't expect your hosts to do all your dishes everyday and still feed and accommodate you for free. Ahn ahn.. If the lady is complaining, she has a right to. Its her house!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by chigoizie7(m): 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
cococandy:
Marry your family. I'm sure you have females in your family. That way problem will be solved.

Am I marrying u?

Biko park well

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
I'd want to believe you are far more enlightened than you've just portrayed here

Now calm down and read again- a real woman wouldn't nag over such, maybe your mom isn't that kinda species undecided undecided
Ure still not making sense bro...its simple, d youngest in d house is d one dat always washes d plate. It has notin to do with real woman or aba made woman. If ur wife can take it no problem....but for me, no way, my kid bro will do d washing as long as he's in my house. Simple. But if d wife is younger Dan my kid bro, den she will do it. Its disrespectful for an older person to wash plate for a younger person.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 11:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
Loisemm:

Is it too much for a wife older than you to want you to wash your OWN plates after you eat?!
That's simple courtesy now for live-in house GUESTS! You don't expect your hosts to do all your dishes everyday and still feed and accommodate you for free. Ahn ahn.. If the lady is complaining, she has a right to. Its her house!
Thank u o my dear....uve made sense.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
mamachizzy:

like I said, its a personal thing. of course my sons will learn how to do kitchen/ house chores. My sons will learn how to cook, wash, clean, do everything. I never said my sons won't enter the kitchen did I? don't put words in my mouth. I just have a problem with a grown man washing plates for me. that's all
Define ur "grown man"so wen ure old and grey and ur son wanna wash d plates....u go say no, ure a grown man? Seriously ehn....no juts vex me dis nite!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ifakiland(m): 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
can't help but laugh grin grin

Look here mahn, your destined wife would never nag over something like this, she loves you too much to make an issue of that!!

You made a point that contradicts your view, that brain of yours needs to be cleaned undecided
Glad u sed wife...not slave. Now run along am tru with u!
If u value ur family so much more Dan ur future wife I guess u pick ur sis or a cousin and marry! Fish brain!
U don't need anybody to tell u ur wife becomes closer to u Dan ur family as soon as u marry her, dis is d person ure gonna share a bed/room/house with....she culd kill u in d middle of d nite and u say ur family is closer Oya nah....odinma!

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Ewuro4: 1:44am On Oct 05, 2016
Loisemm:

I tire oh

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 05, 2016
Ifakiland:

Glad u sed wife...not slave. Now run along am tru with u!
If u value ur family so much more Dan ur future wife I guess u pick ur sis or a cousin and marry! Fish brain!
U don't need anybody to tell u ur wife becomes closer to u Dan ur family as soon as u marry her, dis is d person ure gonna share a bed/room/house with....she culd kill u in d middle of d nite and u say ur family is closer Oya nah....odinma!
have already been through with you when I made my last comment, no point acting like a rapscallion here!! Nigerians sha, have their eyes blindfolded by hypocrisy undecided, would your wife say same if her own brother is the person in question?? If u are not blind enough to my post then u shouldn't be blind to see where the op said his brother does other chores like fetching of water and sweeping the house, does this speak of the guy as a lazy person?? Why would the wife complain over doing his dishes, if the guy were to be her immediate brother won't she do the dishes for him??

Have gone to leave with a family where I did all their chores even when the sister in-law's brother was around, he touches nothing and she would not complain!! I understood the situation perfectly when I stayed with my senior sister who wouldn't allow me do anything!!
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by dfrost: 6:52am On Oct 05, 2016
cheesy grin How many people commenting on this issue have been in the OP's situation or in the OP's brother's situation?

How many are married? Because before you start advising someone, you already have passed such situation before.

It's just like advising someone on how to answer questions at the embassy when you've never applied for one.

bodmas119 sit down and discuss with your wife privately, discuss with your brother privately and then discuss with both of them.

I don't know what your brother is doing but if he doesn't have a work, he's still your brother. You have the DUTY to feed him. You can't chase him out because he's not working or because he doesn't have a place of his own at the moment.

As per your wife, you can't kill her with work. If you want to appreciate your wife, take time off from work and do want she does from start of the day till bedtime. My guy I assure you: you go almost collapse. Like someone posted, hope you don't want your wife to be looking like 50, when she's actually 31. Later you will create a thread how your wife looks older than her age.

In all the advice you have received from folks here (married and unmarried, crazy and sane, those that have brothers and those that don't), work your path.

There's no single recipe for a successful marriage ogbèní. Ciao.

PS: sorry I came to the party late.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:14am On Oct 05, 2016
If he were your sister's brother , do you think he would have the guts to sit while his sister washes the platesundecided

If he were living alone, won't he wash his own plates? Who do you think your wife is? A housemaidif you an adult, 17 or not and you are living in another person's house, it is common sense to help out with house chores.

If you think you are to big to, get your own damn apartmentundecided

bodmas119:
My younger brother is living with us but my wife used to complaint to me he doesn't wash plates, pls how should I handle the matter peacefully coz am confused?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:17am On Oct 05, 2016
What stvpid honor? Won't you take care of yourself if you were living alone? To hell with your fvcking penis, if you are living with others and you can't help out, you should be thrown out in the middle of the night.

If you wan form honor, you won't be living with your brother and his wife.

Losers forming egotongue

stephenmorris:
you are damn wrong so for example because i don't have a job ,i should surrender my honor as a man to a woman

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:19am On Oct 05, 2016
If an extra plate is the problem, the husband should wash it na, why tell him to wash his plates?cheesy

If he wants to form big, he will get his own apartmentundecided

Acheron:
If your brother is an adult then he should wash his own plate after every meal if your wife consider washing an extra plate a difficult task.

If your younger brother is in his teens, he should assist your wife with washing.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2016
Only men and boys with stvpid ego won't help out with house chores.

PS: there a nothing like a real womanundecided. It is common see you help out with house chores if you are in other people's homes, and it won't be disrespect if you tell the person nicely to either help out or leave your house.

JUSTbuchi:
this isn't about using your wife like a slave, believe me a real woman wouldn't make a big deal out of this, she wouldn't even raise an eyebrow!! Only women who gat the kinda ego that would raise a dead man rant over things like this
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2016
I disagree with you if he helps out with other chores, he doesn't have to wash plates or his own plates separately. The wife should suck it up and wash the plates.undecided
However there would be a problem if he doesn't help out at all.

Loisemm:

Who does the cooking for your younger bro to eat?

*modified -
since he fetches water and helps with other chores, its alright. He should wash his plates after eating and all will be well. I guess he may be leaving his plates in the sink for madam to wash. For me, that's not right if he is younger. I shake my head at the men here saying he should leave his plates for the woman of the house to wash! U will make ur extended family lose respect for your wife if u allow that.
Personally, if u try that with me as a younger Inlaw, I will help u wash it the first few times in case u didn't do it deliberately. After that, I will set ur dirty plate aside and u will come n wash it whenever u are ready.
I might add that if you are not ready to wash your own plates, then be ready to stop eating in the house soon. Na so them dey turn the co-owner of the house to housemaid if care isn't taken!
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2016
I am Yoruba so fvck that particular tradition, it is for losers who need to have their ego boosted.

You help out in the home whether or not the wife is pregnant.

daryoor:
if the people in this incidence are yoruba, then the wife should not complain, the culture does not allow you to call the little guy by name talkless of demanding he wash the plates at home. the guy should only respect himself and wash his own plate. then if she's heavily pregnant he should help her out often.

respect your brother that has been with you unconditionally all your life. love your wife unconditionally but in situations like this you need to remember that, that b.itch chose you because of what you have.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2016
doveda:
What stvpid honor? Won't you take care of yourself if you were living alone? To hell with your fvcking penis, if you are living with others and you can't help out, you should be thrown out in the middle of the night.

If you wan form honor, you won't be living with your brother and his wife.

Losers forming egotongue

you females are just very very rude sometimes i even get angry why i support the feminism movement lol
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2016
cococandy:

What's your honor? Being jobless?
what do you gain by been rude ,you think im a chauvinist ,if you think so go check my profile and read an article i wrote that covers gendar equality i.e nigerian dream volume 2

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2016
if the younger brother is jobless and far older than the wife that gives no reason to wash the plates for the family at all except he chooses to help the wife from his own heart lol but in this case its a younger brother
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:40am On Oct 05, 2016
There is not feminine about wishing plates. If you an eat, you can s well wash the fvcking plates. If you can use the bathroom D ilet, you n as well wash till they are sparkiling clean of you can eat clothes, you can as well wash them. If you an et, you can as well keengow to cook your meals

If you care about being manly, you would move in with him when moves out so that he won't have to do those feminine chores. If you have a male kid, get him a maid when he moves out or go to uni. Don't teach your female children to be self sufficient, teach them to sleep in the dark if there is no one round to fix their lightning because it is a manly job.

mamachizzy:
Me personally will never let a man enter my kitchen and wash plates. be it my husband, brother or even brother in law. I think there are other more manly chores around the house that he can help ur wife with. like fetching water or cleaning the house. But if washing of plates will constitute a problem in ur house, then let ur brother was his plate immediately he is done eating
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:47am On Oct 05, 2016
You think I care about feminismundecided I don't. Good that you consider yourself a feminist, I don'tsmiley. It is common sense that you help out in good faith especially when you are not paying rent. It is common sense to know that house chores aren't gender specific, it is basically about taking care of oneself. If you can't afford a maid and you feel too big to take care of yourself, you are better off living on the street.

You are so rude. How dare you tell me that I am rude . Who claimed to be above everyone else because he is older than 17undecided

If you weren't an hypocrite, you won't use words like honour, man, and woman to talk about house chores. Next time don't assume the person you are quoting is stvpid, you can go ahead with fooling id.iots that you care about a movement when in reality, you don't. undecided

stephenmorris:
you females are just very very rude sometimes i even get angry why i support the feminism movement lol
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:55am On Oct 05, 2016
This who wash plates have no dignity......your logic by the way. You are one smart mansmiley

If he wants dignity, he will get his own apartment. If he can't , he will suck it up. If he has a fool.ish wife, he can tell her that washing plates is for id.iots but until he does, he should wash the platessmiley

Konzent:
I think you need wisdom here more than any other thing said . First understand that your brother is feeding his ego and would not want to go down and wash the plates. Allow him there, rather define the tasks in the house and give him a portion of work that would be more dignifying. This would also relief your wife of some work and placate her. If she still complains, know she has something personal against your brother.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2016
doveda:
You think I care about feminismundecided I don't. Good that you consider yourself a feminist, I don'tsmiley. It is common sense that you help out in good faith especially when you are not paying rent. It is common sense to know that house chores aren't gender specific, it is basically about taking care of oneself. If you can't afford a maid and you feel too big to take care of yourself, you are better off living on the street.

You are so rude. How dare you tell me that I am rude . Who claimed to be above everyone else because he is older than 17undecided

If you weren't an hypocrite, you won't use words like honour, man, and woman to talk about house chores. Next time don't assume the person you are quoting is stvpid, you can go ahead with fooling id.iots that you care about a movement when in reality, you don't. undecided

did i assume u were stupid ,okay what do you want me to do now lol ,u wan kill me
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2016
doveda:
Only men and boys with stvpid ego won't help out with house chores.

PS: there a nothing like a real womanundecided. It is common see you help out with house chores if you are in other people's homes, and it won't be disrespect if you tell the person nicely to either help out or leave your house.

here we go again....read the pages abeg....the man said his brother helps out with other chores like fetching of water and all that, why complain about the dishes??

And you said there's nothing like a real woman??.... Let's not quibble over details here, we all know there's what we call girlfriend material and wife material grin grin
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 10:48am On Oct 05, 2016
If he helps with other chores...no wahala
If he doesn't... wahala

Yes, there is nothing like a real woman or a real man undecided
JUSTbuchi:
here we go again....read the pages abeg....the man said his brother helps out with other chores like fetching of water and all that, why complain about the dishes??

And you said there's nothing like a real woman??.... Let's not quibble over details here, we all know there's what we call girlfriend material and wife material grin grin
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 05, 2016
bodmas119:

bodmas119:
me and this girl dated for four years, she was so in support of me then, take good care and also make sure everything is perfectly OK with me, but to my surprised she call me one day and said 2my ear, I tink we need to put an end to this relationship because I don't have anything so we quit. after four years we met @ shopping mall in Lagos, when she saw me she knew things are change for good. but now she wanted to come back. should I still accept her back or not.

bodmas119:
pls is it proper for me to go back with my ex girlfriend, we met again and had sex together last week after six years of separation and now she has been on my neck, pls what should I do?

Op, I suspect this has nothing to do with dishes. It appears you have been seeking a reason to dump your wife. You have made 2 posts on accepting your ex girlfriends. You are probably quarreling with your wife and ready to beat her over dishes, and the poor woman doesn't know why you have suddenly become a brute. You are telling us it's to protect your brother's honour while it's to cover your adulterous deeds. I pray that God blesses your wife with a good husband when you cast her aside over your selfish desires.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2016
doveda:
If he helps with other chores...no wahala
If he doesn't... wahala

Yes, there is nothing like a real woman or a real man undecided
thank God you understand now!

And for the other part, would pass!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

82-Year-Old Woman Missing In Lagos (Photos) / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter? / Bride Price Wahala!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.