Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? (12618 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Addicted To Sports Betting, Please Help!!! / Is It Proper/Healthy For A Man To Suck His Wife's Bosom Milk? / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 11:47am On Oct 05, 2016
It is disrespect to help out with chores...I get
JUSTbuchi:
thank God you understand now!

And for the other part, would pass!!
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 05, 2016
doveda:
It is disrespect to help out with chores...I get
your brain needs lubricant..... I get undecided
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 12:09pm On Oct 05, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
my brain needs lubricant..... I get undecided
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 12:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
The youngest person does the dishes ..are you kidding me? Whati s it about dishes that must be the sole responsibility of the youngest the house?

Ifakiland:

Ure still not making sense bro...its simple, d youngest in d house is d one dat always washes d plate. It has notin to do with real woman or aba made woman. If ur wife can take it no problem....but for me, no way, my kid bro will do d washing as long as he's in my house. Simple. But if d wife is younger Dan my kid bro, den she will do it. Its disrespectful for an older person to wash plate for a younger person.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by mamachizzy(f): 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2016
doveda:
There is not feminine about wishing plates. If you an eat, you can s well wash the fvcking plates. If you can use the bathroom D ilet, you n as well wash till they are sparkiling clean of you can eat clothes, you can as well wash them. If you an et, you can as well keengow to cook your meals

If you care about being manly, you would move in with him when moves out so that he won't have to do those feminine chores. If you have a male kid, get him a maid when he moves out or go to uni. Don't teach your female children to be self sufficient, teach them to sleep in the dark if there is no one round to fix their lightning because it is a manly job.

like I said its a personal feeling. stop getting headache over it

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2016
Personal feeling indeedundecided
mamachizzy:
like I said its a personal feeling. stop getting headache over it
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by daryoor(m): 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2016
doveda:
I am Yoruba so fvck that particular tradition, it is for losers who need to have their ego boosted.

You help out in the home whether or not the wife is pregnant.

thats if by help out u mean changing car tyres and light bulbs not sweeping washing plates. my brothers wife should now say daryoor "come and wash plate " she dey mad.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
Obviously you are the mad one for insinuating that you can't see or wash plates. You are living with people and you think you can s you like. Won't you sweep your own too or wish your own plates. Is she a slave or a subhuman for washing plates?

Sweeping and washing plates are house chores that are some everyday and basically they are more demanding, that means you will do them.whether you like it or not. She doesn't need you to fix any stvpid tyre or light bulbs. If you are so interested in feeling manly, get six packs, meet some hoes and show them what you have got. If you can't do that, show that your masculinity and get your own flat.

If you cannot wash plates for her, you can as well forget about eating the food she cooks. Who you be? Abi your shit no dey smell?undecided. Your gender is as useless as P in psychology. You will do as you are bloody well told if you lack the initiative to drag your lazy bum and help out without being told.

daryoor:

thats if by help out u mean changing car tyres and light bulbs not sweeping washing plates. my brothers wife should now say daryoor "come and wash plate " she dey mad.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by daryoor(m): 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
doveda:
Obviously you are the mad one for insinuating that you can't see or wash plates. You are living with people and you think you can s you like. Won't you sweep your own too or wish your own plates. Is she a slave or a subhuman for washing plates?

Sweeping and washing plates are house chores that are some everyday and basically they are more demanding, that means you will do them.whether you like it or not. She doesn't need you to fix any stvpid tyre or light bulbs. If you are so interested in feeling manly, get six packs, meet some hoes and show them what you have got. If you can't do that, show that your masculinity and get your own flat.

If you cannot wash plates for her, you can as well forget about eating the food she cooks. Who you be? Abi your shit no dey smell?undecided. Your gender is as useless as P in psychology. You will do as you are bloody well told if you lack the initiative to drag your lazy bum and help out without being told.

u said im mad . i know already tell me something i dont know. i never said i wont wash the plate i used to eat.

what i need you to understand is this. can she tell me to change her baby's daipers? or will she tell me to wash her baby's clothes? or will she be healthy and ask me to cook we will eat?

does she dare send her brother in law such errands when her mother in law is present?

if you dont understand yoruba culture, ask.
if you think its arrogance, its not
if you dont know how to demand respect where u deserve it, learn.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
Are you trying to say we don't have some stvpid cultures? If you were, that would be a very daf.t thing to say.

What will your mum do? If she were a good person, she would be the one to ask you to get your lazy bum off the bed and work like a slavetongue. Brother in law doesn't mean shi.t. I can't figure out how your position changes the fact that you eat and sleep in someone else's house. Get your own damn house, if you don't want to be sent on such errands.

If you haven't heard, respect comes in two forms, respect for oneself and for others. Basically when you depend on others, you are bound to lose respect. And if you depend on others, it is simple logic you respect yourself and act coy.

And if you don't know that respect is helping out in a home where you enjoy free accommodation and free food, you will never go far in life. Because it is even beyond respect, it is common sense. If you don't learn it now, you are doomed for life. So if your in-law ever happen to ask you to wash the toilet with your tongue, you scream ‘yes ma' and get working cheesy

daryoor:

u said im mad . i know already tell me something i dont know. i never said i wont wash the plate i used to eat.

what i need you to understand is this. can she tell me to change her baby's daipers? or will she tell me to wash her baby's clothes? or will she be healthy and ask me to cook we will eat?

does she dare send her brother in law such errands when her mother in law is present?

if you dont understand yoruba culture, ask.
if you think its arrogance, its not
if you dont know how to demand respect where u deserve it, learn.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by daryoor(m): 8:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
doveda:
Are you trying to say we don't have some stvpid cultures? If you were, that would be a very daf.t thing to say.

What will your mum do? If she were a good person, she would be the one to ask you to get your lazy bum off the bed and work like a slavetongue. Brother in law doesn't mean shi.t. I can't figure out how your position changes the fact that you eat and sleep in someone else's house. Get your own damn house, if you don't want to be sent on such errands.

If you haven't heard, respect comes in two forms, respect for oneself and for others. Basically when you depend on others, you are bound to lose respect. And if you depend on others, it is simple logic you respect yourself and act coy.

And if you don't know that respect is helping out in a home where you enjoy free accommodation and free food, you will never go far in life. Because it is even beyond respect, it is common sense. If you don't learn it now, you are doomed for life. So if your in-law ever happen to ask you to wash the toilet with your tongue, you scream ‘yes ma' and get working cheesy

ok i get u.

doveda does not respect anybody with out money
if u live under dovedas roof u deserve no respect and u must slave
that should also mean if doveda gives u free lift u must wash the car, because its common sense and because when u depend on doveda you must lose respect.

one more thing you cant go far in life if you dont slave in return for favour from doveda.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
If I give you lift day in day out, I expect you to offer money for fuel on some days. If you live under my roof, with or without money, you must be willing to do house chores.

Common sense does not make you a slave but for those like you who lack it, you will never go far in life. Basically, you will always be a slave.

daryoor:

ok i get u.

doveda does not respect anybody with out money
if u live under dovedas roof u deserve no respect and u must slave
that should also mean if doveda gives u free lift u must wash the car, because its common sense and because when u depend on doveda you must lose respect.

one more thing you cant go far in life if you dont slave in return for favour from doveda.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by daryoor(m): 12:00am On Oct 07, 2016
doveda:
If I give you lift day in day out, I expect you to offer money for fuel on some days. If you live under my roof, with or without money, you must be willing to do house chores.

Common sense does not make you a slave but for those like you who lack it, you will never go far in life. Basically, you will always be a slave.

since thats how u want to play it
1. your father lacks common sense
2. that made u a slave
3. this will eventually leas to your children not goin far in life .
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by doveda: 5:55am On Oct 07, 2016
You can't go far in life......simple
daryoor:

since thats how u want to play it
1. your father lacks common sense
2. that made u a slave
3. this will eventually leas to your children not goin far in life .
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by bodmas119(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2016
@ daryoo nd devoda, pls u people shld stop all Dis u dnt nid it.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by mizthorlu(f): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2016
[quote author=doveda post=49980393]If I give you lift day in day out, I expect you to offer money for fuel on some days. If you live under my roof, with or without money, you must be willing to do house chores.

seeing the way guys reason on here, am even scared of getting married.
you don't have to be told to do something's, common sense should make you do it.
someone gives you a lift to and from work dauky, and you can't fuel the car once a month, what kind of animal are you.
if brother in-law can eat, then he can wash plate. you can't wash plate, then go eat outside.

the reason why we are still in this cycle is because we women indulge our son's, we make them feel kitchen work ain't for boy's from childhood.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by toprealman: 7:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
Wash your plates after eating.
Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by ImaIma1(f): 10:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
Acheron:

You expect a grown man to wash plates used by his brother, wife and kid(s)?

How unreasonable can some people be?

If he's a grown man, he should get his own apartment and stop forming inside another person's house.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For My Younger Brother To Be Washing Plates For My Wife? by Eroms4life17(m): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2020
What I see here is that this woman want to set confusion between both bros so that her husband can send him parking. The young man has a conscience. Nobody has to tell him to wash plates. Worse case scenario is that his brother will tell him to wash. Not his wife. He is not washing plates for the woman. He's doing it as a way of helping with minor chores in the house especially if he doesn't have job yet. If my brother wife tells me to wash plates, I will not wash, highest I will leave the house.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should Married Women Drink Alcohol? / 82-Year-Old Woman Missing In Lagos (Photos) / Good Advice Please. Do I Have A Case In This Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.