Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (63623 Views)

Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by pierrenwob: 7:04am On Oct 05, 2016
Hedonistically:
GiONEE M5 does not have a "4G only" option, other than the 4g/3g/2g auto mode. This will be a problem because we all know that Glo network frequently toggles its mobile network modes when in auto mode, oscillating recklessly from 3g to edge and interrupting one's downloads.

Follow the steps below to select 3G only of 4G LTE only etc

Step 1- Dial *#*#4636#*#*
Step 2 - Select: Phone information
Step 3 - Scroll down to where you have "WCDMA Only" or "GSM Only" or WCDMA Preferred" etc.
Step 4 - Click on it and select 4G LTE only or any other preference.

Works for most Android phones

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by KingSunnyville(m): 7:32am On Oct 05, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
but do u know u can use 4g on 3g enabled phone

In the world of tech nothing it's impossible, I did mine so if u need more info hola me

I'm interested, would you tell me more please?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by silversonuc(m): 7:34am On Oct 05, 2016
joseph214:
Soon others will follow suite. I just pity those people that bought non 4g enabled phones recently.

how do u knw if urs is enabled
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Thollu01(m): 7:36am On Oct 05, 2016
```Gionee M6 Mini Full Specs and Price in Nigeria```

http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/10/gionee-m6-mini-full-specs-and-price-in.html?m=1

```Glo Unveils 4G Network In Nigeria, Now in 9 different Cities```

http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/10/glo-unveils-4g-network-in-nigeria-now.html?m=1
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 7:50am On Oct 05, 2016
pierrenwob:

Step 1- Dial *#*#4635#*#*
Step 3 - Scroll down to where you have "WCDMA Only" or "GSM Only" or WCDMA Preferred" etc.

It's actually *#*#4636#*#*

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by OmichaelO: 8:06am On Oct 05, 2016
dustmalik:
I was going to quote him. but you already did. smiley
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2016
engrkaz:

Goodbye to failure
grin grin grin you too experience am?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2016
OmichaelO:
I was going to quote him.
but you already did. smiley
Oh, I see. All good smiley
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Abuleoshi: 10:18am On Oct 05, 2016
kratoss:
Who knows how to get the 4g enabled sim card.... Even the mtn i still cant lay ma hands on one, i went to mtn office some of them dont even know anything about swapping your old sim for a 4g enabled one...
If you are in Lagos, go to thier office at Falomo or Ikoyi Service center at Aromire off Kingsway Road or the Shop at Adeola Odeku. They will swap your line to a 4G sim or get a new 4G sim there
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by MakCoby(m): 10:25am On Oct 05, 2016
JesusmyGod1:
I love glo

Cheap data and lovely fast 4g network

Lalasticlala pls front page

Do I need to buy a 4G sim or should I just subscribe with my existing sim...I'm using galaxy A5 ad well..Can it work with it ?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by joseph214(m): 10:58am On Oct 05, 2016
Folksyharry:

Seriously. I just dey vex now. I just needed to add about 3K and I would have bought a 4G phone. Damn!!!!
Too bad. Soon you will start seeing threads like tecno camon c8,7 for sale, infinix hot 4 for sale.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by RitzyPrince(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2016
manitobor:

I beg to differ. It has the lowest coverage, the lowest number of subscribers. In the city where I reside, the Internet is so abysmally poor.
if the Internet network were to be good in your area of resident would you use other network?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Kyase(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
wiselette:
Thanks
Welcome
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by zeezboy(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
Glo customer care told me that my phone does not support their 4G LTE band 28. Pls is there any way I can use it to access their 4G network?
Am using HTC One m8 dual sim!
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Umunri: 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
Go for mtn 4G that what am using with my htc one m8 dual sim.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by manitobor(m): 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
RitzyPrince:
if the Internet network were to be good in your area of resident would you use other network?
No, I'd most certainly have remained with Glo. Their data bundle prices are undoubtedly the most affordable.

They should work on improving the coverage and quality of Internet in most areas in Nigeria not only Lagos.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Jameek(m): 10:24pm On Oct 05, 2016
When people complain about glo Internet data connection, some others post rude comments. Stop being daft. In MOST locations of several states in Nigeria, you can't even enjoy 3G connection on glo, not to talk about 4G. If you enjoy glo in your area, good and fine. But be decent enough not to insult others who complain about the network in their own locations. I'm very sure that the people who complain about glo Internet data connection are far greater in number than those who enjoy smooth service. Glo customer representative called to ask why I ported from the network and I replied with all honesty that they have cheap data quite alright, but it's almost useless in the areas I usually shuttle IN A CITY. It's funny that when you complain about it, some users start asking you questions like "which part of your location do you stay?". Haba, such questions in 2016
This is HARDLY the case with MTN and Etisalat. I hope some people now understand why the majority of mobile Internet users complain about glo. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by trexzee: 12:17am On Oct 06, 2016
Hedonistically:
GiONEE M5 does not have a "4G only" option, other than the 4g/3g/2g auto mode. This will be a problem because we all know that Glo network frequently toggles its mobile network modes when in auto mode, oscillating recklessly from 3g to edge and interrupting one's downloads.
Download 4G switcher app and thank me later cheesy
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by cotzywitzy(m): 12:19am On Oct 06, 2016
joseph214:
Open your settings and look for network mode in network settings. There you should see something like 4g only or 4g/3g/2g(auto). If 4g is not there then know that your device doesn't support it.

Can the 4G thing work on a Modem?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by selfmadeOLX(m): 2:58am On Oct 06, 2016
dustmalik:

Does this code works for only MTK..?

Tried it on my Huawei.. It just removed the codes instead of bringing out what's its supposed to

Your response would be greatly appreciated
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 3:37am On Oct 06, 2016
selfmadeOLX:

Does this code works for only MTK..?

Tried it on my Huawei.. It just removed the codes instead of bringing out what's its supposed to

Your response would be greatly appreciated
It works on anything Android.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dejigaruba(m): 11:01am On Oct 06, 2016
This is awesome!!!!!
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Umunri: 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
*#*#4636#*#* will remove the code even signal bar but try browse you see it works.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Umunri: 12:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
Please can somebody post the speed of this glo 4G.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by sammieomoba: 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2016
Glo costumer care dey talk say no dey their of 4G phone lol
HTC desire 820
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by akinswaggs(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
This is the Speed of Mtn.. got up to 15mb/s at a Point.... Ok Bye
kiss

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Reeberry: 2:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
iliyande:
Wow

Finally other networks are nothing but gunners.

Bro which phone are you using at the screenshot? I want to get a new phone.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
akinswaggs:
This is the Speed of Mtn.. got up to 15mb/s at a Point.... Ok Bye
kiss
The speed test server you are using is messed up, hence the slow download speed. that's why your ping is so high. Select a better speed test server, and you will probably get higher speed.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Reeberry: 2:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
pierrenwob:

Step 1- Dial *#*#4635#*#*

I need a Xiaomi neatly or new phone. Within 30 to 35k. At least, Note 3 or Note 2.

Just asking.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by DAVEZ(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
has anyone used this service in areas like Ikeja, Surulere or other parts of the mainland in Lagos? Someone told me it is only available on some parts on the Island. Is this true?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2016
make una post more pictures of MTN and GLO 4G LTE SPEED TEST o. make we compare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion / Man Earns N180,000 From Phone Charging Monthly In Lafia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.