Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price (63594 Views)

Airtel NG Officially Rolls Out Its 4G LTE Network In Ibadan And Some States / List Of Smartphones That Will Support GLO LTE Network - Pics / Etisalat 4G LTE Network Now In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by henribj(m): 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yarduni:

Do you have stats to show it or you are just making it up?

really?
are you saying you are not aware there are people who go after certain items only because it is trending?

1 Like

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 5:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
bolargeez:
Rocking glo 4g already
What lte band is Glo using, and did you have to swap your SIM for a USIM (token sim)?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by iliyande(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yarduni:
Glo is really impressive in speed in much of abuja

Yea,here in Abuja, the speed is good
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
bolargeez:
Rocking glo 4g already

kindly do a speed test for us, screenshot it n upload here. an d neva forget to state ur location/area/state and ur device. thanks
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by namuguibe(m): 5:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
HQuadreal:

Surfing The Net Will Soon Be Free Of Charge #lol
Never. Is common electricity or water free?

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by wristbangle: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
bolargeez:
Rocking glo 4g already

Can you share the speed rate here?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by FunkyMetahuman: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Do I need to swap my sim like mtn?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Babysheart(f): 5:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
The network for the common man. Left for these other ugly networks we would still be paying 50 naira per minute even if you made a call of 3 seconds.

5 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by GoodSide: 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
i get 1.3mb as from 7pm to 1am sometimes.
on normal glo 3g o

lets clap for glo abeg.
fhuck spectranet and smile
big thieves

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by manitobor(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Glo is simply the best network in NG kiss

I beg to differ. It has the lowest coverage, the lowest number of subscribers. In the city where I reside, the Internet is so abysmally poor.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by FunkyMetahuman: 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
Babysheart:
The network for the common man. Left for these other ugly networks we would still be paying 50 naira per minute even if you made a call of 3 seconds.
nice butt lipsrsealed
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by donhils: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
One thing I love about this Glo 4G is that their data plans are just like the other ones. Simply amazing.
I think Glo should quickly dot all the 'I's and cross all the 'T's to rise and take number one spot in Nigeria. They're indigenous.

2 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Idrismusty97(m): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
It is settled, I am getting a 4G enabled smartphone next! Someone should please suggest a cheap 4G phone.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Yarduni: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
henribj:

really?
are you saying you are not aware there are people who go after certain items only because it is trending?

Yes there are people but why it is your argument is what i don't understand.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by BIDOO(m): 6:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
Good
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by BIDOO(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yes
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
dustmalik:

I would recommend you check the specs for the specific variant of the phone you want on phonemore.com. Phone makers, especially the big ones, like Samsung, Sony, LG make variants of the same phone. They look the same, but have different internals. For instance, galaxy s5 has up to five variants. These variants usually support different LTE bands across themselves. So, you need to make sure that the variant you are buying has support for the LTE band of your service provider. But typically, makers like Tecno, Infinix usually have a single variant, and those variant support LTE band 1, 3, 7, and 20. They are most popular bands in Asia, Middle East and Africa.

Ntel uses band 3 (1800mhz) and band 8 (900mhz), Spectranet and Swift both use band 40 (2300mhz), MTN uses band 7 (2600mhz), and Smile uses band 20 (800mhz). We don't know what band/frequency Glo is using yet, since they didn't disclose it at the LTE launch event.

In other words, LTE bands are scattered across devices and networks.
I am so confused right now,no offense I know you typed in English but I am lost, anyway thanks I will check out the link
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by BIDOO(m): 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by Edaro: 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Firstly you need to upgrade or swap your SIMM to a uSIM. Secondly you will get an LTE Phone compatible LTE 700Mhz band 28. I pity those who bought phones worth 200K and yet are only compatible with Asian LTE bands. I warned marketers when I went to Saka and Computer village to do a market survey that they should approach operators to ask them questions about their LTE Rollout they were making jest of me that since LTE is written on the phone then no cause for alarm. I will try to share with you guys tomorrow phones that are compatible with GLO LTE.

3 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by BIDOO(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
K
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by BIDOO(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by BIDOO(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
X
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by BIDOO(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
T
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by henribj(m): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Yarduni:

Yes there are people but why it is your argument is what i don't understand.

HMM... we are not expected to understand everything
can we just leave it at that?
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by bolargeez(m): 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
I'm browsing on Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and I'm in VI. The speed is just semi fast.

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by eraly(m): 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
bolargeez:
I'm browsing on Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and I'm in VI. The speed is just semi fast.

embarassed cry
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by OmichaelO: 6:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
bolargeez:
Blood of Zechariah
Is that 4G or EDGE?

11 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 6:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
Edaro:
Firstly you need to upgrade or swap your SIMM to a uSIM. Secondly you will get an LTE Phone compatible LTE 700Mhz band 28. I pity those who bought phones worth 200K and yet are only compatible with Asian LTE bands. I warned marketers when I went to Saka and Computer village to do a market survey that they should approach operators to ask them questions about their LTE Rollout they were making jest of me that since LTE is written on the phone then no cause for alarm. I will try to share with you guys tomorrow phones that are compatible with GLO LTE.
If truly, Glo chose to go with FDD band 28 (700mhz), then Glo is surely going to regret it. It's a very unpopular band amongst devices meant for EMEA countries. I was hoping they would go with band 20 or 7.

In terms of band, MTN has advantage over all our LTE networks. Its band 7 (2600) is the most popular band across devices worldwide. MTN always finds a way to have advantage over others.

6 Likes

Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by JaaizTech: 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
Edaro:

You are on point. NCC licensed the 28 band for LTE. You can run this app (LTE DISCOVERY) on your phone to determine the band of your phone.
Re: Glo 4G LTE Network Is Now Available With Affordable Price by dustmalik: 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
2dugged:
I am so confused right now,no offense I know you typed in English but I am lost, anyway thanks I will check out the link
Don't worry, in time you will understand it all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Phone Charger Is A Fast Or Slow Charger; Simple Physics / Blazing!!! Get 9mobile 1GB For N200 Valid For 3days: Everybody is Eligible / Margaret Omobolawa Opeyemi Dies Of Phone Triggered Gas Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.