Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke (17785 Views)

Nigeria Will Have The Last Laugh ― Senator Boroffice Ajayi / Ondo Governorship Election Results Update From Polling Units - Vanguard / Jimoh Ibrahim Blasts Olusola Oke On Twitter Ahead Of Ondo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by senatordave1(m): 7:45am On Oct 05, 2016
I predicted this political manouvre last week that boroffice. And abraham would ally with oke and deliver the 4 lgas in akoko land to oke.while the remaining two lgas in ondo north owo. And ose,aketi would take.also,oke would win ondo south massively by a landslide while pdp would win most parts of ondo central.but,the akoko votes would give victory to oke.aketi would finish a. Far 3rd with less than 100,000 votes.as gov,oke would rejoin apc and aketi would be finished

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by otukpo(f): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2016
APC and confusion....
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by jaybee3(m): 7:57am On Oct 05, 2016
gen2briz:

That's really the master plan. People will be surprise seeing jagaban in Ondo campaigning for oke in AD

Exactly, considering the fact that other potential vote splitters are now queuing up behind Oke to support his candidacy

I mean, why would Tinubu work against a party he helped to build if there isn't an hidden gain somewhere?

It's also more difficult for him to pull out his block of Gorvernors from APC to AD in order to continue the internal power struggle

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by LorDBolton(m): 7:58am On Oct 05, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Apc....party without discipline..

Buhari started it when he orchestrated the 'fake' meeting to lure tinubu's boy out of plenary so saraki and dogara could become SP n Speaker respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:59am On Oct 05, 2016
Lahotte:
Its not about the party

We just want Olusola Oke

Why do you want him?

What is wrong with Ondo sef?

Ondo's way is always different from other SW states. Her sister Ekiti too no different.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by joudini(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2016
jaybee3:
Could it be that their strategy is to wrestle the Governorship election from Akete using a friendly party (AD) then have Oke crisscross back to APC once things stabilise?

That's the only effective strategy that will be a win win for all concerned

It could be more complex than you think. What are the chances of Akete succeeding against PDP and other intra party aspirants?

What if this is been orchestrated by someone to dwindle completely the support base of APC as a whole in Ondo to reduce any chance of victory so as to prove a point?

What if this is been used as a test run, a sort of preemptive anchor for possible refuge in case someone powerful leaves the APC?

Tinubu is also a founding father of AD, he could clob together other grassroot parties for onward onslaught in the SW.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by LorDBolton(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2016
jaybee3:

Exactly, considering the fact that other potential vote splitters are now queuing up behind Oke to support his candidacy

I mean, why would Tinubu work against a party he helped to build if there isn't an hidden gain somewhere?

It's also more difficult for him to pull out his block of Gorvernors from APC to AD in order to continue the internal power struggle

Bros tinubu's gain is 'influence'. Not wealth

See its on record that tinubu put pmb there in aso rock via his great tinkering now he's being told "he's not God". What an insult?

It's better he returns to play his regional politics than be rubbished @ abuja...

Same thing they did with faleke this ondo own is the last straw they did it in his own backyard! That's unforgivable and I support jagaban 100%

7 Likes

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by Emma5097: 8:04am On Oct 05, 2016

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by jaybee3(m): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2016
joudini:

It could be more complex than you think. What are the chances of Akete succeeding against PDP and other intra party aspirants?

What if this is been orchestrated by someone to dwindle completely the support base of APC as a whole in Ondo to reduce any chance of victory so as to prove a point?

What if this is been used as a test run, a sort of preemptive anchor for possible refuge in case someone powerful leaves the APC?

Tinubu is also a founding father of AD, he could clob together other grassroot parties for onward onslaught in the SW.

If they don't win bro

Any sensible party would want to align with the centre so it's beneficial for AD, IF they win to crisscross back to APC

Your angle is solid as well bro but Ondo state being a Niger Delta region is too much a price to be used to make an idiotic point
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by LorDBolton(m): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Olushola Oke you are the winner.
Thunder fire Akeredolu.
Fashola and Fayemi the turncoats will regret their actions.
Bunch of ingrates

I can understand fashola's stupidity but fayemi? It's unbelievable.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by gen2briz(m): 8:08am On Oct 05, 2016
[quote author=Emma5097 post=49929198][/quote]

I don't have to become, am already a member. Thanks
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by jaybee3(m): 8:09am On Oct 05, 2016
Why would they keep going on about being in APC but only supporting Oke to make a point?
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by gebest: 8:12am On Oct 05, 2016
olusola oke will dissappoint tinubu like mimiko did.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by danugochukwu96(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2016
Honestly I get perplexed d way some folks reason tinz out - ppl should get it straight, this politicians don't give a shit abt d masses so we gat 2be smart enough to refrain from this stupid game of drumming sympathy support for dem.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by rahman25: 8:24am On Oct 05, 2016
gebest:
Most likely. Trust no man
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by bashydemy1: 8:32am On Oct 05, 2016
jaybee3:

I think what happen here is trying to proof how powerful he is to oyegun camp, If the Primary election was not rigged and akeredolu eventually won it would have been a different thing but trying to ridicule Tinubu is what he is trying to avoid.. Even if Oke win he will come back to APC that's the plan.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by bolinxman: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2016
gebest:
Let him disappoint Tinubu,that is not your business.We prefer him, Aketi is an ingrate.OKE IS OKAY FOR US.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by joudini(m): 8:34am On Oct 05, 2016
jaybee3:
Why would they keep going on about being in APC but only supporting Oke to make a point?

That's the point,bruh. For them to spout this is enough to get them expelled for antiparty politics. Whoever is putting batteries in their backs is playing both sides.

IF (a big IF) the AD wins, the APC will finally realise without doubt that Tinubu was behind it and the rational thing would be to pull him closer. But this will come at a cost, greater concessions would have to be given and this could inevitably throw up more power to a powerful man.

If AD wins and Oke rejoins APC, AD would get compensations and concessions and their structure would be available for future use.

This is a catch 22. The best strategy is to fight such a hegemon from afar rather than bringing in a cobra to be tamed (similar to how the US is building bases around Russia).
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by gebest: 8:35am On Oct 05, 2016
rahman25:

Most likely. Trust no man
yeah, everybody want to be a leader, mimiko promise tinubu dat he will decamp to AC from LP but he never did instead he decamped to pdp. same thing goes for olusola oke he will decamp to pdp. pdp is in their blood
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by pafygodo: 8:38am On Oct 05, 2016
FagsamPHP:
I will keep saying it, the game is between PDP vs Olusola Oke's AD.... APC should just forget votes coming from Central & South senetorial District, becos Olusola Oke will win massively in South 85% votes for him there, Eyitayo Jegede will flor both of them massivly in CENTRAL, then North District will be the battle ground of wish Only OWO LGA is outrightly sure for APC's Aketi....

And Central District has the highest no of voters followed by South then North... APC should forget Ondo State, never will they rule us...

CENTRAL : 615;157 = 39:78%
SOUTH : 511998 = 33.12%.
NORTH : 418,926 = 27.10%

And i trust my People, they are not weaklings, no rigging will be allowed here....
The fact that eyitayo hails from akure doesn't guarantee that he is going to win massively in the central. Akure is hugely populated by non indigenes of the town and the fact that Mimiko’s Popularity has grossly waned will count against PDP. As it is, nobody can predict who will win this election.
A lot of factors will determine, federal might may play a role as orchestrated in Edo state.
APC may want to do spite their supporters who are moving enmass to AD by throwing its weight behind the PDP Candidate. 'Kaka ki Eku maje sese, a o fi sewa danu'.
As you have said, Aketi is not popular among the electorates in Ondo, he is only popular in Owo and probably among his APC followers.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by gebest: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2016
bolinxman:
Let him disappoint Tinubu,that is not your business.We prefer him, Aketi is an ingrate.OKE IS OKAY FOR US.
how is aketi ingrate, is it because he beat u guys in d primary?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by Opinedecandid(m): 8:42am On Oct 05, 2016
FagsamPHP:
I will keep saying it, the game is between PDP vs Olusola Oke's AD.... APC should just forget votes coming from Central & South senetorial District, becos Olusola Oke will win massively in South 85% votes for him there, Eyitayo Jegede will flor both of them massivly in CENTRAL, then North District will be the battle ground of wish Only OWO LGA is outrightly sure for APC's Aketi....

And Central District has the highest no of voters followed by South then North... APC should forget Ondo State, never will they rule us...

And i trust my People, they are not weaklings, no rigging will be allowed here....

Again, I support you:

1. The game is between PDP and AD.
2. They won't be able to rig not just because of 'your people' but because of their 'vested' interest in the party. They will work as watch dogs to one another.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by Babacele: 8:52am On Oct 05, 2016
modath:

The people that advised APC/Oyegun and the so called Daura mafia to manipulate the delegates list did them a great disservice.... The forces also militating against that individual who served as "the bridge bulilder" showed their hands too early... They will learn!!! cool
unless Tinubu steps in , u ain't seen nothing yet. so let them come up with their own structure ,let's see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by Worthie(m): 8:54am On Oct 05, 2016
I won't be surprised if they all fail and APC wins
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by Worthie(m): 8:55am On Oct 05, 2016
gebest:

I wonder o
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by neocortex: 9:17am On Oct 05, 2016
shaddoww:
Hmmmm. One thing about Ondo state people is, dey hate imposition n dat was wat Aketi group used in d primary to discredit Abraham n now it's wat d Ondo people will use against APC n even PDP cos Jegede is also Mimiko' stooge, so dat leaves Oke as d only neutral choice 4 dem. But apart 4rm wat I stated above, d general feeling in Ondo state is dat dey don't want anything Mimiko, so dey will look 4 options else where.

AD already has a candidate before Oke jumps
ship, that means the AD candidate will be forcefully replaced with
Oke which is no different from imposition.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by neocortex: 9:27am On Oct 05, 2016
pafygodo:
The fact that eyitayo hails from akure doesn't guarantee that he is going to win massively in the central. Akure is hugely populated by non indigenes of the town and the fact that Mimiko’s Popularity has grossly waned will count against PDP. As it is, nobody can predict who will win this election.
A lot of factors will determine, federal might may play a role as orchestrated in Edo state.
APC may want to do spite their supporters who are moving enmass to AD by throwing its weight behind the PDP Candidate. 'Kaka ki Eku maje sese, a o fi sewa danu'.
As you have said, Aketi is not popular among the electorates in Ondo, he is only popular in Owo and probably among his APC followers.

Mimiko's popularity will have been such a huge factor had
APC not been fractured.
As it is now,
Aketi has federal might + Northern money bags on his side
Oke has disenfranchised APC + some grassroot + Tinubus money on his side
Jegede has "state might" + some grassroot + Mimiko's money on his side

You will agree with me that in some places votes that would have
been for only APC will be shared between Oke and Aketi.

I believe this election may follow the pattern of the last house assembly
elections as both Aketi and Oke might focus more on spiting each other
than working to defeat PDP.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by bolinxman: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2016
gebest:
Names were injected into the delegate list.it's a known fact.It's time for him to test his level of popularity and acceptability.
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by JakeII(m): 9:40am On Oct 05, 2016
FagsamPHP:

....And how are you sure Aketi will even win in Owo? Being a native of Owo but alien to the town (i.e. living entirely outside the state), are you sure he will be embraced by all. As far as I know, most of my fellas from Owo (that I KNOW) don't take that man serious. We are not interested in being sentimental with our future. So, let's see if those in support of him are more than us ....till Nov 26th
Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by slimbj: 9:47am On Oct 05, 2016
ademusiwa18:
sad

[size=28pt] the law state they most disqualify people base on state of origin
under the law mr borrffice can not run for election in ondo state. mr boroffice state of origin is not considered to be Ondo state. his state of origin is bayelsa state. those who conducted the election and made him senators did not know the law.

it is like mr tinubu, mr tinubu should not have been governor or major of lagos.. the same with mr saraki because the law state they have to run in their state of origin. now mr saraki can still go back to kano and say he want to run for governor.

There are ethnic tribe in africa, so the law want them to represent their tribe. that way other people dont feel cheated.. so mr tinubu cheated other people. mr tinubu broke the law.

the law is there because the ethnic group have to have a voice, some people are cheating other people by telling lies.

should they conduct election in ondo state for governor. The answer is NO. because you cant conduct governorship in ondo state.

there are 2 capital lagos and abuja. But lagos has no land.

And they want to move the second capital to ondo state.

Lagos has no governor. Ambode is just mayor of lagos. not a governor. If you look at the history of lagos. It had mayor. It is babatunde fashola and tinubu that were calling themself governor.. but because it is a comericial capital. Ambode is just a an equaivalent of a mayor.. not a governor. abuja has no governor.

And what they were trying to do was move it to akure, that was why they wanted to cancel the title of deji of akure. and they never had anyone in that position, because they wanted to cancel the title of deji of akure.. because the deji of akure is just a duke of a town. because akure has an airport. but the people of akure because they did not go to school. were protesting they want a deji of akure.. so they gave them deji akure, which is just a duke title.

so they have to relocate it to another city in ondo state. there is no need to conduct governorship in ondo state.

that why there is a need to build a new airport in ondo state, since the people of akure refuse. saying they want the title of deji of akure.. which is just a duke.

so another town in ondo state most be use and they need to build a new airport in that new town.

so there is no need to conduct governorship because lagos really does not have a governor.. ambode is just equavailent of mayor . there is no land in osun..
abuja has no governor
[/size]
eayah.
Sorry bro. Jesus will locate you with his healing hands.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Governorship: Boroffice And Abraham Collapse Political Structures For Oke by tolexy007(m): 9:51am On Oct 05, 2016
Lahotte:
Its not about the party

We just want Olusola Oke

NO, we want Eyitayo Jegede cheesy cheesy,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Atiku Bagudu Visits Sugar Cane Farmers In Kebbi (Photos) / Presidency: Atiku Sets Up Anti-rigging Committee / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Mourns Late Dr. Chike Akunyili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.