Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,270 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) (7275 Views)

Toni Iwobi: I Will Deport Nigerians, Africans Without Papers In Italy" / Benson Uchenna Nwughala Nigerian In Italy Killed By Train While Wearing Earpiece / Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Mille: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2016
Damien34:

Wow thanks...
I actually thought they request for passport before admittance.
It doesn't matter whether he stays in France or not, as long as he can start a life where he can at least feed and be paid.
one can go from Italy to France through train or a bus right?
I will speak to him more about this, thanks for your advice sir, I appreciate.

Of course, Yes.

They require passport and birth certificate too. Don't tell me your brother went all the way to Europe to seek assylum without some of his documents. When he is finally granted residence, how does he get a job?

MODIFIED:

I didn't even read your quote very well until now. You think the FFL is just a new life where he can feed and be paid? I laugh.

If he ever thinks of joining, tell him to always be prepared for wars and encounters. The FFL are used in hostile situations where the French cannot afford to lose any of their citizens. And since the FFL has a bad reputation in France as an 'army of misfits', nobody cares if they die or live. Or why else do you think a government will feed criminals, societal misfits and army deserters?

http://foreignlegion.info/joining/ All the info you need.

3 Likes

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Damien34: 9:57am On Oct 06, 2016
Mille:

Of course, Yes.

They require passport and birth certificate too. Don't tell me your brother went all the way to Europe to seek assylum without some of his documents. When he is finally granted residence, how does he get a job?
If it is international passport, he doesn't have that, but we can mail some of his docs here to prove he is a Nigerian.
There was no way he could even carry any doc.. He was dispossessed of any belonging through the desert.. Thank you.
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by worry359(m): 10:29am On Oct 06, 2016
Mille:

Don't tell me your brother went all the way to Europe to seek assylum without some of his documents. When he is finally granted residence, how does he get a job?

First thing they all do is throw away, or sell their passports so that they can not be deported to home country.
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Damien34: 12:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Mille:

Of course, Yes.

MODIFIED:

I didn't even read your quote very well until now. You think the FFL is just a new life where he can feed and be paid? I laugh.

If he ever thinks of joining, tell him to always be prepared for wars and encounters. The FFL are used in hostile situations where the French cannot afford to lose any of their citizens. And since the FFL has a bad reputation in France as an 'army of misfits', nobody cares if they die or live. Or why else do you think a government will feed criminals, societal misfits and army deserters?

http://foreignlegion.info/joining/ All the info you need.
Hmm, I'm aware of this.. Thanks, please if you have any another important advice to give, pls let me know thanks.
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Damien34: 12:48pm On Oct 06, 2016
worry359:

First thing they all do is throw away, or sell their passports so that they can not be deported to home country.
yea, true..
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Elxandre(m): 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
you guys allowed a 19 years old cross the desert? this is pure evil.

10 Likes

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by martineverest(m): 4:05pm On Oct 06, 2016
my edo brodas wont listen.especially the esan people.....the sufferings in desert is even less compared to what u will face in europe...the most ironic part is:they will still deport u....we are currently nuturing a cousin in my family house,who travelled to italy thru desert.....we shed tears when he told us his story.

Advice:tell ur brother to come hope and continue with life here in naija....it will be very difficult for him to do so,since he and his family members must have happily announce to his cline that he is in europe

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by yoged(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
Elxandre:
you guys allowed a 19 years old cross the desert?
this is pure evil.
it's pure wickedness.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by ATERI(m): 6:23pm On Oct 06, 2016
Ok, I have read everything, and it is a straight-forward case. From what you posted, your brother already has a criminal record in Europe, it`s therefore totally counter-productive to be wasting his time here. So tell him to do whatever is necessary in order to go back to Nigeria ASAP. Once you have gone through the court system in a developed nation and spent some time in jail, please, stop wasting further time where you have no future. Unless he is into sports or music he needs to forget about Europe for now. Good luck!
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Damien34: 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2016
ATERI:

Ok, I have read everything, and it is a straight-forward case. From what you posted, your brother already has a criminal record in Europe, it`s therefore totally counter-productive to be wasting his time here. So tell him to do whatever is necessary in order to go back to Nigeria ASAP. Once you have gone through the court system in a developed nation and spent some time in jail, please, stop wasting further time where you have no future. Unless he is into sports or music he needs to forget about Europe for now. Good luck!
Thank you sir, but I don't think he mentioned aging to court.. He is very good in football tho.
I just want to believe he still has hope...
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by apache77(m): 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
see problem
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by cozybunch: 11:33pm On Oct 06, 2016
Damien34:
Hello all. For the sake of anonymity, I created a new nairaland account, Please I want you to read this, might be long, but I really need you to read this.
Ok, I'm 23 yes old, currently in Nigeria and I have a younger brother who is 19yrs old.. Last year January, he successfully crossed the sea to Italy, Where he was taken to the camp in Italy (cara mineo) He spent some months there, and the living condition was very terrible.. He doesn't know anyone in Europe, but after some months, he left Italy before he thumb printed.. This he did so that he would be able to seek asylum in a stronger European country, thumb printing in Italy would make it hard to seek asylum else where because of the Dublin regulation that requires European countries to send back asylum seekers back to the first EU country of entry..
He left Italy through train and tried to enter Germany but he was turned back at the boarders, he went further to Austria where he was accepted and taken to a camp there..
Life there was somehow better than in Italy, as they were given little stipends, and little food.. He got a small job there where he was earning little, but unfortunately, work control cracked down on him and stopped him, and also slammed him with a fine.. After sometime, asylum seekers where transferred to the Bush.. no lies here, no food was provided for them, and he survived on bananas for days..
He begged on the streets, and he was able to survive..
After a few months, he was victimized and unjustly punished.. He was sent to prison.. He was alleged that he physically assaulted a white man, which wasn't true.. The white man himself confirmed my bro wasn't the offender, but the Austrian officials had already cancelled his Aduro..
He was deported back to Italy where he is back to square 1..
5days upon arrival, no food no water, no where to sleep except the ground, no where to beg because of the massive population of asylum seekers begging.. His health is deteriorating sharply, and he can hardly speak..
When we chat on WhatsApp, I'm almost in tears hearing his voice..
I really don't know where to look for help except this forum..
If I remember how he crossed the desert and the sea to get to Europe, I weep.. Now getting to Europe, he's realised things r not actually greener there.. Just 19, and the trauma he has passed through, and the trauma he is passing through can never be wished to one's enemy..
I have adviced him to be patient..
Please house, I really need advice here,
Even the Italy, ppl with documents are still in the streets, no job, no where to sleep, what to eat uncertain.
I have advice him to join the French foreign legion army, but I don't know if they accept asylum seekers.. Please, if you know any advice you can give to me that will save my lil bro, please help me, we have told him to come home, but he will be taken to deportation camp where he will spend 1yr there with more terrible living conditions..
Any nairalander currently in Europe that wants to help my lil bro with garri or food please I will really appreciate please, I m not asking for money, please, if it is just food that can get to his side, I will be able to sleep at night..
Please let's help our fellow Nigerian.. some ppl have made it in Europe and in the rest part of the world, while some r struggling very hard.. Please ppl, I type in tears, If anybody can help my lil bro in Milan? please ;(..
lalasticlala
justwise
pls help me carry to FP abeg.

I have not quite read comments of others but i doubt your story or i may say it may not be 100% true picture you narrated.

1. Italy is a schenge country, no border within member states. Meaning u can take a train from italy to any menber states without inspections.
2. If caught by German authorities, he will either declare asylum or better still, handed back to country of sojourn which is italy where he will be properly documented and finger printed.
3. In Austral where according to you, he gained asylum, they can't just throw him in bush, he is under international protection atleast, up untill his case is decided ( approved or not).

I can't comment on the charges against him, because nothing to write on that, no one is there to verify that story.

Good Luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Damien34: 11:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
cozybunch:

I have not quite read comments of others but i doubt your story or i may say it may not be 100% true picture you narrated.

1. Italy is a schenge country, no border within member states. Meaning u can take a train from italy to any menber states without inspections.
2. If caught by German authorities, he will either declare asylum or better still, handed back to country of sojourn which is italy where he will be properly documented and finger printed.
3. In Austral where according to you, he gained asylum, they can't just throw him in bush, he is under international protection atleast, up untill his case is decided ( approved or not).

I can't comment on the charges against him, because nothing to write on that, no one is there to verify that story.

Good Luck
1) OK, noted.
2) He was refused entry outrightly the moment he said he was a refugee frm Nigeria, I think Syrian refugees were more welcomed... At that time, Germany were also cutting down on their refugee intake.. So there was strict border control.
3)He was granted temporary protection, and he was still seen as an asylum seeker, a black and a white had a fight there, and it was my bro that was victimized.. because there are very few blacks in the camp he was.. They cancel the aduro.. no platform to reconsider, they did not even listen when the white said my bro wasn't the one..

1 Like

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Damien34: 11:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
cozybunch:

Good Luck
They've told him he will be properly documented and thumb printed February next yr.
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by ABEngine(m): 12:50am On Oct 07, 2016
cozybunch:

Good Luck

As valid as this may seem the catch there will be in defaulting any laws, this includes very minor ones as wrongful pedestrian crossing in Germany or boarding buses in Austria without correct tickets.

To the OP, I wish to assist him with warm clothings and if possible some other items I may not mention here. I will be in Milan by the weekend.

Let's not correct his wrongs by chastising the young folk, his bitter experiences are enough lessons. We all make these mistakes which are only excerpts of our state of awareness.

Europe is not the promised canaan, it never was. But he can get to the embassy in Rome and obtain documents for his return to Nigeria.

PM me his details

14 Likes

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 07, 2016
Wetin I wan talk now.. I will advice if u wan go Italy go through school and be legit that's the honest truth.. My person over there says no jobs, y are there no jobs CUs u cant speak Italian. There are plenty of jobs I did research very but u don't speak there language your good as gone.. Any other way is football if u dey ball find your way to watever academy your going to find pray for favour. My guy Is about to leave same I told him hold better money oo. As u enter do your RP wch is very important,he plays football so he can den scout for small clubs or so.. Italy no easy ooo. But Godspeed follow. Try and raise money for him if he has a passport RP is about 170euro.. If he can't it.. He can relocate to Germany or Norway.. Finland even jobs dey there..

Good luck
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by ABEngine(m): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2016
Damien34:

Thank You very much sir, I really appreciate.. I have pm'ed you.. God bless you sir..

I saw the pm, I have responded to it as well. Kindly send his number and yours too.

Thank God.

1 Like

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Solatium(m): 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2016
Damien34:
Hello all. For the sake of anonymity, I created a new nairaland account, Please I want you to read this, might be long, but I really need you to read this.
Ok, I'm 23 yes old, currently in Nigeria and I have a younger brother who is 19yrs old.. Last year January, he successfully crossed the sea to Italy, Where he was taken to the camp in Italy (cara mineo) He spent some months there, and the living condition was very terrible.. He doesn't know anyone in Europe, but after some months, he left Italy before he thumb printed.. This he did so that he would be able to seek asylum in a stronger European country, thumb printing in Italy would make it hard to seek asylum else where because of the Dublin regulation that requires European countries to send back asylum seekers back to the first EU country of entry..
He left Italy through train and tried to enter Germany but he was turned back at the boarders, he went further to Austria where he was accepted and taken to a camp there..
Life there was somehow better than in Italy, as they were given little stipends, and little food.. He got a small job there where he was earning little, but unfortunately, work control cracked down on him and stopped him, and also slammed him with a fine.. After sometime, asylum seekers where transferred to the Bush.. no lies here, no food was provided for them, and he survived on bananas for days..
He begged on the streets, and he was able to survive..
After a few months, he was victimized and unjustly punished.. He was sent to prison.. He was alleged that he physically assaulted a white man, which wasn't true.. The white man himself confirmed my bro wasn't the offender, but the Austrian officials had already cancelled his Aduro..
He was deported back to Italy where he is back to square 1..
5days upon arrival, no food no water, no where to sleep except the ground, no where to beg because of the massive population of asylum seekers begging.. His health is deteriorating sharply, and he can hardly speak..
When we chat on WhatsApp, I'm almost in tears hearing his voice..
I really don't know where to look for help except this forum..
If I remember how he crossed the desert and the sea to get to Europe, I weep.. Now getting to Europe, he's realised things r not actually greener there.. Just 19, and the trauma he has passed through, and the trauma he is passing through can never be wished to one's enemy..
I have adviced him to be patient..
Please house, I really need advice here,
Even the Italy, ppl with documents are still in the streets, no job, no where to sleep, what to eat uncertain.
I have advice him to join the French foreign legion army, but I don't know if they accept asylum seekers.. Please, if you know any advice you can give to me that will save my lil bro, please help me, we have told him to come home, but he will be taken to deportation camp where he will spend 1yr there with more terrible living conditions..
Any nairalander currently in Europe that wants to help my lil bro with garri or food please I will really appreciate please, I m not asking for money, please, if it is just food that can get to his side, I will be able to sleep at night..
Please let's help our fellow Nigerian.. some ppl have made it in Europe and in the rest part of the world, while some r struggling very hard.. Please ppl, I type in tears, If anybody can help my lil bro in Milan? please ;(..
lalasticlala
justwise
pls help me carry to FP abeg.

Look for a way to raise money for his ticket back home,at 19 and with his experience he will surely make it back at home,most people think living abroad is like Nigeria where you can go to any relative of yours and you will be sorted out in minutes,bring him back in peace now before is too late.....i pray you don't lose him
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Damien34: 8:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
Solatium:

Look for a way to raise money for his ticket back home,at 19 and with his experience he will surely make it back at home,most people think living abroad is like Nigeria where you can go to any relative of yours and you will be sorted out in minutes,bring him back in peace now before is too late.....i pray you don't lose him
We no get cash for ticket, but he will go to deportation camp.. When he wants to return... Thank you sir..
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Damien34: 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
I want to say a big thank you to all, for the advice and help..
I want to also thank ABEngine for taking the burden upon himself to contact my bro.. May God richly bless you abundantly..
Thank you...
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Pidggin(f): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2016
What a careless family. You allowed him to travel to a land where he knows no one? Anyway, here's my advice, he should start going to any of their churches there, meet the priest or pastors in charge and volunteer his services, even if it means washing their plates as long as he can find something to eat, he will survive

5 Likes

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by xray2: 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2016
Damien34 how far with your brother now?

1 Like

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by TheCongo2: 5:28am On Jan 01, 2017
Any update on this case?
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by austino677(m): 7:27pm On Jan 01, 2017
Following
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by austino677(m): 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2017
Registered October last seen October.. I guess he's the younger bro undecided

1 Like

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Chapecoense(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2017
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Chapecoense(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2017

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by TheCongo2: 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2017
Chapecoense:

He is back in Nigeria now... and my mum was so happy to see her son again. Joy was all over his eyes. Suprisingly to us, He is a changed person now. And my joy is that he no longer has that stubborn and get rich quick mentality.. He says he does not want big money that he will find his feet again and live a normal life.
He will go and report back to the organisation that assisted his return, where he will be trained on any business or skill of his choice.
He said Europe is not like how it used to be and that it's very tough for illegals.. He said he would sit all day on the ground begging for alms, no jobs no documents, someone will even walk up to him and tell him to leave his begging spot... He further said people are waiting 2 years 5 years 6 years for interview on their status yet nothing..
In his words
"I cannot waste my life like this, people run mad every time be cos of frustration.. you remain stucked with nothing.. Italy won't deport u but will make life miserably unbearable. I was very desperate be cos of the situation and I wanted to do drugs, until I see someone sentenced to 10 years, I had a rethought."
He said he won't advice anybody or even his enemy to a pass through the desert to go and suffer in Europe, That he has learnt his lessons the hard way and he is incredibly grateful to God for keeping him alive as he recounted his ordeal in Libya.
He was able to bring some money to start up something and I was very happy be cos this is someone who never liked the idea of business in the first place.. His sense of reasoning has completely changed.. and despite my fears that he was going to lavish all his money upon return, he proved me wrong.
I'm grateful to everybody here that offered advice and help idea one way or the other GOD bless you.
NB I didn't write this to discourage people from travelling to Europe, but if u reading this and u are planning on going to a country through the back doors, you might want to reconsider.. It is the hard truth and this is what people won't tell you.

Thanks for the update bro
Re: A Must Read, What He Goes Through In Italy (HELP) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 03, 2017
Chapecoense:

He is back in Nigeria now... and my mum was so happy to see her son again. Joy was all over his eyes. Suprisingly to us, He is a changed person now. And my joy is that he no longer has that stubborn and get rich quick mentality.. He says he does not want big money that he will find his feet again and live a normal life.
He will go and report back to the organisation that assisted his return, where he will be trained on any business or skill of his choice.
He said Europe is not like how it used to be and that it's very tough for illegals.. He said he would sit all day on the ground begging for alms, no jobs no documents, someone will even walk up to him and tell him to leave his begging spot... He further said people are waiting 2 years 5 years 6 years for interview on their status yet nothing..
In his words
"I cannot waste my life like this, people run mad every time be cos of frustration.. you remain stucked with nothing.. Italy won't deport u but will make life miserably unbearable. I was very desperate be cos of the situation and I wanted to do drugs, until I see someone sentenced to 10 years, I had a rethought."
He said he won't advice anybody or even his enemy to a pass through the desert to go and suffer in Europe, That he has learnt his lessons the hard way and he is incredibly grateful to God for keeping him alive as he recounted his ordeal in Libya.
He was able to bring some money to start up something and I was very happy be cos this is someone who never liked the idea of business in the first place.. His sense of reasoning has completely changed.. and despite my fears that he was going to lavish all his money upon return, he proved me wrong.
I'm grateful to everybody here that offered advice and help idea one way or the other GOD bless you.
NB I didn't write this to discourage people from travelling to Europe, but if u reading this and u are planning on going to a country through the back doors, you might want to reconsider.. It is the hard truth and this is what people won't tell you.

Many will not listen to your warning, thank God your brother returned safely

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dana Air Bags Airline Of The Year 2017, Wins Crew King And Queen Of Air Contest / Poland People / Lagos ₦800 Transport Levy Scheme Fails To Kick Off On February 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.