Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! (33189 Views)

Ramadan: Christian Lady Shares Food To Muslims In Lagos (Photos) / How Could Paul CURSE YAHSHUA- And No Christian NOTICED? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by wirinet(m): 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2016
Anas09:

And that makes it acceptable? Even if the entire world is doing it, If the Lord says "Thou shall not be unequally yoked", it means "Thou shall not be unequally yoked", it doesnt matter if an Angel did it. Its still not acceptable.

Those doing it, think marriage is just a man and a woman coming together to raise a family, support each other and keep each other's company. No, not just that.

Anyone who understands why Christ calls The Church His Bride will umderstand what marriage is all about.

Anytime the Bible wants to discuss our relationship wirh God, it uses the relationship between a man and his wife to describe it. People who the things of God are light to, will be shocked when they face to face with whom they say is their Lord.
You that is giving such long sermon in marriage, are you married? Do you know what marriage entails? It seems you have no clue of what marriage entails, your posts only shows your hatred for atheists.

It is funny that you Pentecostal Christians described marriage as a yoke. Do you know what a yoke is? I can never be equally or unequally yoked with anyone. My wife that gives me such love and happiness can never be a yoke to me.

Yoke
A yoke is a wooden beam normally used between a pair of oxen or other animals to enable them to pull together on a load when working in pairs, as oxen usually do; some yokes are fitted to individual animals. There are several types of yoke, used in different cultures, and for different types of oxen. A pair of oxen may be called a yoke of oxen, and yoke is also a verb, as in "to yoke a pair of oxen". Other animals that may be yoked include horses, mules, donkeys, and water buffalo.

I pray that when eventually you get married, you will not see your marriage as a yoke.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by shadeyinka(m): 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
frank317:

U have a problem with my girl who is having a blissful time wit me. Oga u have problem with ur self... Hi check urself.

This information is not important to me. Weather born again or not, I obviously love her the way she is, something u so called loving God cannot do.

Again stop wishing problems for my relationship. In future we will be happy together. Not everyone is as sick as u are.

No body is changing Mr counselor. Why do u want to badly for my relationship to go wrong? U must be evil.

If ur wife change to a mad woman will that turn u to a mad man?

I don't care. It's when we have people like u married to persons with different belief that problems arise. I can handle my relationship, stop second guessing it negatively and take me for my word... Stop acting like u don't trust that I can handle my relationship... It's annoying and u don't know me.

Hey Bro!
I am not against you or your marriage to be. I guess you got me wrong. In marriage counseling, we make couples go through "bad case scenario s" as a means of sparking of communications between them.

Let me give you an example:
Let's say a couple decides to have three children, good!
We ask, suppose all the three children happen to be girls, would you go for a fourth trial?

It forces them to think "when they are in their sane minds" than when reality has set in and they need to make discissions.

I don't know either of you so, I cannot judge you.

Sorry, if it looks like I am intruding. I do not mean you any harm.

Have my best wishes!

Communications differed is crises Postponed!
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by raphieMontella: 1:02am On Oct 10, 2016
Anas09:

And that makes it acceptable? Even if the entire world is doing it, If the Lord says "Thou shall not be unequally yoked", it means "Thou shall not be unequally yoked", it doesnt matter if an Angel did it. Its still not acceptable.

Those doing it, think marriage is just a man and a woman coming together to raise a family, support each other and keep each other's company. No, not just that.

Anyone who understands why Christ calls The Church His Bride will umderstand what marriage is all about.

Anytime the Bible wants to discuss our relationship wirh God, it uses the relationship between a man and his wife to describe it. People who the things of God are light to, will be shocked when they face to face with whom they say is their Lord.
since paul is your new christ...why do you speak in churches ?(as he commanded)
infact what you doing on nairaland?
M pretty sure youve got facebook and whatsapp also...
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Anas09: 1:18am On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

since paul is your new christ...why do you speak in churches ?(as he commanded)
infact what you doing on nairaland?
M pretty sure youve got facebook and whatsapp also...
So Saint Paul is the one who started the Church?

If you know a thing, u ask instead of embarassing youraelf. The Church started the Desert as the Israelits were returning from Egypt.
The body of Christ started in the upper room in Acts of the 1. Jesus asked his followers to wait there for the Holy Spirit, at the time, Saul who later became Paul, was still in Law school. After the Holy Ghost came on them, their ministries started. They began to go every where preaching. By then, Saul was done with Law School. A Fresh Pharisee, full of zeal, just out of Law school and was ready to show working. He went from one city to the other bringing them back to Jerusalem to kill and throw them into prison.

By then the Church was growing like wild fire. It was at one of such expeditions that he got caught.

Before Paul became a Christian, the Church in Jerusalem was already formed. He never was a leader of any church sef. Peter and James and John were in Charge of the church in Jerusalem.

He just went from city to city converting souls, leave there, move to somewhere else.
The man almost spent all his time in prison. All the books he wrote were from the Prison.

Your hatred for Apostle Paul is baseless as you know nothing about Him.

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by birdman(m): 1:39am On Oct 10, 2016
Seun:
What do you think I'm trying to achieve through these arguments, and what would be a better way of achieving it, in your view?

Honestly, I am not a mind reader. But having been agnostic at one point, I would say you are honest enough to confront questions on religion, and brave enough to follow the conclusion to where it may lead. All well and good. If more Nigerians, especially Christians had this kind of heart, boy, we would be in a much better place.

However, same way you became an atheist, your older, wiser self may find other counter-evidence to radically alter your journey. Spending energy battling it out with folks on nairaland and elsewhere is a waste of time, and will distract you from your future discoveries. The heart is an interesting thing, and faith (not religion) is ultimately of the heart. And strife is a good way to distract your heart.

I wish you the best bro, I just think the negativity that comes from your battles is a hindrance more than a help. I think on some days I have seen you on like 4 threads at once lol! grin You have no idea the heart condition of the folks agreeing and disagreeing with you here on nairaland. Nor do you know the insides of pastors or atheist alike - at the end of the day, it is between you and your creator. Save your energy

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Kay17: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2016
There is no moral high ground for this OP. It is prejudice hidden in the robes of moral advice.

2 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by raphieMontella: 9:53am On Oct 10, 2016
I meant to say..
Why do you as a female,speak in church contrary to pauls order
Anas09:

So Saint Paul is the one who started the Church?

If you know a thing, u ask instead of embarassing youraelf. The Church started the Desert as the Israelits were returning from Egypt.
wtff?
Pls wow me more
judaism is a christian division?

The body of Christ started in the upper room in Acts of the 1. Jesus asked his followers to wait there for the Holy Spirit, at the time, Saul who later became Paul, was still in Law school. After the Holy Ghost came on them, their ministries started. They began to go every where preaching. By then, Saul was done with Law School. A Fresh Pharisee, full of zeal, just out of Law school and was ready to show working. He went from one city to the other bringing them back to Jerusalem to kill and throw them into prison.

By then the Church was growing like wild fire. It was at one of such expeditions that he got caught.

Before Paul became a Christian, the Church in Jerusalem was already formed. He never was a leader of any church sef. Peter and James and John were in Charge of the church in Jerusalem.

He just went from city to city converting souls, leave there, move to somewhere else.
The man almost spent all his time in prison. All the books he wrote were from the Prison.

Your hatred for Apostle Paul is baseless as you know nothing about Him.
i know nothing about paul...neither do you..
But i know he preached stuffs contrary to what jesus preached...
Pauline christianity is not based on jesus..
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Anas09: 10:03am On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:
I meant to say..
Why do you as a female,speak in church contrary to pauls order
wtff?
Pls wow me more
judaism is a christian division?
i know nothing about paul...neither do you..
But i know he preached stuffs contrary to what jesus preached...
Pauline christianity is not based on jesus..
Its actually a pity that you hate Christ without actually knowing anything about him.
So, i dont know Apostle Paul? Then why shd we talk about someone both of us know nothing about?

It makes no sense, lets leave it at that.

Satan and satanist hate Paul. He was a good tool in the hands of satan until he escaped, till today satan has not firgiven him.

You know nothing Raphael.

Meanwhile, change your name.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by raphieMontella: 10:23am On Oct 10, 2016
Anas09:

Its actually a pity that you hate Christ without actually knowing anything about him.
So, i dont know Apostle Paul? Then why shd we talk about someone both of us know nothing about?

It makes no sense, lets leave it at that.

Satan and satanist hate Paul. He was a good tool in the hands of satan until he escaped, till today satan has not firgiven him.
how do you know the bolded?
Was it communicated to you by satan?

You know nothing Raphael.

Meanwhile, change your name.
my name is rapha-el not rapha-yhvh

El is not your God's name..
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by kjhova(m): 10:50am On Oct 10, 2016
frank317:

If ur brother becomes and atheist, and wants to marry a Christian lady, would u hmgo and the the Christian lady not to marry him? Pls reply.

Dear @frank317, I am not sure that I understand your question due to the typo error but I guess you meant to confirm if I'd allow a Christian sister marry my brother if he were to be atheist.

Yes, I will because I am an atheist and married to a Christian woman too. My wife's church is against jewelries and she has asked that our girls not have their ears pierced. We are still discussing this as of now and whatever we conclude upon shall be the norm in the house. You know what, fanatiscm and ignorance are the real problems with man and not religion and atheism. Two matured humans can have mutual differences and yet reach an agreement. It is only the hard hearted who insist that only their way must be right and everyone else must be damned.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Anas09: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

how do you know the bolded?
Was it communicated to you by satan?

my name is rapha-el not rapha-yhvh

El is not your God's name..
See how shut yourself in the foot. I didnt even go into talking about El in Yahweh.
Guy, you know what you are doing.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by raphieMontella: 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
Anas09:

See how shut yourself in the foot. I didnt even go into talking about El in Yahweh.
Guy, you know what you are doing.
what i mean is that--my name bears God...and that God can be anyone...could be yours the hindu the deistic version etc...
A man can even be a God sef...
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Anas09: 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
raphieMontella:

what i mean is that--my name bears God...and that God can be anyone...could be yours the hindu the deistic version etc...
A man can even be a God sef...
Raphael pls stop talking. Pls, am begging you.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by raphieMontella: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Anas09:
Raphael pls stop talking. Pls, am begging you.
^^ did i say something wrong? No vex oo...
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by frank317: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
kjhova:

Dear @frank317, I am not sure that I understand your question due to the typo error but I guess you meant to confirm if I'd allow a Christian sister marry my brother if he were to be atheist.

Yes, I will because I am an atheist and married to a Christian woman too. My wife's church is against jewelries and she has asked that our girls not have their ears pierced. We are still discussing this as of now and whatever we conclude upon shall be the norm in the house. You know what, fanatiscm and ignorance are the real problems with man and not religion and atheism. Two matured humans can have mutual differences and yet reach an agreement. It is only the hard hearted who insist that only their way must be right and everyone else must be damned.

thanks for the reply... its satisfactory enough

1 Like

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Ranchhoddas: 12:49am On Oct 11, 2016
EreluY:

Typical idiotic Nigerian rant. I've made my point. If you have any, do put it forward. Go and enrol on Level 1 Critical Thinking and Theory of Knowledge courses, and you wouldn't be asking these questions. Coursera offers free online accessible courses these days so no one can claim exorbitant tuition fees prevented them from being knowledgeable.
SMH...Where's the point? All I see is bile.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by bobkezel(m): 11:47am On Oct 11, 2016
I am neither an atheist nor a christian/muslim, but whenever i read debates/arguements between atheists and christians/muslims, i can't help but notice the great intelligence of the atheists and how they back up their arguements with reasonable facts. But the christians/muslims, they always beat about the bush quoting one story book or another, their story books have taken over their thinking facaulties.

5 Likes

Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by favouryemmy: 2:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
This is a very good post. We as children of God love atheists as a people but not their position on the existence of God. This is the kind of love that the Bible talks about. We love you as fellow human beings but there is a clear difference when you talk about the kind of love that makes people marry. The same Bible that says we should love our neighbors also tells us not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. That means we should not be tied to them, marriage inclusive because it's unequal. Such a marriage will never be a happy one and the offsprings produced might have to suffer from this. Atheists should marry only atheists so that they can be equally yoked and there would be one less area of conflict. Someone like Seun should therefore marry an atheist like himself.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by JackBizzle: 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
favouryemmy:
This is a very good post. We as children of God love atheists as a people but not their position on the existence of God. This is the kind of love that the Bible talks about. We love you as fellow human beings but there is a clear difference when you talk about the kind of love that makes people marry. The same Bible that says we should love our neighbors also tells us not to be unequally yoked with unbelievers. That means we should not be tied to them, marriage inclusive because it's unequal. Such a marriage will never be a happy one and the offsprings produced might have to suffer from this. Atheists should marry only atheists so that they can be equally yoked and there would be one less area of conflict. Someone like Seun should therefore marry an atheist like himself.

Do you know how many christians have married muslims in Yoruba families long before you were born?
Do you know how many christians marry atheists abroad

There is life outside your bible. Religion is bigger than the bible. Even Pharisees knew scripture.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by EreluY(f): 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
SMH...Where's the point? All I see is bile.

[size=14pt]I now know that you're an archetypal ignoramus. Congratulations! Where ignorance is bliss, it's folly to be wise. SHAME![/size]
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Ranchhoddas: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
EreluY:

[size=14pt]I now know that you're an archetypal ignoramus. Congratulations! Where ignorance is bliss, it's folly to be wise. SHAME![/size]
More vitriol. Points yet to be made. Confusing the ability to hurl insults for intelligence. How sad...........The only thing worse than ignorance is the illusion of knowledge- Stephen Hawking
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by favouryemmy: 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
JackBizzle:

Do you know how many christians have married muslims in Yoruba families long before you were born?
Do you know how many christians marry atheists abroad

There is life outside your bible. Religion is bigger than the bible. Even Pharisees knew scripture.

I'm telling you what is written in the Bible my friend. Oh! I'm sorry. You don't care what is written there because you're an atheist. I understand.
You said religion is bigger than the Bible? Very funny! Nothing is bigger than the Word of God. Nothing!! But you won't understand because you're an atheist.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by JackBizzle: 3:39am On Oct 13, 2016
favouryemmy:

I'm telling you what is written in the Bible my friend. Oh! I'm sorry. You don't care what is written there because you're an atheist. I understand.
You said religion is bigger than the Bible? Very funny! Nothing is bigger than the Word of God. Nothing!! But you won't understand because you're an atheist.

You are the typical Nigerian christian that has been caged by strict conservative adherence to religion. Your thinking has been caged.

Even your Jesus says that the law was made for man and not man made for the law.

And yes, religion is bigger than the bible. Does your bible say anything about abortion? No. Does your bible say anything smoking weed? no.

The bible does not need to tell you everything. God also gave you a brain, I presume, to reason. You are not a child that has to be told everything to do.
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by favouryemmy: 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2016
JackBizzle:

You are the typical Nigerian christian that has been caged by strict conservative adherence to religion. Your thinking has been caged.

Even your Jesus says that the law was made for man and not man made for the law.

And yes, religion is bigger than the bible. Does your bible say anything about abortion? No. Does your bible say anything smoking weed? no.

The bible does not need to tell you everything. God also gave you a brain, I presume, to reason. You are not a child that has to be told everything to do.

You've made your point and it's palpable we cannot agree about this issue. Don't attack other people when they make their point just because it's contrary to yours. Ciao!
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by CuteMadridista: 6:12am On Mar 22, 2018
hmmmmmm
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by EyeHateGod: 12:12pm On Feb 22, 2019
A simple something
Re: Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! by Godssword1(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

22 Doctrinal Beliefs Of Deeper Life Church / "I Was Healed Of HIV At Father Ebube Muonso's Adoration Ministry" - Lady (Video) / My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.