Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided (7078 Views)

What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? / Andy Uba Boasts He Would Win Governorship Elections...anambrans React! (pics) / Peter Obi, Anambrans And The Politics Of Hate! (lengthy But Worth Reading) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Cjrane2: 10:47pm On Oct 06, 2016
Clinton9000:

Afonja

Afonjas, heart of darkness and deceit

4 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by stsinner: 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2016
nonsobaba:
Another senseless thread from a Wawa clown. As far as I am concerned, Anambra and Imo are the real Igbos. Others are just there to enlarge our coast.
nonso, hapu okwu a!

2 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by FKO81(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
RockHard:

[s]Bullshyt. You can't even PROVE that the OP is Yoruba to begin with. Anybody that has spent enough time on this board knows how you lots attack each other, forming Imo is better than Anambra and vice-versa. Yet you would rather scapegoat Yorubas rather than call yourselves to order and keep your linen out of this space. Get a life dude.[/s]
Trash
he Ijebus too, claimed to be superior to other Yorubas because, according to them, it was the fifth Awujale (king of Ijebu-Ode) that cured Oduduwa (the progenitors of the Yoruba race) of blindness. grin grin For them, if the father of all Yorubas was a beneficiary of their fifth ruler, it then meant that they had existed before the foundation of the Yoruba race or at least, before they got to Nigeria.

The first Awujale was said to have come from a place called Waddai, somewhere in present day Sudan. The people are different from their immediate neighbours in Ijebuland

I didn't know Oduduwa was blind

8 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by jopretty(f): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2016
And where did I mention in my comment that I want the elders to come to the city? Brideprice should be paid in the village, afterwards, you do the celebration where you want. Besides, once a man pays the brideprice, the woman becomes his whether you do traditional wedding or not, it isn't nobody's biz.
stsinner:

maybe her tone was wrong BUT wait oh, u want to do traditinal wedding yet u dont want tradition to take place? Like seriously? Ndi okenye obodo gi ekwughi okwu? U also dont want to risk the live of ur friends but u want the elders to risk their lives travelling to the city? Ndi igbo na-akpö nka 'ofeke'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by stsinner: 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
jopretty:
And where did I mention in my comment that I want the elders to come to the city? Brideprice should be paid in the village, afterwards, you do the celebration where you want. Besides, once a man pays the brideprice, the woman becomes his whether you do traditional wedding or not, it isn't nobody's biz.
ekwe m gi,mana obughi maka otu agwa ezi enyi gi bu onye anambra mesoro gi, ga-eme ka umu afo anambra nile buru ndi öjö

1 Like

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 06, 2016
stsinner:
@Kingset
umuaka na-enye gi nsogbu. Okenye anaghí anö n'ulo,ewu ama n'ogbuli. Negodu ka ndi mba özo abughi ndi igbo si na-agu pöti gi n'a nya ndi igbo n'iru. Dobe okwu a ubochi nzuko ndi igbo. Ö bù na Imaghi na Ndi awusa(ebigbi ugwu) na ndi gbati gbati na-agu ya? Ogwusigo ka ora m na önù n'uchichi a. Ka chukwu okike abiama gozie gi. Ise e
Nwanne biko ewela iwe, o ka osi juputam na obi ka nji were de nyabu edemede. Mana k' anyi gwakenu onwe anyi ezi okwu. Ihe umu Anambra na eme odinma? Ihe ndia bu ihe na ebute gasi ikpa oke na etiti anyi

Biko na Igbo nile bu ofu. Ka anyi jiko aka onu kwado oganilu na etiti anyi nile

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by devilson(m): 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2016
Oblang:

Is the op a Yoruba? prove the op wrong and don't drag the sw into it. There is no discrimination whatsoever among the Yorubas. many yorubas this days don't even marry from their native land..
bros why u dy mind that yeye boy,my mum is ekiti nd my dad is ijebu,my dad family likes my mum die.nd my mum's parent respect my dad alot

4 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by jopretty(f): 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
Nka wu ajuju mbuchi ozo. Indi Anambra n'eme ka soso ha bu ezigbo ndigbo igbo ndi ozo awuruzie 'igbo aturu' eziokwu iha juogburu onweya n'jo.
CzarChris:
Let's call a spade a spade and not a shovel.

O wu ihe nwute na ndi Igbo enwe ha ofu obi, gi juo mu ihe a ndi Anambra na eme ajoka. A bu mu ezigbote nwafo Imo State. Mana ndi Anambra bia ha na akpomu nwa onye Igbo. Maka chukwu ihe a ajo gbuo udele na njo. Mu buru nwa onye Igbo, onye Anambra aburu kwanu nwa onye ole?

6 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by RockHard: 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
FKO81:

Trash
he Ijebus too, claimed to be superior to other Yorubas because, according to them, it was the fifth Awujale (king of Ijebu-Ode) that cured Oduduwa (the progenitors of the Yoruba race) of blindness. grin grin For them, if the father of all Yorubas was a beneficiary of their fifth ruler, it then meant that they had existed before the foundation of the Yoruba race or at least, before they got to Nigeria.

The first Awujale was said to have come from a place called Waddai, somewhere in present day Sudan. The people are different from their immediate neighbours in Ijebuland

I didn't know Oduduwa was blind

You're sick bro. On a normal day I wouldn't even have this sort of exchange with your dumb as.s.s, but for the sake of arguement, when was the last time you saw a non-ijebu person come on Nairaland to bit/ch about or thrash ijebus for being overbearing towards other Yoruba clans?? You lots are the ones that obviously can't keep your dirty linens out of Nairaland. If it's not Chino attacking Abagworo, it's another one of your thrashing the other one's state. Pray tell how that concerns Yoruba people?? It's obvious you are embarrassed by this constant show of shame, but rather than face your brothers and talk some sense into them, you would rather scapegoat Yorubas. Again, go and get a life. Yorubas are not the reason why you all can't stand each other.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 06, 2016
And that's the person i-pupu youths are calling Yoruba cheesy

Wallaahi aye yin ti ta

2 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Habakus: 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
chiamaka21:
keep quite joor. is the OP not saying the truth.
What truth is he saying?
So there's no other way to address the issue other than coming to a public forum to disparage the people he calls his brothers?
What happened to town hall meetings?
What happened to Ndiigbo gatherings?
So in your family,if you have an issue with either your brother or your sister,you'll pick megaphone and start announcing it everywhere for people to know? Is that how you do?
How many times have you seen a northerner or other ethnic groups come on a public forum and start castigating his brother? Or do you think they don't have their own challenges?
You guys ought to be wise... Use your head!

3 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by jopretty(f): 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
Obu hu soso otu ahu oo, ndi ozo sokwa ya, mana anam eche bara ya uche. Ofogom n'obi kemgbe.
stsinner:

ekwe m gi,mana obughi maka otu agwa ezi enyi gi bu onye anambra mesoro gi, ga-eme ka umu afo anambra nile buru ndi öjö
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by stsinner: 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2016
Kingset:
Nwanne biko ewela iwe, o ka osi juputam na obi ka nji were de nyabu edemede. Mana k' anyi gwakenu onwe anyi ezi okwu. Ihe umu Anambra na eme odinma? Ihe ndia bu ihe na ebute gasi ikpa oke na etiti anyi

Biko na Igbo nile bu ofu. Ka anyi jiko aka onu kwado oganilu na etiti anyi nile
nwanne daalu. Ama m ka osi adi,we tu o obi ka anyi were otu obi na-aga. Anyi ñu köö amiri önù,ö gba ifufu
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
RockHard:

You're sick bro. On a normal day I wouldn't even have this sort of exchange with your dumb as.s.s, but for the sake of arguement, when was the last time you saw an non-ijebu person come on Nairaland to bit/ch about or thrash ijebus for being overbearing towards other Yoruba clans?? You lots are the ones that obviously can't keep your dirty linens out of Nairaland. If it's not Chino attacking Abagworo, it's another one of your thrashing the other one's state. Pray tell how that concerns Yoruba people?? It's obvious you are embarrassed by this constant show of shame, but rather face your brothers and talk some sense into them, you would rather scapegoat Yorubas. Again, go and get a life. Yorubas are not the reason why you all can't stand each other.

I-pupu youths get issues gaan.Excessive intake of that Indonesian salt wey dem dey always smuggle grin

5 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by stsinner: 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2016
jopretty:
Obu hu soso otu ahu oo, ndi ozo sokwa ya, mana anam eche bara ya uche. Ofogom n'obi kemgbe.
nwa ada ndi igbo ji aga mba, daalu. Ama m na oga gi di nma?

1 Like

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by CzarChris(m): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
jopretty:
Nka wu ajuju mbuchi ozo. Indi Anambra n'eme ka soso ha bu ezigbo ndigbo igbo ndi ozo awuruzie 'igbo aturu' eziokwu iha juogburu onweya n'jo.
Nwanyioma, anyi bu ndi Igbo na aga na ihu karia ndi ozo na obodo a, mana ndi Anambra wetuo obi ha na ala.

Igbo bu Igbo ka anyi nile ga na ihu.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by jopretty(f): 11:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
Eziokwu!!!
CzarChris:
Nwanyioma, anyi bu ndi Igbo na aga na ihu karia ndi ozo na obodo a, mana ndi Anambra wetuo obi ha na ala.

Igbo bu Igbo ka anyi nile ga na ihu.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 06, 2016
Oblang:

All these are jst normal conflict in the interpretation of history that does not affect the relationship among average Yoruba ppl...face the op..

Can u hear urself?.
U have given it a name call it normal conflict in the interpretation of history... hahahah see hypocrisy.

Abeg joor! I hav this yoruba friend named kayode hez from ijebu
And when ever he wana make a reference to yoruba pple he'll use ijebu ...and ull hear him always using a line like "u kno ijebus are d real yoruba"... ill just say to myself so yorubas do this too but thell say igbos are not united.

2 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:11am On Oct 07, 2016
jopretty:

Nwada,kedu ife n'ewute yi na obi?
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by jopretty(f): 12:13am On Oct 07, 2016
Ohwero...
OdenigboAroli:

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Shym3xx: 12:13am On Oct 07, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Igala nyggah. grin

Ya forebear was Onoja Oboli, the founder of Nri Kingdom, Nri Priest. grin
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 12:28am On Oct 07, 2016
Ekwugidegom maka iha,ike gwum. Ndi b'anyi kacha ezuzu iha. Kwusinu ikpali umu nwanne anyi. Iha jogburu onweya. Ebe nine ana complain maka ndi b'anyi. Amam k'anyi si buru ihe ndi njo na nya isi. Odikwa egwu!

2 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by somegirl1: 12:50am On Oct 07, 2016
nonsobaba:
Another senseless thread from a Wawa clown. As far as I am concerned, Anambra and Imo are the real Igbos. Others are just there to enlarge our coast.

Okwu gi a ajoka. Echeghim na i wu ony'igbo. O ri ka i na cho uka.

3 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Develpeast: 12:56am On Oct 07, 2016
FKO81:

You guys should stop living false life, take your time and read this

http://leadership.ng/blogposts/509791/needless-war-house-oduduwa

Needless War In The House Of Oduduwa

[b]Are Binis of today’s Edo of the Yoruba stock and what is the status of the Ijebu people in the Yoruba cosmogony?

These two-in-one questions posed will continue to dog Yoruba history. Despite the works of great historians like Samuel Johnson, Ade Ajayi, Espie, Ayanleye and the rest, the questions remain open-ended.

The recent hot exchanges between the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona and the Alake of Egbalnd, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, were avoidable and expand the hiatus among the Yoruba people and their neighbours.

The ranking of five foremost Yoruba Obas by Alake was the agent provocateur this time. Picking holes in the ranking, the Awujale faulted the 1903 gazette cited by the Alake on the categorisation of Obas. Not being a son of Oduduwa, it would have been better to just steer clear of colonial creations, which were done by the rule of thumb during that period.

But, instead, Kabiyesi reached out to Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, a self-confessed Bini man for validation. Oba Akiolu supported the Awujale. Since the two are not of Yoruba ancestry, it remained to be seen how ego would not take the place of logic.

Binis never considered themselves as of Yoruba stock. The house of Oduduwa considers it fallacious. With the Benin Kingdom countering that no Yoruba Oba was higher than the Oba of Benin, the political history of Yoruba got more suffused in mysticism rather than empiricism.

The Ijebus too, claimed to be superior to other Yorubas because, according to them, it was the fifth Awujale (king of Ijebu-Ode) that cured Oduduwa (the progenitors of the Yoruba race) of blindness. For them, if the father of all Yorubas was a beneficiary of their fifth ruler, it then meant that they had existed before the foundation of the Yoruba race or at least, before they got to Nigeria.

The first Awujale was said to have come from a place called Waddai, somewhere in present day Sudan. The people are different from their immediate neighbours in Ijebuland. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the late political sage and a Remo man, sealed this a long time ago. Historically, people from that axis of Ijebu are from Iremo quarters in Ile-Ife and migrated to where they settled now near the Ijebu people. Hence they are called Ijebu-Remo. Most Ijebu towns towards Ondo and in Lagos States also claim their ancestry to Ile-Ife.

The myths and conundrum of these assertions may take eternity to decipher and made a mince meat of the royal diplomacy of 41-year-old Ooni Ogunwusi couched in oneness of the Yorubarace. His several visitations to those considered rivals to his predecessor, Oba Okunade Sijuwade may be a pipedream with the current verbal warfare.

Ooni, the Arole Oodua had gone to Alaafin of Oyo and Awujale in search of unity. Only last weekend, he took a wife from Benin kingdom, to underscore his quest to end the war of attrition tearing apart the house of Oduduwa as we know it.

Perhaps our royal fathers should be reminded that democracy has demystified claims embedded in orality and whittled down the influence of royal fathers who today exist at the mercy of council chairmen and state governments who decide who and when to enthrone chief/Oba/Emir or depose. These discretions are embedded in law and not the native authority that have no force of enforcement under our present constitutional arrangements.

For most radically minded people, it was a needless argy-baggy for an endangered institution to fan the embers of disunity and expose itself to a predatory system that doesn’t discriminate between a slave and free-born.

Definitely, they have different motives. Some of them are doing it out of patriotism and love of their immediate source of origins; just wanting to project pride in their own roots. Some are doing this out of mischief.

It is clear the professorial chair endowed by Oba Adetona will see democracy as more relevant for scholarship than studies in traditional monarchy.[/b]

It is better you ignore the thread than bring other people into your argument. After mentioning southwest, you will add hausas too.

n wanna biko nwere nwanyo

5 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Develpeast: 1:00am On Oct 07, 2016
nonsobaba:

I just need to see you. seriously, I will slap you and if you have strength, let's see who will win in combat.

1 Like

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:16am On Oct 07, 2016
chiamaka21:
keep quite joor. is the OP not saying the truth.
its only in the. Skull of a yoruba muslim that igbos are divided pls if we are to talk of division, have you noticed that ekiti and ondo yoruba see themselves as superior than osun ogun and oyo these people are soo divided their language isn't similar @ all
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by ikechu1: 2:18am On Oct 07, 2016
FKO81:

You guys should stop living false life, take your time and read this

http://leadership.ng/blogposts/509791/needless-war-house-oduduwa

Needless War In The House Of Oduduwa

[b]Are Binis of today’s Edo of the Yoruba stock and what is the status of the Ijebu people in the Yoruba cosmogony?

These two-in-one questions posed will continue to dog Yoruba history. Despite the works of great historians like Samuel Johnson, Ade Ajayi, Espie, Ayanleye and the rest, the questions remain open-ended.

The recent hot exchanges between the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona and the Alake of Egbalnd, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, were avoidable and expand the hiatus among the Yoruba people and their neighbours.

The ranking of five foremost Yoruba Obas by Alake was the agent provocateur this time. Picking holes in the ranking, the Awujale faulted the 1903 gazette cited by the Alake on the categorisation of Obas. Not being a son of Oduduwa, it would have been better to just steer clear of colonial creations, which were done by the rule of thumb during that period.

But, instead, Kabiyesi reached out to Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, a self-confessed Bini man for validation. Oba Akiolu supported the Awujale. Since the two are not of Yoruba ancestry, it remained to be seen how ego would not take the place of logic.

Binis never considered themselves as of Yoruba stock. The house of Oduduwa considers it fallacious. With the Benin Kingdom countering that no Yoruba Oba was higher than the Oba of Benin, the political history of Yoruba got more suffused in mysticism rather than empiricism.

The Ijebus too, claimed to be superior to other Yorubas because, according to them, it was the fifth Awujale (king of Ijebu-Ode) that cured Oduduwa (the progenitors of the Yoruba race) of blindness. For them, if the father of all Yorubas was a beneficiary of their fifth ruler, it then meant that they had existed before the foundation of the Yoruba race or at least, before they got to Nigeria.

The first Awujale was said to have come from a place called Waddai, somewhere in present day Sudan. The people are different from their immediate neighbours in Ijebuland. Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the late political sage and a Remo man, sealed this a long time ago. Historically, people from that axis of Ijebu are from Iremo quarters in Ile-Ife and migrated to where they settled now near the Ijebu people. Hence they are called Ijebu-Remo. Most Ijebu towns towards Ondo and in Lagos States also claim their ancestry to Ile-Ife.

The myths and conundrum of these assertions may take eternity to decipher and made a mince meat of the royal diplomacy of 41-year-old Ooni Ogunwusi couched in oneness of the Yorubarace. His several visitations to those considered rivals to his predecessor, Oba Okunade Sijuwade may be a pipedream with the current verbal warfare.

Ooni, the Arole Oodua had gone to Alaafin of Oyo and Awujale in search of unity. Only last weekend, he took a wife from Benin kingdom, to underscore his quest to end the war of attrition tearing apart the house of Oduduwa as we know it.

Perhaps our royal fathers should be reminded that democracy has demystified claims embedded in orality and whittled down the influence of royal fathers who today exist at the mercy of council chairmen and state governments who decide who and when to enthrone chief/Oba/Emir or depose. These discretions are embedded in law and not the native authority that have no force of enforcement under our present constitutional arrangements.

For most radically minded people, it was a needless argy-baggy for an endangered institution to fan the embers of disunity and expose itself to a predatory system that doesn’t discriminate between a slave and free-born.

Definitely, they have different motives. Some of them are doing it out of patriotism and love of their immediate source of origins; just wanting to project pride in their own roots. Some are doing this out of mischief.

It is clear the professorial chair endowed by Oba Adetona will see democracy as more relevant for scholarship than studies in traditional monarchy.[/b]

I'm quoting this for reference. Thank you!!!
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by tit(f): 2:26am On Oct 07, 2016
nonsobaba:

afonjo spotted

3 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Oblang(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2016
NIGHTMARE007:

Can u hear urself?.
U have given it a name call it normal conflict in the interpretation of history... hahahah see hypocrisy.

Abeg joor! I hav this yoruba friend named kayode hez from ijebu
And when ever he wana make a reference to yoruba pple he'll use ijebu ...and ull hear him always using a line like "u kno ijebus are d real yoruba"... ill just say to myself so yorubas do this too but thell say igbos are not united.

Your friend saying that doesn't mean he cannot marry an ondo girl if he so wish. No one will start telling stories how Ijebu are the real Yoruba when that happens. Him saying that is jst normal individual ego we all have abt our origin. Jst like a Nigerian will say Nigeria is the giant of Africa.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by oboy3(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2016
did i read the o.p Well?

which one bê anambra People caused ikwerre People to deny igbo, wetin consign anambra People and ikwerre?

i have had enough internet for the Day, am going to sleep again
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by babyfaceafrica: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2016
BIGOTS EVERWHERE

1 Like

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2016
TheEastActivist:
All I can say is that I can see afonjas disguising themselves as Igbos just to spite them.

Op if you are truly an Igbo man like you want us to believe you won't dare introduce yourself as less Igbo.
Bro, what the OP said is true... the Ikwerres were heavily marginalized pre-independence by the upland Igbos.....thus the move for a separate ethnic group... My in-laws attested to that.
We Igbos need to quit the discrimination base on State boundaries; we need to unite, and one way we can show love to our brothers across the Niger is through overwhelming support for Anioma State.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Combating Insecurity In The Country: Lest We Forget – Presidency / Ekiti To Rehabilitate 1000km Rural Roads, Renovate All Public Schools / Tension: Nnamdi Kanu Seen In Military Parade With ESN Members (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.