Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided (7104 Views)

What Did Igbos Contribute To APC To Warrant Igbo Presidency In 2023? / Andy Uba Boasts He Would Win Governorship Elections...anambrans React! (pics) / Peter Obi, Anambrans And The Politics Of Hate! (lengthy But Worth Reading) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by achi4u(m): 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2016
nonsobaba:
Another senseless thread from a Wawa clown. As far as I am concerned, Anambra and Imo are the real Igbos. Others are just there to enlarge our coast.
You're the senseless one here, when another civil war start don't cry for help from ur wawa Neighbors... Stick to ur original Igbos and Taiwan Igbos alone.
* Not minding who the Op or where he/she comes from, all he wrote is 60% correct and it's always started with the original Igbos towards their ordinary Igbos (ndi wawa)
As an Ebonyi person, I have witnessed so many humiliation, segregation and neglect from my supposed original Igbos brothers and sisters even in my own home town.
The Ebonyi state you scorn today will never remain the same till eternity... Things are fast changing and our Nigerian brothers (with the knowledge of this discussion and their likes) knows where to face their bombs and other weapons.
Pray tell, let there be peace among Igbos. You may have it well going for you today but remember tomorrow is heavily pregnant.
Remember, Ebonyi state was once in Anambra and Enugu state combined.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Udmaster(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
achi4u:
You're the senseless one here, when another civil war start don't cry for help from ur wawa Neighbors... Stick to ur original Igbos and Taiwan Igbos alone.
* Not minding who the Op or where he/she comes from, all he wrote is 60% correct and it's always started with the original Igbos towards their ordinary Igbos (ndi wawa)
As an Ebonyi person, I have witnessed so many humiliation, segregation and neglect from my supposed original Igbos brothers and sisters even in my own home town.
The Ebonyi state you scorn today will never remain the same till eternity... Things are fast changing and our Nigerian brothers (with the knowledge of this discussion and their likes) knows where to face their bombs and other weapons.
Pray tell, let there be peace among Igbos. You may have it well going for you today but remember tomorrow is heavily pregnant.
nwanne. Dnt mind the mugu.
Anambra people need to adjust their attitude toward other Igbos.
Abians and Enugu see Ebonyi as brotherz. Ogbonnaya onu ebonyi man was once Abia governor.

3 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by achi4u(m): 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2016
Udmaster:
Abians and Enugu see Ebonyi as brotherz. Ogbonnaya onu ebonyi man was once Abia governor.
Thank you my brother. Even if it is about dialect, Ayamulum dialect in Anambra state is not better than Ebonyi own but they'll be blind to see that one.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by TheArchangel(f): 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
jopretty:
And where did I mention in my comment that I want the elders to come to the city? Brideprice should be paid in the village, afterwards, you do the celebration where you want. Besides, once a man pays the brideprice, the woman becomes his whether you do traditional wedding or not, it isn't nobody's biz.
he he, Na wa ooo. Which kain tradition be dat abeg? I don't blame the girl for calling bullsh!t on your plans cos it doesn't make any cultural and traditional sense at all.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by somegirl1: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
Udmaster:
Imo doesn't?

2 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2016
Well, no concrete argument so far

Anambrans should adjust the way they view their brothers before things get out of hand.
Igbos are meant to be united and not disintegrate

Down within Ikwerres and Aniomas, they know they are pure Igbos, but can't stand being referred to as less Igbos. Same thing with Ebonyians who may be diverting soon if things aren't corrected as soon as possible.

Even the so called Ebonyi came from Abia (southern part of Ebonyi) and Enugu (the northern part), and both states were formerly Anambra and Imo states.

Nnamdi Kanu is gaining support and attention from from the so called less Igbos because he is not an Anambran.

We know our root. Obigbo, Etche, Ngokpoala, Orlu people etc. have same ancestral root traced to Arochukwu.

It's only among the Igbos that you see where a mere created state determines one's tribe. Lol... Very laughable

3 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by somegirl1: 6:07pm On Oct 07, 2016
FKO81:

Ewu Osun, you just created this moniker few hours ago, seriously Anambra is really giving you nightmares grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

There is some truth in the OP's post. It doesn't have to come from yorubas.
I have observed and mentioned this issue more than once.
Whenever there is conflict between/ among any Igbo groups, a certain group in always involved.
I personally have never come across any thread where Igbos from Imo, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi, Rivers or Delta were denigrating each other.
We celebrate our achievements collectively but you are quick to claim yours alone and disparage those of others.
A dancer can't see his back so if this has been confirmed by multiple sources, maybe there is some truth in it.

6 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
Habakus:

What truth is he saying?
So there's no other way to address the issue other than coming to a public forum to disparage the people he calls his brothers?
What happened to town hall meetings?
What happened to Ndiigbo gatherings?
So in your family,if you have an issue with either your brother or your sister,you'll pick megaphone and start announcing it everywhere for people to know? Is that how you do?
How many times have you seen a northerner or other ethnic groups come on a public forum and start castigating his brother? Or do you think they don't have their own challenges?
You guys ought to be wise... Use your head!

Apart from that, the person you replied is an Afonja using an igbo monicker
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by jopretty(f): 7:22pm On Oct 07, 2016
I can understand if you say you've never seen or attended igbo traditional weddings in cities where the couple are based. Here in kd, it happens frequently. I'm even coming back from one sef.
TheArchangel:
he he, Na wa ooo. Which kain tradition be dat abeg? I don't blame the girl for calling bullsh!t on your plans cos it doesn't make any cultural and traditional sense at all.

2 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by attacker231: 7:48pm On Oct 07, 2016
achi4u:

1 Like

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Anambra1stSon(m): 8:53pm On Oct 07, 2016
achi4u:
I wonder why some of you are not smart to see our enemy the guy you quoted is fake Igbo name nonsobaba, kindly go through his profiles he is trying his best to divide Igbos online

2 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by CSTR2: 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2016
post=50008316:

I wonder why some of you are not smart to see our enemy the guy you quoted is fake Igbo name nonsobaba, kindly go through his profiles he is trying his best to divide Igbos online
Igbos on nairaland are naïve .

3 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
CSTR2:
so many dull people
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Igboid: 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2016
So ndiigbo later fell for this Yoruba OP trap. Nawao! Ikegwulu.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by gbomojomo(m): 9:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
nonsobaba:
Another senseless thread from a Wawa clown. As far as I am concerned, Anambra and Imo are the real Igbos. Others are just there to enlarge our coast.

KEDU IHE NDI WAWA MERE GI? INFACT UR THE ONLY IGBO PERSON ALIVE. NOW ARE U HAPPY?

1 Like

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by omofunaab(m): 9:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
Despite the fact that the op replied most of them in igbo, they still went ahead to blame yorubas and called him yoruba.

Now I get it, anybody that tells the anambra igbos the truth is definitely a Yoruba man.

See we don't need to pretend we see your comments everyday here.

Few weeks ago, someone said he doesn't understand what was wrong with igbos in afikpo in ebonyi state because some of them converted to Muslim. He doubted their igboness, someone even said most igbos selling pure water on the streets of Lagos are from ebonyi state.

But i can guess all these are coming from the anambra folks

You guys should take a cue from the yorubas you despise so much despite the fact that yorubas fought many wars among themselves. The ijebus versus owu etc. But there has never been any case of any of them opening a thread here to abuse his fellow brother or to call yorubas in kwara state as less yorubas.
Anytime I see a thread of someone from anambra showing us pictures of bad roads in imo, abia etc i feel so sad for the so called unity in igbo land

6 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by omoyowa: 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
chiamaka21:
u are the reason they call us flat head. we Igbo should always learn how to say the truth.

disguising afonja spotted
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by 4tune490(m): 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
Are you really Igbo? If you are then you should be ashamed of your statement.
Spat on your comment
nonsobaba:

1 Like

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by DaniDani(m): 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2016
Actually, I don't think any clan or sub tribe in Igbo is belittled, hated, despised, demonized, disparaged like we the Ngwans. If there's anything like choosing change of tribe, I will choose any tribe in Nigeria outside igbo, Hausa-fulani. Many a times have I almost shed tears and wished I am not from alaigbo. Truely, how the igbos perceives we Ngwans and the exceeding hatreds makes me think the way of Hitler. Worst is that in aba, ancestral home of Ngwans, the non Ngwa igbos are doing fine but yet discriminates the Ngwans to a disgusting height. I once read in this site "fear ngwa people" people, an article written by a supposed igbo brother. I almost fought a church member last week on our way to traditional marriage over his superior argument over Ngwans. This is one reason that makes me keep mum over biafra struggle. I rather accept one worthless Nigeria than being a biafran where I will be seen as a less human being because I am an Ngwan

6 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by oboy3(m): 11:59pm On Oct 07, 2016
DaniDani:
Actually, I don't think any clan or sub tribe in Igbo is belittled, hated, despised, demonized, disparaged like we the Ngwans. If there's anything like choosing change of tribe, I will choose any tribe in Nigeria outside igbo, Hausa-fulani. Many a times have I almost shed tears and wished I am not from alaigbo. Truely, how the igbos perceives we Ngwans and the exceeding hatreds makes me think the way of Hitler. Worst is that in aba, ancestral home of Ngwans, the non Ngwa igbos are doing fine but yet discriminates the Ngwans to a disgusting height. I once read in this site "fear ngwa people" people, an article written by a supposed igbo brother. I almost fought a church member last week on our way to traditional marriage over his superior argument over Ngwans. This is one reason that makes me keep mum over biafra struggle. I rather accept one worthless Nigeria than being a biafran where I will be seen as a less human being because I am an Ngwan
you cant even spell the "Ngwa" you claim you are from

2 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by PreciousBro: 2:00am On Oct 08, 2016
A matter this sensitive whether true or ruse should not be discussed in the open. Igbos on nairaland and to a vast extent outside,have really disappointed me.

Dont be fooled by people's handles,monikers or names. They can call themselves whatever,but their posts are the true reflection of their hearts/minds. Personally,i dont believe these two particular guys who are infamous and notoriously known for their igbo-slanderousness and causing havoc between these two giant igbo states, are igbos.

I have observed stupidity and carelessness from these guys and the day that one with a moniker with first letter alphabet "C" who has a constant need to sow a seed of discord amongst us crosses my path. I will personally hack him and find him.

However this thread should be closed. Nonsense!! its dispicably embarrassing as no sane individual from igbo stock should feel less igbo or be made inferior by self or by any person. The idea is stupid and lacks logic. Your igboness should reflect on the quality of your achievements in any and everything that advances you as an individual in life. Your unquenchable hunger and quest or pursuit for education,wealth and identifying with your indigenousness hence language and culture/tradition and the values of virtues in cleanliness spiritually and physically are what makes you igbo.

No body has made me appear less igbo except i choose to be less out of my own inferiority complex. Just because i am more western than you doesn't make me less igbo when i identify with my root,having more exposure to life,enlightened and more educated,probably richer than you or just more comfortable and you feel just because you sound more igbotic with an accent then you are the true-root.? grin

I'll be chewing my pepper-fruit on one side of my mouth and puffing smoke to your face from my briar on the other side with my lowly tilted red hat pointing my swagger stick at your miserable demented self to leave my presence before i send amadioha delegates to pay you a visit, if you cough shît,how about that ?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 08, 2016
U said it all
No body has made me appear less igbo except i choose to be less out of my own inferiority complex. Just because i am more western than you doesn't make me less igbo when i identify with my root,having more exposure to life,enlightened and more educated,probably richer than you or just more comfortable and you feel just because you sound more igbotic with an accent then you are the true-root.? grin

I DONT LIKE COMMENTING ON THIS KIND OF TREAD COS It NEVER end with a CONCLUSION AND MOST OF THE POSTERS ARE ANTI-IGBO BUT IF U ASK ME. AS AN ANMABARA MAN THE ONLY REASON I WILL LOOk DOWN ON ANY IGBO MAN IS WHEN U DONT TAKE IGBO MATTERS SERIOUS OR TRY TO DENY YOUR IGBO ROOT OR TRY TO ALIGHN WITH NON IGBOS AGAINT IGBOS.

With that said and done, Every igbo lives matter but you have to prove it.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:57am On Oct 08, 2016
4tune490:
Are you really Igbo? If you are then you should be ashamed of your statement.
Spat on your comment
The guy is from southwest, go through his profile and see his deceitful posts, some of them are using Igbo names trying to divide us online, Kindly view one of his posts

All these useless back and forth just because some greedy igbos are trying to steal Rivers state land and oil. They cannot properly manage the 5 states they already have, they want to grab another man own. Go to south east, everywhere look odd with red sand, dust, no water and bad roads every corner u turn, yet they are still looking for where to add to their list of failures . Which kain long throat be dis? SMH

1 Like

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by ManMountain(m): 7:00am On Oct 08, 2016
CSTR2:

It's actually the true reflection of Igbos generally and not just on NL.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by ManMountain(m): 7:08am On Oct 08, 2016
omofunaab:
Despite the fact that the op replied most of them in igbo, they still went ahead to blame yorubas and called him yoruba.

Now I get it, anybody that tells the anambra igbos the truth is definitely a Yoruba man.

See we don't need to pretend we see your comments everyday here.

Few weeks ago, someone said he doesn't understand what was wrong with igbos in afikpo in ebonyi state because some of them converted to Muslim. He doubted their igboness, someone even said most igbos selling pure water on the streets of Lagos are from ebonyi state.

But i can guess all these are coming from the anambra folks

You guys should take a cue from the yorubas you despise so much despite the fact that yorubas fought many wars among themselves. The ijebus versus owu etc. But there has never been any case of any of them opening a thread here to abuse his fellow brother or to call yorubas in kwara state as less yorubas.
Anytime I see a thread of someone from anambra showing us pictures of bad roads in imo, abia etc i feel so sad for the so called unity in igbo land

Why are you appealing to these morons? Let them keep entertaining us with their utter stupidityy. grin
I always enjoy it anytime they start this their show of shame

3 Likes

Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by 4tune490(m): 8:26am On Oct 08, 2016
He is confuse n jobless. Bt someone need to inform him that Igbos can't be divided not even with silly cheap online propaganda.

post=50014994:

The guy is from southwest, go through his profile and see his deceitful posts, some of them are using Igbo names trying to divide us online, Kindly view one of his posts

All these useless back and forth just because some greedy igbos are trying to steal Rivers state land and oil. They cannot properly manage the 5 states they already have, they want to grab another man own. Go to south east, everywhere look odd with red sand, dust, no water and bad roads every corner u turn, yet they are still looking for where to add to their list of failures . Which kain long throat be dis? SMH
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by achi4u(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2016
post=50008316:

yeah! I knew some of us here are imposter but again what we're discussing here are nothing but a biter truth.
Those who are discriminating against their fellow brothers should desist.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by achi4u(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2016
somegirl1:

Imo doesn't?
Nne say what you know, Imo state people are not left out, I'm staying with two Imo citizens here in Abakaliki and I what we Ebonyians are passing through.
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Yyeske(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2016
Kids everywhere
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Abagworo(m): 10:09am On Oct 08, 2016
Good morning
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Doug07034780891(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2016
Cursed frustrated b.astard you have arrived. I know you have seen your thread but I will be here for you..

[s]
Abagworo:
Good morning
[/s]
Re: Some Anambrans Contribute To Why Igbos Are Divided by Doug07034780891(m): 10:14am On Oct 08, 2016
Ifeanyi, nobody is discriminating against you nor your people..be wise!

achi4u:
yeah! I knew some of us here are imposter but again what we're discussing here are nothing but a biter truth.
Those who are discriminating against their fellow brothers should desist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahim Danjuma, The Policeman Who Ordered The Shooting Of 6 Igbo Traders In APO / PDP Wasted 16 Years Of Governance — Senator Olamilekan Adeola / The Consequences Of State Creation On Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.