Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List (18646 Views)

What Is The Full Meaning Of EFCC? See Hilarious Answers / Budget Padding: Jibrin Disowned By 10 Principal Officers / Budget Padding: Jibrin Releases Documents, Implicates More Rep Members [see Full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by PMBNG(m): 4:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, Dogara, Lasun, Ogar, Others Make List

ABDULMUMIN Jibrin, the suspended lawmaker had last week gave his colleagues in the House of Representatives three days to return all questionable allowances they paid themselves.

Mr. Jibrin accused his colleagues of raking in millions in illegal allowances, and after he indicted himself as having received N650 million illegally.

To return their loot, Mr. Jibrin advised his colleagues to individually approach the appropriate authority and make arrangement on how to pay everything back into the federal purse.

Mr. Jibrin said any lawmaker who fails to heed his call should be prepared for the backlash that would follow when he publishes details of how such official perpetrated the fraud.

Mr. Jibrin’s statement came a day after he was suspended by the House for 180 legislative days —approximately a full calendar year as the House sits three times a week— after being found guilty of violating House ethics and lawmakers’ privileges.

“I have written to the Clerk of the National Assembly to stand by in anticipation."

“In the face of the revenue challenges and biting hardship the country is currently facing, there is no better time the country needs such money than now,” he said in a statement last week.

Mr. Jibrin said he resolved to take this action after receiving numerous enquiries from different corners on the need for him to back his allegations against the House leadership and other lawmakers with evidence.

“I have come under intense public scrutiny and pressure to prove that there exists systemic corruption in the House,” Mr. Jibrin said.

Mr. Jibrin said he was specifically demanding the return of a N10 million illegal allowances his colleagues allocated to themselves while the poor were struggling to make ends meet.

Hon. Jibrin via his Twitter handle yesterday said,  "as I promised and gave a 72-hours ultimatum to the Principal Officers and one week to other members, I have forwarded to the Anti-graft agencies first batch of 50 members of the House that are involved in running cost allowances fraud."

He said for the Job to be easier for the EFCC, he will be releasing the names in batches - of 50 members each - until the list is exhausted.

The first batch includes Speaker Dogara, Deputy Lasun, Whip Alhassan Doguwa, Minority Leader Leo Ogor, Hon Herma Hembe, Hon Jagaba Adams Hon Timothy Golu, Hon Yunusa Abubakar, Hon Mukaila O Kazzim, Hon Lynda Ikpeazu, Hon Abdulrazak Namdas, Hon Osai Nicolas among others

He said after the EFCC might have concluded their investigation the world will know whether he lied or told the truth on systemic corruption in the House of Representatives.

As an insider, he urged Nigerians to be vigilant, adding that he knows how the House usually respond to issues.

“As you have started noticing, many investigative hearings and ad hoc committees are springing up like mushrooms.

“The investigative hearings are intended to blackmail the executive arm and coax them not to act on the allegations and the ad hoc committees are used to settle aggrieved members as it provides avenues to collect bribes.

“You will also see irrational grandstanding over approval of MTEF/FSP and the budget or correspondence from the President," he said.

Revealing further, Jibrin alleged that "these are legislative antics employed by the House to use the institution of the House to shield corrupt members.

“This is exactly what Speaker Yakubu Dogara and his corrupt cabal are executing presently in the House.

“The EFCC and the Police has severally been victims of this kind of tactics by the House in the past to frustrate corruption investigation

“Nigerians and the Executive arm of Govt must stand up against any blackmail from the House of Reps as they are all antics to evade justice.

"The Senate and the Executive arm of government can rely on doctrine of necessity to bypass the House in the face of such grievous allegations which has been described as the biggest corruption scandal in the history of the parliaments in Africa and the world.

"Finally, I wish to call on the Federal Govt to make me face the harshest penalty prescribed by our laws if my allegations are found to be false."

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/10/budget-padding-jibrin-forwards-names-of-first-50-reps-to-efcc-dogara-lasun-ogar-others-make-list/

7 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by HungerBAD: 4:12am On Oct 07, 2016
I don't believe him.

While I do believe,that those on the list are not saints,something tells me this list is that of a drowning man,looking for who to take down too.

Jibrin got caught with his hands inside the cookie jar. If he had made the list of corrupt officials public,before he was disgraced out of his position,we would have taken him serious.

He lacks the credibility to name names.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by lukman885(m): 4:16am On Oct 07, 2016
Also following... wuru wuru pplz
Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by samuelchimmy(m): 4:17am On Oct 07, 2016
Somehow, this man's hard work would go invain..............

its

CrazyNaijaDude

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Nossa(m): 4:35am On Oct 07, 2016
The already deaf Bubu is certain to turn a blind eye to this revelation, pighting kwaraption my foot.

8 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by omonla10(m): 5:18am On Oct 07, 2016
This guy should just spearhead the "changebeginswithme" movement.. I hereby warn reps to brace themselves. This guy won't stop until his voice is heard and acted upon.. I always look forward to hearing from him. Cos for now, he's the only one we can trust.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by saintkel(m): 5:30am On Oct 07, 2016
If only dis man will get d backing of Buhari, d man fighting corruption, but I see dis swept under d rug like old times

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by submit: 5:56am On Oct 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
I don't believe him.

We know you won't. Mehn you don't sleep. You no even suppose sleep sef wv wetin dem oga do u yesterday.

Little wonder you ignored the other thread

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Osmondinho(m): 5:58am On Oct 07, 2016
The forwarded name should be made public so that we know who is killing us in this country.

I hate all this nonsense

9 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by douchesnozzle(m): 6:03am On Oct 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
I don't believe him.

While I do believe,that those on the list are not saints,something tells me this list is that of a drowning man,looking for who to take down too.

Jibrin got caught with his hands inside the cookie jar. If he had made the list of corrupt officials public,before he was disgraced out of his position,we would have taken him serious.

Bros this ur job hard die.. 4am?? Don't u sleep.

25 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by TPAND(f): 6:15am On Oct 07, 2016
Jibrin should learn how to fight strategically. If I were him, I would keep quiet now, go back to the house, expose any fraudulent dealings and shame those who plotted my downfall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Mrphilia: 6:22am On Oct 07, 2016
jibrin and the 50 thieves are all bunch of legislathieves

4 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by emmasege: 6:25am On Oct 07, 2016
What's surprising to me in Jibrin's approach to this saga is his thinking that NASS (particularly Dogara) is corrupt while his almajiri uncle (Buhari) with his team of incompetent, corrupt ministers are being projected as corruption haters.

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:25am On Oct 07, 2016
.........and let the drama begin!! grin

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by ificatchmodeh: 6:26am On Oct 07, 2016
My friend..if am you,i will realign with the forces dealing with you..nigeria politicians don't know what is integrity..forget bubu's story..

But you sef..
You wrote a petition dem suspend you..
You wan see bubu...dem block you...
Bubu sef read for paper say dem block your audience with him..he know send you.
Why you know Kuku leave this matter..am not encouraging corruption o..but this one don pass you.as a politician use your head..na nigeria you dey..no be British parliament.

You dey carry list upandan..who the list epp or think say your noise go bring you back..na only president fit threaten naija politicians..
Abi dem neva tell you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Abeymills(m): 6:30am On Oct 07, 2016
My gud pipu can now c how useles n fantastically corrupt dis govt can is?

2 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by President99: 6:31am On Oct 07, 2016
This Abdulmumin is jst another loose cannon!
This guy was the appropriation chairman, the
buck of budget ends on his table, morever this
same guy was on channel tv defending every
part of the budget he was questioned about and
went ahead on thesame program disparaging
executives that they can only present estimates
and NASS presents the budget. If he had not
lost out, he would have been there telling every
ear that listens that the budget was not
padded. Jibrin should stop disturbing our peace
pls. U thought this is Kano house of assembly abi?
What stops ur lawyer from suing Dogara for contempt again?
U think every Nigerian is suffering from Amnesia? Why did Jibrin committee approve all Dogara's paddings n never complaint untill they used n dumped U. Thesame committee had a combined seating with senate's committee on appropriation, and yet again u defended and approved Dogara's padding! Which of your stories should we believe?

4 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by princemillla(m): 6:31am On Oct 07, 2016
It's crystal clear no one is fighting corruption, all na payback, witch hunting. Buhari has made me understand that people from the north are for the north. He won't back jubrin claim.
House of rep should be scrap honestly.

4 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Beadex1(m): 6:32am On Oct 07, 2016
lol..... jubrin who told you that EFCC is functional, Nigeria is screwed at the moment and that your fifty names will only be a waste unless they are all pdp members

4 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by emerged01(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2016
This guy is wasting his God-given time. We have been duped. Buhari is not fighting any corruption.

6 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Iscoalarcon: 6:35am On Oct 07, 2016
As long as the case will be handled by Corrupt naija Officials sad angry Nothing will happen to them hit like if you also think so

3 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by newguy1(m): 6:35am On Oct 07, 2016
Jubrin u better b careful making enemies up n down is not good for u or ur family when u don't have real support like dat of d president, no offence what u r trying to achieve is good but Nigerian r hypocrat.e they will not see. U as a matyr rather a beatin man trying 2 pull more people dowwn with him
Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Tunami(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
I don't believe him.

oga, forget about the messenger and follow the message. Thats what's important right now and not who is righteous than the other.

10 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by salabscholar01(m): 6:41am On Oct 07, 2016
this country shouldn't have had any problems if only we could avoid adding "NS" to the front of this word, "NIGERIA"
Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by President99: 6:48am On Oct 07, 2016
princemillla:
It's crystal clear no one is fighting corruption, all na payback, witch hunting. Buhari has made me understand that people from the north are for the north. He won't back jubrin claim.
House of rep should be scrap honestly.
Thank God, atleast u r not accusing PMB of being an islamist now, bcoz Dogara is a christian from core north.

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by sammyj: 6:53am On Oct 07, 2016
Good. This is the story of Dogora sorry Alibaba and the 50 thieves !!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by hrykanu231(m): 6:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Has he returned his own share of the money? He should lead by example
Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by President99: 6:58am On Oct 07, 2016
newguy1:
Jubrin u better b careful making enemies up n down is not good for u or ur family when u don't have real support like dat of d president, no offence what u r trying to achieve is good but Nigerian r hypocrat.e they will not see. U as a matyr rather a beatin man trying 2 pull more people dowwn with him
Who is a hypocrite here? Jibrin is the No 1 hypocrite in this dispensation, wasn't Jibrin d one telling us live on channels TV that the budget was never padded, after it was passed at the NASS, same Jibrin is now singing a diff a song. Why didnt he release the list before they disgraced him? This is what I called STENCH HYPOCRISY! We should be following Jibrin's caprices n whim abi? Allah ya kara!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by President99: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2016
hrykanu231:
Has he returned his own share of the money? He should lead by example
Thank you for that
Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 07, 2016
#ChangeBeginsWithMe

7 Likes

Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 07, 2016
But where is Mynd44 sef?
Day don break oh
Re: Budget Padding: Jibrin Forwards Names Of First 50 Reps To EFCC, See List by President99: 7:15am On Oct 07, 2016
Iscoalarcon:
As long as the case will be handled by Corrupt naija Officials sad angry Nothing will happen to them hit like if you also think so
Is Jibrin not more corrupt than even most of the rep members he listed? Ain't Jibrin ashamed of himself? aba! Could u believe Jibrin padded his constituency project with over #4Billion and was shamelessly telling people that care to listen that his deputy in appropriation committee padded the budget by less than #200m?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘n130b Loot’: Govt May Release More Evidence Against Jonathan / Arewa Youth Forum Says EFCC Won't Probe Tinubu Because He Is In APC / President Buhari, Saraki In Closed-door Meeting At The Villa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.