Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities (27718 Views)

How Federal Universities Are Covering Up Corruption And Sexual Harassment-SERAP / FG Approves Six New Private Universities (names) / 10 Reasons Why Federal Universities Are No Match To Covenant University (PROOFS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by mrjinkins: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2016
really
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by JoBabs(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2016
veekid:
Yeye

You are incredible...
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by afanide: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2016
Interesting......
Many people don't know about this.
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by francis247(m): 9:45am On Oct 10, 2016
d4guy:

Step outside the border of this country, and no one recognises your certificates
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 10, 2016
Have you blame Buhari today? if NO, den u are wrong!!!
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Okuda(m): 9:56am On Oct 10, 2016
d4guy:

Step outside the border of this country, and no one recognises your certificates

It would even be more recognized outside the country than inside it. Take my word to the bank
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by InvertedHammer: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2016
d4guy:

/
Outside Nigeria they are all the same. They want to make sure the school is accredited. The certificates you get in all of them are equally useless until you can prove otherwise through a standardized test. The western world cannot differentiate between UniLag and Madonna University. As a matter of fact, they don't care. None of the schools is in the top 1000 universities in the world which renders them all useless ab initio.
\

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by COOL10(m): 10:09am On Oct 10, 2016
Kei144:
The general thinking is that all private universities are too expensive. The reality now seems to be that if we get down to really count the cost, some private universities are actually better in terms of both cost and quality. Lecturers in public universities are generally overlords, who do whatever they want with students. In private universities, lecturers are more humble, being limited by the university management.
Tssh pls dont say that oo. Lecturers r d same everywhere.
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Kei144(m): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Outside Nigeria they are all the same. They want to make sure the school is accredited. The certificates you get in all of them are equally useless until you can prove otherwise through a standardized test. The western world cannot differentiate between UniLag and Madonna University. As a matter of fact, they don't care. None of the schools is in the top 1000 universities in the world which renders them all useless ab initio.
\

This is the reality. Many have never stepped outside the shores of this country; so, thy don't know what it is like out there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by veekid(m): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2016
JoBabs:

Did u just make FP with this post?
Bros why you come black like this?
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by mrjojo: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2016
ednut1:
which one is paul university ehn. most employers only recognise AUN, Covenant, landmark, babcock nd bowen. even OOU dey my office me never see all dis strange unis
bros, this is 100% false, which employer exactly is this??
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by babyfaceafrica: 10:25am On Oct 10, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
\
I beg to differ a big..outside Nigeria,nigerians schools are not looked upon the same,especially if you are going to ivy schools.that said the major reason why most schools abroad won't care which of the universities you graduate from. Is because of money....Nigerians have money to spend and most schools abroad are looking for it..who cares if you come from daura university if you can pay 15million for school fees?
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by LoveJesus87(m): 10:27am On Oct 10, 2016
Cordis92:
The truth of the matter is that the student in UNIZIK might not have been honest with the mother. Have we forgotten how students pad these levies to get money from their parents? grin Who knows how much s/he demands for faculty, department and co levies. No matter what federal universities are way cheaper than those unknown private universities.
Lol. You must be very guilty of budget padding. Am sure ur own go worse pass NASS own grin grin grin na from experience una dey talk.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by LoveJesus87(m): 10:28am On Oct 10, 2016
Cordis92:
The truth of the matter is that the student in UNIZIK might not have been honest with the mother. Have we forgotten how students pad these levies to get money from their parents? grin Who knows how much s/he demands for faculty, department and co levies. No matter what federal universities are way cheaper than those unknown private universities.
Lol. You must be very guilty of budget padding. Am sure ur own go worse pass NASS own grin grin grin na from experience una dey talk.. U beta go and do restitution and return all d extra wey u add make God forgive u grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by jayblisz(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2016
ednut1:
talking from experience bro. i have no hatred for private unis. most employers only want those few private unis i have stated
. Plus Madonna idiot
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Blaizzze(m): 10:42am On Oct 10, 2016
Kei144:

Paul University is definitely cheaper than UNIZIK. Paul University is also way better than UNIZIK in terms of quality.; talk of cheating in exams, sorting, female students harrasment, etc. People should not be deceiving themselves with the idea of "known universities" or "unknown universities"; employers do not assess graduates based on how well-known or not their alma mater is, they rather interview the graduates and give them aptitude test. Universities (foreign and local) also do not admit candidates into their postgraduate schools based on where they graduated from, but from various assessments. The first set of Paul University graduates finished NYSC in 2015; already several of them are doing their Masters programmes in a number of federal universities. I know a Tansian University graduate who performed excellently in GRE and TOEFEL, and is now completing her masters programme in the USA. I also know UNIZIK graduates that couldn't gain admission in USA university due to GRE and TOEFEL.
I attend unizik and I'm paying 20,100 for the whole session. School hostel is 30000. There's no way you can compare a unizik student to a Paul University student. Federal school makes you exposed
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2016
It's a lie of d decade. no federal university in nigeria pays 50k sef. Haba!

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Heavance(m): 11:24am On Oct 10, 2016
I don't get.....
OAU, UniLag, Covenant, Babcock, OOU, AAU ekpoma, Oduduwa, Crescent, UI, Yabatech, Unizik, UniCal, ABU, UniMaid, TarabaUni.... all were recognized for nysc.... people who are ambassadors of the universities are gainfully employed so why the hate?

Few private are actually more affordable, it's just the straight 4/5 years that gives advantage, and no disturbance of cult activities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by simplex2: 11:54am On Oct 10, 2016
Kei144:

Paul University is definitely cheaper than UNIZIK. Paul University is also way better than UNIZIK in terms of quality.; talk of cheating in exams, sorting, female students harrasment, etc. People should not be deceiving themselves with the idea of "known universities" or "unknown universities"; employers do not assess graduates based on how well-known or not their alma mater is, they rather interview the graduates and give them aptitude test. Universities (foreign and local) also do not admit candidates into their postgraduate schools based on where they graduated from, but from various assessments. The first set of Paul University graduates finished NYSC in 2015; already several of them are doing their Masters programmes in a number of federal universities. I know a Tansian University graduate who performed excellently in GRE and TOEFEL, and is now completing her masters programme in the USA. I also know UNIZIK graduates that couldn't gain admission in USA university due to GRE and TOEFEL.

This is the worst lie I have ever heard in nairaland! No UNIZIK/UNN or any Federal Univ student pays more than 50k per year even with departmental levy, faculty dues, SUG (Which is included in the school fees) etc. ST Paul pays 300k! How is that cheaper? Stop deluding yourself; if you are in a private UNI, move along with your life, nobody say make you no pass JAMB.

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Aghagba(f): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
Seriously o,thank God ,this made front page,definitely they are cheaper and better private university than federal university. I got admitted this year into OOU but trust me with the way people insult the school got me wandering if I should venture to private or wait for Almighty UNILAG.
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Engineermbugame(m): 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2016
Blaizzze:
I attend unizik and I'm paying 20,100 for the whole session. School hostel is 30000. There's no way you can compare a unizik student to a Paul University student. Federal school makes you exposed
boss u mean 30k for hostel ?
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Slizbeat(m): 1:37pm On Oct 10, 2016
Mehn, who ever did this comparism should go back and learn more, sorry so say.

I attend Unilorin and my fee here is N25, 750, hostel is N28, 000, OffK rent is from 30,000-210,000 depending on your choice.

Take example, i spend 100,000 for Off-K rent and 26000 for school fee, dats less than 150,000 and again transportation fare is 100 daily whether economy hard or not, it doesn't change except during scarcity of fuel of which students revolt against any change. 21,000 is for transportation per session using 7 days of the week as school days. Now dats still less than 150,000. Yet plus feeding, i don't think spending will be up to 250,000.

Dats for Off-K.

Imagine being in school, guy, u wil send less than 150,000 for a session.

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by jenny53(f): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
if u ask me this write up is pointless. I think u are looking for somewhere to channel your confusion. The yardstick for this comparison is not credible. my advice for u is when ever you want to create such scene base ur argument on accurate fact and stop being bias. Moreover ur choice of discussion is not relevant because they are better things to talk about rather than this.

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by jenny53(f): 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2016
if u ask me this write up is pointless. I think u are looking for somewhere to channel your confusion. The yardstick for this comparison is not credible. My advice for u is whenever you want to create such scene base ur argument on accurate fact and stop being bias. Moreover ur choice of discussion is not relevant because they are better things to talk about rather than this.

2 Likes

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by TheVictorious(m): 2:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
My opinion is this:
There is no basis for this conclusion because the premise on which it was made is not statistically correct. You are picking one university (Paul University) from a population of other private universities and also picking one student of the university out of many other students of the school; how are we sure that your selection is not biased. You also considered one student whose expenses may not be a worthy representation of the expenses of an average federal university student in Nigeria, to arrive at your conclusion.

The truth is that your sample is not a good representation of the population: "Private universities in this case".

On the average every private university student pay not less than 200,000 as fee (Not forgetting that some schools like AUN, Babcock medical school, etc. charge in six digits!!);
and on the average, I can conclusively say that federal schools cost less than a hundred thousand for tuition, don't bring in cost of things like Accomodation, electricity, etc. because there is no basis for such comparison. In federal schools it's not compulsory that you stay in the school hostels, you choose your choice of accommodation and amenities according to whatever you can afford unlike in private schools that you are automatically billed for whatever they provide, which may not be your taste or may not even be worth the price, and you've got no choice!!

Also, can you conclusively say that the federal school student you cited for example in this post is not living above his means and incurring unnecessary costs for luxuries??

Until you can answer these, you have no point.
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by Laido: 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
Kei144:
The general thinking is that all private universities are too expensive. The reality now seems to be that if we get down to really count the cost, some private universities are actually better in terms of both cost and quality. Lecturers in public universities are generally overlords, who do whatever they want with students. In private universities, lecturers are more humble, being limited by the university management.

True talk boss. I'm currently a federal uni student now. If you go to some for one or two things, they will be acting like ur disturbing them. As if they are not being paid. They only do normal if your a Girl or they know you personally
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by JoBabs(m): 4:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
veekid:

Bros why you come black like this?

LoL... I'm happy for you, cuz u get hope, u fit use cream, but me na the best bleaching cream for Africa I dey use...
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by odimbannamdi(m): 4:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
d4guy:

Lol...very true

1 Like

Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by FREDDi(m): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
Sibrah:
Lie from the pit of hell. NUC standard for private uni is even higher compared to public uni.
truth is bitter...
apart from the private uni that guy mentioned others are wash....
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by FREDDi(m): 5:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
simplex2:

This is the worst lie I have ever heard in nairaland! No UNIZIK/UNN or any Federal Univ student pays more than 50k per year even with departmental levy, faculty dues, SUG (Which is included in the school fees) etc. ST Paul pays 300k! How is that cheaper? Stop deluding yourself; if you are in a private UNI, move along with your life, nobody say make you no passJAMB .
hahahahahahahaahah
This is wicked bro!
You are wicked! grin grin grin
Re: A Few Private Universities Are Cheaper And Better Than Some Federal Universities by favelexzy(m): 6:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
Jamez122:
Tuition Fees Per Semester

Oduduwa university - N180,000 Obong university- N170,000 Paul university- N150,000

The Cheapest Private university for now....

EVANGEL UNIVERSITY - 250,000 per session HEZEKIAH UNIVERSITY - 230,000 per session TANSIAN UNIVERSITY- 250000 per session #cheapest private university

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Almost Ruined My Life Academically!!! / Isioma Okobah Wins Highest Medical Award In US (Photo) / School Of Nursing Ado Ekiti Entrance Form Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.