Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists (2048 Views)

60th Birthday Of Mike Ozekhome: Patience & Goodluck Jonathan, Ekweremadu Spotted / Rats Invasion: Buhari Is The Worst President Ever - Mike Ozekhome / #ObaOfBeninDeath: Mike Ozekhome Shaves Hair (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Jalapa01(m): 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mike Ozekhome has predicted that the Department of State Services (DSS) will clampdown on the media soon.

This was in reaction to the arrest of some judges by the DSS on Saturday, October 8, 2016.

Mr Ozekhome is not the first to speak on the issue. In fact, a cross section of lawyers have condemned the action of the security agency, describing it as a way of intimidating the judiciary.

Speaking further on the DSS actions, Ozekhome also said “I am not surprised. I am rather surprised that some Nigerians are still surprised. Some of us warned, wrote, preached and talked. But, we were ignored due to political partisanship. A leopard cannot change its spots. It started with political opponents and the opposition. Some of us cried out. Then, they moved against some very senior and well-respected lawyers. Some clapped.

“They said it was anti-corruption. We cried out. It extended quickly to the National Assembly, another arm of government. Many described the government as tough, no-nonsense and anti-corruption-inclined. Some of us warned. Now, it is the judiciary. Up to the very apex court of the land, the Supreme Court, has been targeted and is now being intimidated and humiliated.

“Virtually all the judges are southerners. My prediction is that the media will be the next. The recent onslaught against the judiciary signals great danger to our democracy, freedom, human rights, independence of the judiciary and the doctrine of separation of powers as espoused in 1748 by the great French philosopher, Baron De Montesquieu.

“We are supposed to be operating a constitutional democracy, not military dictatorship or tyrannical absolutism. Governor Wike was almost shot dead by fully armed DSS operatives. His “offence” was that he came to rescue a Federal High Court judge who was being abducted. Other serving judges, who would ordinarily respond to a mere phone call, are being humiliated and rounded up in the ungodly hours of the night, like common criminals.”

Governor Nyesom Wike was reportedly harassed while trying to stop DSS operatives from arresting a Federal High Court judge in Rivers state.

More at http://www.bookspen.com/dss-will-hunt-next-mike-ozekhome-tells-journalists/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by INTROVERT(f): 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
OK
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by limeta(f): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
“Virtually all the judges are southerners.

2 Likes

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Redoil: 5:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by ishiamu(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
the day buhari dies Nigerians will rejoice and throw a party nationwide such a dog rulling humans, am glad the man who brought him in power is feeling his trash so good

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by alawi5k: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
I will kill myself and also commit suicide if they touch lalasticlala. DSS be ware! Lol
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by babyphaze07(m): 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
After the media, who is next oooooo. The masses have gotten their own slap....maybe its the ministers starting with minister of petroleum.

2 Likes

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by 9jii(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
Criminals are scared now , it's good development .
The ordinary people don't have confidence in judiciary.

4 Likes

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by CSTR2: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
9jii:
Backward fellow. Is that how criminals are caught in other parts of the world?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Jalapa01(m): 6:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
And who exactly is the 'ordinary' people?
9jii:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Iboko12: 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
CSTR2:

The guy is very daft.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by arabbunkum: 7:01pm On Oct 09, 2016
Whoever supports this tyranny must be mentally sick.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by ikaboy: 7:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
arabbunkum:
U need medical attention ASAP for supporting corruption. Wasted youths

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Wadeoye(m): 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
arabbunkum:

You are the one who is sick mentally ooo. You need mental check up.

How would you agree that the judiciary is corrupt and at the same time you are opposed to efforts at weeding out the corrupt officials in the same judiciary. You need mental check up.

Please Buhari, carry go... WE voted for you simply because of this. Please ensure those judges are remanded to Kuje prison tomorrow for at least 4 weeks before the hearing of their case begins.

China is fighting corruption and they have shown their seriousness again by sentencing a PM to death today.

What's wrong with us?

2 Likes

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by 9jii(m): 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
CSTR2:
Useless being your ignorance blinds you from seeing the right n wrong.

1 Like

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by omofunaab(m): 7:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
See don't let us pretend that our judges aren't corrupt in Nigeria.

I don't understand why people are saying judges can't be arrested for corruption because there are simply judges.

And people are saying DSS shouldn't arrest people in the midnight simply becos it's an ungodly hour.. My question to you is that if armed robbers are in your neighborhood in the midnight and you put a call to the police and their reply is that it's an ungodly Hour that they can't come.

I hate it when corrupt people hide under due process or rule of law.
The reason why the poor goes to prison is because the poor don't have money to buy these judges while the likes of wike can afford them.

Please don't let us pretend our judiciary are full of saints please. Every states has corrupt judges.. This will serve as a lesson to others that they can be touched regardless of their position as judges.

Don't bother to quote me if you are stupid

2 Likes

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by 9jii(m): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
Jalapa01:
And who exactly is the 'ordinary' people?
Mtsss
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Max24: 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
ikaboy:

Buhari is" fighting corruption" and we are suffering , but Jonathan was corrupt and we were okay. Who needs medical attention between the two of you ? Keep living in a fools paradise. Meanwhile nobody is against corruption but follow due process just like civilised countries. We are not animals except you claim to be one.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Max24: 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
And then they will come to Nairaland. An injustice to one is an injustice to all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by edo3(m): 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
Very corrupt ozekhome..fayose money comes to mind..
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by durangokid: 9:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
Wadeoye:

How would you agree that the judiciary is corrupt and at the same time you are opposed to efforts at weeding out the corrupt officials in the same judiciary. You need mental check up.

Please Buhari, carry go... WE voted for you simply because of this. Please ensure those judges are remanded to Kuje prison tomorrow for at least 4 weeks before the hearing of their case begins.

China is fighting corruption and they have shown their seriousness again by sentencing a PM to death today.

What's wrong with us?
. You are a cause to your family
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Wadeoye(m): 9:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
durangokid:
. You are a cause to your family

Olodo... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ozekhome is a nitwit. LIED THAT HE WAS KIDNAPPED IN 2013 and Jonathan gave him convoy
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by arabbunkum: 10:54am On Oct 10, 2016
I still recall that you and your folk were there to cheer and applaud Abacha in those days. So, kwontunu...

Wadeoye:

What's wrong with us?
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by arabbunkum: 10:58am On Oct 10, 2016
You certainly doesn't understand what ' the rule of law' means. Fat Zombie!
ikaboy:

Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by ba7man(m): 11:32am On Oct 10, 2016
I'm eagerly waiting for the moment DSS start arresting some Nairalanders for their epic daftness.

If you're not a corrupt judge, you have nothing to be scared of.

If you're not a corrupt journalist, you have nothing to be scared of.

I wasn't invited when the Judges were collecting cash for judgment so I'm not bothered about what happens to them.
Re: 'DSS Will Hunt You Next' - Mike Ozekhome Tells Journalists by bennyann: 12:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
Me, I'm just grateful PMB is not the Most High God. That's all.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Make 9.1 Billion From Igbo Land / Not North And South But West And East... / Top 10 Lies Of Lai Mohammed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.