Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (13003 Views)

Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari / Buhari's 75th Birthday: FFK Congratulates President, Asks Him To Resign / Photos From Burial Of Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:
Just another unrepentant Igbo hater. Abacha did the necessary. Good morning Lalasticlala.

You don't mean it
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Pranaya(f): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2016
A great man he was and fearless lion of the Ogoni people. Keep resting in peace.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by vislabraye(m): 9:21am On Oct 10, 2016
I 1st saw his name in Bassey and Company. He's dead .smh.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by 1shortblackboy: 9:23am On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

@bolded...a little research will enlighten you

What concerns Biafra with this. Undisputedly Saro wiwa was a Igbo hater till his death. In fighting for the Ogoni,a noble fight,He needn't paint us black before achieving what he wanted to. In anything the Igbo are fighting for they don't paint the minorities black but it's always the other way round with the minorities. Okay,after all of it was has it gained the Ogoni,where is He today?
i know this will surprise u but contrary to what u think people dont go around thinking and bothering themselves all day about igbos
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 10, 2016
hostine316:

You don't mean it
I'm not joking.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 10, 2016
Okeycima:
He play the game and he paid the dues with his lie and to those saying he the never know he wAs an All round hater of ndi-igbo,should do a little research on who he is? What he did? And his death!
Gbam! People don't know how the illustrious sons of the ND have used their influence to divide the two regions by subtly preaching Igbo hate. Today,where are the Ogoni in terms of a better environment?!!!! You don't go about wishing ill on others and expect good to come your way. Good riddance to Saro wiwa,nonsense man who even education could not liberate from tribalism!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 10, 2016
1shortblackboy:
i know this will surprise u but contrary to what u think people dont go around thinking and bothering themselves all day about igbos
You can't play that card with me. Hardly any one on the streets of SE knows what Ogoni is.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by bayelsaowei(m): 9:32am On Oct 10, 2016
cool cool cool cool
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by victorvezx(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

I'm not joking.
Guy u are just pained that Saro Wiwa did not support r Biafra struggle and ideology. He believed in the people of Niger delta and fought for his people. Although he was executed, he is far better than Ojukwu who allowed 2 million of his people to be killed, and still ran away. One thing u should keep at the back of ur mind is that the Biafra and Niger delta struggle are completely different, they don't share one ideology with u. They are realistic. They know the struggle that is more realistic and they also know the one that is not realistic and filled with delusions. That is why they will never share ur Biafra ideology.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by eezor: 9:41am On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

Gbam! People don't know how the illustrious sons of the ND have used their influence to divide the two regions by subtly preaching Igbo hate. Today,where are the Ogoni in terms of a better environment?!!!! You don't go about wishing ill on others and expect good to come your way. Good riddance to Saro wiwa,nonsense man who even education could not liberate from tribalism!

And where are the links of same better environment? He fought and stood his ground against illegality. Even when bribed to forget it and he said No. But ur ojukwu ram away after slaughtering many. Coward he is. From time immemorial, ogoni never wanted anything with the Ibos(I before others) and it remains so till today. Is it by force to support ur Biafra? We have our own struggle and Niger Delta at large. He was executed but his manhood still stands till today. Compare ogoni struggle your struggle, which u can say is more successful. Ogoni can never be part of Biafra. We don't need it.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2016
victorvezx:

Guy u are just pained that Saro Wiwa did not support r Biafra struggle and ideology. He believed in the people of Niger delta and fought for his people. Although he was executed, he is far better than Ojukwu who allowed 2 million of his people to be killed, and still ran away. One thing u should keep at the back of ur mind is that the Biafra and Niger delta struggle are completely different, they don't share one ideology with u. They are realistic. They know the struggle that is more realistic and they also know the one that is not realistic and filled with delusions. That is why they will never share ur Biafra ideology.
Look here young man,you're well known to type nonsense here. Before quoting me have it in mind i am an advocate of an all igbo country with any willing ethnicity. The rest can go their way,no qualms,so don't gimme that childish nonsense of being pained ND doesn't support Biafra. One more thing,always try and comment without typing Biafra

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by limeta(f): 9:47am On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:
Just another unrepentant Igbo hater. Abacha did the necessary. Good morning Lalasticlala.

Am not sure you just said this
Now go back and delete it or we bring it to yr family
Watch this.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by eezor: 9:47am On Oct 10, 2016
I don't know y igbo tends to blame everyone for their misfortune. Yoruba is ur problem, Hausa is ur enemy, Niger Delta is your problem. Ogoni too is ur problem.
U claimed you are the best but the first republic that was declared in this country by Issac adaka bori, ironsi and ojukwu scuttled. Released by Gowan and there after you seek for support from Niger Delta to fight a war they never wanted. U accused okiro for abandoned properties declaration. Everyone is ur problem.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by onward4life(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2016
FREEDOM PHITA??

As long as RIVERS and Bayelsa is Concerned them Don Phite their freedom finish..

I supported Niger Delta struggle till tomorrow.
But wen the Torch was given to them. They all Turned Jay-z but became stingy like My police friends,

but like all Good things it MUST come to an end.

Now they float another group NDA as if it's Ui in the the year 1962.

Which oil spill for your community or Aquatic Life is depleting.
Jonathan was a Marine scientist but he never implemented any Pet project to curb Environmental issues.

Because he now became a politician and paid money to people that eventually used the money judiciously to oust him in 2015.

wetin Una want take gain my sympathy. Agricultural produce no dey grow but Weed dey sell.

Just incase am a Niger Deltan but I had to go a bit north to leave my greener pastures in rocky side of Life. I Hate politicians and African politics.

It hurts me after paying school fees avoiding Vices, na only gra-gra people they ride 2016 vehicles.

South is no longer safe. Let's love ourselves and our Neighbours that is what Exactly Lagos did today check out now! You go #loveLagos

90% of what YOU own came through Lagos.

our own Rivers is use for alpha patrols abi?

IF SW SS SE come together I SWEAR African ISRAELI Is formed America go cut hand when When we cough.

we dnt need Cultism.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by situationroom: 9:52am On Oct 10, 2016
some igbos are always foolish
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ephi123(f): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2016
With the comments on this thread I can see why it is a waste to die for anything Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by HopeAtHand: 9:58am On Oct 10, 2016
I must say that some Igbos are very unbearable.

Ojukwu wanted a Biafra for the Igbo people and wanted Saro-Wiwa to join him, Saro-Wiwa knew the Ogonis and Igbo have nothing in common, not culturally or linguistically. Any decision he was to take had to be strategic. He opted for Nigeria and abandoned Biafra and that has become his crime in the eyes of Igbos. It is a crime not to join Igbos in Biafra...What a people!!!
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ephi123(f): 10:01am On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

This your comment is all shades of wrong. Very immature.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2016
eezor:

And where are the links of same better environment? He fought and stood his ground against illegality. Even when bribed to forget it and he said No. But ur ojukwu ram away after slaughtering many. Coward he is. From time immemorial, ogoni never wanted anything with the Ibos(I before others) and it remains so till today. Is it by force to support ur Biafra? We have our own struggle and Niger Delta at large. He was executed but his manhood still stands till today. Compare ogoni struggle your struggle, which u can say is more successful. Ogoni can never be part of Biafra. We don't need it.
Why are you throwing a tantrum like a petulant child? What concerns Biafra with this? People of little minds are always quick to talk of the millions who died because mostly Igbo died. It feels good,right? But wait,after all Saro did,even siding with the North against the seceding eastern region, over 30,000 Ogoni still died during that same war,no doubt recompense for disturbing the federal government. On top of that Saro was still hanged for his troubles. Bro,go and sit down. With all the education and media you know nothing!

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Stupid Igbo fool. You are very miserable. Saro Wiwa single-handedly put the Ogonis into national and worldwide recognition by standing for what is right and getting himself killed and his people liberated in the process.

What did Ojukwu do?? Ojukwu got his people killed and ran away. Some Igbos are just very stupid.

And here comes the Ikwerre. I am not a fool. He did well for his people but for the Igbo hate he got what he deserved. shikena!
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by nizelgirl(f): 10:10am On Oct 10, 2016
Hmmm The author of SOZA BOY. I really enjoyed that book. Anyways I don't who killed him so it's better I don't talk on what I don't. God bless Ogoni Land.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nihilist: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2016
I used to work in the same company as his daughter Noo. Classy woman and great writer. Just like her Dad.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 10, 2016
ephi123:

This your comment is all shades of wrong. Very immature.
Yes it sounds immature because in Nigeria most of our renowned leaders and heroes have always been stupid fellows at the back. From Ahmadu Bello to even to Adaka Boro to Ayiri Emami and to Saro wiwa. That is why we are still where we are.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 10, 2016
limeta:

Am not sure you just said this Now go back and delete it or we bring it to yr family Watch this.
I will not delete it.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 10, 2016
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 10, 2016
[s]
eezor:
I don't know y igbo tends to blame everyone for their misfortune. Yoruba is ur problem, Hausa is ur enemy, Niger Delta is your problem. Ogoni too is ur problem.
U claimed you are the best but the first republic that was declared in this country by Issac adaka bori, ironsi and ojukwu scuttled. Released by Gowan and there after you seek for support from Niger Delta to fight a war they never wanted. U accused okiro for abandoned properties declaration. Everyone is ur problem.
[/s]
Stop talking nonsense.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 10, 2016
[s]
situationroom:
some igbos are always foolish
[/s]
Tell us your backwater ethnicity let's guage their stupidity
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by discusant: 10:23am On Oct 10, 2016
Tanko Yakassi threw the bombshell recently.
He said when Biafra was declared, some leaders of the minority groups in the old eastern region journeyed to Kaduna and pleaded with then northern region governor, Hassan Katsina, to influence Gowon to carve out the minority groups from Biafra.

Shortly after that, Rivers and Cross River States were created by Gowon.

Today, it's like those Southsouth leaders shot themselves and their unborn generations in the spinal cord.

Biafra defeated by their sabotage, the Hassan Katsinas of northern Nigeria occupied billions of dollars worth oil blocks in the south and grudgingly agreed to give them 13% from derivation.

Adieu Ken Saro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:
I must say that some Igbos are very unbearable.

Ojukwu wanted a Biafra for the Igbo people and wanted Saro-Wiwa to join him, Saro-Wiwa knew the Ogonis and Igbo have nothing in common, not culturally or linguistically. Any decision he was to take had to be strategic. He opted for Nigeria and abandoned Biafra and that has become his crime in the eyes of Igbos. It is a crime not to join Igbos in Biafra...What a people!!!
Since you cannot argue you try to whip up sentiments. What concerns Biafra with the issue? You people think everybody is like you who dwells on 1967. Wake up 1967 is gone. Don't look at the Igbo through the lens of the war of 1967. You're mistaking.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by victorvezx(m): 10:31am On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

Yes it sounds immature because in Nigeria most of our renowned leaders and heroes have always been stupid fellows at the back. From Ahmadu Bello to even to Adaka Boro to Ayiri Emami and to Saro wiwa. That is why we are still where we are.
Lol, Yimu, u did not even care to blame any Igbo leader for ur problems, u only blamed leaders from other tribes. U igbos be behaving like other tribes or Nigerians in general owes u an apology. We owe u nothing. The Niger delta owes u nothing. There is south east and south south. Stay in ur landlocked south east and stop disturbing the South south people. Oil thieves and parasites. U people will continue languishing in ur current misery and u will still have no solution to ur problems, but continue blaming till u get tired. Leeches

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Emefiele: Nigeria Under Buhari Has Defeated Ethnic And Religious Bigotry – Group / Best Secondary Schools In Nigeria-waec. / Lai Mohammed: ISWAP Behind Attacks On Christians

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.