Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today (12996 Views)

Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari / Buhari's 75th Birthday: FFK Congratulates President, Asks Him To Resign / Photos From Burial Of Ken Saro Wiwa Jnr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by victorvezx(m): 10:33am On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

Since you cannot argue you try to whip up sentiments. What concerns Biafra with the issue? You people think everybody is like you who dwells on 1967. Wake up 1967 is gone. Don't look at the Igbo through the lens of the war of 1967. You're mistaking.
Nothing has actually changed. The south east still looks like one huge IDP camp
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by discusant: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2016
It's common sense: it's easiest for the minority groups in the old eastern region to get whatever they want, including independence, from a Biafra country;
but most difficult, if not impossible, for the minority groups in the old eastern region to get anything from very huge and mixed Nigeria.

Those Southsouth leaders who journeyed to Kaduna to Hassan Katsina in 1967 to plead that Rivers and Cross River States be carved out from Biafra, they couldn't see beyond the nose.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by discusant: 10:46am On Oct 10, 2016
HopeAtHand:
I must say that some Igbos are very unbearable.

Ojukwu wanted a Biafra for the Igbo people and wanted Saro-Wiwa to join him, Saro-Wiwa knew the Ogonis and Igbo have nothing in common, not culturally or linguistically. Any decision he was to take had to be strategic. He opted for Nigeria and abandoned Biafra and that has become his crime in the eyes of Igbos. It is a crime not to join Igbos in Biafra...What a people!!!

So people like you still exist in the south south? If people like you are in majority in the south south,
you and your offspring shall be in the trenches forever fighting domination by Hausa/Fulani with their Yoruba collaborators

COMMON SENSE REQUIRED,: You don't like the Igbo. But you must ally with the Igbo to get Biafra first, after which it is most easy for you to get back your environment, get your oil and oil blocks back, get Nigerdelta Republic, or even Ijaw, Ogoni, Efik or above all, Ikwerre Republic from Biafra. This is COMMON SENSE.

But the above are not realistic when you form all sorts of liberation strike forces in the Niger delta to fight Nigeria as you shun Igbo and Biafra.

4 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by discusant: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2016
onward4life:
FREEDOM PHITA??

As long as RIVERS and Bayelsa is Concerned them Don Phite their freedom finish..

I supported Niger Delta struggle till tomorrow.
But wen the Torch was given to them. They all Turned Jay-z but became stingy like My police friends,

but like all Good things it MUST come to an end.

Now they float another group NDA as if it's Ui in the the year 1962.

Which oil spill for your community or Aquatic Life is depleting.
Jonathan was a Marine scientist but he never implemented any Pet project to curb Environmental issues.

Because he now became a politician and paid money to people that eventually used the money judiciously to oust him in 2015.

wetin Una want take gain my sympathy. Agricultural produce no dey grow but Weed dey sell.

Just incase am a Niger Deltan but I had to go a bit north to leave my greener pastures in rocky side of Life. I Hate politicians and African politics.

It hurts me after paying school fees avoiding Vices, na only gra-gra people they ride 2016 vehicles.

South is no longer safe. Let's love ourselves and our Neighbours that is what Exactly Lagos did today check out now! You go #loveLagos

90% of what YOU own came through Lagos.

our own Rivers is use for alpha patrols abi?

IF SW SS SE come together I SWEAR African ISRAELI Is formed America go cut hand when When we cough.

we dnt need Cultism.

Around most of the Southwest have taken to Arab religion, thus most of the Southwest now share same political aspirations with northern Nigeria.

So your dream of SW, SE and SS coming together for any political pursuit is a pipe dream.

During the OBJ National Political Conference, the Southwest region representatives allied with the northern region representatives to deny increase in derivation asked for by oil producing areas and supported by the southeast. The Conference ended because of this division as the South south delegates walked out of the conference followed by southeast representatives.

Take away any idea of Southwest region forming alliance with the SE and SS.

In fact, Southwest region is the most militant against the various aspirations of the old eastern region.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 10, 2016
[s]
victorvezx:

Lol, Yimu, u did not even care to blame any Igbo leader for ur problems, u only blamed leaders from other tribes. U igbos be behaving like other tribes or Nigerians in general owes u an apology. We owe u nothing. The Niger delta owes u nothing. There is south east and south south. Stay in ur landlocked south east and stop disturbing the South south people. Oil thieves and parasites. U people will continue languishing in ur current misery and u will still have no solution to ur problems, but continue blaming till u get tired. Leeches
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by onward4life(m): 11:25am On Oct 10, 2016
discusant:

Around most of the Southwest have taken to Arab region, thus most of the Southwest now share same political aspirations with northern Nigeria.

So your dream of SW, SE and SS coming together for any political pursuit is a pipe dream.

During the OBJ National Political Conference, the Southwest region representatives allied with the northern region representatives to deny increase in derivation asked for by oil producing areas and supported by the southeast. The Conference ended because of this division as the South south delegates walked out of the conference followed by southeast representatives.

Take away any idea of Southwest region forming alliance with the SE and SS.

In fact, Southwest region is the most militant against the various aspirations of the old eastern region.

YES YES YES
@list you understand While southern unity is a Key component to the Various issues confronting southern Nigeria..

See bro Believe ME!
RIVERS state and Beyelsa will remain under develop because of disunity...

Believe me I have a solution!
Trust me..
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2016
discusant:
Tanko Yakassi threw the bombshell recently.
He said when Biafra was declared, some leaders of the minority groups in the old eastern region journeyed to Kaduna and pleaded with then northern region governor, Hassan Katsina, to influence Gowon to carve out the minority groups from Biafra.

Shortly after that, Rivers and Cross River States were created by Gowon.

Today, it's like those Southsouth leaders shot themselves and their unborn generations in the spinal cord.

Biafra defeated by their sabotage, the Hassan Katsinas of northern Nigeria occupied billions of dollars worth oil blocks in the south and grudgingly agreed to give them 13% from derivation.

Adieu Ken Saro.

This Is why I will never EVER mince words with the ND people. Granted the government has failed the southern minorities,one thing is still certain : Any problem the ND is facing today,they contributed to it as much as 90% and they will continue to suffer the most for it.

2 Likes

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by EasternPride: 11:30am On Oct 10, 2016
Let's not fight over these things, we all suffer from the injustices, one day liberation will come, at least by trying ...
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 10, 2016
Where are the kids throwing tantrums here previously? Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ManTiger(m): 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
Dele Giwa

Saro Wiwa

They surely have something in common.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by limeta(f): 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

I will not delete it.

Never mind you here all over facebook.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by discusant: 12:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

This Is why I will never EVER mince words with the ND people. Granted the government has failed the southern minorities,one thing is still certain : Any problem the ND is facing today,they contributed to it as much as 90% and they will continue to suffer the most for it.

Today again, the Asari Dokubors who have fought Nigeria and got tired now tell the Southsouth people the reality about Biafra. But some inexperienced ones carry guns about in the creeks thinking and talking about Niger delta Republic. But common sense suggests that you can't get Nigerdelta Republic in isolation of Biafra.
Common sense tells that it is easiest to get Nigerdelta Republic from Biafra after Southsouth people have teamed up with southeast people to get Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Walehelt(m): 12:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
Isokay
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
discusant:

Today again, the Asari Dokubors who have fought Nigeria and got tired now tell the Southsouth people the reality about Biafra. But some inexperienced ones carry guns about in the creeks thinking and talking about Niger delta Republic. But common sense suggests that you can't get Nigerdelta Republic in isolation of Biafra.
Common sense tells that it is easiest to get Nigerdelta Republic from Biafra after Southsouth people have teamed up with southeast people to get Biafra.

Leave them. They don't think. As for me I will never pander to this people. The problem with ND back then was education so they engage in blind hate and shot themselves in the foot. Unfortunately!!!! Till today they are still largely uneducated and can't tell what's good for them. They carry themselves like they're still in the 60's. It's quite alarming to have been deceived in 1967 and the same trick still works on you nearly 50 years later in 2016. Hopeless Helpless people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 10, 2016
limeta:

Never mind you here all over facebook.
All over Facebook. Okay. Screengrab let us see.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by limeta(f): 1:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

All over Facebook. Okay. Screengrab let us see.

HISS
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2016
limeta:

HISS
Lol. Okay.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by apcisevil: 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2016
victorvezx:

Guy u are just pained that Saro Wiwa did not support r Biafra struggle and ideology. He believed in the people of Niger delta and fought for his people. Although he was executed, he is far better than Ojukwu who allowed 2 million of his people to be killed, and still ran away. One thing u should keep at the back of ur mind is that the Biafra and Niger delta struggle are completely different, they don't share one ideology with u. They are realistic. They know the struggle that is more realistic and they also know the one that is not realistic and filled with delusions. That is why they will never share ur Biafra ideology.
Yet where is the realistic of their struggle? You people don't know how many people NA killed in ogoni war. What the udi and the militants war ..and the oil spills... is that what you called realistic struggle?
The always say, "the end justify the means". As things stand, the entire south is conquered including the afonjas.. If you like believe, you don't like, don't believe. .. the end of all ND struggle is as fruitless as that of the entire south

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Olizey(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2016
discusant:

That's not common sense. Do u think the Niger Deltans are stupid? Is it not because of the oil that u want the ND to join with the unrealistic biafra? If they join and biafra na follows, do u think ur so called "director"(na film una dey act sef) will let them go Bloody mongrels. See Im mouth like common sense
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2016
Olizey:

That's not common sense. Do u think the Niger Deltans are stupid? Is it not because of the oil that u want the ND to join with the unrealistic biafra? If they join and biafra na follows, do u think ur so called "director"(na film una dey act sef) will let them go Bloody mongrels. See Im mouth like common sense

Where are you from?

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Olizey(m): 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:
Where are you from?

Delta?
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
Olizey:

Delta?
Okay. Let's agree you're from Delta.
1) We're not bloody mongrels. Don't insult us again.
2) We don't want Niger Delta because of oil. That's an argument that worked in the 60's. Surprisingly,you still use it today we all know there's oil everywhere. The argument is archaic.
3) How will our "dilector" Mazi Nnamdi Kanu hold you people from leaving. Are you little kids? C'mom don't be silly!

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Olizey(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

Okay. Let's agree you're from Delta.
1) We're not bloody mongrels. Don't insult us again.
2) We don't want Niger Delta because of oil. That's an argument that worked in the 60's. Surprisingly,you still use it today we all know there's oil everywhere. The argument is archaic.
3) How will our "dilector" Mazi Nnamdi Kanu hold you people from leaving. Are you little kids? C'mom don't be silly!

1) I don hear.

2) Abeg o. Which everywhere? Is it not on this same NL that one biafran...what is that word sef, I don forget. Anyways I sha know that biafrans want the SS to join them by force. It is not archaic anything. But brosie see ehn, I don't understand something. Shebi u know south sudan? Is there something the biafrans are better at than them?

3) That one na viju. As young as I am ehn, I know a little of how politics works. Nobody go like troway good thing.

P.S: I'm not being silly jare. No dey bobo me
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
Olizey:

1) I don hear.

2) Abeg o. Which everywhere? Is it not on this same NL that one biafran...what is that word sef, I don forget. Anyways I sha know that biafrans want the SS to join them by force. It is not archaic anything. But brosie see ehn, I don't understand something. Shebi u know south sudan? Is there something the biafrans are better at than them?

3) That one na viju. As young as I am ehn, I know a little of how politics works. Nobody go like troway good thing.

P.S: I'm not being silly jare. No dey bobo me
Make I no dey bobo you? Okay but know say na you dey bobo yourself. There is oil in nearly the entire SE.
We're not South Sudan. The major problem of South Sudan is that of political dominance between two ethnicities. That's simply why South Sudan has being at war. Why don't you naysayers ever talk of Namibia or Singapore or Serbia or Slovenia or Ukraine

1 Like

Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Olizey(m): 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
iSlayer2:

Make I no dey bobo you? Okay but know say na you dey bobo yourself. There is oil in nearly the entire SE.
We're not South Sudan. The major problem of South Sudan is that of political dominance between two ethnicities. That's simply why South Sudan has being at war. Why don't you naysayers ever talk of Namibia or Singapore or Serbia or Slovenia or Ukraine

That is so not true. The only place that have oil are Imo, Anambra and Rivers state. U wanna tell me Ebonyi has oil or Enugu? Abegi.

I didn't say u were. I only asked what makes u BETTER than them.

And again, Igbos are subdivided into minor tribes. Okay, let's say biafra comes and a Man from a minor tribe in the SE wants to be the major ruler or president and also a major tribe wants the same position, is it not the same tribal war that will take place? Definately, because no one wants to be ruled over. Talkless of if una join the SS to biafra. I swear una go join Matters Arising on TVC.

Anyways, I'm only stating my own opinion. If God says there will be Biafra and the SS will be part of them, wetin concern me?

Afterall people dey get nationalization for another country. I go just change my state of origin
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by discusant: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
Olizey:

That is so not true. The only place that have oil are Imo, Anambra and Rivers state. U wanna tell me Ebonyi has oil or Enugu? Abegi.

I didn't say u were. I only asked what makes u BETTER than them.

And again, Igbos are subdivided into minor tribes. Okay, let's say biafra comes and a Man from a minor tribe in the SE wants to be the major ruler or president and also a major tribe wants the same position, is it not the same tribal war that will take place? Definately, because no one wants to be ruled over. Talkless of if una join the SS to biafra. I swear una go join Matters Arising on TVC.

Anyways, I'm only stating my own opinion. If God says there will be Biafra and the SS will be part of them, wetin concern me?

Afterall people dey get nationalization for another country. I go just change my state of origin

You talk like Sophisticated Yoruba. That's how they argue to divide southsouth from southeast.
It's most naive your assertion that southeast is looking to include Southsouth in Biafra because of crude oil. That's fallacious and most ridiculous. The richest countries on earth today do not have crude oil.

Or are you Itshekiri/Yoruba?

Take this proverb if you are truly from the southsouth:

You cannot break the sticks of a broom when they are a bunch of broom; but it is easiest for the broomsticks to be broken one after the other when the broomsticks are not in a bunch.

Let me explain the proverb: southsouth and southeast struggling for different objectives on different platforms, both regions shall be easily neutralized by rest of Nigeria.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by geraob1: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2016
eezor:
I don't know y igbo tends to blame everyone for their misfortune. Yoruba is ur problem, Hausa is ur enemy, Niger Delta is your problem. Ogoni too is ur problem.
U claimed you are the best but the first republic that was declared in this country by Issac adaka bori, ironsi and ojukwu scuttled. Released by Gowan and there after you seek for support from Niger Delta to fight a war they never wanted. U accused okiro for abandoned properties declaration. Everyone is ur problem.

NIGER delta una matter no be here. bunch of retrogressives
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Olizey(m): 6:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
discusant:

You talk like Sophisticated Yoruba. That's how they argue to divide southsouth from southeast.
It's most naive your assertion that southeast is looking to include Southsouth in Biafra because of crude oil. That's fallacious and most ridiculous. The richest countries on earth today do not have crude oil.

Or are you Itshekiri/Yoruba?

Take this proverb if you are truly from the southsouth:

You cannot break the sticks of a broom when they are a bunch of broom; but it is easiest for the broomsticks to be broken one after the other when the broomsticks are not in a bunch.

Let me explain the proverb: southsouth and southeast struggling for different objectives on different platforms, both regions shall be easily neutralized by rest of Nigeria.

U can say I have a yoruba blood in me.

I'm not dividing anybody. I'm just saying that if the ND decides not to join Biafra, there is no need to force them or make them feel in between. I know that as a fact but let's leave other countries and come to nigeria. If biafra finally becomes a country, what major resource apart from oil do they have?

I'm Delta Igbo.

I've known that proverb from my primary school days.

The bottom line is that what the SE wants is biased. If they were truly serious about wanting biafra, it would have happened. I for one know Igbos are quite determined. But since there is no true, strong movement or resistance for biafra, all na SCAM.

IYALAYA ANYBODY!!! *Drops mic*
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Olizey(m): 6:48pm On Oct 10, 2016
geraob1:

NIGER delta una matter no be here. bunch of retrogressives

Humans dey talk; animal put mouth.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by geraob1: 7:07pm On Oct 10, 2016
Olizey:

Humans dey talk; animal put mouth.

Stupid parasitic maggot u know it's true. Bunch of retrogressives
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ofwest47(m): 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
The I Before Others *IBOs* says Ken hated them why not, was it not the IBO's that scuttled the struggle of the Niger Deltans for regional self determination . When the Midwest was created in 1963 from the old Western region was it not the collaboration of the NPC/NCNC ( Hausa/IBO) collusion government that prevented the creation of the Calabar_ Ogoja_ River state now today's Niger Delta; in the same vain, the agitation for the creation of the Middle Belt region ( Benue_ Plateau) was scuttled by the Hausa/Ibo collusion despite the Awolowo's re commendation for the creation of those extra 3 regions : see Awo's #Thought to Nigerian constitution 1945.#
See what were the end of Joseph Tarka, Ken Sarowiwa ,the Briggs_Wenike and Lulu; they were all made to face the music just because the Hausas wanted to control the entire North and the Ibos the Midwest, the Eastern and the Niger delta region. To day: Every body can now see where the Cooky crumbles.
Re: Ken Saro-wiwa's 75th Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gemale(m): 7:28am On Oct 11, 2016
iSlayer2:
Just another unrepentant Igbo hater. Abacha did the necessary. Good morning Lalasticlala.
Oga it's nt by force 2 comment. If u r ignorant of d history of Nigeria & unaware of D numerous evils dt were perpetuated in ds coun3, close dt putrid, housefly-festering latrine u call a mouth b4 d choking fumes of ignorance emanating 4rm it asphyxiates u 2 your premature demise. D man u deride is som1 we shld celebrate as a hero & mourn our folly of murdering him d same way d Jews shld hv mourned hw dey killed Jesus. If we celebrated pple lyk ds as heroes & nt serial coup plotters lyk muritala Mohammed or corrupt looters lyk IBB, T. Y danjuma & abacha, ds coun3 wldnt b in d mess dt it currently is in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Receives The National Open Water Swimming Competition Trophy (photos) / We Have Received N6.314bn Second Tranche Of Paris Club Refunds : Osun Goverment / ₦98 Billion Oil Pollution Fund Stirs Controversy In Niger Delta Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.