Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter (44763 Views)

Where Is Nigeria's President, Muhammadu Buhari? - BBC / Shiek Ismail Mangu: Arrest Aisha Buhari Immediately Over Her BBC Interview / Saraki Reacts To Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Crex007(m): 1:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
i wont be surprised if aisha lands in DSS net

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by harffie(m): 1:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
izzou:
[size=14pt]Deputy president and Assistant Vice president? [/size]

This got me rolling

grin grin grin

no myn am...
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Missmossy(f): 1:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
Makes no sense. What sort of woman is this undecided and she couldn't pour out all these to her husband confidentially. And i thought she was matured. Obviously she isn't. She sounded like an 18 year old.

Now i know age isn't maturity as people often say. Mama Peace would never have said such even if their home was on fire. Shows what she thinks about her husband being Nigeria's president.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Dee60: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2016
She has ridiculed herself. She is a shame to Africaness. She should quickly apologize for this behavior. She may be saying the truth but her platform is grossly wrong. Speaking to BBC is speaking to the whole world! her husband has not said he will contest in 2019, yet she goes to tell the world she would not campaign with him, as if her campaigning with him added any value in 2015! What a threat? What a shame? I hope she gathers the courage to apologize quickly, to women and womanhood!

She possibly has the impression she won the seat for the husband and might be looking for ways to influence and make appointments like previous first ladies.
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by k2kay(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2016
Dee60:

Courage? Or cowardice! If she is a good wife, all she said to the world (through BBC) would be said to her husband and the husband will accept. This is the same woman from Day 1, putting on the most expensive apparel, jewelry, to show how 'rich she is' in spite of the husband's spartan lifestyle....a few allegations have trailed her, including forex deals, etc.....What if she is trying to take over power, like previous first ladies, and the husband is not allowing her, only for her to do a silly thing, to take her campaign against the husband to BBC!

Sometimes, we need to put ourselves in people's shoes. If you were PMB would you accept such? What does she know about governance or politics?
Well, I stated my view and you just stated yours as well but do you really think she did not approach her husband severally before taking this option? We are all outsiders in this and all we can do is watch and see how things play out. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by buffalowings: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
Haha

So it's all true.

This just confirms our suspicion that Bubu is clueless and a dullard.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Dee60: 1:57pm On Oct 14, 2016
k2kay:

Well, I stated my view and you just stated yours as well but do you really think she did not approach her husband severally before taking this option? We are all outsiders in this and all we can do is watch and see how things play out. Cheers.

I respect your views. I only wanted to show a different side to this. A woman should not be seen exposing her husband's 'unclothedness' in public. Outside Aso Rock and outside power, she should still realize she is a wife and should show examples to women. I think she really goofed. She wants to show she understand power and politics, but evidently she doesnt.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by dragonking3: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
richidinho:
Whr @thou oh zombie!

Why are you guys hiding since morning?

But trust me, you must chay chom chin

Hungerbad, madridguy, sarrki, Ngeneukwuenu you guys are always FTC in patience Jonathan thread, what has gone wrong pls?

grin grin grin grin
You forgot to add modath, omenka, Quotasystem
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Icon79(m): 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Where's the original interview. We need to read the original interview before reading the reactions.

Thanks in advance
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by toronto10(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Where is our own fr mbaka who said that buhari is a prayer answered.
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by k2kay(m): 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
Dee60:

I respect your views. I only wanted to show a different side to this. A woman should not be seen exposing her husband's 'unclothedness' in public. Outside Aso Rock and outside power, she should still realize she is a wife and should show examples to women. I think she really goofed. She wants to show she understand power and politics, but evidently she doesnt.
Prolly she should have handled it differently but I have a hunch she was left with no choice. No one can tell what has been going on in Aso rock for sure. It is well bro.
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by kabukabu(m): 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
As Nigerians, we need to ask ourselves one important question. Who's fooling who?
This is a Woman who sleeps beside her husband every night. She obviously briefed him before going on that radio show and THEY are using this as an Avenue to cut down party influence while building support among the Northern elite. Regardless, we don't give a sh! t. Nigeria deserves a leader who is willing to accept responsibility and unify the country.

God bless Nigeria, God bless Nairaland, God bless our president(even though he no dey try sha).

A first lady is meant to be seen, and not heard (unless she is a very educated person like Michelle, Hillary or a comedian like Patience). Damn I miss the Jonathans.
Today is a special day. Please click like for The Jonathans .
Would you like to explain further
'A first Lady is meant to be seen not heard'?
That comment is just so wrong make me wonder your maturity, your background and your educational level.
Are there any women in your family?
Just disgusting speech.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by totorimi: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2016
A good christian or muslim wife should never criticize the husband in public now see this first lady going all the way abroad to openly tell the world that bubu is not in charge of affairs of governance. If you dont know how to talk diplomatically why not shut up and let others do it for you. How long will these two continue to embarrass the nation due to lack of decorum. The other time bubu himself labelled all of us as fantastically corrupt.

Whoever is in charge of polishing these guys diplomatic skills should please do so fast.
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by OlaSpeaker(m): 2:09pm On Oct 14, 2016
I won't say anything until i see the video
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by TheRealestGuy(m): 2:11pm On Oct 14, 2016
Dee60:
Very silly thing to do. Going all the way to BBC to expose her husband's unclothedness to the whole world! If she is that wifely, she should have said those things to her husband and be respectfully accepted! No wise woman does this... She has allowed power and fame to get into her head.
Dont you think she must have tried that and it didn't work?

Unconfirmed rumors have it that the president suffers from Alzheimer's disease though so he may not be understanding things anymore...

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by uboma(m): 2:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
Aisha Buhari did excellently by exposing some of the ills lurking in Aso Rock.

For her to come public about this, she must have consulted PMB privately but got relegated to the background.

A woman wields enormous power and should never be taken for granted....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Bollinger(m): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2016
magicminister:
Some Nigerians can never be happy.
The action of this woman made me have a whole new respect for her.
The people massively voted for Buhari all over the country except in the east where a couple of thousands still voted for him. He needs to become the president of Nigeria and stop being the president of Apc and west Germany.

This is politics and you have to be diplomatic in your utterances. Plus she is not the one running the country. Unless she is saying her husband is s.tupid and cannot manage the people he appointed.
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Forwetinnah: 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2016
Even Aisha who's obviously being sidelined and treated like trash in Aso Rock is complaining but some degenerate hailing hailers are still tagging along like the useless Zombies that they are. No wonder the country is in such a mess!! No direction, no zeal..just a group of thieves sucking the country dry and telling us that there's recession

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Forwetinnah: 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
Bollinger:

This is politics and you have to be diplomatic in your utterances. Plus she is not the one running the country. Unless she is saying her husband is s.tupid and cannot manage the people he appointed.

That is exactly what she has said..read between the lines. This is the reason boooooohari shouldn't have been made President to start with..all he wants is the name, he knows absolutely nothing and leaves important issues to people he feels are capable. As HOS..he did nothing, Idiagbon did everything. The only thing he knows how to do best is be vindictive
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by mizzpweety(f): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2016
True talk
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Deenite(m): 2:41pm On Oct 14, 2016
I just hope dis is not a campaign strategy, maybe she wants to run in 2019. Dat kind first female President.

Nigerians dnt be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Emassive(m): 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
Fantastically corrupt Nation
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Ironi: 2:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
A lot of nonsense.

She claims Buhari does not know many of his ministers and so does she , his wife of 27 years.

This is pure nonsense and African politics and way of doing things which has entrenched corruption in the core politics of Nigeria.

Buhari as president does not necessarily have to know his 45 or so ministers before appointing them. His staff do thier due diligence and present names and information of Nigerians qualified for the position and who they think would serve the President well.

The president and his men will run these people through a process, I believe, before making a final decision.

Now the wife also wants to know the people before they are made ministers? What nonsense.

So far as this issue is concerned I think Bihari playing smart and I don't think he is looking forward for a second term and he wants to clean house and he knows that in African politics people play roles with the intention of being offered positions in compensation after you come to office.

Guess what, it is this same people who feel entitled to positions who then begin to fill their pockets and steal left and right because they fill you are beholden to them and the worse you can do is joggle their portfolios around.

Buhari I believe does not want any of that unprogressive and corrupt African politics destroying a promising country like Nigeria.

Buhari knows what he is doing and will not hesitate to fire any of these
men without any hesitation; not knowing them makes things even easier.

You elected a president and hope you will allow him to run his government the way he thinks it will work for Nigeria.

Remember, he's been a head of state before and I also think he is doing things outside the box.

The status quo has not worked for Nigeria and Buhari is doing something different.

The man must be commended for his boldness and initiatives.

He is showing how it should be done in Nigeria and that regardless of the fact that people worked for his election he would let qualified Nigerians lead the country and not necessarily compensate those who worked for his elections.

With the record breaking corruption levels in Nigeria, which leader will be bold enough to take such an action which boarders on political suicide.

I hope for once Nigerians will put their ethnic and partisan politics aside and be a little objective in thier assessments for the betterment of Nigerians.

Anyway, how are the ministers or the appointees in question doing?
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by kingwele88(m): 2:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
When the Senate President said it Nigerias thought he was joking and predency denied it now our first lady has vindicated him. May God have mercy on Nigerians for making the worst mistake.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by comos: 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
she is a power drunk woman,

what exactly is her concern how the presidency is run.

we never head of Adusalami Abubarka's wife till the twilight of his administration, and she was a judge for that matter.

Aisha better keep quiet,

it was Buhari Nigerian elected not Aishia
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by Bollinger(m): 2:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
Forwetinnah:

That is exactly what she has said..read between the lines. This is the reason boooooohari shouldn't have been made President to start with..all he wants is the name, he knows absolutely nothing and leaves important issues to people he feels are capable. As HOS..he did nothing, Idiagbon did everything. The only thing he know how to do best is be vindictive

Only one thing I disagree with you on. You are blaming him as if he elected himself. Nigerians did. Nigerians have a history of poor judgement when it come to people they look up to as leaders. Haven't you seen the multitude of people hailing fayose on this forum?
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by princee7(m): 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
she's still better than Jonathan's wife, that one will never come out and say the truth ....but the question still remain Aisha buhari which type of wife are you self

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by HolyTitus(m): 2:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
The Truth would always be bitter but a word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by jobnation(f): 3:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
seXytOhbAd:
As Nigerians, we need to ask ourselves one important question. Who's fooling who?
This is a Woman who sleeps beside her husband every night. She obviously briefed him before going on that radio show and THEY are using this as an Avenue to cut down party influence while building support among the Northern elite. Regardless, we don't give a sh! t. Nigeria deserves a leader who is willing to accept responsibility and unify the country.

God bless Nigeria, God bless Nairaland, God bless our president(even though he no dey try sha).

A first lady is meant to be seen, and not heard (unless she is a very educated person like Michelle, Hillary or a comedian like Patience). Damn I miss the Jonathans.
Today is a special day. Please click like for The Jonathans .
i see no virtue on wat u just posted, u sound tribal isshh!! cry cry
Re: Aisha Buhari's BBC Interview: Nigerians React On Twitter by mkoabiola: 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2016
Even Aisha is surprise d coward couldn't deliver his promises

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku/obi Shut Enugu/ebonyi Down / FG Gives FAAN, NAMA, Others 45 Days To Relocate Headquarters To Abuja / Nationwide Strike: Stock Homes With Food, Medicines, Others, Labour Tells Nigeri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.