Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Prince Eheneden Picks New Name - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prince Eheneden Picks New Name (41676 Views)

Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Erediauwa Picks The Name "Oba Ewuare ii" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 3:14pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
Ogiso is the benin title. bye
Ogiso then we later CHANGED IT TO OBA!!!!

Tell ur Kings to get a life and stop copying angry

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

Yes, that was when oranmiyan a yoruba man with yoruba name and his entourage came...and he made all ogisos to be under the subjection of himself i.e Oba oranmiyan.

He then built d first palace of Oba at uselu...wot u people are bn taught is wrong.

10 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martineverest(m): 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:
Please what is the new name he picked? I can't read all that crap up there.

I am a christian and not interested in pagan worship
irony is when u are commenting on a thread that doesnt correlate with ur religion

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by iconize(m): 3:31pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Get ur senses right frm wia u left them cuz I knw u've left them somewhere. never u compare my Afonja's brain with ur Edo brain lalai it beats urz.

Ur so called Ekelerhan was bannished and wondered to "Uhe" that is not Ife..it cud be other towns but you people should not take as ife...(Mistake number one)

In regard to oduduwa falling frm d sky, there is different between Oduduwa as a religion and Oduduwa as king... I know benin people always observe Oduduwa festivals as a religion and not Ekelerhan. . so dat sudn't be new to you.
Oduduwa was a yoruba man that came frm Ugbo of now Ondo-State.

You people sud stop d rebellion against ur source

Yoruba people will never thief any benin word lailai...u stole our words..some of which are:

Olohungbo cat
Elede pig
Oba
Omo
Benin/Ile ibinu land of vexation
Aga chair
Pele sorry
Iye Mother
Patapata everything
Gbogbo e Everything
Abi
jor
Ashewo
Oga mi
Olokun
Ogun
Aiyelala
Amen water
amongst many others

In your world of delusions, the Binis use "pele"?

7 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martineverest(m): 3:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Yes, that was when oranmiyan a yoruba man with yoruba name and his entourage came...and he made all ogisos to be under the subjection of himself i.e Oba oranmiyan.

He then built d first palace of Oba at uselu...wot u people are bn taught is wrong.
mr right,teach us.....we are not yorubas.......dont kill yasef

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martineverest(m): 3:34pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Get ur senses right frm wia u left them cuz I knw u've left them somewhere. never u compare my Afonja's brain with ur Edo brain lalai it beats urz.

Ur so called Ekelerhan was bannished and wondered to "Uhe" that is not Ife..it cud be other towns but you people should not take as ife...(Mistake number one)

In regard to oduduwa falling frm d sky, there is different between Oduduwa as a religion and Oduduwa as king... I know benin people always observe Oduduwa festivals as a religion and not Ekelerhan. . so dat sudn't be new to you.
Oduduwa was a yoruba man that came frm Ugbo of now Ondo-State.

You people sud stop d rebellion against ur source

Yoruba people will never thief any benin word lailai...u stole our words..some of which are:

Olohungbo cat
Elede pig
Oba
Omo
Benin/Ile ibinu land of vexation
Aga chair
Pele sorry
Iye Mother
Patapata everything
Gbogbo e Everything
Abi
jor
Ashewo
Oga mi
Olokun
Ogun
Aiyelala
Amen water
amongst many others

are u mistaking bini for itsekiri?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martineverest(m): 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2016
sexybaby22:
Now am writing to see if this oba too will travel up and down like the ooni
oba is palace-ridden....he will remain there for life...he will never step out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by AnonymousG: 3:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
Your mumu Ooni is a domestic Appendage of the Oba of Benin ...The one and only Supreme Oba..... Infact i think its hard time Benin chiefs revoke your southwest from using our Oba title Copycats I laff in swahillli grin grin
Now thats illiteracy, the word OBA originated from
The Yorubas. Do your research well Mr..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 16, 2016
martineverest:
are u mistaking bini for itsekiri?
I'm not mistaken things bro. I knw wot have bn saying. I once lived in benin..all d words I listed there are being spoken by them like is theirs amongst others and they wanna claim them cheaply gringrin

5 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martineverest(m): 3:42pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

I'm not mistaken things bro. I knw wot have bn saying. I once lived in benin..all d words I listed there are being spoken by them like is theirs amongst others and they wanna claim them cheaply gringrin
im from edo.about 50 percent of the listed correlations arent correct

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2016
iconize:

In your world of delusions, the Binis use "pele"?
All d time..no benin person can ever deny that..have u ever bn there at all?

3 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by latsy: 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
Oba of Benin, the grandson of ile-ife, the destroyer of the ogiso
dynasty, prince eheneden ,your great grandfather from ile-ife civilized
the Benin people.

7 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by MunorAnne(f): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

then why are interested in d name he picked? Mstcheeeeew.
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by MunorAnne(f): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

then why are you interested in d name he picked? Mstcheeeeew.

3 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
latsy:
Oba of Benin, the grandson of ile-ife, the destroyer of the ogiso
dynasty, prince eheneden ,your great grandfather from ile-ife civilized
the Benin people.
Pls help tell them o..They even think oranmiyan is d direct son of oduduwa, they didn't knw he was d great grandson of oduduwa.

7 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 16, 2016
martineverest:
im from edo.about 50 percent of the listed correlations arent correct
Are u a benin man? u have to be bini to observe it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martineverest(m): 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:
Are u a benin man? u have to be bini to observe it.
im ishan
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by onward4life(m): 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

Hahahahaha i told you idiot not to disgrace yourself here but your yoruba dunce brain could not process it....

Benin words stolen by yoruba
Oba - king

Ologbo cat
Elede pig
Oba
Omo
Aga chair
Ko! sorry
Iye Mother
Patapata Everything
Olokun
Ogun - a benin king Nobiasisis worshiped as a diety
Aiyelala - A Benin/Ijaw Diety or cult
Amen - water
Egbe - Family meeting

All yoruba king - Are all Bastard Grandchildren from from the Benin Royal stool

HAHAHA JESUS SO NOW ODUPOOPWA FELL FROM ONDO I TOT U PPL SAID MECCA BEFORE grin BUNCH OF CONFUSED ILLETERATES

Bro it's OK already. Pls ooo

1 Like

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
martineverest:
im ishan
I lived in benin for seven years..and have bn to uromi & Ekpoma before.
The eshan people doesn't use yoruba words like d binis. it's bcus d binis had more contact with d yorubas way back than Ishan, Afemai etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by latsy: 4:00pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

No Benin people didn't change it because they were very
fearful of the ogisos(the so called sky-kings), a Yoruba man
Oranmiyan did.

4 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by AnonymousG: 4:02pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

.Read properperly that write up cleary states two things.

1) UHE IS IFE
2) ODUDUWA CAME FROM BENIN AND ESTABLISED THE YORUBA RACE THUS YORUBA KINGS A CLEARY BADTARDS FROM THE BENIN ROYAL STOOL..
CASED CLOSED!!!!
0duduwa came from benin? haba bross
sufrry lie na. Even a mad benin man wunt utter this out.

cry

4 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
latsy:

No Benin people didn't change it because they were very fearful of the ogisos(the so called sky-kings), a Yoruba man Oranmiyan did.
Say something reasonable...... OBA IS AN EDO WORD!!

3 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by latsy: 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

Ohh no Oduduwa fell from sky with a chain, two fowl grin and two tribal mark faced women and started borning u ppl and planting cassava hahaha abeg dude be sensible Oduduwa was prince Ekelerehan dat was barnished from benin and wandered onto Uhe wich u ppl call Ife and he told u ppl he was an Ogiso wich means Sky King wich was the title benin kings bore at that time so he successfully convinced u ppl that u ppl made him king lool i swear even up till now yoruba OT never still change...

YOU WANNA TIFF WORD NA USELU WICH IS ONE OF THE MOST COMMON BENIN WORDS YOU WAN TIFF HAHAHA ABEG I NORFIT LAFF grin
Oboy Laho dnt digrace urself here grin grin

Oh no, don't tell me you don't know the difference between
myths and history ?

1 Like

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martineverest(m): 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

I lived in benin for seven years..and have bn to uromi & Ekpoma before.
The eshan people doesn't use yoruba words like d binis. it's bcus d binis had more contact with d yorubas way back than Ishan, Afemai etc
esan and afemai are from bini

3 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KillerBeauty(f): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Guys Guys please! Why all these E-war

You know nobody can win an E-war right?

Its either network disappears from someones phone or the other run out of data.

Nobody wins!!

10 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by PapaBrowne(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Shio go and find d history of most of d Akoko edos..they will tell u where they migrated frm e.g Ibilo, Sobe etc. Many of them bears yoruba names, looks like yorubas and they always remain loyal to there yorubas despite d fake histories u people want to force on themgrin

Isoko/etsako/esan/Akoko edos/Yorubas/itsekiris/olukunmi all in d south south does not speak benin but speak more yorubas..that sud tell u many things alone.

The first four kings of d Olukunmi in d South south are yoruba namea..likewise d itsekiris.

Many of ur great grand fathers frm benin bear yoruba names..dat sud tell u their source too.

Yorubaland four times bigger than the South South yet have never seen a single yoruba man bearing benin name but is d other way round...why?

Where do you get all these false stories from? Have you ever been in the South South to verify all the falsehood you've been fed with? The only major tribe in the Super South with any semblance to Yoruba language is Itsekiri and that's largely a function of migration of Ilajes via the waterways.

I have just 1 question for you:

Do you believe Oduduwa came from the sky? If no, then where did he come from? He could have come from anywhere: Egypt, Benin, Sudan or wherever. Now of all the places you suspect he came from, where is the most likely place.Look at you maps and tell me how possible it is that he walked through the sahara dessert all the way down to Ife.

You know the truth but just refuse to accept it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Boyooosa(m): 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

U blow off ur own as here! Then explain the meaning of the word 'oba'. Don't tell me king o!

since you have decided to remain silent then, now or ever. i hereby use this medium to educate you as our far distant 'Alamori':
the syllables here are two; i.e. o/ba. that 'o' actually stands for 'He' and not 'you' as some pple would speculate. while the strong other syllable, which is a transitive verb, 'ba' means 'topples' and not perch like some people would assume (Yoruba anything is rich baba, i tells grin you).
Am happy for you that u are claiming the origin of one of the greatest culture and people in the world, who u epp . connecting these two syllables together, you know the word 'oba' itself means without giraffing again in an examination hall. This is to inform you how prestigious this word means to us! 'o ba', 'he topples'. let me now be explicit: oba ba lori oun gbogbo. King topples on everything in existence cheesy. ori Ooni gan a ma wu laafin ;o (why u dey ask me the meaning of this when you were not ready to learn at initial?). continues, oba alade wura, oba alase, igbakeji orisa. brah, he decides your fate back then cheesy. furthermore, you can be sure of what am reflecting here: a friend can tell his friend; 'ma ga ba lemi lori'. this is a refuting statement that means 'dont ever try to topple or dominate me!' its a warning for anybody that you can lay your hands, even your dad, they will later settle una with 'etu' like: kosi ba se ferin, kori ma mi' (i will not tell u the meaning of this one, b4 you go say' nothing wey dem won talk for youruba wey u no go understand cheesy. but that statement to a king back then shocked, common dont even go there cos it wont werk! they call the judgement 6 feet (ese mefa) grin
Those words and statements, as a grounded yoruba person suppose understand. If you dont understand those basics, why then do you claim the king of that set of people. Go and claim Nupe jere!

3 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
martineverest:
oba is palace-ridden....he will remain there for life...he will never step out

What if he decides to use social media since he can't go up and down. Oba starts tweeting and all.
Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2016
onward4life:

Bro it's OK already. Pls ooo

Hahaha bro free me make i finish this yoooba fools NO WONDER THEY ARE THE MOST HATED TRIBE IN THIS COUNTRY!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
PapaBrowne:

Where do you get all these false stories from? Have you ever been in the South South to verify all the falsehood you've been fed with? The only major tribe in the Super South with any semblance to Yoruba language is Itsekiri and that's largely a function of migration of Ilajes via the waterways.

I have just 1 question for you:

Do you believe Oduduwa came from the sky? If no, then where did he come from? He could have come from anywhere: Egypt, Benin, Sudan or wherever. Now of all the places you suspect he came from, where is the most likely place.Look at you maps and tell me how possible it is that he walked through the sahara dessert all the way down to Ife.

You know the truth but just refuse to accept it.

DONT mind them jaare that thier Skull na pangolo oo NOTHING DEY INSIDE!

6 Likes

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by prest(m): 4:19pm On Oct 16, 2016
[quote author=martineverest post=50250323]oba is palace-ridden....he will remain there for life...he will never step out] Oba of Benin is not Palace ridden as you claim but steps out on rear occasions. Oba of Benin is not meant to be seen at every occasion as yoruba obas

1 Like

Re: Prince Eheneden Picks New Name by martineverest(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2016
sexybaby22:

What if he decides to use social media since he can't go up and down. Oba starts tweeting and all.
oba will never do dat...he knows d tradition of bini

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

African Medieval Military Systems Pre-colonial / Do You Know The Names Of Basic Colours In Your Local Language? / African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.